PDA

View Full Version : Do you really trust Deloss Dodds??

PLaw
6/11/2010, 05:37 PM
About as far as I can throw him, . I hope Joe C. still has his poker face on and is still working out the best for OU and not blindly following Dodds' lead. Believe me, Dodds is looking out for texass and couldn't give a rat's a$$ about anybody else. Dodds zeal for his program pretty much caused the SWC dissolution and the way he maneuvered the BIG XII TV money distribution.

Hey, Joe! Proceed with caution.

BOOMER

sooner518
6/11/2010, 05:43 PM
Somewhat. I think it helps that our goals align pretty well with texas's goals in this scenario.

That said, I would bet good money that if Texas still somehow ends up in the big 10, Joe c has a contingency plan to get us into a top conference.

bluedogok
6/11/2010, 09:51 PM
Amazing what an old K-State track coach has become.....

Soonerus
6/11/2010, 09:51 PM
Joe C. and Boren know what they are doing...

King Barry's Back
6/11/2010, 10:01 PM
About as far as I can throw him, . I hope Joe C. still has his poker face on and is still working out the best for OU and not blindly following Dodds' lead. Believe me, Dodds is looking out for texass and couldn't give a rat's a$$ about anybody else. Dodds zeal for his program pretty much caused the SWC dissolution and the way he maneuvered the BIG XII TV money distribution.

Hey, Joe! Proceed with caution.

BOOMER

Not trying to show you up, but I gotta respond that Joe C is looking out for OU and couldn't give a rat's a$$ about anyone else, either, or I hope that's how he's behaving.

Dodds zeal for his program may have caused the SWC dissolution and, if so, good for him. SMU didn't sign his pay slip, UT did. I hope our folks have the same zeal for our program as UT's did/do for theirs.

As far as the Big XII money distribution, while TX took the biggest share of money -- you might note that OU was second, taking in almost as much as TX. And I don't see Joe C sending checks to the other schools to make up the difference.

Look, I don't like to be in this situation. I feel like OU football has accomplished as much or more as anybody else in college football history, but this is not about athletic success or failure. It is about TV sets.

UT controls more than us, so we better be glad to take advantage of the fact that UT wants us so much they are willing to pull those little orange in-bred OSU retards of the north along with them (and I don't mean the ones in Oregon).

BHB 91
6/11/2010, 10:35 PM

I agree. We are going to be fine.

GottaHavePride
6/11/2010, 10:41 PM
Like I just said in another thread. Both the OU and Texas administrations know we're worth more money together than we are apart. That's why this is playing out the way it is. If Texas didn't think we were a valuable part of the package, they'd be treating us like, oh, A&M.

bluedogok
6/11/2010, 11:28 PM
I don't trust Dodds, what I do trust about him is he is looking for the best deal for UT, so more than likely if OU goes in a package deal with them more than likely it will be mutually beneficial to all parties.

It depends on level of trust, I have developers that I trust enough to work with but I don't trust them completely. I have other developers that I wouldn't trust with a dollar let alone my business.

Funky G
6/11/2010, 11:59 PM
Don't ever trust anyone from UT. They are natural liars.

Soonermagik
6/13/2010, 10:10 AM
Trust me, they want to take OU with them. Can you imagine the fall-out on the UT campus if they let OU slip away to another conference? Both schools make too much money on the rivalry.

PLaw
6/13/2010, 10:44 AM
Trust me, they want to take OU with them. Can you imagine the fall-out on the UT campus if they let OU slip away to another conference? Both schools make too much money on the rivalry.

Until the formation of the Big XII, both schools did very well without being in the same conference.

Boomer

badger
6/13/2010, 11:14 AM

Agree. Joe C has had pretty good coaching hires (the Wichita State guy for baseball might not have been good in retrospect) and our facilities and fanbases continue to expand and improve.

Boren is a politician at heart. He'll get what he wants and he won't make the decision alone.

GottaHavePride
6/13/2010, 03:43 PM
Until the formation of the Big XII, both schools did very well without being in the same conference.

Boomer

And I would wager that after the formation of the Big XII we did better.