PDA

View Full Version : Anything new ???

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 09:42 PM
I have not heard anything new in about 48 hours of speculation upon speculation ???

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:44 PM
BP is slowly siphoning off oil from the damaged well.

JLEW1818
6/10/2010, 09:45 PM
well i think Colorado officially commited to the Pac 10 today. so i guess that is new?

did u see Pete's interview? what a liar, i hope he burns

webfoot
6/10/2010, 09:46 PM
There are a bunch of people lined up near the kansas/Oklahoma border.....might be a land run in the morning.

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 09:50 PM
No, everything is pure speculation, nobody has anything solid...

SoonerMom2
6/10/2010, 09:51 PM
Austin paper is reporting that OU/TX are trying to save the Big 12 and that the TX Legislature wants the Big 12 to stay and can veto any move by a State school. Looks like Baylor has some heavy hitters.

Also Joe C said told the Tulsa World that OU/TX needs to stay together and in a new conference we would have just one vote while in the Big 12 we have a lot of votes we can count on.

AF Academy and Utah reported as possible replacements for CO and NE -- both schools have been better in recent years plus Utah brings Salt Lake City and AF Academy brings Colorado Springs and a lot of Denver plus the whole country where you find an AF family. I was in Denver last weekend and at the Academy on Tuesday -- would be a great fit in a conference like the Big 12 from Red State America and same with Utah.

Love to be able to play the Academy more than once in a while.

Sooner Among The Pack
6/10/2010, 10:06 PM
Austin paper is reporting that OU/TX are trying to save the Big 12 and that the TX Legislature wants the Big 12 to stay and can veto any move by a State school. Looks like Baylor has some heavy hitters.

Also Joe C said told the Tulsa World that OU/TX needs to stay together and in a new conference we would have just one vote while in the Big 12 we have a lot of votes we can count on.

AF Academy and Utah reported as possible replacements for CO and NE -- both schools have been better in recent years plus Utah brings Salt Lake City and AF Academy brings Colorado Springs and a lot of Denver plus the whole country where you find an AF family. I was in Denver last weekend and at the Academy on Tuesday -- would be a great fit in a conference like the Big 12 from Red State America and same with Utah.

Love to be able to play the Academy more than once in a while.

I dislike this. Utah isn't bad, but IMHO, a downgrade from Colorado and Nebraska. Air Force? No thanks.

If getting a competitive TV deal for the conference wasn't out there before, how will that change with a weaker North?

If Nebraska leaves, fold the conference.

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 10:07 PM
F" nebraska...

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:09 PM
If Nebraska leaves, fold the conference.

this. the possible substitution universities that keep popping up would do the big 12 no good.

Stitch Face
6/10/2010, 10:12 PM
If getting a competitive TV deal for the conference wasn't out there before, how will that change with a weaker North?

What would a weaker North division even look like? Safeties on every possession?

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:16 PM
Pete Carroll still denies any inappropriate behavior during his tenure as USC head coach, lol.

OUDizzle
6/10/2010, 10:18 PM
Only real "news" of the day, aside from USC.
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/breakingnews/Colorado-joins-PAC-10-Conference.html

TEXAS, TEXAS A&M CAN'T FIND COMMON GROUND

Texas and Texas A&M officials met Thursday in Austin to discuss whether to bolt to the Pac-10.

However, the meeting ended with the teams in limbo.

According to a source, Texas President Bill Powers wants to go to the Pac-10, but Longhorns coach Mack Brown wants to stay in the Big 12. Texas A&M's first choice is to stay in the Big 12; its second choice is to go to the Southeastern Conference, the source said.

Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds has said that he wants to keep the Big 12 together.

Then you have a bunch of Aggies calling into Houston radio all day about UT and joining the SEC instead of the PAC-10 to establish their own identity and escape Texas's shadow/their inferiority complex.

SoonerMom2
6/10/2010, 10:28 PM
OU Dizzle -- You read the same reports I am reading plus throw in the TX Legislature and looks like staying in the Big 12 is what they want.

According to Joe C. OU and TX are concerned with having no pull in new conferences like they do in the Big 12 so both are working to keep the Big 12.

ouwasp
6/10/2010, 10:51 PM
Crap... that's all we need is a revamped SWC masquerading as the Big 12.

IBleedCrimson
6/10/2010, 10:59 PM
heres whats new: no one really knows what the holy hell is going on cept the nebbish, buffalhoes, and sheep aggies are outtie.

we may go anywhere, from pac 12 to sec to remade big 12 to domer independant land.

and im goddamned drunk off protestant wiskey

thats the news

tommieharris91
6/10/2010, 11:11 PM
OU just landed in South Africa for the World Cup.

delhalew
6/10/2010, 11:23 PM
Josh's cellphone plan includes unlimited text.
One such text read: "OMG dood.
SEC ROTFLMAO. Boren out!

mehip
6/10/2010, 11:57 PM
AF Academy and Utah reported as possible replacements for CO and NE -- both schools have been better in recent years plus Utah brings Salt Lake City and AF Academy brings Colorado Springs and a lot of Denver plus the whole country where you find an AF family.

Honestly, these two schools combined can't hold Neb's jock over the long haul. Love em or hate em the huskers are a traditional power. And without Neb, the Big 12 North goes from this

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/clown%20car1.jpg

to this

http://www.themagicshop.com.au/images/P/clownshoes2.jpg

oufan1
6/11/2010, 07:39 AM
I have not heard anything new in about 48 hours of speculation upon speculation ???

I received a text saying OU will make an official statement on why we call him AD when his initials are AP... also, the university will be posting a link to a page offering free OU ringtones!

sooner518
6/11/2010, 07:59 AM
if I hear one more person reference the Denver market as being such a valuable commodity for college football.......

no one in Denver gives a rat's *** about CU or AF. I saw three times as many OU flags living in Denver as I did CU. for whatever reason, no one cares there. its a pro sports town and everyone loves the Broncos, and everyone goes skiing on Saturday.

stoopified
6/11/2010, 08:00 AM
Honestly, these two schools combined can't hold Neb's jock over the long haul. Love em or hate em the huskers are a traditional power. And without Neb, the Big 12 North goes from this

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/clown%20car1.jpg

to this

http://www.themagicshop.com.au/images/P/clownshoes2.jpg
What is this picture of oSu doing in this thread?

mehip
6/11/2010, 02:07 PM
What is this picture of oSu doing in this thread?

Just hanging out with their pals from Mizzou and Tech.