PDA

View Full Version : Swan Song

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 03:16 PM
I'm hoping we roll the North this year and especially deliver a serious beatdown to ut when they come to Lincoln, only to have one last epic battle with an undefeated OU in Jerryworld, for a trip to the MNC. That would be a finish for the ages.

It sucks to no end, that we were separated like we were at the start of the Big12, but hopefully we'll be able to match up in an ooc game down the road.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/11/2010, 03:19 PM
I'm hoping we roll the North this year and especially deliver a serious beatdown to ut when they come to Lincoln, only to have one last epic battle with an undefeated OU in Jerryworld, for a trip to the MNC. That would be a finish for the ages.

It sucks to no end, that we were separated like we were at the start of the Big12, but hopefully we'll be able to match up in an ooc game down the road.

I think it's funny that Nebraska thinks they are bigger than the Big XII. Bigger than OU and Texas.

I hope you have to pay fines for leaving after this season.

But I guess I hope that we get to beat you one more time.

Dio
6/11/2010, 03:20 PM
Word (to JPNSKER)

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 03:22 PM
What are you talking about?

Nu is not bigger than ut or OU or anyone else.

Edit: The fact that NU saw the writing on the wall & did something about it, does not make them better than anyone else. Maybe a smarter decision at this time.

No one will be paying fines when the conference collapses.

swardboy
6/11/2010, 03:25 PM
Have fun on those northern road trips in November....

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 03:28 PM

I'm hoping to meet in the Big 12 Championship game and so, that we mud stomp your *** in a way in which it has never been done before, worse then what we did to A&M a few years back. I hope that it's such an epic *** kicking, that "behind the woodshed" will be replaced by "behind the jerrydome". That for years, the words "Oklahoma" will make huskers fans tremble and flee. The sight of the OU logo will 'cause a husker to immediately pass out and curl into the fetal position.

Not bitter, but if it's going to be one last conferance game, then well sorry, but you're on the wrong side of my loyalty.

homerSimpsonsBrain
6/11/2010, 03:29 PM
I'll be pulling for KU, KSU, or Iowa St in the north for as long as the B12 lasts at this point. Screw CU, MU, and regretfully NU as well.

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 03:30 PM

Yeah, there's definitely going to be some cold games, but we're used to that already. Actually, the lake schools don't get much worse than here and normally are a little warmer. I lived in Cleveland for a while, so I can speak from experience on that.

CaliBornSoonerBred
6/11/2010, 03:31 PM
OU/NU MNC in a few years would be awesome.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/11/2010, 03:33 PM
It hasn't sunk in for a lot of folks around here that we have had a longer conference affiliation (in terms of total number of years) with both Nebraska and Colorado than we have had even with our own in-state LoSuRs.

But the spin that "Dr. Tom" put on it which you have quoted is very inaccurate, and I think you know that. The Big 10 flirtation started first with Missouri, then Texas, but then simultaneously NU decided not to wait around (rightfully) and put out the feelers to the Big 10 -AND- the Pac-10 did the same and put together an expansion proposal.

Also, the whole academic thing that Perleman and Osborne continued to harp on is bunk. With the exception of the one private school, Northwestern, if Texas were to join the Big 10 they would be tied at the top with Michigan, if not slightly in the lead, and everyone knows it. NU right now is probably somewhere in the bottom third of that conference. And as far as "taking academics very seriously", it was NU that got their noses out of joint at Texas's refusal to take partial qualifiers, and it is OU that leads the Big XII in APR. So in a couple of departments academically NU has a long way to go (to live up to Big 10 expectations).

It's not about academics, or a good fit.

It's about money, and who controls it. Period.

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 03:35 PM
I'm hoping to meet in the Big 12 Championship game and so, that we mud stomp your *** in a way in which it has never been done before, worse then what we did to A&M a few years back. I hope that it's such an epic *** kicking, that "behind the woodshed" will be replaced by "behind the jerrydome". That for years, the words "Oklahoma" will make huskers fans tremble and flee. The sight of the OU logo will 'cause a husker to immediately pass out and curl into the fetal position.

Not bitter, but if it's going to be one last conferance game, then well sorry, but you're on the wrong side of my loyalty.

That's cool.:)

IMO, the greatest thing about today is showing ut & mizery how it's done. Mission accomplished. The worst is losing the rest of the Big8 schools that everyone has been a part of, particularly, you guys.

SoonerAtKU
6/11/2010, 03:37 PM

Meh. Isn't Lincoln basically a meat-locker from November to April anyway?

