PDA

View Full Version : Tiger needs to let his freak flag fly...

Okla-homey
6/13/2010, 04:20 PM
because he's lost his mojo.

Who knew a ho at every tournament was key to his success? :D

Methinks the golf industry may oughtta hook him up so they can have their superstar back. And to think, our coaches in HS used to tell us secks, even by yourself, leached athletic prowess.

Expectations Have Fallen as Woods Flounders
By LARRY DORMAN
Published: June 12, 2010

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. — As Tiger Woods returns to the United States Open this week at Pebble Beach, the site of his still-stunning victory in 2000, he is facing some uncomfortable truths and difficult barriers. Four days before the tournament begins, Woods is trying to find a game that will hold up under major championship pressure.

In fact, with significant gaps in his game apparent in the four tournaments he has played in the run-up to the Open, Woods, 34, barely resembles the carefree, unfettered young man who won here by a record 15 strokes a decade ago. In a situation that could not have been imagined before last November’s one-car accident in front of his Florida home set off a scandal unlike any other golf has ever seen, Woods is floundering into the second major of the year, beset by doubts, flaws, frailties and distractions from the fallout.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/sports/golf/13golf.html

SoonerStormchaser
6/13/2010, 04:29 PM
Who knew that gettin some before the tournaments was his secret weapon...I thought it was Wheaties!

SunnySooner
6/13/2010, 05:02 PM
At this point, I'm thinkin' his marriage is done, so in theory, he can do whatever he wants. Maybe some of the thrill was the fear of getting caught. Maybe he needs to get married again, and THEN line up the skanks. Just a thought.

sooneron
6/13/2010, 09:58 PM
Skanks or no, he dumped his coach and has said that he will analyze his swing via video. Sorry Eldrick, that is a recipe for disaster.

Breadburner
6/13/2010, 10:04 PM
He has lost his mental edge......Other players have gained confindence now that they know he has a chink in his armor....No pun intended....

Jacie
6/14/2010, 06:09 AM
A little premature to be talking about the demise of Tiger Woods. He's got em right where he wants em.

OUthunder
6/14/2010, 10:33 AM
If I were him, I'd ask Paula Creamer or Natalie Gulbis to be my new swing coach. Probably help him get his head screwed on right again.

Leroy Lizard
6/14/2010, 11:31 AM
A little premature to be talking about the demise of Tiger Woods. He's got em right where he wants em.

Interesting strategy... "lose so that I can win later."

Why not just win now?

Collier11
6/14/2010, 11:33 AM
Skanks or no, he dumped his coach and has said that he will analyze his swing via video. Sorry Eldrick, that is a recipe for disaster.

He didnt dump his coach, his coach dumped him. And it wasnt just any coach, it was the best swing coach in the game by most accounts

SoonerJack
6/14/2010, 01:20 PM
If I were him, I'd ask Paula Creamer or Natalie Gulbis to be my new swing coach. Probably help him get his head screwed on right again.

Say n'more. Nudge nudge wink wink

sooneron
6/14/2010, 04:13 PM
He didnt dump his coach, his coach dumped him. And it wasnt just any coach, it was the best swing coach in the game by most accounts

You're being pretty emphatic about that...

Woods posted a short comment on his website Tuesday that they have agreed Haney will no longer work with him.

Collier11
6/14/2010, 06:49 PM
Woods is a egomaniac...it was reported all over the place when it happened that Haney resigned. Now Tiger is just saying whatever he wants to say

Collier11
6/14/2010, 06:51 PM
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-insider/haney-walks-away-from-woods-36691/

"I would like to make it clear, this is my decision" Haney

VeeJay
6/14/2010, 09:08 PM
I know all about the mojo. It's the difference in me shooting a 100 and a 130. And nekkid secks has nuttin to do with it.

sooneron
6/15/2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-insider/haney-walks-away-from-woods-36691/

"I would like to make it clear, this is my decision" Haney

I still say that Woods may have forced him into that decision.
Whether dumped or not, the point is, Eldrick is going "forward" without a swing coach and he's doing it on his own. That only works in Rocky movies.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/15/2010, 11:13 AM
He should call Willard White.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/yUWM_8Yl8Zo/0.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
6/19/2010, 08:12 PM
The guy is playing out of his mind on the back nine today. His second shot on eighteen was just ridiculous. Shot a 66 today for third place going into tomorrow.

