PDA

View Full Version : Tuberville is a doosh

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2010, 05:56 AM
I know...big surprise, but this is just STUPID (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5273313)

Now that the NCAA has ruled that the Trojans will have to vacate their 55-19 victory over Oklahoma in the 2005 Orange Bowl because star running back Reggie Bush was ineligible, Tuberville says the Tigers should be named national champions.

"We never complained when they went by the process the last time, and they should go by the process this time," said Tuberville, who is now head coach at Texas Tech. "If they were ineligible, I think they should have a revote and let people vote on it and decide who they think was the best team that year. If everybody thinks it was Oklahoma, that's fine. If everybody thinks it was Auburn, that's fine."

MeMyself&Me
6/11/2010, 06:30 AM
We never complained when they went by the process the last time..

That's NOT how I remember it.

Frozen Sooner
6/11/2010, 06:33 AM
Apparently they Rolled Toomer's Corner last night, which is the traditional 'Barn celebration for a big victory. I think they're planning on claiming a national championship for 2004.

sooner n houston
6/11/2010, 06:53 AM
Bill Hancock, the executive director of the BCS, said a committee will meet to consider vacating USC's 2004 championship. While no action would go into effect until USC's appeals are heard by the NCAA, Hancock said there would be no 2004 champion if USC's victory is vacated.

OUinFLA
6/11/2010, 07:14 AM
will they break the crystal ball?

Sooner in Tampa
6/11/2010, 07:16 AM
will they break the crystal ball?
Yeah...they will make a reality t.v. show about it :P

olevetonahill
6/11/2010, 07:16 AM
In these hard economic times they prolly just Recycle it to this years Champ.;)

NOVSooner
6/11/2010, 07:30 AM
something about the state of alabama and their "claims" to national titles....

sooner518
6/11/2010, 07:54 AM
oh man, how I would love to see footage of the BCS strolling into USC and taking the crystal ball away, and then smashing it. that would be gold.

Tuberville is a tool. hes already got his "people's championship" ring, what more does he want ;)

amlah6
6/11/2010, 08:05 AM
Maybe he thinks if they give Auburn the championship they'll give him his old job back and he can get the **** out of Lubbock.

stoopified
6/11/2010, 08:12 AM
Maybe he thinks if they give Auburn the championship they'll give him his old job back and he can get the **** out of Lubbock.:D

stoopified
6/11/2010, 08:40 AM
There is at least one other doosh around here who agrees with Tuberville.Toby Rowland had a sports commentary on this very subject a few minutes ago. He says that Auburn is deserving Blah blah blah.

olevetonahill
6/11/2010, 08:54 AM
The Best case is that there will be no Champ for that year. The 2 teams that Made the grade to play for it , Played . We lost get over it Guys. Aub. Didnt make the cut, so **** em.
And Like the BCS Champ IF The DTAC strips bush of his H then there shouldnt be one awarded for 04 either.

Dayum peeps come on We SOONERS . Usc got slammed harder than we expected . Lets keep our heads up and and stop all this groveling im hearing, about we should get this thing . :mad:

NormanPride
6/11/2010, 09:00 AM
this is baj- tubs got a raw deal when awwwburn ousted him. it's kind of cool that he is still supporting his former employer, both through 'give em a title' and appearing as au's coach in the blind side movie.

that said, programs claim titles on their own all the time. who cares who claims 2004 after sc has to give back the crystal ball?

(and btw, that is their ONLY crystal ball - go ahead and look it up. their other titles were of the non-bcs variety and/or predated the crystal ball issuing era)

lol at sc losing their only crystal ball :D

olevetonahill
6/11/2010, 09:02 AM
this is baj- tubs got a raw deal when awwwburn ousted him. it's kind of cool that he is still supporting his former employer, both through 'give em a title' and appearing as au's coach in the blind side movie.

that said, programs claim titles on their own all the time. who cares who claims 2004 after sc has to give back the crystal ball?

(and btw, that is their ONLY crystal ball - go ahead and look it up. their other titles were of the non-bcs variety and/or predated the crystal ball issuing era)

lol at sc losing their only crystal ball :D

Crystal aint the ONLY Balls they losing :D

OUinFLA
6/11/2010, 09:04 AM
this is baj....

aren't you concerned that this type of gender-switching practice might lead to psychological problems somewhere down the road?

OUmillenium
6/11/2010, 09:41 AM
What olevet said, + we get doosherville in Norman this year to welcome him to the big leagues.

tfoolry
6/11/2010, 09:48 AM
That's something osu would do.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/11/2010, 09:55 AM
I have no problem with Allbarn getting the crystal. It's the Bowl Championship SERIES. That intimates that it is a collection of championship games. If the winner of the top-seeded game is forced to vacate its win and then stripped of it's championship due to NCAA sanctions, the trophy SHOULD go to the next most deserving champion, in my opinion. And that would be Auburn.

