PDA

View Full Version : Aggies are insane

SoonerInKCMO
6/12/2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, what else is new?

Tramel's blog that includes a 20-point e-mail circulating amongst the crazies: http://bit.ly/b9oTfQ

sooner518
6/13/2010, 07:34 AM
Just wow. That made absolutely no sense and is 99% wishful aggie thinking.

I love how they talk about A&M games versus Baylor, miss st, Kansas, south Carolina, Kentucky and air force as being worth mentioning and then go out of their way to say that UT playing against Oregon or cal "isn't even worth mentioning".

And what the hell is the gold, silver and bronze cups in the sec? Did they just make that up??

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2010, 07:43 AM
My favorite part was establishing a rivalry with air force that "would be our ”armed forces rivalry” similar to Army v. Navy."

I would have posted this earlier, but I just finished laughing. Hard.

Dio
6/13/2010, 08:34 AM
I'm gonna miss A&M when they go to the SEC and disappear.

PrideTrombone
6/13/2010, 08:42 AM
A&M seems to have gone full retard.

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/ob/tropic-thunder-downey1.jpg

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2010, 08:46 AM
Heh. You never go full retard.

Mississippi Sooner
6/13/2010, 08:49 AM
I've read some funny things since the whole conference realignment thing started, but they were meant to be funny. This might be one of the funniest of all, yet I'm sure the poor, delusional Aggies who put it together thought they were being honest. So sad, and that's what makes it even funnier.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2010, 08:52 AM
That was...awesome?

Bourbon St Sooner
6/13/2010, 09:31 AM
That was dumb.

If aggie goes to SEC, it's clear to me they've decided they just can't compete with OU and texass. It's fine. I'd rather have Kansas go with us anyways. At least they have one elite program.

Breadburner
6/13/2010, 10:02 AM
I think insane is a compliment at times or an excuse.....I think just plain stupid fits in this case.....

SoonerMom2
6/13/2010, 10:16 AM
When I read that late last night I couldn't quit laughing. This from the school where their corp of cadets they love to brag about don't even have to enter the military -- they get their senior boots and off to wherever in the work force. Yet they pretend they are a military school.

Having lived in a small town in Texas pretty evenly divided between A&M and UT fans, I believe every word this Aggie wrote he meant to be true. My son had a science teacher that told an Aggie joke every morning. Most of them could be true.

Much prefer Kansas!

soonerinabilene
6/13/2010, 10:53 AM
That was dumb.

If aggie goes to SEC, it's clear to me they've decided they just can't compete with OU and texass. It's fine. I'd rather have Kansas go with us anyways. At least they have one elite program.

so in their logic, facing bama, florida, tennessee, and georgia is going to be easier than ou and texas?

ashley
6/13/2010, 10:59 AM
Everone needs to go to TexAgs. You will not believe the things they are saying. They are going to get the best Texas recruits just by going to the SEC. they think the will be kicking *** over there in no time.

badger
6/13/2010, 11:04 AM
Hell, LSU doesn't get the best Texas recruits and they've been in the SEC for... um... a lot of years? 75 years or so???

Anyway, anytime you go to TexAgs is fun times. If you ever need a laugh, that's the place to go. Although, BaylorFans.com is also getting to be pretty funny these days too. OrangePower.com and HornFans.com are not nearly as hilarious as they are during football or basketball seasons.

oudivesherpa
6/13/2010, 11:16 AM
The Aggies remind me of a flea, with an erection floating down a river shouting raise the draw bridge, raise the draw bridge, we going to be kings of the SEC.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/13/2010, 12:59 PM
I believe this was from Tommy Boy: "What you just said, is the most idiotic thing ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

Could it be they are even worse than the LoSuRs? It just may be...

Curly Bill
6/13/2010, 01:15 PM
The Aggots are being the little kid threatening to run away from home because mommy and daddy aren't paying him enough attention.

LOL, knock yourselves out aggots.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/13/2010, 01:55 PM
Really, if they left for the SEC, wouldn't it mostly be accompanied by laughter?

Those morons would be signing themselves up for 6-6 every single year.

Curly Bill
6/13/2010, 02:26 PM
Really, if they left for the SEC, wouldn't it mostly be accompanied by laughter?