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 03:39 PM
That's cool.:)

IMO, the greatest thing about today is showing ut & mizery how it's done. Mission accomplished. The worst is losing the rest of the Big8 schools that everyone has been a part of, particularly, you guys.

Mean running away and surrending the Conference, just like Dr. Tom pledged you wouldn't do? In that case, yeah, you sure showed them.

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 03:43 PM
It hasn't sunk in for a lot of folks around here that we have had a longer conference affiliation (in terms of total number of years) with both Nebraska and Colorado than we have had even with our own in-state LoSuRs.

But the spin that "Dr. Tom" put on it which you have quoted is very inaccurate, and I think you know that. The Big 10 flirtation started first with Missouri, then Texas, but then simultaneously NU decided not to wait around (rightfully) and put out the feelers to the Big 10 -AND- the Pac-10 did the same and put together an expansion proposal.

Also, the whole academic thing that Perleman and Osborne continued to harp on is bunk. With the exception of the one private school, Northwestern, if Texas were to join the Big 10 they would be tied at the top with Michigan, if not slightly in the lead, and everyone knows it. NU right now is probably somewhere in the bottom third of that conference. And as far as "taking academics very seriously", it was NU that got their noses out of joint at Texas's refusal to take partial qualifiers, and it is OU that leads the Big XII in APR. So in a couple of departments academically NU has a long way to go (to live up to Big 10 expectations).

It's not about academics, or a good fit.

It's about money, and who controls it. Period.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here.

Even though they won't admit it publicly, I think NU is thumbing their nose at the way ut tries to run everything. I don't think that's anything new. When NU asked for a time commitment from the Big12, they said they needed until 2016. Do they go through this again in 6 years? I think they made a great decision to leave based on not being owned & pushed around by ut. The Big10 does offer stability.

As far as academics, I don't think anyone is saying we match up with the top tier schools in that conference. Being a part of that only makes it BETTER for NU. The connections and the academic funding are what matters most & NU is a big winner because of that.

I disagree that it's not a good fit, though. I think it will be much, much better, but that's just my opinion.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/11/2010, 03:44 PM
What are you talking about?

Nu is not bigger than ut or OU or anyone else.

Edit: The fact that NU saw the writing on the wall & did something about it, does not make them better than anyone else. Maybe a smarter decision at this time.

No one will be paying fines when the conference collapses.

I see why they did it. But that doesn't mean that they aren't responsible for the death of the Big XII and the death of the OU rivalry.

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 03:47 PM
Mean running away and surrending the Conference, just like Dr. Tom pledged you wouldn't do? In that case, yeah, you sure showed them.

Do you honestly think ut is looking out for you guys? Seriously? Have they brainwashed you into thinking they actually care about you?

Mizzou wanted out, ut wanted out, Colorado wanted (and got) out.... and now it's NU's fault?? That just doesn't compute...

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 03:49 PM
I see why they did it. But that doesn't mean that they aren't responsible for the death of the Big XII and the death of the OU rivalry.

Uh, the Big12 is responsible for the death of our rivalry.

KantoSooner
6/11/2010, 03:52 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed the rivalry (started watching in 1965 at the ripe old age of 4). Sorry to see it go and it definitely willl NOT be replaced by trips to Oregoon or Baton Rouge.
Vaya con Dios, Huskers

meoveryouxinfinity
6/11/2010, 03:56 PM
Uh, the Big12 is responsible for the death of our rivalry.

OU and Texas made it clear that they would make it work with the Big XII if Nebraska stayed. VERY clear.

But don't feel bad for us. It's your brethren ISU, KU, and KSU that you should lament.

Edit: playing 2ce every 4 years is still a rivalry.

Never playing isn't.

BajaOklahoma
6/11/2010, 03:58 PM
I will have to say that I will not miss St. Tom one bit. He was a perfect fit for politics.

soonervegas
6/11/2010, 04:00 PM
All this animosity makes me think the 2010 Big 12 Championship game will be Texas-Nebraska.

I certainly hope not.

stoopified
6/11/2010, 04:04 PM
Buh by Cornland,don't know that trading OU and UT for TOSU,Michigan,Penn State is a great move BUT hey it is a Husker headache not OUrs.

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 04:06 PM
Do you honestly think ut is looking out for you guys? Seriously? Have they brainwashed you into thinking they actually care about you?

Mizzou wanted out, ut wanted out, Colorado wanted (and got) out.... and now it's NU's fault?? That just doesn't compute...

