PDA

View Full Version : We might be screwed

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 06:06 PM
Who is to say that we don't get screwed in this whole deal and not end up in any conference? I know, I know: We're OU!!!!, but it COULD happen. Everyone is acting like we've been offered some kind of deal from the PAC, but that is all just speculation and rumor. Unfortunately we might get screwedddd :( :mad:

SoonerinSouthlake
6/10/2010, 06:08 PM
Who is to say that we don't get screwed in this whole deal and not end up in any conference? I know, I know: We're OU!!!!, but it COULD happen. Everyone is acting like we've been offered some kind of deal from the PAC, but that is all just speculation and rumor. Unfortunately we might get screwedddd :( :mad:

true.
but about as likely as Canada invading the U.S. this weekend

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 06:09 PM
true.
but about as likely as Canada invading the U.S. this weekend

WHY?

starclassic tama
6/10/2010, 06:21 PM
we have definitely been offered to join the new pac-10 at the very least...

NatureBoy
6/10/2010, 06:22 PM
Although I'm surprised to see OU stay so quiet during this ordeal (being a major player), I'd be shocked if they get left out.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/10/2010, 06:33 PM
WHY?

Because we a major program with rich tradition......
We control a state ( tv market)....plus add to Dfw tv market
In other words....OU football adds money to the pot..

We are one of the pretty girls at the party....the conferences want us to go home wih them

rawlingsHOH
6/10/2010, 06:37 PM

OU writes their own ticket to whatever conference they want.

ouflak
6/10/2010, 06:41 PM
And I think we wouldn't do so badly as an independent.

soonerboomer93
6/10/2010, 07:03 PM
OU writes their own ticket to whatever conference they want.

Except the Big 10, which I don't think OU wants to be a part of anyway.

OU's responses are much more measured then those coming out of Iowa State, KU

cheezyq
6/10/2010, 07:13 PM

Quit panicking. Castiglione already confirmed an invite from the SEC. A Pac-tenvite is a certainty if OSU accepted an offer, as NOBODY wants OSU over OU.

Soonez
6/10/2010, 07:15 PM
Except the Big 10, which I don't think OU wants to be a part of anyway.

OU's responses are much more measured then those coming out of Iowa State, KU

Exactly. A lot more pressure would be being applied thru the media if we had a chance of being left out in the cold. No way we are left out of a major conference, no chance. It's obvious our best bargaining power is in with the t***s bloc so why lobby for spots, Joe C knows we,ll settle in a good situation eventually. It certainly seems from my biased point of view that we have stayed on the dignified side of things yet again. We're very lucky to have J. C. IMO.

o0Dan0o
6/10/2010, 07:17 PM
The reason OU could join almost any conference it wanted would be TV sets. OU brings every TV in OKC (greater metro, 45th largest TV market), a very large chunk of the Dallas/Fort Worth market (5th largest tv market), a large portion of the Houston market (10th largest tv market), and some portion of the SA market (though less than Houston and Dallas, 37th largest tv market). We bring a huge fan base that's spread through some of the nations biggest TV market, as well as one of the richest school, both in terms of tradition and in athletic department revenue. I think if OU, and OU alone, asked to join the SEC, they'd say yes and pick one or three other schools.
Dan

sooner59
6/10/2010, 07:27 PM
Don't forget we get get all the longhorn tv sets. You know as well as I do they watch just hoping they get to see us lose.

sooner ngintunr
6/10/2010, 07:30 PM
The only way we'll be screwed is if OUr oline doesn't play any better than last year.:pop:

PDXsooner
6/10/2010, 07:38 PM
There are no guarantees...it's a game of Roullette and you better land in a good spot or it could mean an ugly future for several schools...

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 07:44 PM
The sky is falling!!!!!!

Look, OU is a top 5 football program and that's what's driving these shakeups. Schools want those giant teams who bring in ratings and have great tradition.

OU will most likely end up in the PAC-10, but could go to the SEC if things go crazy. Texas has a vested interest not to part ways with OU, because then they have no real rival. Sure they might have A&M, but you have to be good to make the rivalry worth something. This is why most OU fans don't even think about OSU.

SoonerMom2
6/10/2010, 07:45 PM
Have total confidence in Pres Boren to make the best possible move. Guess that rumor of A&M invite from the SEC may be true as well. TX, OU, A&M, and FSU to the SEC -- good of rumor as any.

