PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Regents Meeting

OUDizzle
6/11/2010, 02:19 PM
Streaming live right now. http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/p...&DB_OEM_ID=100 (http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&id=0&catid=0&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=100)
(edit: fixed link)

Osborne pitching move to Big 10. Would join the conference athletically in 2011/immediately in regards to academics. Chancellor Perlman spoke first, reported that he took a beating at the Big XII meetings in KC for not confirming allegiance to the conference but rejects idea that Nebraska is at fault of Big XII collapse. Said instability caused by Missouri/Colorado forced their hand.

Chancellor Perlman confirmed the Pac 10 meetings with the southern schools. Said those schools, when given deadline at Big XII meetings, said they would leave only if Nebraska were to do so, not Missouri or Colorado.

Not sure how much of this is "news", but at least it's credible. 2011 date may be of some interest.

TMcGee86
6/11/2010, 02:20 PM
Man, if they are gone in 2011 this year's game vs. Texas is going to be EPIC!

royalfan5
6/11/2010, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tReY4LRruAU

A visual representation of my thoughts on the situation.

westbrooke
6/11/2010, 02:22 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/06/11/nebraska-bigten.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

This is a nice tidbit from the end of the article:

Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany has said he wanted to add only members that would be considered "home runs."

Translation: **** off, Missouri.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/11/2010, 02:25 PM

I might root for :texan:

Prolly not though.

OUDizzle
6/11/2010, 02:26 PM
Regents just voted and passed unanimously.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/11/2010, 02:27 PM
Passes unanimously .

OUDizzle
6/11/2010, 02:29 PM
Chancellor Perlman also made the point that any penalty for leaving the Big XII would not be fair due to the circumstances, still passing the blame to Missouri for conference instability.

Perlman: Came to Big 12 meetings, greeted by rumors of Pac 10 expansion. Confirmed those discussions had taken place.

Perlman: If Nebraska stayed, the southern schools would stay. Given ultimatum to affirm committment at the meetings.

Perlman: If NU stayed, the 6 would stay. Asked what if Mizzou left, if Colorado left, response was that they would stay.

Perlman: What was the nature of commitment to say in Big 12? Public statement, unequivocal from Perlman.

Perlman: Could assign media rights to conference for long-term if wanted a true, binding commitment. Texas was not willing to do that.

Perlman: Beebe said make public commitment for "forseeable future through at least 2016."

Perlman: Obligation to NU was to protect from vulnerability. So reengaged Big 10.

SoonerGrant
6/11/2010, 02:31 PM
Does OU have any kind of live feed of our Regents meetings like this? This is pretty cool.

OUDizzle
6/11/2010, 02:31 PM
Chip Brown now reporting that Big 12 South schools (Texas, Texas Tech, OU and Ok St) have confirmed to Orangebloods that with Nebraska moving to the Big 10 they will go to the Pac-10.

Texas will announce its plans to join the Pac-10 after its regents meet next Tuesday.

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 02:58 PM

You can bet your *** it will be! I'm clear giddy about this!

Bourbon St Sooner
6/11/2010, 03:03 PM
Well, since Osborne is tired of playing third fiddle in the B12, I wonder how he'll feel about playing fourth fiddle in the Big 10/12?

KantoSooner
6/11/2010, 03:06 PM
Within a year or two they will be at worst the No. 2 team in B11-12. Only OSU has the horsies to stay with them.
The Slow 10 has let a monster in their door and will never know what hit them.

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 03:11 PM
Within a year or two they will be at worst the No. 2 team in B11-12. Only OSU has the horsies to stay with them.
The Slow 10 has let a monster in their door and will never know what hit them.

I have always thought of the big ten as a slow plodding group & I hope you're right. I'm looking forward to taking our defense into Michigan most of all, but the rest of the conference as well.

SoonerMom2
6/11/2010, 03:17 PM
More are reporting the 4 Big 12 south schools to the PAC 10 with A&M to SEC and possibly Kansas will replace A&M in the mix!

Nebraska blaming MO is hilarious!

