PDA

View Full Version : TMZ reports OK ST next to accept Pac 10 Bid

meoveryouxinfinity
6/10/2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/10/oklahoma-state-pacific-10-ncaa-conferences-football-big-12/

Oklahoma State Next to Jump to Pac-10
Originally posted Jun 10th 2010 9:54 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
The Oklahoma State Cowboys are blazing a trail to the Pacific-10 Conference ... according to a source -- and leaving the future of the Big 12 Conference in serious jeopardy.

A source in the OK State athletic department tells TMZ Sports the move is a "done deal." The Pac-10 just made it official that Colorado is also jumping off the Big 12 ship.

We're told it's "just a matter of time" before the OK State announcement is also made. It's been rumored that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M will also join the new super conference. Nebraska, it's widely believed, will go to the Big 10.

As for why this is all going down -- our source says "everyone wants a playoff system ... and this is the first step toward doing it."

OhU1
6/10/2010, 12:58 PM
If OU and Texas changed their minds how fast would the PAC -10's boot connect with OSU's ***? Lol.

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 12:59 PM
Need any more proof we are headed out to the Pac-10? Don't think for a second that OSU would have pulled the trigger without first talking to OU and Texas.

OSU needs the OU rivalry or they have nothing. Well... maybe they have some "rasslin" trophies. ;)

My Opinion Matters
6/10/2010, 01:01 PM
Need any more proof we are headed out to the Pac-10? Don't think for a second that OSU would have pulled the trigger without first talking to OU and Texas.

OSU needs the OU rivalry or they have nothing. Well... maybe they have some "rasslin" trophies. ;)

100% correct.

ndpruitt03
6/10/2010, 01:05 PM
Look at the last sentence.

As for why this is all going down -- our source says "everyone wants a playoff system ... and this is the first step toward doing it."

And this probably confirms everything.

from Jake Trotter's twitter:

From the Oklahoman: OSU booster Boone Pickens: "We're in" -- if Big 12 exodus to Pac-10 happens. “It cost us, but we’re in.”

Leroy Lizard
6/10/2010, 01:11 PM
Once our Pokes decided to jump to the Pac-10, OU and Texas had to follow us. They need us.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/10/2010, 01:15 PM
Once our Pokes decided to jump to the Pac-10, OU and Texas had to follow us. They need us.

THIS is PRECISELY what they think. When the rumors about the Pac 10 offering some Big XII schools invites, my brother in law (huge OSU alum and donor) came up to me...
him: "have you heard the news??!!!"
me: "huh?"
him: "the sports news..."
me: "what? USC got the death penalty today finally?"
him: "umm NOO... The Pac 10 is expanding. They want us."
me: "oh really? Is this for real or innerweb rumors?"
him: "well it's on OrangePower, so it has to be real"
me: "why would the Pac 10 want OSU? No offense..."
him: "well, it's a package deal with OU, UT, TT, A&M, and Colorado"
me: "so the truth comes out..."

SoonerinSouthlake
6/10/2010, 01:19 PM
ARe we really getting sports news from TMZ....granted they nailed the Tiger story but ....I just cant see that doofus leaning on the cubicles with his coffee mug talking about Oklahoma freaking State leaving the Big12

JLEW1818
6/10/2010, 01:21 PM
i never expected anything like this.

ndpruitt03
6/10/2010, 01:23 PM
ARe we really getting sports news from TMZ....granted they nailed the Tiger story but ....I just cant see that doofus leaning on the cubicles with his coffee mug talking about Oklahoma freaking State leaving the Big12

They also nailed the Gallon story.

47straight
6/10/2010, 01:45 PM
TMZ?

RedKings
6/10/2010, 02:08 PM
OSU is expected to be offered next to stop any further nonsense from Baylor. Now that Colorado is gone, OSU is the likely target of Baylor to try to show that they are more worthy to be included in the Pac 10 offer.

Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor had been together now in the same conference since 1915, 96 years.

Baylor is fighting to be included with all its might.

