PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Nostalgic

mehip
6/11/2010, 04:07 PM
Sigh.... I really miss the Big 8.

Anybody remember Switzer's 1984 pre-game speech in Boulder after the Buffs had beaten NU and were hyped to take us down. I don't remember all of it but I'll never forget Barry telling the kids "There are only two teams that matter in this conference...OKLAHOMA and NEBRASKA!"

Miss those days.

oudavid1
6/11/2010, 04:16 PM

Anybody remember Switzer's 1984 pre-game speech in Boulder after the Buffs had beaten NU and were hyped to take us down. I don't remember all of it but I'll never forget Barry telling the kids "There are only two teams that matter in this conference...OKLAHOMA and NEBRASKA!"

Miss those days.

I feel the same about the big 12

Soonersince57
6/11/2010, 04:50 PM

Miss those days.

Me too. Texas huge rivalry game, but win or lose, we could still run the table, beat Nebraska and go to the Orange Bowl.

SoonerMom2
6/11/2010, 05:04 PM
ESPN News - Big Ten Conference approved Nebraska's application to join the league, effective July 2011

MyT Oklahoma
6/11/2010, 07:25 PM
Me feeling nostalgic? Hell no. I say F U Nebraska.

You'll get yours in the Big 10. You'll never be treated as an insider and if you think that the pickens will be easier good luck with that type of wishful thinking.

As for your recruiting pipeline in Texas kiss it goodbye. You just made a really huge mistake.

So you didn't like Texas? So what, who does? Texas will always be Texas (i.e., ego central) but you get around it by beating them on a regular basis. Getting mad and then letting your pride get the better of you was not the answer.

huskermark07
6/11/2010, 07:40 PM
I will miss OU, I wish you all the best of luck, and will always pull for your team!!!! I hope and pray that the last Big12 game will be a NU vs OU for the all the marbles in the Big12

olevetonahill
6/11/2010, 07:51 PM
I will miss OU, I wish you all the best of luck, and will always pull for your team!!!! I hope and pray that the last Big12 game will be a NU vs OU for the all the marbles in the Big12

Spek Corn holer

Its a dayum shame that such a Great rivalry has to pass .
I fell in love with OU Football in the early 70s and the OU/ Neb game was the Finally of the Big 8 season then we went on to the OB

Yall have fun while we go Kick some others asses ;)

bluedogok
6/11/2010, 09:40 PM
I feel the same about the big 12
I don't.....the formation of the Big 12 was that moment for me.

As far as I am concerned I don't care where we end up anymore or if we do or don't play UT again. It's going to be a brand new world and I would almost would prefer a fresh start. It doesn't look like that is going to happen but I would almost prefer it.