Mac94
6/11/2010, 03:28 PM
I wonder about how well Nebraska will do in the near term. Roughly 20% of the Husker roster is kids from Texas ... that pipeline will now dry up. Only 2 or so kids are from Big-10 states (not counting Nebraksa) ... so it does not seem that Nebraska recruits that area near as much. Looks like Nebraska is going to have to reinvent it's recruiting into areas that are long dominated by their new partners. Just how smoothly will that go?

royalfan5
6/11/2010, 03:32 PM
I wonder about how well Nebraska will do in the near term. Roughly 20% of the Husker roster is kids from Texas ... that pipeline will now dry up. Only 2 or so kids are from Big-10 states (not counting Nebraksa) ... so it does not seem that Nebraska recruits that area near as much. Looks like Nebraska is going to have to reinvent it's recruiting into areas that are long dominated by their new partners. Just how smoothly will that go?

NU has always recruited nationally. I'm sure we will adjust. Especially given Pelini's Big 10 region ties. Plus, we got Texas kids before the Big XII, and I'm sure we will still pull some. Also, we will own Missouri and Kansas like we used since they are hung out to dry.

swardboy
6/11/2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, but that's because you were in the Big 8

SoonerMom2
6/11/2010, 03:40 PM
Osborne now blaming the Big 12 south for the break up of the Big 12 -- give me a break. Maybe Osborne is not a good fit as everyone thinks as Athletic Director with his comments to the Regents where he dissed all of us and found no problem with what NE was doing. After Pelini was a coach here, I don't like him either.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/11/2010, 03:41 PM

They will get steam rolled just like they have for the past few years in the Big 12.

SoonerMom2
Jim Hale saying OU and NE will not play again unless it is a National Championship. NE seems to have burned bridges.

royalfan5
Yeah, but that's because you were in the Big 8

Or was it because we were a National Power. If we can get kids to travel from New Jersey, California, and Florida, I'm sure we can pull some out of Texas.

royalfan5
6/11/2010, 03:42 PM
Osborne now blaming the Big 12 south for the break up of the Big 12 -- give me a break. Maybe Osborne is not a good fit as everyone thinks as Athletic Director with his comments to the Regents where he dissed all of us and found no problem with what NE was doing. After Pelini was a coach here, I don't like him either.

His job is to look out for Nebraska, not your feelings.

SoonerMom2
6/11/2010, 04:01 PM
My feelings? LOL! Personally I could care less about NE but blaming the Big 12 south when MO started it all is hilarious.

Personally NE can go wherever they want but to the Big 10 is hilarious to me since I grew up in Big 10 Ohio State territory.

Take responsibility for your actions don't blame others. You have to ASK the Big 10 that you want to apply so this was done some time ago according to OSU people.

NE only did well against OU when we were down with Blake. Will never forget your annoying fans when we beat NE in 2000! Total jerks to start the game calling OU all kinds of names around us so I could care less about NE and frankly hope TX whips them this year!

westbrooke
6/11/2010, 04:22 PM
Jim Hale saying OU and NE will not play again unless it is a National Championship. NE seems to have burned bridges.

This is unfortunate if true. I will miss these games.

NatureBoy
6/11/2010, 09:00 PM
NU had some words for Mizzou too. You must have missed it.

But yes, there were also comments directed at Texas and the potential 6 Pac10 defectors.

First, UT was asked if they'd be willing to give up their media rights to the Big12. They said no. (But, what about all that loyalty talk UT fans are shoving down our throats?)

According to Perlman, Nebraska asked the 6 potential Pac10 defectors 3 simple questions:

1. If CU leaves, will you be committed to the Big12--They answered yes.
2. If MU leaves, will you be committed to the Big12--They answered yes.
3. If both CU and MU leave, will you be committed to the Big12--They wouldn't say yes.

Nebraska did what was best for Nebraska.

Widescreen
6/11/2010, 09:15 PM
I'm sure we can pull some out of Texas.

I'm sure you can too. There are lots of kids still left after Texas, OU, Tech, aTm, TCU, OSU and LSU have gotten the ones they want. Good luck fighting with Houston and Rice for those guys.