Anyone who thinks that OU/TX are not communicating to get the best deal needs to think again.

delhalew
6/10/2010, 07:48 PM
And I think we wouldn't do so badly as an independent.

DING DING DING!!!!

SoonerinSouthlake
6/10/2010, 07:50 PM
Have total confidence in Pres Boren to make the best possible move. Guess that rumor of A&M invite from the SEC may be true as well. TX, OU, A&M, and FSU to the SEC -- good of rumor as any.

Anyone who thinks that OU/TX are not communicating to get the best deal needs to think again.

would agree with the Soonermom
they are communicating and going together makes sense And again...wouldnt want anyone other than Boren/Joe C at the helm.

I just think though...Tex holds a big enough stick that while they are better with us...the dont have to have us for a great deal..(we could probably say the same thing)

and more importantly....although we want to go with Texas for many reasons its really stupid ( as someone other than Soonermom said in this thread) to assume that our Boren and Joe C are sitting around waiting for Texas to tell us where we are going.

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 07:55 PM
DING DING DING!!!!

Texas looked into this and decided against it. Chip Brown said if they started their own network they would only get about $4 million. Plus, they would be in the red for several years before it made any money.

Do note that Notre Dame is with the Big East in every sports minus football. Plus, they have a huge donor base. If OU could get $20 million from the Pac-10 or the SEC then there's no way they would go it on their own.

oudavid1
6/10/2010, 08:02 PM
I can guarantee you all, we have been offered, but we want to stay with texas, who will stay with A&M, and osu will stay with us. Tech most likely to be included as well.

prrriiide
6/10/2010, 08:18 PM
Sweet Jeebus, Nancy!

Did you leave your balls in the Orange Bowl next to USC's shattered crystal ball?

WE ARE OU. We are the winningest D-1/FBS/whatever program in the country since WWII. We are a perennial powerhouse that regularly competes for the national championship. We are in the top 15 revenue-earning athletic depts in the country even with the BIGXII's laugher of a TV contract.

So drop the chicken little act and get fired up to see OU beat the HELL out of whomever we play, whenever and wherever we play them, and to dominate in whatever conference we wind up in.

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 08:45 PM
Y'all act like nothin bad could come of this for us b/c we're OU... well I could see that fact actually workin against us...a lot of people don't like us and are jealous...

Maybe we could restart the big 8 and drop baylor & iowa state?

gaylordfan1
6/10/2010, 08:57 PM
Trust me, if OSU made the leap today, it means we have already made that decision also. Not that we would be following them.... just that they know we are going and tried to show out.

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 09:02 PM
Trust me, if OSU made the leap today, it means we have already made that decision also. Not that we would be following them.... just that they know we are going and tried to show out.

So OSU is definitely going b/c frickin' TMZ said so??? pshhh..righhhhhhhht...

RedstickSooner
6/10/2010, 09:03 PM
Being offered a berth in the Pac-10 is the same sort of "speculation" as Nebraska leaving. It's a done deal, nobody involved can or will confirm it publicly, and we just have to wait for it to sort itself out.

Now, here's my question: What happens this year? With Nebbish leaving, does that mean they also ditch all the games on their schedule and write up a new Big-10 schedule? Or will we have some weird period where they've left, and we know they've left, but they have to play out their regular, pre-ordained schedule against members of a conference that probably doesn't exist anymore (if 6 of our teams join the Pac-10).

Kinda confused by that aspect of all this.

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 09:06 PM
schedules stay the same for the next two years..

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:06 PM
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

Peach Fuzz
6/10/2010, 09:08 PM
If Nebraska is going to be fine and dandy... How the hell can we get fugged in this? Aren't we a bigger fan base?

o0Dan0o
6/10/2010, 09:13 PM
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

No no no...

Wait...

Awww, crap...

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 09:15 PM
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

Not funny...

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 09:20 PM
OU has been remarkably silent..

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:22 PM
Not funny...

relax nancy.
we got Joe C and David B on the scene, probably doing whatever they can to make sure we are not left behind, if anything, making sure we're one of the lead dogs.

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 09:29 PM
Y'all act like nothin bad could come of this for us b/c we're OU... well I could see that fact actually workin against us...a lot of people don't like us and are jealous...

Maybe we could restart the big 8 and drop baylor & iowa state?

Cynical much? This isn't an arrogance deal, it's a fact.

