PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 realignment?

Sooner-N-KS
6/11/2010, 08:55 AM
We hear Joe C is trying to save the Big 12.

What if they gave Missouri the boot and brought in Boise, Utah and BYU to the north? It hurts to lose Nebraska, but wouldn't that increase competition in the north and justify a bigger tv contract?

S008NER
6/11/2010, 09:05 AM
http://biopsy.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/sinking-ship.jpg

East Coast Bias
6/11/2010, 09:32 AM
I believe there is hope for a stronger Big-12 if someone pursues this. Why not move OU to the North Division and put TCU in the South? If another North team leaves (Nebraska) , bring in Boise or BYU? That would leave the conference in a stronger position. All these death knells for the Big-12 and the knee-jerk reactions are unneccessary if effort is put into saving the conerence.It still comes down to how Texas and OU proceed and who goes after more $$.

olevetonahill
6/11/2010, 09:38 AM
I believe there is hope for a stronger Big-12 if someone pursues this. Why not move OU to the North Division and put TCU in the South? If another North team leaves (Nebraska) , bring in Boise or BYU? That would leave the conference in a stronger position. All these death knells for the Big-12 and the knee-jerk reactions are unneccessary if effort is put into saving the conerence.It still comes down to how Texas and OU proceed and who goes after more $$.

If We moved to the North then we would be playn :texan:s twice most of the time :eek:

Tigeman
6/11/2010, 09:40 AM
Why would you move OU to the North? Poke is a smarter move! You don't bring in TCU to replace Nebbish or CO... your forgetting the television markets. TCU does nothing that we don't already have. Boise has one sport .... Football.... and no TV market. That's why they won't work.... plus their academics are horrible.

Quit thinking about the level of competition, and think about the money the school brings in. Yes BYU and Utah could help some, BUT still not as large of a market as Denver.

Position Limit
6/11/2010, 09:40 AM
how exiciting would it be to play bosie and tcu every year? yeah, that's the ticket. bet the fans would love that. tv ratings would sky rocket with match ups like that. BYU? tell me you're not serious. the big 12 is finished and it's about time. there are definately 2 maybe 4 teams that have made this confrence since it began. the rest were dead weight. and with the exception of ou and texas the last 10 years, the confrence has kind of been a national joke.

OUmillenium
6/11/2010, 09:46 AM
Denver...

So repace the muffs with Colorado St, maybe they will field a baseball team

SoonerMom2
6/11/2010, 09:55 AM
Denver...

So repace the muffs with Colorado St, maybe they will field a baseball team

Rumors out of Austin have the replacements being AF Academy and Utah. Truthfully speaking we would still have the Denver and Colorado Springs area plus both schools have nationwide following. Denver is a pro-sports town and could care less about Colorado or Colorado State.

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 10:06 AM
I say bring in AFA, UTA, BYU (to the North), maybe TCU to the South

go to the Big 14 (named already owned by Big 12)

That effectively keeps Denver, adds SLC (Utah).

Sooner Among The Pack
6/11/2010, 11:24 AM
http://biopsy.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/sinking-ship.jpg

EXACTLY. 1000% my thoughts. If two longtime traditional powers think it's time to move on, so should we.

swardboy
6/11/2010, 11:27 AM
Maybe we could call it the Heartland Conference....er,

diegosooner
6/11/2010, 11:33 AM
No. It's over.

BIG_IKE
6/11/2010, 12:12 PM
Cut a deal with SEC....tell them to stay east of the Missississippi River...we can take the West. Let them Add Virginia Tech and North Carolina. Let us have LSU and Arkansas

[ http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/topoguru/SECBgi12.jpg
BIG 12 NORTH
Kansas
Oklahoma State
Kansas State

BIG 12 SOUTH
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
Baylor