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2010, 09:16 PM
NU has always recruited nationally. I'm sure we will adjust. Especially given Pelini's Big 10 region ties. Plus, we got Texas kids before the Big XII, and I'm sure we will still pull some. Also, we will own Missouri and Kansas like we used since they are hung out to dry.
Pelini has ties to OHIO...well **** fire and save the matches...I guess Tresselmans ties don't mean **** then

****in bugeaters...enjoy Wisconsin and Minnesota in Nov and Dec

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2010, 09:19 PM
NU had some words for Mizzou too. You must have missed it.

But yes, there were also comments directed at Texas and the potential 6 Pac10 defectors.

First, UT was asked if they'd be willing to give up their media rights to the Big12. They said no. (But, what about all that loyalty talk UT fans are shoving down our throats?)

According to Perlman, Nebraska asked the 6 potential Pac10 defectors 3 simple questions:

1. If CU leaves, will you be committed to the Big12--They answered yes.
2. If MU leaves, will you be committed to the Big12--They answered yes.
3. If both CU and MU leave, will you be committed to the Big12--They wouldn't say yes.

Nebraska did what was best for Nebraska.
QUIT Blaming everybody else...you took the bait!!

**** YOU NEBRASKA!!!

NatureBoy
6/11/2010, 09:20 PM
QUIT Blaming everybody else...you took the bait!!

**** YOU NEBRASKA!!!

There's no one to blame. Nebraska doesn't have its head planted firmly up Bevo's backside. Nebraska did what was best for Nebraska.

Soonerus
6/11/2010, 09:20 PM
I don't think bug-eaters are a home-run...

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2010, 09:22 PM
There's no one to blame. Nebraska doesn't have its head planted firmly up Bevo's backside. Nebraska did what was best for Nebraska.
Keep telling yourself that...cuz your head is will soon be up the bucknuts ***!!!

NatureBoy
6/11/2010, 09:23 PM
Keep telling yourself that...cuz your head is will soon be up the bucknuts ***!!!

You almost made sense that time...

royalfan5
6/11/2010, 09:38 PM
Pelini has ties to OHIO...well **** fire and save the matches...I guess Tresselmans ties don't mean **** then

****in bugeaters...enjoy Wisconsin and Minnesota in Nov and Dec

We live in Nebraska, it's really not any different that time of year.

JPNSKER
6/11/2010, 11:01 PM
My feelings? LOL! Personally I could care less about NE but blaming the Big 12 south when MO started it all is hilarious.

Personally NE can go wherever they want but to the Big 10 is hilarious to me since I grew up in Big 10 Ohio State territory.

Take responsibility for your actions don't blame others. You have to ASK the Big 10 that you want to apply so this was done some time ago according to OSU people.

NE only did well against OU when we were down with Blake. Will never forget your annoying fans when we beat NE in 2000! Total jerks to start the game calling OU all kinds of names around us so I could care less about NE and frankly hope TX whips them this year!

And guess what, darling, we could care less what you think as well. And yes, NU did go where they wanted. Thank you.

It's fans like you that give the rest of the good people of OU a bad name. So you sat by some bad fans.... so what? Every team has them. I can honestly say I've never ran into a bad OU fan. We've always had a great time drinking beers & talking about our rivalry together. We've been gracious to each other in victory, as well as defeat. I will never turn an OU fan away when walking by our tailgate, not even you.

ELP Sooner
6/11/2010, 11:27 PM
Congrats to NU and Dr. Tom. Great move to the Big Ten and I am really sorry to see OU/NU part ways. I miss the old days of Thanksgiving/Late November OU/NU games playing for the Oranges. To me it will never get any better than that.

BigRedTradition
6/11/2010, 11:31 PM
Congrats to NU and Dr. Tom. Great move to the Big Ten and I am really sorry to see OU/NU part ways. I miss the old days of Thanksgiving/Late November OU/NU games playing for the Oranges. To me it will never get any better than that.

I am sorry, too. I have missed the rivalry since the inception of the big 12, actually.

Sorry this is the direction of college football. I feel so old at 38. Geez...