Maybe in their good years. ;)

GottaHavePride
6/13/2010, 03:18 PM
I love their rundown of how that would keep all the "traditional rivalries" together, and they completely forget that Missouri / Kansas is WAY bigger than KU / KSU will ever be. Missouri and Kansas have hated the **** out of each other since a bunch of Missourians burned Lawrence to the ground about 160 years ago.

yermom
6/13/2010, 03:19 PM
it was the Air Force thing that got me the most

fadada1
6/13/2010, 03:23 PM
sounds like they have it all planned out. :D

welcome to the SEC, A&M... now vanderbilt won't feel so lonely.

Curly Bill
6/13/2010, 05:33 PM
I love their rundown of how that would keep all the "traditional rivalries" together, and they completely forget that Missouri / Kansas is WAY bigger than KU / KSU will ever be. Missouri and Kansas have hated the **** out of each other since a bunch of Missourians burned Lawrence to the ground about 160 years ago.

I remember that Josie Wales guy. ;)

Boy, did he have some hatred.

GottaHavePride
6/13/2010, 05:46 PM
I was thinking more of John Brown, who led the Pottawatomie Massacre in response to said sacking of Lawrence.

Curly Bill
6/13/2010, 05:47 PM
Josie Wales > John Brown

:D

Leroy Lizard
6/13/2010, 06:39 PM
so in their logic, facing bama, florida, tennessee, and georgia is going to be easier than ou and texas?

But they want to maintain the UT/ATM rivalry. So they have the full slate of SEC games, plus UT out of conference.

delhalew
6/13/2010, 07:20 PM
But they want to maintain the UT/ATM rivalry. So they have the full slate of SEC games, plus UT out of conference.

If we had a hair on our sack, that's what we'd be doing.

Sabanball
6/13/2010, 07:26 PM
That was dumb.

Yup....having to play cupcakes like Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, and Auburn in front of 90,000+ people every saturday sure makes for a nicer record at the end of the year.:confused:

I've got a whole lot more respect for AM now than I have had before. At least they did not pull down their pants, spread their legs apart, and bend over in front of Texas over this whole realignment issue--something that some other schools,...ahem...in their conference are apparently willing to do.

bluedogok
6/13/2010, 07:46 PM
They are more afraid of the devil they know than the devil they don't know. I kind of expected them to do this, many of the Aggies that I know kind of feel like they would be better off out of UT's shadow.

If they don't dutifully follow UT the rivalry is over, supposedly DeLoss told them so and it wouldn't surprise me.

SoonerMom2
6/13/2010, 08:23 PM
Texas told them already no more rivalry games on Thanksgiving weekend. Wish we could do the same to little brother up the way.

bluedogok
6/13/2010, 08:39 PM
The story that I read said the Dodds told them they would never play A&M again in any sport if A&M breaks away.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2010, 09:10 PM
If we had a hair on our sack, that's what we'd be doing.

The SEC has had 5 different champions over the last 10 years. The Big 12 has had 2 different champions over the same period. Why the **** would it behoove us to move to a conference where we are one of 6 or more elite teams when we can play in a conference where we can be one of 3 or 4 elite teams? Seriously. How does that improve our chances of playing in the BCS title game?

Is the SEC a superior conference in football? Yes. No on debates that. Does it improve our road to the national title game?

boomerborn79
6/13/2010, 09:21 PM
The SEC has had 5 different champions over the last 10 years. The Big 12 has had 2 different champions over the same period. Why the **** would it behoove us to move to a conference where we are one of 6 or more elite teams when we can play in a conference where we can be one of 3 or 4 elite teams? Seriously. How does that improve our chances of playing in the BCS title game?

Is the SEC a superior conference in football? Yes. No on debates that. Does it improve our road to the national title game?

well then let's go join the WAC. I personally would rather be a good team that has great season's in the best conference then be the best or second best in a rose sniffing, panty wearing pac??. Why wear a glass slipper all the way to the championship just to have the SEC tell us its midnight and get are a>> home. I think football is played in the south thats were OU should go.

MyT Oklahoma
6/13/2010, 09:22 PM
I was thinking more of John Brown, who led the Pottawatomie Massacre in response to said sacking of Lawrence.

Let's see now, The Pottawatomie Massacre occurred in 1856. John Brown was hung on December 2, 1859. And Lawrence was sacked by Quantrill on August 21, 1863. All of which makes as much sense as the Aggies going to the SEC of course.

