PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical SUC situation

Tigeman
6/10/2010, 07:12 PM
So lets say, SUC goes undefeated at least once over the next year or two, or both for that matter. The remaining teams in the nation have 1 or even 2 losses. Up comes the NCG.... that SUC can't play in. What does this do for the AP championship? Does the AP still try and grant SUC the mNC... since they are the only undefeated team and can't play post season? Or can they not be included in any of the rankings?

bri
6/10/2010, 07:14 PM
Since the AP withdrew from the BCS, they can do whatever they want. Also, since the AP withdrew from the BCS, I don't recognize their so-called "national champion".

BoulderSooner79
6/10/2010, 07:26 PM
The OU title in '74 was AP-only since we were on probation and the UPI/coaches were not allowed to rank teams on probation.

sooner ngintunr
6/10/2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for posting the lamest hypothetical thread today.

Tigeman
6/10/2010, 08:02 PM
Kiss a$$ ngintuhenr! It was a real question. "Is SUC even allowed to accept a mNC" is the unstated question here. But perhaps your not quite able to read between the lines! Sorry I haven't spent my time reading through the NCAA sanctions. I actually have a life! :P

oudavid1
6/10/2010, 08:06 PM
They wont go undefeated. Sorry :D

Tigeman
6/10/2010, 08:09 PM
I would have said that... till Oregon started showing their true colors! Of course, when Kiffin came in, that kind of blew any chance of them going undefeated. But Monty's D could get them through that conference. So who knows. That conference is a crap shoot!

meoveryouxinfinity
6/10/2010, 08:47 PM
I think the AP can do whatever they want. The rest of college football, however, can completely disregard their ranking.

sooner ngintunr
6/10/2010, 09:42 PM
Kiss a$$ ngintuhenr! It was a real question. "Is SUC even allowed to accept a mNC" is the unstated question here. But perhaps your not quite able to read between the lines! Sorry I haven't spent my time reading through the NCAA sanctions. I actually have a life! :P

ngintuhenr?? I aint freakin German!!:)

youre saying "hypothetically, if SUC wins the next 24 games in a row, will they be allowed to accept MNC?" Between the lines or not, thats just wrong on so many levels bro.:O

Lets just all hope hell freezes over before that **** happpens.:)

Tigeman
6/10/2010, 09:59 PM
ngintuhenr?? I aint freakin German!!:)

youre saying "hypothetically, if SUC wins the next 24 games in a row, will they be allowed to accept MNC?" Between the lines or not, thats just wrong on so many levels bro.:O

Lets just all hope hell freezes over before that **** happpens.:)

HAHAHAHA.... IDK how the hell that happened. I even copy and pasted that your name. Guess after a few backspaces and deletes, things got all screwed up. LOL.

But even if they won just 12 and were undefeated, as long as nobody else was.... then yes.... it's possible they could be awarded the AP mNC.

sooner ngintunr
6/10/2010, 10:10 PM
But even if they won just 12 and were undefeated, as long as nobody else was.... then yes.... it's possible they could be awarded the AP mNC.

Most likely they would, which would be the SUC. It aint gonna happen though, Kiffen is a ****ing loser.