PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'm too old school...feel sick about this. NU and CU gone? Hard to swallow.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/11/2010, 02:57 PM
I'd have rather jettisoned the Texas schools and reformed the Big 8 and told the shorthorns, "see you on the fairgrounds."

Mad Dog Madsen
6/11/2010, 02:59 PM
Yes, you sound very old school. Whatever it was that was "hard to swallow" is probably whats making you "feel sick about this." ;)

BigRedTradition
6/11/2010, 05:33 PM
I'd have rather jettisoned the Texas schools and reformed the Big 8 and told the shorthorns, "see you on the fairgrounds."

Guess I'm old school, too. I rather like your idea.

westcoast_sooner
6/11/2010, 05:55 PM
I'll miss Nebraska. That's the rivalry that brought us "The Game of the Century" and an awful lot of Sooner Magic with the King. This hasn't been the same since the formation of the Big 12, though. And I'll miss kicking the **** out of Kansas, Missouri, K-State and ISU and even Baylor. But I'm looking forward to the new as well.

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 08:01 PM
**** Nebraska, they found it easier to bitch and whine

For all their complaining about UT only caring about themselves, they showed that they only cared about themselves and are everybit as selfish and needy as UT.

GimmeRed
6/11/2010, 08:16 PM
**** Nebraska, they found it easier to bitch and whine

For all their complaining about UT only caring about themselves, they showed that they only cared about themselves and are everybit as selfish and needy as UT.

I guess that is one take. I find this interesting.
http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/perlmans_response_to_the_ultimatum.html

Soonerus
6/11/2010, 08:30 PM
disappointed in Nebraska...

GimmeRed
6/11/2010, 08:42 PM
disappointed in Nebraska...

It really seems to me that OU is letting texas make all their decisions for them.
Nebraska is the only team in the Big XII with nuts enough to stand up to the whorns.

Where will they take you in 15 years when this deal with the pac 10 blows up?

Good luck but clearly you folks were not the men I thought you to be either.

Soonerus
6/11/2010, 08:44 PM
No, NU was tired of being punked by OU and UT...they are like babies..

NatureBoy
6/11/2010, 09:11 PM

That's just a silly take.

NU went through the better part of a decade not being able to beat OU. OU owned Nebraska, and Switzer was getting the best of Osborne year after year.

No problem. Osborne and NU got things turned around a bit and made things competitive again.

This has to do with the future of the Big12 looking bleak, and Nebraska finding a new home before it was too late. Go back to April, when the talk about conference expansion began to take off. I can direct you to dozens of articles by journalists claiming that Nebraska better be worried, because if the Big12 were to break up, they'd be left behind in a glorified MWC.

Nebraska decided to take the initiative, and secure their future.

Widescreen
6/11/2010, 09:19 PM
It really seems to me that OU is letting texas make all their decisions for them.
Nebraska is the only team in the Big XII with nuts enough to stand up to the whorns.

Where will they take you in 15 years when this deal with the pac 10 blows up?

Good luck but clearly you folks were not the men I thought you to be either.
And with that, you go from green to red. (Your username is begging for it anyway)

Jason White's Third Knee
6/11/2010, 09:20 PM
I am disappointed that NU is gone, but the dope smoking, pseudo intellectual, pachouli wearing, snowball throwing, laser blinding, poor sports from colorado can suck it all the way to whatever conference they want to hide in.

Soonerus
6/11/2010, 09:23 PM
NU's view of itself did not meet its performance on the field the last 10 years...they could not handle it...

rawlingsHOH
6/11/2010, 10:09 PM

this is true. if NU was winning, this never would have happened

JohnnyMack
6/11/2010, 11:26 PM
The conference wasn't doomed by some imagined feud between Texas and Nebraska. It was doomed by leadership that lacked vision. It's mismanagement of the TV deal is what killed this conference. Period. Nebraska made a smart move in going to a conference that gives it a nice payday before the rest of the conference defected away for greener ($$$$$) pastures. While the PAC-16 is not my idea of a perfect conference, the increase in revenue, the better TV deal that will follow, the increased exposure to a fertile recruiting ground in California and the fact we won't be getting our brains stomped in on SEC road, night games, derailing our national title hopes before October every year makes me think that in about 3 or 4 years this will prove to have been a prudent move for all parties involved.

OUmillenium
6/12/2010, 08:17 AM
1. I also prefer the old Big 8, particulalry the basketball schedule. I also liked the Orange Bowl tie in.

2. I think Nebraska looks like poon in this whole deal. Then I did some considering about how * set up the "no-partial qualifiers" deal when forming the Big 12 and NU hated that. No problem until you realize that * does not live up to the standards it requires of other conference members. Wonderlic Young (Fumbles McScramble) ring a bell? Plus the ridiculous amount of DUI, potsmokers, theft, etc. that seems to be on the yearly crime report from the campus in Austin.

3. If NU won the Big 12 last year, I don't think this stuff would have come to fruition.

TUSooner
6/12/2010, 11:39 AM
I think the PAC 16 will be great, and I hope Nebbish wins the Big Howevermany every year and loses to OU in the Rose Bowl or the MNC (or whatever takes its place). But I do miss the Big 8, on which I was raised. I remember forming the "8" on field on HS Band day, and I remember 1971 when NU, OU, and CU finished 1-2-3 in the AP. Yet, all things must pass!