MyT Oklahoma
6/13/2010, 09:25 PM

I am a native Kansan who can't stand KU but despises Missouri and have so long before the part Mizzou played in imploding the Big 12. I do so look forward to making a road trip to Columbia this fall to watch the Sooners demolish them.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2010, 09:28 PM
well then let's go join the WAC. I personally would rather be a good team that has great season's in the best conference then be the best or second best in a rose sniffing, panty wearing pac??. Why wear a glass slipper all the way to the championship just to have the SEC tell us its midnight and get are a>> home. I think football is played in the south thats were OU should go.

You amuse me.

Look the last 15 years we've played in a 2 team football conference and all of a sudden you need to pound your chest and go out and dive into a conference where considering our current level of talent we're at best a 9 - 3 team. I wonder why none of you people were howling for us to go to the SEC before this whole realignment issue came up?

boomerborn79
6/13/2010, 09:38 PM
You amuse me.

Look the last 15 years we've played in a 2 team football conference and all of a sudden you need to pound your chest and go out and dive into a conference where considering our current level of talent we're at best a 9 - 3 team. I wonder why none of you people were howling for us to go to the SEC before this whole realignment issue came up?

Um Da. we had a conference:confused: now our conference is being raped by other conferences. I'm glad I amuse u. But you can't argue that the SEC performs well in BCS games, why? probably because it's one of the easier games on there schedule. Yes i want OU to play in championship games, but im tired of them getting beat because of the easy schedule that got them there. If your pulling for them to go to the pac?? then fine, I just know I hate their brand of football and if you are around that brand of football eventually you'll play that brand. Kinda like you are what you eat.....I want OU to get better and be the best I don't see that happening in the pac??

JohnnyMack
6/13/2010, 09:49 PM
We've played in a **** conference for the better part of 40 years! Other than the infrequent time every 5 years or so when we have some parity, we've
played in a very, very average conference. It's not like top to bottom the Big 12 is somehow superior to the PAC-10.

badger
6/13/2010, 09:59 PM
The story that I read said the Dodds told them they would never play A&M again in any sport if A&M breaks away.

Gov. Perry and the Texas legislature would definitely stick their noses in that decision, so the Aggies aren't worrying about never having another Lone Star Showdown :D

It is times like this when you see if you really have a passive or aggressive government in office. Will Texas just let their cash cows do whatever the eff they want, or are they gonna realize how many Big 12 events are in the state of Texas and how valuable they are to the economy down there?

(I am not trying to push for the Big 12 to stay together. I really don't care at this point. I just can't believe that the legislature would not want to get heavily involved in decisions like this)

boomerborn79
6/13/2010, 10:02 PM
We've played in a **** conference for the better part of 40 years! Other than the infrequent time every 5 years or so when we have some parity, we've
played in a very, very average conference. It's not like top to bottom the Big 12 is somehow superior to the PAC-10.

Im not trying to argue with you but can you name another team other than USC that has played in a bcs game? OU,UT,KSU,KU,NEB, Just off the top. NOt to mention that almost every year the big twelve had 2 teams in the bcs. That would be superior wouldn't it? The big twelve was second to just the SEC and everyone else was a distant third. Honestly the big twelve was closing the gap. When it comes to the big eight who ever won it was playing for a championship just about every year. Just saying I believe the pac ten sucks I don't want any part of that. But yes your correct the road to the championship would be easier.

GottaHavePride
Let's see now, The Pottawatomie Massacre occurred in 1856. John Brown was hung on December 2, 1859. And Lawrence was sacked by Quantrill on August 21, 1863. All of which makes as much sense as the Aggies going to the SEC of course.

I'm referring to the sacking of Lawrence in spring 1856, immediately before the Pottawatomie business.

And why do we all seem to suddenly give a **** about the Big 12 falling apart? We've had a crap TV contract and inmates running the asylum from the beginning.

soonerboy_odanorth
And when it comes to very, very average, there is no one like the Texas Agricultural and Mechanical University Fightin' Aggies!

WOOT!

SoonerMom2
6/13/2010, 10:03 PM
Governor Perry already said he was not getting involved -- it would be dumb if he did. Best to sit on the sidelines and let the two universities decide where they want to go.

tulsaoilerfan
6/13/2010, 10:07 PM

I think u are giving them too much credit :D

tulsaoilerfan
6/13/2010, 10:07 PM
We should thank god every day that we are not Aggies; really

JohnnyMack
6/13/2010, 10:20 PM
Im not trying to argue with you but can you name another team other than USC that has played in a bcs game? OU,UT,KSU,KU,NEB, Just off the top. NOt to mention that almost every year the big twelve had 2 teams in the bcs. That would be superior wouldn't it? The big twelve was second to just the SEC and everyone else was a distant second. Honestly the big twelve was closing the gap. When it comes to the big eight who ever won it was playing for a championship just about every year. Just saying I believe the pac ten sucks I don't want any part of that. But yes your correct the road to the championship would be easier.