If OU weren't such a hot commodity why would the SEC want us? Why would the PAC-10 want us?

I really believe the PAC-10 invite will be taken by all the 5 south teams. Take a chill pill, dude. ;)

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 09:29 PM
Yup, they PROBABLY are...Nancy..

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 09:30 PM
relax nancy.
we got Joe C and David B on the scene, probably doing whatever they can to make sure we are not left behind, if anything, making sure we're one of the lead dogs.

Nancy.. LOL!!!! :D :D :D

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:31 PM
Texas looked into this and decided against it. Chip Brown said if they started their own network they would only get about $4 million. Plus, they would be in the red for several years before it made any money.

do you have a link for that article? or is it something chip brown tweeted...

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 09:33 PM
Chip Brown is a nobody...

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:33 PM
Yup, they PROBABLY are...Nancy..

i just got off the phone with joe castiglione...he was napping, and he didn't believe me when i told him colorado accepted an invitation to the pac-10. he said he should probably make some phone calls and 'catch up on things since that's my job'.

:)

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:35 PM
Chip Brown is a nobody...

he might be a ghey nazi whorn, but he's been pretty spot-on with this conference alignment stuff.

Soonerfan85
6/10/2010, 09:36 PM
Why does Canada want to invade US???

Hey, how bout we join the SEC West? We'd get to beat up LSWho and Less Miles, until they finally come to their senses in Baton Rouge and fire his dumb a**.

JLEW1818
yankee
he really has, and he didn't mention tamu in his last post. makes me think something. my aggie buddy thinks they will join the sec with Vtech.

at this point anything is possible

4 days ago, i thought this crap was all smoke.

i was wrong.

Soonerus
SEC=sucks..

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 09:37 PM
do you have a link for that article? or is it something chip brown tweeted...

He said it on the sports animal yesterday when he was talking to Al & Berry Tramel.

JLEW1818
6/10/2010, 09:39 PM
SEC=sucks..

they have produced the National Champ the last 4 seasons.

and 5 of the last 7...

i don't really know why anybody would want part of that.

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:39 PM
He said it on the sports animal yesterday when he was talking to Al & Berry Tramel.

thanks.

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 09:40 PM
jlew...why do you LOVE the sec?

JLEW1818
6/10/2010, 09:41 PM
jlew...why do you LOVE the sec?

i don't.

but facts are facts.

delhalew
6/10/2010, 09:41 PM

I know...right.

Its almost like we are coming from a position of power and confidence, BECAUSE WE ARE ****ING OKLAHOMA.
Catfish's post belongs on the Missouri board (next time try not to look so desperate).

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:42 PM
yankee
he really has, and he didn't mention tamu in his last post. makes me think something. my aggie buddy thinks they will join the sec with Vtech.

at this point anything is possible

4 days ago, i thought this crap was all smoke.

i was wrong.

you talking about chip brown in your first paragraph? aggy joining the SEC would be the stupidest thing that school has ever done, and they're pretty stupid. not only would they get whipped in football year in and year out, but it would completely ruin the relationship with texas both in and out of the halls of the texas state legislature. not to mention who knows what would happen to that multi-billion dollar fund they share with texas...i would assume that would go down the drain as well. i also thought this was just another rumor initially...

JLEW1818
6/10/2010, 09:43 PM
would that not be great? :D

Jdog
6/10/2010, 09:43 PM
all of this reminds me of the Oil Leak out in the Gulf - - - When is it going to end!!!!!!!!!

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 09:44 PM
Cat stated the obvious...

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 09:45 PM
I know...right.

Its almost like we are coming from a position of power and confidence, BECAUSE WE ARE ****ING OKLAHOMA.
Catfish's post belongs on the Missouri board (next time try not to look so desperate).

I'm not desperate...I'm just sayin' that there is a chance we get left out in the cold and we should be ready for that scenario...

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 09:46 PM

Why show your cards early? I mean, what's the rush? By waiting, it puts OU with the power to accept the PAC-10's offer or take a better deal if it presents itself.

If the PAC-10 offer is good today it will be good next week too.

SoonerMom2
6/10/2010, 09:47 PM
Austin paper reporting that the TX Legislature could kill any deal for a TX school that wants to go on their own when they return in January. It looks like that UT/OU are working to save the Big 12 according to various newspaper accounts as they realize in any realignment both schools would not have the votes of fellow schools in a new conference while the two are pretty much able to get the votes in the Big 12.

