PDA

View Full Version : More craziness

Collier11
6/10/2010, 06:30 PM
Now there are reports saying that the Big 12 is considering BYU and Air Force to replace Nebraska and Colorado.

I have heard any announcement on the other 5 Big 12 schools going to the Pac 10 wont happen til next week. Are they really making a last ditch effort to save the conference or is Beebe just throwin sh*t against the wall and hoping it sticks?

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 06:31 PM
sticks.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/10/2010, 06:32 PM
Now there are reports saying that the Big 12 is considering BYU and Air Force to replace Nebraska and Colorado.

I have heard any announcement on the other 5 Big 12 schools going to the Pac 10 wont happen til next week. Are they really making a last ditch effort to save the conference or is Beebe just throwin sh*t against the wall and hoping it sticks?
I don't see how it will make anyone happy except possibly Texas.

The money still won't be there. And obviously tradition means very little when posted up against money.

Collier11
6/10/2010, 06:34 PM
The only hope is if there is some kind of new TV contract. Air Force and BYU will add new markets but how much will it really benefit us in TV talks?

meoveryouxinfinity
6/10/2010, 06:36 PM
The only hope is if there is some kind of new TV contract. Air Force and BYU will add new markets but how much will it really benefit us in TV talks?

I think if Texas stays in the Big XII they will want their own network.

And even if we do get a Big XII network, it wont make up for 8 million (low ball est) X 12 schools...

Collier11
6/10/2010, 06:38 PM
If Texas gets their own deal then there really isnt anything stopping OU from marketing ourselves to any and every TV network out there. We may not get our own network but a fat guaranteed contract perhaps

Widescreen
6/10/2010, 06:46 PM
At this point I DO NOT WANT THE BIG 12 TO STAY TOGETHER. That has fail written all over it.

ndpruitt03
I think the remaining teams are trying to make a new Big 12. It'll basicall be more of a new MWC/CUSA merger but it's trying to salvage the ISU's, Mizzou, Baylor, Kansas State, maybe Kansas that are left. You may see them trying to get MWC/CUSA teams, maybe a Louisville if the Big East is falling apart because of all this moving around.

OU and Texas and OSU are going to the PAC 10.

meoveryouxinfinity
If Texas gets their own deal then there really isnt anything stopping OU from marketing ourselves to any and every TV network out there. We may not get our own network but a fat guaranteed contract perhaps

Yeah but that contract would almost assuredly depend on what our conference/ schedule ends up looking like. Which, if still in the new Big XII, wouldn't be all that attractive.

Octavian
6/10/2010, 06:50 PM
At this point I DO NOT WANT THE BIG 12 TO STAY TOGETHER. That has fail written all over it.

Agreed. A week ago, yes...I was all for it. Partly out of a sentimental sense for the Big 8.

But without Nebraska and Colorado, that's done. Others are moving on and looking out for their own futures and we have to do the same. Staying in some watered down Big 12 isn't in our best interests at this point.