PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the perception that OU is "waiting for Tejas..."

the_ouskull
6/11/2010, 10:54 PM
...but it's not like it's a bad idea for us to try to join whatever conference they join.

Here's my thinking:

- What does OU make more money off of? OU/Texas, or a typical non-conference home game? I'm guessing the home game, especially when you throw in what the City of Norman has to say about it. SO... We wait and join Texas in whatever conference we're able to join them in, and, as long as we're also in their Division, we're in. Then they're an every-year opponent still, and we don't lose a non-conference game having to schedule them just to keep the *ss-kickings going into the 2010's. :D

Thoughts?

the_ouskull

OU Adonis
6/11/2010, 11:15 PM
So why start another thread on this

HBick
6/11/2010, 11:17 PM
kind of agree with adonis

starclassic tama
6/11/2010, 11:22 PM
i kind of like the idea of them being perceived as so important off the field and doing all the dirty work so we can follow quietly and keep raking in the championships on the field

Collier11
6/11/2010, 11:54 PM
didnt I already read this somewhere?

the_ouskull
6/12/2010, 07:57 AM
So why start another thread on this

Because most people are idiots and I'd rather separate my thoughts from theirs without having to wade through pages of poorly-written tripe.

I would have thought that my reasoning was plainly clear by now.

the_ouskull

stoopified
6/12/2010, 08:36 AM
Perception and reality are two different things.I am confident in Joe C. and David Boren(never said THAT when he was governor) .

starrca23
6/12/2010, 08:56 AM
Sweet...another thread about saxet!!!

soonervegas
6/12/2010, 09:43 AM
I think Texas is in a different position than we are. Specifically, when it comes to relationships with other Big 8 schools. Joe C. doesn't want to be out leading the charge and making ultimatums. He is going to let DD do that and DD will glady do it.

Joe C's stance the whole time has been "I want to keep the conference together no matter what." Look for us to be the LAST school to officially accept a Pac-10 invite (outside of A&M). That way Joe C can say publically "we tried till the final bell to stay with our brothers." Then we can go collect that extra $10 million......

ouflak
6/12/2010, 09:52 AM
Didn't I already post in another thread like this?

delhalew
6/12/2010, 10:08 AM
Ouskull is special. Whereas anyone else would be a moron for starting another thread instead of participating in those pre-existing, skull is actually smarter than all of you...doosh.

the_ouskull
6/13/2010, 08:29 AM
If you have two telephones, one on a table in an empty room, and one on a table in a room stacked about three feet high with sh*t, guess which one I'd rather wade through to say what I have to say...? That can make me smart, or that can make me "special," but either way, I get my own classroom. :D

theresonly1OU
6/13/2010, 09:34 AM
Because most people are idiots and I'd rather separate my thoughts from theirs without having to wade through pages of poorly-written tripe.

I would have thought that my reasoning was plainly clear by now.

the_ouskull

So, having a sig filled with how great a poster you think you are isn't doing it for you these days, so you decided to start a thread on the same topic that has its own 3 page thread because....you're a better writer?

What a joke.

SoonerMom2
6/13/2010, 10:36 AM
i kind of like the idea of them being perceived as so important off the field and doing all the dirty work so we can follow quietly and keep raking in the championships on the field

Exactly! UT out front and OU pulling strings behind the scenes -- note OU was the first university that was visited by the PAC 10 to see David Boren. Wonder why? As if we all didn't know.

yermom
6/13/2010, 12:10 PM
i was kinda thinking about this.

if Texas and others leave first do we still have to pay a penalty to leave?

badger
6/13/2010, 12:13 PM
i was kinda thinking about this.

if Texas and others leave first do we still have to pay a penalty to leave?

Media reports are that it would likely be a settlement after a lawsuit, because it's like we're all leaving at once.

Thus, if this whole thing falls apart, it will likely result in the schools shutting off the lights as the door hits them on the way out getting paid by the ones that joining bcs conferences.

I doubt that the other 11 would be forced to pay the last holdout $10 mil each... but that would be a good nest egg to bribe a big conference to take Baylor, no?

Or does anyone think that one of the others will be the last picked up? :D

Sooner5030
6/13/2010, 12:20 PM
I doubt that the other 11 would be forced to pay the last holdout $10 mil each... but that would be a good nest egg to bribe a big conference to take Baylor, no?

If 4 or more teams remain then you do not have the 9 votes needed to dissolve the conference.....teams giving 2 years notice will be required to give up 50% of TV revenue and teams giving 1 year notice will be requried to give up 80% for their remaining seasons in the BIG12.

Where it gets tricky is that the BIG12 would have to remain beyond those 2 years.

Besides it's not like the schools have to fight to keep the money.......the BIG12 (by rule) will just short you when it distros the TV money.

StoopTroup
6/13/2010, 12:26 PM
The Big 8 should have known better than to take on the SWC scum.

the_ouskull
6/13/2010, 02:03 PM
When you lie with dogs, you get diseases.

the_ouskull

yermom
6/13/2010, 02:40 PM
the best thing about all this was that as a football conference, the Big 12 was supposedly run by Texas, but it turned out to be OU's conference. we just let everyone else play in it

even if it's around for two more years Texas could win the rest and still not catch us

conference titles (division rep):

OU - 6(7)
UT - 3(5)
NU - 2(5)
CU - 1(4)
KSU - 1(3)
A&M - 1(2)
MU - 0(2)
OSU,ISU,BU,TT,KU - 0(0)

delhalew
6/13/2010, 03:14 PM
When you lie with dogs, you get diseases.

the_ouskull

Fleas, hot shot...fleas.

the_ouskull
6/13/2010, 04:54 PM
Fleas, hot shot...fleas.

Really? I prefer it my way... (Even though the quote, specifically, that I'm talking about may not be listed, here's the rest...)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106880/quotes

the_ouskull