AF Academy and Utah being touted as potential new members. BTW, Holder at OSU says they have had no contact from the PAC-10 which is now saying they might stop at 11 and Big 10 is saying they might stop at 12.

Reports are all over the place around the net which is why I went to the Austin paper.

JLEW1818
6/10/2010, 09:47 PM
OU/ut should work together and save the big 12.

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:49 PM

is the big 12 worth saving without colorado and nebraska (assuming they bolt, looks like they got one foot out the door)?

JLEW1818
6/10/2010, 09:51 PM
i hear the argument and Nebraska/Colorado are great tradition and have some legacy, (neb has ton)

but in the last 10 years, would TCU and say Tulsa be that different? i mean some, but not huge...

but yes the big 12 north would suck donkey dong

Soonerus
Yes, it is worth saving...

delhalew
I'm not desperate...I'm just sayin' that there is a chance we get left out in the cold and we should be ready for that scenario...

:D Not saying you look desperate. I'm saying Missouri does. They tipped their hand to soon and could be left without a chair when the music stops, because they are no Oklahoma.

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 09:52 PM

Won't happen. Nebraska and Colorado are gone and so is the Big 12. Plus, this is about more money.

How can OU and UT watch Northwestern make $20 million when they are making half of that? There is a more lucrative deal to be had out west. This is the same reason Nebraska is bailing on the Big 12. I don't blame them, it's a simple business decision.

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 09:53 PM
:D Not saying you look desperate. I'm saying Missouri does. They tipped their hand to soon and could be left without a chair when the music stops, because they are no Oklahoma.

they're no oklahoma b/c THERE'S ONLY ONE OKLAHOMA!

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 09:53 PM
Big 12 can make big money...

webfoot
6/10/2010, 09:54 PM
Why are the AFA and Utah the best options for replacing NU/CU?

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 09:55 PM
CU is irrelevant...

yankee
6/10/2010, 09:56 PM
CU is irrelevant...

not as far as TV sets and $$$ is concerned, they aren't.

SoonerMom2
6/10/2010, 09:57 PM
Won't happen. Nebraska and Colorado are gone and so is the Big 12. Plus, this is about more money.

How can OU and UT watch Northwestern make $20 million when they are making half of that? There is a more lucrative deal to be had out west. This is the same reason Nebraska is bailing on the Big 12. I don't blame them, it's a simple business decision.

I would have agreed with you a couple of hours ago but after reading around the net this evening I am not so sure. Austin paper reporting OU/TX working to save the Big 12 and the TX Legislature can veto any deal when they return in January as they want the Big 12 to stay.

One of the sites I read has the AF Academy and Utah replacing CO and NE.

Joe C. and Dodds from TX are concerned in a new conference that OU and TX will just have one vote and get outvoted over and over again which could be true.

Holder from OSU said they have not been contacted by the PAC 10 and the PAC 10 Commissioner is saying that they might just stop at PAC-11. If that is the case, my guess is that USC vetoed adding TX and OU. Rumors out of Columbus have the Big 10 stopping at 12.

If those rumors are all true, then the Big 12 better get itself in gear to get a much more lucrative TV contract.

Right now throw a dart at what is going to happen. I am sure if I went back to the sites, there would be more rumors. :)

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 09:59 PM
Add TCU and Houston to the Big XII south division, move OU and Okie State to the North division and presto, you have a new Big XII. CU was irrelevant just like Houston would be, TCU takes NU's spot as a power, albeit recently. I love the Big XII and would hate to see her go. Let Missouri fend for themselves.

Then you get an OU-UT rematch almost every year in the Conference title game.

rawlingsHOH
6/10/2010, 10:01 PM

because OU knows they can go wherever they want. let it all play out, then make your move.

Peach Fuzz
6/10/2010, 10:02 PM
Business wise... why is the now big 10 1/2 worth saving?

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:02 PM
Add TCU and Houston to the Big XII south division, move OU and Okie State to the North division and presto, you have a new Big XII.

that would be the suck.

sooner ngintunr
6/10/2010, 10:04 PM
is the big 12 worth saving without colorado and nebraska (assuming they bolt, looks like they got one foot out the door)?

With the right replacements, yes.

Soonerus

How many TV sets watch CU.... very few...welcome to reality...