UT isn't looking out for OU, we know that. We sure as **** know NU isn't looking out for anyone but NU. However, UT and OU also understand that the Big 12 is the 2nd best football conferance right now, and frankly even a 1 loss big 12 team has a very strong shot at making the MNC game. Mizzou and CU were replaceable. NU has been down, is improving, however they're the 3rd marque conference football team. They're as important to Big 12 football as OU and UT. To say that CU is leaving or Mizzou is leaving is destroying the conferance rings of bs and and is a crappy excuse. Yes, cu holds a national championship, but are they truly relavent in the football world?

The simple fact is that, OU and UT pledged to the conferance, NU didn't. NU chose to cut their loses, pass the buck, tuck their tail and run.

OH, and CU's been wanting to go to the Pac 10 since the Mid 90's. It isn't some great shock that they went there.

soonerhubs
6/11/2010, 04:37 PM
Honestly, am I the only soonerfan who thinks the Texas 12 (Big12) was a large heaping pile of corrupt ****?

They coddled the shorthorns for years, and they handed them the conference title last season. I say good riddance to a dysfunctional marriage and kudos to Nebraska for making a move the rest of us were to scared to make.

Perhaps unethical officiating won't follow us to the new conference.

soonerbub
6/11/2010, 05:04 PM
What Nebraska failed to realize is the best way to shut the whorns up is to BEAT THEIR ***. I know we have struggled lately but we're 7-7 in 14 years of the dirty dozen. Huskers are 1-8 or close and dr Tom couldn't stomach it just like he couldn't handle Sooner Magic. See ya 'skers good luck you'll need it to finish above .500 in your new home

cahusker
6/11/2010, 05:39 PM
The simple fact is that, OU and UT pledged to the conferance, NU didn't. NU chose to cut their loses, pass the buck, tuck their tail and run.

UT pledged to stick with Bevo TV. That's what blew it. Would OU fans have been happy with OU making a boatload of money while the rest of the Big 12 got peanuts in a TV contract?

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 08:21 PM
What Nebraska failed to realize is the best way to shut the whorns up is to BEAT THEIR ***. I know we have struggled lately but we're 7-7 in 14 years of the dirty dozen. Huskers are 1-8 or close and dr Tom couldn't stomach it just like he couldn't handle Sooner Magic. See ya 'skers good luck you'll need it to finish above .500 in your new home

except NU realized the best way to beat them, was to not play them

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 08:24 PM
UT pledged to stick with Bevo TV. That's what blew it. Would OU fans have been happy with OU making a boatload of money while the rest of the Big 12 got peanuts in a TV contract?

I'm not aware of a Big 12 network coming up for a vote again? How did NU vote for the network the first time?

My understanding is that UT doesn't find it feasable to start their own network at this time, so a big 12 network, with unequal revenue sharing (just like our other contracts, the same sharing that NU and OU both voted to be unequal) might have been possible.

And yes, I know that UT sells their games for rebroadcast to local networks in texas, but theres nothing preventing the other schools from doing the same.

Soonez
6/11/2010, 08:36 PM
Whatever huskers. Enjoy your 8-5 seasons I'm sure you'll be having. I'm getting annoyed with you guys anyway. You can't declare that you're "back". Try winning at least your conference first. You guys are starting to act like OSU. Good riddance.

soonerfan69
6/11/2010, 09:29 PM
Huck the Fuskers

soonerfan69
6/11/2010, 09:58 PM
Nuck the Fuskers

LiveLaughLove
6/11/2010, 09:59 PM
I will have to say that I will not miss St. Tom one bit. He was a perfect fit for politics.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I had the pleasure of going to his and Coach Switzers football camps way back in the day.

Coach Osborne was the QB coach at his camp. I had him as my coach every day I was there. He was extremely nice and very knowledgable. He was tickled to have some Okies at his camp and he talked at great length with me after practices about football and about life.

He was never in a hurry to leave, and was as gracious a person at that level of importance as I have ever met.

I am very sad all of this is happening, but I was very sad when the Big XII came in and our game with NU every year went away too.

I learned to like the Big XII and actually loved the South Division, so I am also excited about what the future holds.

NU did what they had to do. Mizzou and their governor are the culprits to me so far from what has been revealed.

Zbird
6/11/2010, 10:13 PM

You forgot about peeing down their legs, wetting down their frilly panties with the likenesses of the Pellini Bros on the crotch and being overcome with waves of bloody dysentary