PDA

View Full Version : What does this week do to recruiting?

westbrooke
6/10/2010, 06:51 PM
I'm sure it's too early to know the full scope of the fallout, but I was wondering if the recruiting insiders had any thoughts on what the events of this week will do to recruiting. Expectations seem to be high for opening up California recruiting in the long term, but does the conference realignment help or hurt us in the near term? Are any of USC's recruits going to walk after the NCAA sanctions? Do we stand to gain?

ouwasp
6/10/2010, 10:47 PM
I sure do not have any insight recruiting-wise. But I do have teenage kids... if my son were a fb stud (he's not) headed to SC or anywhere... and this bomb dropped, I would be pizzed!

It will be interesting to see if the incoming recruits remain incoming...

IronHorseSooner
6/11/2010, 08:11 AM
What was funny is how Kiffin was trying to downplay this piece. You will probably still have the guys who have been lifelong SUC funs who will still go there, no matter what. However, they won't be able to raid other areas like they have been in the past. If/when teams like us and * join their conference, we will have developed pipelines into their recruiting hotbeds (heck, we already have).

Breadburner
6/11/2010, 11:13 AM
Kiffin is such a Putz.....

Soonermagik
6/11/2010, 11:40 AM
It's going to kill SC. Kids want to compete for national titles and play in bowl games. How many times have we seen teams who have a legit shot at a national title for 1-2 years? What happens if those 1-2 years are during the ban?

What happens if a kid makes it out of the ban then gets hurt? That's right, they would never see a bowl game.

As for the Big 12 breakup I don't think it really matters. This will be resolved within the next few weeks to months. Whereas, the SC deal is going to last for years.

boomersooner28
6/11/2010, 11:55 AM
High school kids are worried about what they are doing Friday night, what girls they can hook up with, and whos driving down to the river to fish and drink beer. They don't care what conference we play in....they probably don't know what conference we are in now :P ...it won't affect anything.