PDXsooner
Let it go, gents. Life moves forward, not backward. Go west and don't look back.

webfoot
6/10/2010, 10:05 PM
Add TCU and Houston to the Big XII south division, move OU and Okie State to the North division and presto, you have a new Big XII.

I think in this scenario Texas may not leave the city limits of Austin, much less the state, to play a game.

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 10:05 PM
No, save the Big XII and Kansas...

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:06 PM
that would be the suck.

Explain? TCU is a good team on the rise with a very solid coach. They don't have the NU tradition but they are trying to do so. Houston has been a hell of a lot better team than CU, to watch anyway, the past few years, so I see it as a trade off. Losing NU sucks, but not as much as say, ten years ago when they were the gold standard.

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't want to move to the north division ...

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:07 PM
I think in this scenario Texas may not leave the city limits of Austin, much less the state, to play a game.

Lol, I totally agree but OU fans take over the North stadiums just the same. WE travel really well to all of the north stadiums.

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:08 PM

probably not a lot in norman, oklahoma. however, i bet there's a pretty big following in the state of colorado, namely denver. that's kind of a big market.

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 10:09 PM
CU sucks...

It's not definite that Nebraska is leavin' is it?

OUthunder
probably not a lot in norman, oklahoma. however, i bet there's a pretty big following in the state of colorado, namely denver. that's kind of a big market.

When was the last year the CU was relevant? Not arguing, just asking. It seems like a loooooooong time ago.

PDXsooner

Denver's a pro sports town...very little interest in CU. Boulder's half an hour from Denver and they rarely sell out... in addition if you read the Denver sports page it'll have front page news if John Elway farts, and a tiny blurb of Colorado winning a big game...

Soonerus
Denver watches the Broncos....welcome to reality again...CU cannot sellout a football game or bball game...They are a poor conference member...

PDXsooner
6/10/2010, 10:10 PM
When was the last year the CU was relevant? Not arguing, just asking. It seems like a loooooooong time ago.

2001...been a long time

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:11 PM
Denver's a pro sports town...very little interest in CU. Boulder's half an hour from Denver and they rarely sell out... in addition if you read the Denver sports page it'll have front page news if John Elway farts, and a tiny blurb of Colorado winning a big game...

CU only sells the stadium out when NU, UT, or OU come to town. Of course, half of the stadium is of the other teams fans to do so. Just saying.

yankee

hmmm...i bet a good colorado team is probably why the pac-10 would want CU in its conference. not that they're good now...but maybe down the line?

Soonerus
CU has NO following...

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:13 PM
CU has NO following...

Except for that stinky *** buffalo name Ralphie. :D

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:13 PM
CU has NO following...

since you say the big 12 would be worth saving, who would take the spot of CU/Nebbish? not one of the names that have popped up are good.

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 10:14 PM
CU=anybody...NU=more difficult...

OUthunder
since you say the big 12 would be worth saving, who would take the spot of CU/Nebbish? not one of the names that have popped up are good.

How bout Arkansas? I thought TCU was a good team. Better than CU and Missouri for sure.

delhalew
Colorado can't even afford to fire their ****ty coach. That means attendance sucks and the boosters don't care.
I gave up rubbing it in friends faces that live in Colorado when we beat them years ago. The only reaction I ever got was...huh...that program is in a death spiral. Maybe the PAC 10 is the change they need.

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 10:15 PM
CU=Mizzou

sooner ngintunr
6/10/2010, 10:15 PM
but in the last 10 years, would TCU and say Tulsa be that different? i mean some, but not huge...

We lost at home to TCU. We mudstomp TU lately no matter what.

TCU goes to to big time bowls even a BCS bowl.

Tulsa doesn't even come close to TCU, I'd say its a huge difference.

Tulsa is 0-34 or some ****, against BCS auto schools.

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:16 PM
Explain? TCU is a good team on the rise with a very solid coach. They don't have the NU tradition but they are trying to do so. Houston has been a hell of a lot better team than CU, to watch anyway, the past few years, so I see it as a trade off. Losing NU sucks, but not as much as say, ten years ago when they were the gold standard.

i'm speaking from a monetary standpoint. texas, aggy, tceh, and OU all have the d/fw market locked up. bringing TCU and their crappy *** stadium into the big 12 does the conference no good. looks like their baseball team is pretty good, but are they good in any other sports?

same thing with houston. aggy, texas, and some of OU and tceh have it locked up. they have a 30,000 seat stadium and their school nickname is "cougar high". no thanks, don't want them to be in our conference.