Dan Thompson
6/11/2010, 09:58 AM
It would be hilarious if they changed the name and gave it to us for winning the 2010 MNC.

Leroy Lizard
6/11/2010, 11:22 AM
Tuberville is talking about the AP title, not the BCS. Since the AP is just a vote, I can understand his reasoning: The top vote-getter that year was declared ineligible, so they should revote.

OU won't win that one; Auburn will.

Bourbon St Sooner
6/11/2010, 01:06 PM
The irony of Aub getting declared champ, if that happens, is that if they had gone to the OB instead of us (like the entire SEC bitched and complained about) and gotten *** raped by that pro team, then they would have no claim to the title.

SoonerMom2
6/11/2010, 01:11 PM
Tuberville is talking about the AP title, not the BCS. Since the AP is just a vote, I can understand his reasoning: The top vote-getter that year was declared ineligible, so they should revote.

OU won't win that one; Auburn will.

Los Angeles Times | June 11, 2010 | 9:20 a.m.

NCAA sanctions may force USC to vacate its Bowl Championship Series title-game victory over Oklahoma in the 2005 Orange Bowl, but the Trojans will remain national champions in the Associated Press poll.

"The 2004 poll stands," AP sports editor Terry Taylor confirmed today in an e-mail to the Times. "The poll is intended to measure on-field performance. If teams are allowed to play, they're allowed to be ranked and USC certainly played in 2004."

More at: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/06/its-confirmed-associated-press-will-not-strip-usc-of-2004-title-.html

Jdog
6/11/2010, 01:16 PM
and we think we want to be a part of these two conferences?

soonersweetie
6/11/2010, 01:18 PM
What...an...idiot!

oudavid1
6/11/2010, 01:22 PM
In these hard economic times they prolly just Recycle it to this years Champ.;)

who would really no the difference?

Stitch Face
6/11/2010, 01:26 PM
and we think we want to be a part of these two conferences?

No kidding.

GottaHavePride
6/11/2010, 01:31 PM
Tuberville is only doing this because IF they declared Auburn champions for that year, he could sue Auburn to get the $300,000 bonus he was due in his contract if he had won a national championship.

pweitkem
6/11/2010, 01:56 PM
Tommy, you've got enough to worry about you jackass. Both of your starting QBs are going to miss all of the summer and potentially the start of the season. You are breaking in a new offensive strategy when your entire offense was recruited for the run and shoot. And you STILL have that ****ty defense. Worry about Tech you moron!

Scott D
6/11/2010, 02:33 PM
I'm pretty sure it was called multiple times on this board that Tuberville would do exactly that if the NCAA ever ruled against USC.

Leroy Lizard
6/11/2010, 02:56 PM
Tommy, you've got enough to worry about you jackass. Both of your starting QBs are going to miss all of the summer and potentially the start of the season. You are breaking in a new offensive strategy when your entire offense was recruited for the run and shoot. And you STILL have that ****ty defense. Worry about Tech you moron!

If GottaHavePride is right, then I would definitely worry about the AP national championship. It's $300,000 freakin' dollars. Of course, to rich people like us that's chicken feed.

GottaHavePride
6/11/2010, 03:01 PM
I just saw the bonus mentioned in the ESPN article...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5273313

NormanPride
6/11/2010, 04:58 PM
aren't you concerned that this type of gender-switching practice might lead to psychological problems somewhere down the road?

I'm borrowing his compy on vacation and am too lazy to sign him out... this is baj again, btw.

CORNholio
6/11/2010, 05:32 PM
Just give it to Bama you know they will claim anything not nailed down anyway. Screw Auburn they would've gotten smoked by SUC too.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/11/2010, 05:58 PM
Bill Hancock, the executive director of the BCS, said a committee will meet to consider vacating USC's 2004 championship. While no action would go into effect until USC's appeals are heard by the NCAA, Hancock said there would be no 2004 champion if USC's victory is vacated.Considering our "deer in the headlights" performance in one specific game that yr., I would be fine with the Tuberville Tigers/War-Eagle/Plainsmen being awarded the champeenship.

olevetonahill
6/11/2010, 06:06 PM
I'm borrowing his compy on vacation and am too lazy to sign him out... this is baj again, btw.

You are gonna be so Confused about yer sexuality. Hell no wonder peeps here think yer a Guy :D

meoveryouxinfinity
6/11/2010, 06:32 PM
I think USC deserves the AP title more than Auburn does. But that's just me.

I also didn't think we should have to vacate our 2005 wins because of one player.