W.T. McCoy
6/10/2010, 02:24 PM
Would someone explain to me why any conference: Pac-10, SEC, WAC, any want OSWho when they could have Kansas. BTW I am in no way a Kansas fan. Does T-Bone really have that much money?

My Opinion Matters
6/10/2010, 02:26 PM
Would someone explain to me why any conference: Pac-10, SEC, WAC, any want OSWho when they could have Kansas. BTW I am in no way a Kansas fan. Does T-Bone really have that much money?

It's simple, because they're not getting OU without OSU coming along for the ride.

tommieharris91
6/10/2010, 02:27 PM

Yes, T-Boone $$$$$$$$$ has that much sway. That and apparently aggy's football stadium is bigger than KU's.

Dio
6/10/2010, 02:28 PM
Getting OU and KU without their respective little brothers would face a lot more opposition in the respective statehouses. And while we dog osu for perpetually being a "Team on the Rise", they aren't as bad at football as KU, and this move is all about the pigskin (well, the money the pigskin rakes in)

SoonerBacker
6/10/2010, 02:59 PM
So, oSu will be playing OU, tu, TT, aTm, AZ, AZ State, & CU every year in conference? Add a SUC, UCLA, or an Oregon, and they are gonna have a difficult time not becoming the Baylor of the new conference.

stoopified
6/10/2010, 03:02 PM
T.Boone State figures they better jump before everyone sobers up and realizes they are worthless.

OKLA21FAN
6/10/2010, 03:04 PM
this might throw a wrench in the wheel
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

Texas Hold 'Em: Longhorns, A&M To Big Ten
Oklahoma Looking To Move To SEC, Needs 1 Other School

POSTED: 2:10 pm CDT June 10, 2010
UPDATED: 2:51 pm CDT June 10, 2010

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.

Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10. Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.

KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.

Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.

tfoolry
6/10/2010, 03:04 PM
I can't wait for the Arizona game.

ndpruitt03
6/10/2010, 03:06 PM
So, oSu will be playing OU, tu, TT, aTm, AZ, AZ State, & CU every year in conference? Add a SUC, UCLA, or an Oregon, and they are gonna have a difficult time not becoming the Baylor of the new conference.

So basically things will stay the same?

HBick
Okay, here's the real question, who the f*** talks to TMZ about sports? That celebrity trash, it makes me wonder if they are trying to reinvent themselves as an actual news source. I surely hope not.

yermom

strangely enough, outside of 2007, OSU probably has a better football program historically than Kansas

Veritas
6/10/2010, 03:09 PM
Quote from Mrs. V:

"OSU is like the fat girl that comes to the party with the hot girls. Nobody gives a **** when the fat girl leaves as long as her hot friends stay behind."

yermom
6/10/2010, 03:11 PM

ok, this is crazy

Soonermagik
6/10/2010, 03:21 PM

This is getting good.

Either way, OU goes into a power conference. Since football is driving the ship the SEC or PAC-10 both want OU.

Champion!
6/10/2010, 03:21 PM
So now OU is "petitioning" the SEC to join and ut and aTm are "petitioning" to join the Big 10? Riiiiiiiight... not a chance . . .

Boomer.....
6/10/2010, 03:25 PM
“The report circulating about an immediate announcement today concerning Oklahoma State University and conference realignment is without merit. There are no announcements planned by Oklahoma State University. We remain committed to the Big 12 Conference. If there are additional defections, we will have to evaluate our options.”

Gary Shutt
Oklahoma State University
Director of Communications

http://www.facebook.com/OSUAthletics

goingoneight
6/10/2010, 04:37 PM
TMZ?

They're like the 2000's National Inquirer... they may report that Michael Jackson was arrested, but they also reported he was abducted by aliens.

Makes you stop and think anywho.

GottaHavePride
6/10/2010, 04:54 PM
TMZ used to be just celebrity gossip crapola, but in the last couple of years they're starting to turn into a legit source. Not as far as any sort of in-depth research, of course, but they seems to specialize in jumping the story before anyone else does.