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 10:16 PM
maybe we could get boise state?

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:17 PM
How bout Arkansas? I thought TCU was a good team. Better than CU and Missouri for sure.

i don't think arkansas would leave the SEC unless the big 12 gets a brand spanking new tv contract that is at least the value they're getting paid to be in the SEC. they certainly would not take a pay cut to be in the big 12.

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:17 PM
i'm speaking from a monetary standpoint. texas, aggy, tceh, and OU all have the d/fw market locked up. bringing TCU and their crappy *** stadium into the big 12 does the conference no good. looks like their baseball team is pretty good, but are they good in any other sports?

same thing with houston. aggy, texas, and some of OU and tceh have it locked up. they have a 30,000 seat stadium and their school nickname is "cougar high". no thanks, don't want them to be in our conference.

Good points but Iowa State and Missouri definitely aren't the Trump Towers of college football stadiums. TCU would need to upgrade facilities.

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:18 PM
maybe we could get boise state?

while academics really isn't at the forefront of this discussion, isn't that school basically a 4 year juco? and i don't think i've ever heard of any of their other sports being nationally praised...but maybe that's cuz they're in f'n IDAHO. :P

Breadburner
6/10/2010, 10:20 PM
Worst thread start of the year....

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 10:20 PM

jealousy rears its ugly head once again...

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:21 PM
Good points but Iowa State and Missouri definitely aren't the Trump Towers of college football stadiums. TCU would need to upgrade facilities.

i guess the stadium issue really isn't that big of a deal in the scope of things...but trust me, i've seen TCU's and Houston's in person...TCU's sucks and Houston's is just too small. that's what happens when you're nothing more than a big commuter school (houston, that is).

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:21 PM

Wow, I thought it was one of the best. It's been pretty civil, with good points raised by all involved. Best discussion I've seen on here in a loooooong time.

SoonerMom2
6/10/2010, 10:22 PM
Rumor out of Austin is bringing in the AF Academy and Utah. I saw more bumperstrips for the Academy when I was in Denver this past weekend than I did CU plus Colorado Springs is all about the Academy. As for UT, that would bring in Salt Lake City plus both schools have a following around the Country.

Was at the AF Academy on Monday on the way back to Norman and reminded what a fantastic place it would be to play football right at the foothills of the Rockies. Conservative school to replace the liberal CU -- I can see that. A&M might not like have real soldiers at their stadium versus their wanna be corps who doesn't even have to join the military upon graduation.

Soonerus
6/10/2010, 10:22 PM
Great thread, screw bread

Stitch Face
6/10/2010, 10:23 PM
Explain? TCU is a good team on the rise

No thanks. We already have one of those.

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:24 PM
TCU>Air Force

Lets bring Navy in while we're at it, lol.

webfoot
6/10/2010, 10:25 PM
I hear Bob is a good Catholic; have him call the Pope to get Notre Dame.

Leroy Lizard

LOL! Too funny!

SoonerMom2
Rumors are all over the place depending on what site you read!

webfoot

Doors all over the place - don't let one hit you.

OUthunder
6/10/2010, 10:26 PM
Doors all over the place - don't let one hit you.

heh

yankee
6/10/2010, 10:27 PM
Rumors are all over the place depending on what site you read!

and count me in the group that's sick of them all...i'm not believing any of them unless chip brown reports 'em or school/conference officials say 'em.

bluedogok
6/10/2010, 10:33 PM
he might be a ghey nazi whorn, but he's been pretty spot-on with this conference alignment stuff.
That's because his "sources" are the UT Sports Information Office.

Austin paper reporting that the TX Legislature could kill any deal for a TX school that wants to go on their own when they return in January. It looks like that UT/OU are working to save the Big 12 according to various newspaper accounts as they realize in any realignment both schools would not have the votes of fellow schools in a new conference while the two are pretty much able to get the votes in the Big 12.

Reports are all over the place around the net which is why I went to the Austin paper.
That article was for this morning's paper, it is already "old news", the political climate is different this time since the dissolution of the Texas Conference (SWC). In an interview on KXAN tonight Gov. Goodhair basically stated that it is up to the BoR of each school to decide what is best. It would be difficult for the legislature to go back on those decisions made now. They could affect the PUF payout if the A&M decides to break away from UT but the Aggies have more power in the legislature than at the time of the SWC demise. I think there might be a whole lot of hand wringing but not much done...which seems to be standard operating procedure in the Texas Legislature anymore.

