PDA

View Full Version : Keep BIG12, just change the teams.

Sooner5030
6/10/2010, 04:44 AM
As a long time Sooners fan and a college football fan I cannot get excited about playing in the PAC __ or watching 3 conferences take over. I’d rather play in a lesser conference and keep the regional traditions of the old BIG8 and still play UT (if they bolt for PAC__) in non-conference.

PAC__ - More group-money….allegedly, but also fewer OOC games and more likely fewer home games. Plus a higher travel budget for all sports. Also PST games suck.

New BIG12 - Less group-money….allegedly, keep the BIG8 traditions, stay in CST, OU will still go to the BSC if it wins & easier road in 12 team vs 16 team PAC__.

When UNL leaves…..offer BYU.
When CU leaves….offer AFA.
IF TTU leaves….offer UNM.
If UT leaves….offer TCU.

Whatever conference remains with OU/KU/MU/KSU/OSU and at least 12 teams will keep a BCS bid. Our OOC will keep UT (if they leave) and also one other marquee matchup. 7+2 PAC__ games = shiatty OOC options.

poke4christ
6/10/2010, 07:13 AM
I saw Bobbo on the news this morning. He reference back to when the Big 12 was considering a conference championship game. They asked the coaches if they wanted one and they voted 12-0 against it. Well, you know the rest of the story.

I think this is happening and there's really not a dang thing we can do about it. In this new conference I'd love to see OU and NU play a non-con game every year, but with as difficult as the conference is going to be I think the chances of that are about Nil.