Boomer.....
6/19/2010, 09:55 PM
He looked good and his swing is improving.

Curly Bill
6/20/2010, 12:35 AM

Natalie Gulbis...YOWZA! :hot:

Flagstaffsooner
6/20/2010, 01:58 AM
And to think, our coaches in HS used to tell us secks, even by yourself, leached athletic prowess.

They were just trying to get you to quit jacking off all the time, Homey.

Okla-homey
6/20/2010, 07:21 AM
The guy is playing out of his mind on the back nine today. His second shot on eighteen was just ridiculous. Shot a 66 today for third place going into tomorrow.

He must have hooked-up with some floozy. :D

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 12:07 PM
He must have hooked-up with some floozy. :D

If that's all it takes, then Steve Williams needs to keep him in a harem of whores.

King Crimson
6/20/2010, 12:29 PM
if Dustin J. posts par or better, he'll be tough to catch. unless he folds (very possible), his length will give him a lot of opportunities to compensate for the inevitable Sunday mistakes. and, he can lay back from the trouble in the fairway and still hit mid-irons into Pebble's much-smaller-than-these-guys-are-used-to-seeing greens....this used to be Eldrick's big advantage and not a luxury many players have on a major track stretched to 7200. especially across the pond at the British, Tiger has been all over that. other guys are throwing 4 and 5 iron at a green at that distance, Tiger's hitting 6 or 7 and he's taken the trouble out of the picture off the tee (which, if he keeps it in the fairway off the tee, he almost never loses).

if i'm Tiger, while Els is a good pairing for me, i'm wishing i was playing with DJ a bit.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 12:42 PM
Dustin Johnson is a cool cat. If he keeps his head on straight today he should win it. You just never know how those Sunday butterflies are going to work on a newbie.

King Crimson
6/20/2010, 12:48 PM
this Pacific Time start is pretty exaggerated this year. leaders are teeing off at 5:30 local time. when someone wins, it's gonna be around 11 PM on the east coast. and, slow play has been a prob all week. 10, 10:30 OK time. i guess somebody decided they could make this "prime time" TV with the big ad revenue.

i got home yesterday at about 2:00 ready to watch golf and, truly, we were still an hour and a half from the meat of the coverage.

King Crimson
6/20/2010, 12:58 PM
Dustin Johnson is a cool cat. If he keeps his head on straight today he should win it. You just never know how those Sunday butterflies are going to work on a newbie.

true, McDowell is right there, too. but he looked like he was leaking oil yesterday. holding it together with bailing wire and duct tape. Els has won the Open twice (amazingly the last was 13 years ago, time flies, huh?)....but i don't see him going low enough. he might post 69 or something but not the 67 it might take.

Jacie
6/20/2010, 01:36 PM
Interesting strategy... "lose so that I can win later."

Why not just win now?

I take this line from Sooner yore:

In 1976 following successive big score losses to Colorado and Oklahoma State, Larry Lacewell was stunned to hear Switzer tell the players at a team meeting, "Boys, we got em right where we want em." The Sooners went on to beat Missouri and Nebraska and forge a three-way tie for first in the Big 8 conference.

Leroy Lizard
6/20/2010, 03:23 PM
I take this line from Sooner yore:

In 1976 following successive big score losses to Colorado and Oklahoma State, Larry Lacewell was stunned to hear Switzer tell the players at a team meeting, "Boys, we got em right where we want em." The Sooners went on to beat Missouri and Nebraska and forge a three-way tie for first in the Big 8 conference.

Yeah, but if they had beat CU and OSU they would have won the conference title outright.

KC//CRIMSON
6/20/2010, 05:41 PM
true, McDowell is right there, too. but he looked like he was leaking oil yesterday. holding it together with bailing wire and duct tape. Els has won the Open twice (amazingly the last was 13 years ago, time flies, huh?)....but i don't see him going low enough. he might post 69 or something but not the 67 it might take.

Johnson at +6 through 5, oops! Els looking good, and Steve Williams needs to call in a few groupies.

sooneron
6/21/2010, 06:30 PM
Another brutal Sunday at the US Open.
Phil discovers the yips, Tiger has mi****s, and Davis putts like a girl...

& Ernie did what I thought he'd do.