It doesn't matter how many actually watch CU, it has to do with how many potential cable subscribers there are, Denver has a bunch of them. The old ratings systems of actual TV sets watching something is out-of-date technology, how many here have Neilsen boxes? Those are the only ones that count for ratings but if you can charge a per subscriber fee then that is where the money is.

webfoot
6/10/2010, 10:38 PM

LOL!

SoonerMom2
6/10/2010, 10:39 PM
We have lived on both coasts, grew up in Ohio, were in TX before coming to Norman and frankly this deal about Nebraska makes me laugh.

Every place we have lived people know about the University of Oklahoma and if you say you are from Norman while traveling, people will say OU. Just don't think that Nebraska is as popular as they think they are and are going to the Big 10 because their nose is out of joint at TX and OU from what you hear. If they don't like arrogance, then they are in for a problem with Ohio State. They will be the new kid on the block and will have less say than in the Big 12. Still think NE got in a snit after the Big 12 Championship.

Nebraska was only able to dominate OU in the 90's when OU was not very good. I think Osborne makes a poor AD and has allowed emotions to take the place of reality. Frankly, I could care less with Nebraska goes but in the Big 10, they will be playing second fiddle to a bunch of schools. They might have a problem with academics with their football players but then Ohio State tutors theirs. The style of Big 10 play will suit Nebraska better -- boring!

Sooner30
6/10/2010, 10:43 PM
We lost at home to TCU. We mudstomp TU lately no matter what.

TCU goes to to big time bowls even a BCS bowl.

Tulsa doesn't even come close to TCU, I'd say its a huge difference.

Tulsa is 0-34 or some ****, against BCS auto schools.

I believe jlew was referring to TCU being compared to Neb. and TU being compared to Col. in which case you completely proved his point.

OULenexaman
6/10/2010, 10:45 PM
We have lived on both coasts, grew up in Ohio, were in TX before coming to Norman and frankly this deal about Nebraska makes me laugh.

Every place we have lived people know about the University of Oklahoma and if you say you are from Norman while traveling, people will say OU. Just don't think that Nebraska is as popular as they think they are and are going to the Big 10 because their nose is out of joint at TX and OU from what you hear. If they don't like arrogance, then they are in for a problem with Ohio State. They will be the new kid on the block and will have less say than in the Big 12. Still think NE got in a snit after the Big 12 Championship.

Nebraska was only able to dominate OU in the 90's when OU was not very good. I think Osborne makes a poor AD and has allowed emotions to take the place of reality. Frankly, I could care less with Nebraska goes but in the Big 10, they will be playing second fiddle to a bunch of schools. They might have a problem with academics with their football players but then Ohio State tutors theirs. The style of Big 10 play will suit Nebraska better -- boring!

MOM...your on a roll..:D ....you must be torked as me about this.:D

VA Sooner
6/10/2010, 10:49 PM
The dominoes have started to fall.

OU to SEC or to the PAC-10? Either way, more revenue and the start of 3 superconferences.

CatfishSooner
6/10/2010, 10:52 PM
heupel says we're goin to the SEC...

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 12:03 AM

Sure they are

Boulder may be a suburb of Denver, but Denver is a big league market. Football in Colorado is about the team that starts with a B and drafted Tim Tebow. The Buffs are barely a pimple on the *** of Bronco fandom in Denver. ****, the Big 12 could invite either AFA or CSU and barely notice a difference. Infact CSU fans are probably more loyal the buffs.

soonerboomer93
6/11/2010, 12:13 AM

Not that I think UH belongs in the Big 12, but they announced they're building a new stadium today (tearing down the old one and rebuilding there), they're also redoing their Basketball complex

yankee
6/11/2010, 12:14 AM
Not that I think UH belongs in the Big 12, but they announced they're building a new stadium today (tearing down the old one and rebuilding there), they're also redoing their Basketball complex

i saw that, but the change in capacity is minimal.

stoopified
6/11/2010, 09:08 AM
DING DING DING!!!!

That would be my choice too.

Dan Thompson
6/11/2010, 09:55 AM
I just saw a piece of FOX, Royal Canadian Mounted Police are massing on our Alaskan boarder in the NWT.