PDA

View Full Version : OU to the PAC 10

ndpruitt03
6/11/2010, 03:45 PM
http://newsok.com/source-ou-headed-to-pac-10/article/3467852?custom_click=breaking_news

University of Oklahoma sources confirmed Friday that the school is headed to the Pac-10 but will wait for Texas to make its intentions known. Oklahoma State sources also have also indicated they'll follow Texas.

SoonerMom2
6/11/2010, 03:55 PM
ESPN: A source within the Big 12 told ESPN's Joe Schad on Friday that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are poised to announce they intend to join the Pac-10 as early as Tuesday, with Texas A&M still not firmly on board.

There are members of the Texas A&M board of regents who are more interested in pursuing the SEC than the Pac-10, the source said.

PDXsooner
6/11/2010, 03:58 PM
As much as I've enjoyed all this endless speculation...I'm kind of burned out on it. I think I'll sit back and wait for the official announcements and then decide how I feel.

Does anyone else feel like there's been like 10 years of shuffling and rumored shuffling occurring in, like, 3 days?

NCSooner18
6/11/2010, 03:59 PM
I'm with you PDX. Just let me know when it's all over.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/11/2010, 04:00 PM
As much as I've enjoyed all this endless speculation...I'm kind of burned out on it. I think I'll sit back and wait for the official announcements and then decide how I feel.

Does anyone else feel like there's been like 10 years of shuffling and rumored shuffling occurring in, like, 3 days?

Yes. It's actually exhausting.

ndpruitt03
6/11/2010, 04:03 PM
I'm not really exausted because I've seen nothing to say we were going to the SEC except some fans. We were always going where Texas was going like that or not and Texas wasn't going to the SEC.

westcoast_sooner
6/11/2010, 04:30 PM
I did read some posts on the Kentucky Basketball board (my wife went to school there...) that they would welcome OU - though some feared that they would NEVER WIN IN FOOTBALL AGAIN.

At the moment, I'm pretty happy with the situation of going to the PAC.

reevie
6/11/2010, 05:01 PM
I did read some posts on the Kentucky Basketball board (my wife went to school there...) that they would welcome OU - though some feared that they would NEVER WIN IN FOOTBALL AGAIN.

At the moment, I'm pretty happy with the situation of going to the PAC.

As if Kentucky ever really won anything in football....

GottaHavePride
6/11/2010, 10:29 PM
As if Kentucky ever really won anything in football....

They hate the ever-living crap out of Louisville. That's all I know.

lexsooner
6/11/2010, 11:05 PM
They hate the ever-living crap out of Louisville. That's all I know.

Having lived here since 1994, I can safely say they hate Tennessee more than any other program, at least in football. In hoops, they hate Duke more than the devil himself.

OU would be better off in the PAC. The academic standards are higher, and the fans are more laid back and do not worship their teams like Jesus Himself and win at all costs like in the SEC. We would be one of the big dogs in the PAC and I think we would be welcomed. However, in the SEC, we would be greeted with hatred and bottles of Ale81 thrown at our fans. I think overall, the university would be better off being with the likes of Stanford, Cal, and Washington, rather than Ole Miss, Miss. St. and Kentucky. It's like having the choice of living in a neighborhood of college professors and professionals, vs. living in a trailer park full of shirtless yahoos who are featured in COPS.

cheezyq
6/11/2010, 11:10 PM
ESPN: A source within the Big 12 told ESPN's Joe Schad on Friday that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are poised to announce they intend to join the Pac-10 as early as Tuesday, with Texas A&M still not firmly on board.

There are members of the Texas A&M board of regents who are more interested in pursuing the SEC than the Pac-10, the source said.

According to what I've heard, KU is desperately hoping that TAMU goes to the SEC, so it can bid to join the Pac-16.

SoonerMom2
6/11/2010, 11:16 PM
I am hoping Kansas gets the bid as well and then none of us have to pay the Big 12 millions of dollars to leave as we will have the nine votes. Could save us all a lot of money.

delhalew
6/12/2010, 02:36 AM
Having lived here since 1994, I can safely say they hate Tennessee more than any other program, at least in football. In hoops, they hate Duke more than the devil himself.

OU would be better off in the PAC. The academic standards are higher, and the fans are more laid back and do not worship their teams like Jesus Himself and win at all costs like in the SEC. We would be one of the big dogs in the PAC and I think we would be welcomed. However, in the SEC, we would be greeted with hatred and bottles of Ale81 thrown at our fans. I think overall, the university would be better off being with the likes of Stanford, Cal, and Washington, rather than Ole Miss, Miss. St. and Kentucky. It's like having the choice of living in a neighborhood of college professors and professionals, vs. living in a trailer park full of shirtless yahoos who are featured in COPS.

I'll take the trailer park. There are fewer limp-wristed, self righteous, fake-assed,touchy feely, naive, mommas boys in the trailer park.

SactoSooner
6/12/2010, 04:51 AM
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easeplease bring OU football to the West Coast!!! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easeplease!!!!!

soonercastor
6/12/2010, 04:56 AM
Isn't KU's main problem KSU? I think they have to drag KSU wherever they are going.

swardboy
6/12/2010, 07:29 AM
I'll take the trailer park. There are fewer limp-wristed, self righteous, fake-assed,touchy feely, naive, mommas boys in the trailer park.

Really...sounds like a good fit for us <Callahan>f'in hillbillies <Callahan>.

ndpruitt03
6/12/2010, 08:35 AM
Isn't KU's main problem KSU? I think they have to drag KSU wherever they are going.

No KU's main problem is they are more of a one trick pony. Yes they went to a BCS bowl a couple years back but basically KU football doesn't matter. They aren't really good at any other sport outside of Basketball either.