PDA

View Full Version : MaxPac Football: Why not 4 four team divisions?

SoonerShark
6/10/2010, 04:03 PM
In football, you would play three teams in your group of four, plus two from each of the other three groups. That would be nine games plus a need for just three more foes to play in a season. Otherwise you would play a team in another eight team division just twice every eight years. The four division route means you play other conference teams at least two out of four years. The teams with the two best records would play for the conference championship with the top two RPI/BCS ratings being the top two teams in case of a multiple team tie.

SoonerShark
6/10/2010, 04:07 PM
All championship football games would be played in the largest stadium in a state that has no pro football team presence. Hmm...that means either Oregon or Oklahoma would host the conference championship game every year. If they added a minimum seating potential requirement of 70,0000 plus that might clarify things even better. How large are Oregon's and Oregon State's stadiums? The Ducks' stadium holds about 54,000. The Beavers' holds about 46,000. Boone's Farm holds around 60,000.

Dio
6/10/2010, 04:13 PM
I kinda like the quad idea, although Tech won't like being lumped in with CU, AZ, and AZST. The "no pro stadium CCG" will never happen, though.

SoonerShark
6/10/2010, 04:44 PM
I kinda like the quad idea, although Tech won't like being lumped in with CU, AZ, and AZST. The "no pro stadium CCG" will never happen, though.

I knew it would not work, but the other part of the quad-quad plan would make for better scheduling, but with diversity. The only reason I added the no pro stadium but with seating in excess of 70,000 is that it only applies to our stadium.

goingoneight
6/10/2010, 04:46 PM
Answering the question at hand:

"Because money talks more than message board ideas."

IBleedCrimson
6/10/2010, 06:59 PM
i would be down

SoonerShark
6/10/2010, 07:31 PM
Of course, some of the post-season bowl match-ups could be with conference teams of the same perceived level of competence in the Holiday Bowl and the Joe C. Rose Bowl in Norman, OK, and the DeLoss Dodds Orange Bowl in Austin, TX.