PDA

View Full Version : Boise to the Mountain West

BoulderSooner79
6/11/2010, 04:44 PM
A new thread if someone didn't beat me to it. I don't think Boise will own the MWC the way they did the WAC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276064

soonerboy_odanorth
6/11/2010, 05:35 PM
Bigger news than some think. I think you'll see them add two more teams and become a pretty decent conference. As it stands right now to speak of they have Boise, BYU, Utah, TCU as highly competitive programs. Air Force gives them a little nudge, too. I think they now go after Hawaii and Fresno State from the WAC.

That's not a pushover conference if it happens. If they produce an undefeated conference champ that's probably a team that could compete with anybody. The old argument of whether or not they could survive game in and game out with one of the more tradition-laden conferences doesn't hold water in a one-off bowl situation. And frankly might not in a 4 or 8 team playoff.

TMcGee86
6/11/2010, 05:38 PM
An even better scenario would land them KU, KSU, Missou, Baylor and ISU.

Add one more, say Tulsa or Houston, and you have a damn good conference.

Definitely would lay claim to the "Best of the Rest" if in fact 4 Superconferences reign.

pac10SUX
6/11/2010, 05:39 PM
The outta pick up 2 strongest of the remaining Big12 teams to make their conference even stronger and with 12 teams they can have a conference championship game.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/11/2010, 05:45 PM
The outta pick up 2 strongest of the remaining Big12 teams to make their conference even stronger and with 12 teams they can have a conference championship game.

I hear you there. Except I'm not sure all the current Mountain West teams have the necessary athletic budgets that kind of travel would entail for all of their programs. Also, the Big XII leftovers I believe compete in a greater number of men's and women's scholarship sports. (take women's bb and softball, for instance.) But I don't know that for a fact...