Maybe this will make you feel better. We're not joining the PAC-10, we're actually jettisoning the worst teams in our league (Baylor and Iowa State) as well as some of the more mediocre middle of the road hangers-on (Aggie & Mizzou) so we can add in the PAC-10, get an occassional trip to Southern California sunshine and tripling our payday. Sure the corporate offices will change their locale, but we still got Texas, our idiot little brother in Stillwater, Sand Aggie, the battery chuckers from the mountains and now, possibly our friends from Lawrence. So it's not like this is OU joining the PAC-10 all on our own. As it stands now we play eight conference games. In two years we'll probably play nine games, but 5 of the nine will be against OSU, Texas, Texas Tech, Colorado & possibly Kansas.

Here's our projected 2012 schedule as of today:

9/1 at TCU
9/8 at Baylor
9/15 TBA
9/22 Bye
9/29 at Kansas State
10/6 TBA
10/13 vs Texas
10/20 Kansas
10/27 Notre Dame
11/3 Nebraska
11/10 at Texas A&M
11/17 Texas Tech
11/24 at Oklahoma State

We could project that it might end up looking something like:

9/1 at TCU
9/8 at Washington State
9/15 TBA
9/22 Bye
9/29 at Arizona
10/6 UCLA
10/13 vs Texas
10/20 Kansas
10/27 Notre Dame
11/3 Colorado
11/10 at Arizona State
11/17 Texas Tech
11/24 at Oklahoma State

To me we get to keep playing our regional non-con games against various Texas schools, we still see our existing conference members 5 times and we get one glamour non-con game (Notre Dame this particular year) and we'll mix in one scrub non-con opponent on the TBA date.

boomerborn79
6/13/2010, 10:38 PM
Maybe this will make you feel better. We're not joining the PAC-10, we're actually jettisoning the worst teams in our league (Baylor and Iowa State) as well as some of the more mediocre middle of the road hangers-on (Aggie & Mizzou) so we can add in the PAC-10, get an occassional trip to Southern California sunshine and tripling our payday. Sure the corporate offices will change their locale, but we still got Texas, our idiot little brother in Stillwater, Sand Aggie, the battery chuckers from the mountains and now, possibly our friends from Lawrence. So it's not like this is OU joining the PAC-10 all on our own. As it stands now we play eight conference games. In two years we'll probably play nine games, but 5 of the nine will be against OSU, Texas, Texas Tech, Colorado & possibly Kansas.

Here's our projected 2012 schedule as of today:

9/1 at TCU
9/8 at Baylor
9/15 TBA
9/22 Bye
9/29 at Kansas State
10/6 TBA
10/13 vs Texas
10/20 Kansas
10/27 Notre Dame
11/3 Nebraska
11/10 at Texas A&M
11/17 Texas Tech
11/24 at Oklahoma State

We could project that it might end up looking something like:

9/1 at TCU
9/8 at Washington State
9/15 TBA
9/22 Bye
9/29 at Arizona
10/6 UCLA
10/13 vs Texas
10/20 Kansas
10/27 Notre Dame
11/3 Colorado
11/10 at Arizona State
11/17 Texas Tech
11/24 at Oklahoma State

To me we get to keep playing our regional non-con games against various Texas schools, we still see our existing conference members 5 times and we get one glamour non-con game (Notre Dame this particular year) and we'll mix in one scrub non-con opponent on the TBA date.