Best of luck, Sooners!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/12/2010, 02:19 AM
More are reporting the 4 Big 12 south schools to the PAC 10 with A&M to SEC and possibly Kansas will replace A&M in the mix!

Nebraska blaming MO is hilarious!What an aggy move by A&M, actually PREFERRING to go to the SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC!

6/12/2010, 02:24 AM

NE only did well against OU when we were down with Blake. Will never forget your annoying fans when we beat NE in 2000! Total jerks to start the game calling OU all kinds of names around us so I could care less about NE and frankly hope TX whips them this year!Dittos to everything you said...except(Duh) for the last part of the last sentence.

6/12/2010, 02:28 AM
****in bugeaters...enjoy Wisconsin and Minnesota in Nov and DecGood move, bugs. You GO!haha. Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania are nice then, too.

Sooner in Tampa
6/12/2010, 09:16 AM
We live in Nebraska, it's really not any different that time of year.
Dude...I have lived in Nebraska as well...the weather in Minn and Wisc can be WAY worse than lincoln...but hey...whatever helps you sleep at night

We will see which conference prospers more...the piece of **** rust belt one...or the Pac whatever...or even the SEC

Good riddance

OUthunder
6/12/2010, 09:41 AM

Man, I never thought I'd live to say this but I hope that UT hangs half a hundred on NU and holds them scoreless. Serves the traitors right for f'in up the conference.

On that day it will be "Hook Em"

TMcGee86
6/12/2010, 09:49 AM
meh, I don't blame NU. I hate it that we lose them as it feels like part of my childhood died, but I'm to the point now that I'm just happy seeing people standing up to Texas.

Plus they are a perfect fit for that conference not only geographically but play-wise. They never fit in in the new big12 so I say good luck to them.

I hope they run through the Big10 and we meet up in the BCS.

Nothing would make me happier than to see an OU/NU Rose Bowl.

6/12/2010, 10:31 AM
An OU-NU Rose Bowl would carck me up.You think the elitist Rose-Bowlers were upset when we played WSU! This game would have them screaming, for sure.

BigRedTradition
6/12/2010, 04:33 PM
Man, I never thought I'd live to say this but I hope that UT hangs half a hundred on NU and holds them scoreless. Serves the traitors right for f'in up the conference.

Wow.

royalfan5
6/13/2010, 08:23 AM
Dude...I have lived in Nebraska as well...the weather in Minn and Wisc can be WAY worse than lincoln...but hey...whatever helps you sleep at night

We will see which conference prospers more...the piece of **** rust belt one...or the Pac whatever...or even the SEC

Good riddance

Of course, the conference that my football team plays in has absolutely no bearing on how I sleep at night since it doesn't actually affect my day to day life in the least.

huskerland
6/13/2010, 12:19 PM
I wonder about how well Nebraska will do in the near term. Roughly 20% of the Husker roster is kids from Texas ... that pipeline will now dry up. Only 2 or so kids are from Big-10 states (not counting Nebraksa) ... so it does not seem that Nebraska recruits that area near as much. Looks like Nebraska is going to have to reinvent it's recruiting into areas that are long dominated by their new partners. Just how smoothly will that go? I believe the huskers have already addressed that publically: to continue recruiting Texas and expanding into Big ten territory. there will always be a few Texas kids that just would like to get out of state. Over all I think you have a good point though. It could be tougher!

badger
6/13/2010, 01:13 PM
I believe the huskers have already addressed that publically: to continue recruiting Texas and expanding into Big ten territory. there will always be a few Texas kids that just would like to get out of state. Over all I think you have a good point though. It could be tougher!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2v93uwg.jpg
:D not that being nice is a bad thing... I just worry about you guys sometimes

SoonerMom2
6/13/2010, 01:28 PM

I second that!

Disgusted with the comments out of Osborne and Nebraska officials blaming everyone but them when all the schools said they would stay if Nebraska stayed. Nebraska had been courting the Big 10 for a long time so they left trashing the Big 12 and the members schools on the way out. Now Nebraska wants out after 2011 -- don't want to make another trip to Austin.

Not respect left for Osborne or Nebraska after that performance.