OK, but the SEC will have a better conference, most likely the big ten will have a better conference and OUr conference will be the weekest because usc will suck and it will be a two team conference OU & UT and that is not going to have TV's on. no competetiveness =boring......Look at that schedule you put up UT and N.dame are the two highlight games, all the others are just wtf. now imagine Lsu,atm,arkansas, florida, ole miss, n.dame, auburn, alabama, .........were on tv prime time every week. Look if we go to the pac?? then i'll be the biggest supporter and I will say it's the best conf. and I will root for the conf. I just hate the pac 10 and don't want to do that. I think the tradition on the SEC is awesome, I think OU's tradition is awesome, outside of USC I don't think the pac 10 has any tradition other then going to the beach on saturdays.....paying players and smoking weed.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2010, 10:42 PM
OK, but the SEC will have a better conference, most likely the big ten will have a better conference and OUr conference will be the weekest because usc will suck and it will be a two team conference OU & UT and that is not going to have TV's on. no competetiveness =boring......Look at that schedule you put up UT and N.dame are the two highlight games, all the others are just wtf. now imagine Lsu,atm,arkansas, florida, ole miss, n.dame, auburn, alabama, .........were on tv prime time every week. Look if we go to the pac?? then i'll be the biggest supporter and I will say it's the best conf. and I will root for the conf. I just hate the pac 10 and don't want to do that. I think the tradition on the SEC is awesome, I think OU's tradition is awesome, outside of USC I don't think the pac 10 has any tradition other then going to the beach on saturdays.....paying players and smoking weed.

Ummm....we have a 2 team conference right now.

The schedule you list and we would be 8 - 4 and praying that we went to the Chick-Fil-A bowl.

badger
6/13/2010, 10:44 PM
Did you know that the first three letters of "secede" are S-E-C?

:mad: I do now that I lurked at texags for a few seconds.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2010, 10:46 PM
And I don't see a real drop off from

Baylor
Kansas State
Nebraska
Texas A&M

and replacing that with

Washington State
Arizona
Arizona State
UCLA
Colorado

Baylor and Wazzu cancel each other out. KState and Colorado are basically the same team. Aggie and Arizona are about the same. Nebraska is probably a notch above UCLA for now, but with USC hurting and Neu-Weasel at the helm, they're likely to improve. So all in all it isn't much of a difference in terms of the level of talent we'd be facing.

boomerborn79
6/13/2010, 10:47 PM

The schedule you list and we would be 8 - 4 and praying that we went to the Chick-Fil-A bowl.

OK...........

MyT Oklahoma
6/14/2010, 01:02 AM
I'm referring to the sacking of Lawrence in spring 1856, immediately before the Pottawatomie business.

And why do we all seem to suddenly give a **** about the Big 12 falling apart? We've had a crap TV contract and inmates running the asylum from the beginning.

Oh yeah. Noted. Duly noted.

Meanwhile the Aggies really are insane.

delhalew
6/14/2010, 07:13 AM
Why lament the big 12? For the first time ever we are about to be outsiders. A team with no regional and cultural ties to our conference. The big twelve was an extension of the Big 8. The Big is football tradition Gold. With NE gone and us leaving, that tradition is dead. Godammit, that is sad.
Now off we go to the PAC-10? ****tarded redneck okies. My family toughed through the dust bowl. now you want us to head west the first time the wind blows.
This whole thing is a heaping pile of bull****. Does anyone give a damn about TRADITION anymore? It's what makes being a Sooner so special.

Boomer Mooner
6/14/2010, 08:20 AM

Risk having an 8-4 season and watch my Sooners play against some real teams damn near every weekend is way better than getting embarrassed in a BCS game after beating up on a bunch of pansies all year.

badger
6/14/2010, 08:30 AM
And I don't see a real drop off from

Baylor
Kansas State
Nebraska
Texas A&M

and replacing that with

Washington State
Arizona
Arizona State
UCLA
Colorado

Baylor and Wazzu cancel each other out. KState and Colorado are basically the same team. Aggie and Arizona are about the same. Nebraska is probably a notch above UCLA for now, but with USC hurting and Neu-Weasel at the helm, they're likely to improve. So all in all it isn't much of a difference in terms of the level of talent we'd be facing.

The difference between Baylor and all other teams you listed is that they were all at bowls recently. In Wazzu's case, they were at the Rose Bowl recently (against us, in fact).

What makes KState different from Colorado is the coaching. 'Hey, let's schedule easy opponents, recruit jucos and knock our opponents QB knees out!' Soooooo ready to replace that with arsehole Colorado fans that throw battery-powered marshmallows.

I will really miss A&M if they leave. They were weird and whether they provided a close, exciting game or a blowout in Norman, they have been a guaranteed win ever since :rcmad: got senior-booted. Woop!

I don't see how we won't have non-conference games with Nebraska after the dust settles, so I won't have to miss them.

cheezyq
6/14/2010, 09:22 AM
I believe this was from Tommy Boy: "What you just said, is the most idiotic thing ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

Could it be they are even worse than the LoSuRs? It just may be...

Billy Madison - "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

;)