PDA

View Full Version : What the Pac 16 REALLY means...

TexasLidig8r
6/9/2010, 06:12 PM
Road trips to:

Pebble Beach and/or Spyglass (thank you Stanford and Cal - Berzerkely)

Troon North and Grayhawk (thank you Az and Az State)

St. Regis Resort and Tijeras Creek (thank you UCLA and USC)

Newcastle and Belelvue (thank you UDub)

Brandon Dunes and Sandpines (thank you Ducks).

There's gonna be some great golf trips..err...road trips in the works!

sooner59
6/9/2010, 06:15 PM
I will admit the prospect of SUC trotting out onto Owen field to 85,000 booing fans tickles me in the pants a little...

KC//CRIMSON
6/9/2010, 06:19 PM
Road trips to:

Pebble Beach and/or Spyglass (thank you Stanford and Cal - Berzerkely)

Troon North and Grayhawk (thank you Az and Az State)

St. Regis Resort and Tijeras Creek (thank you UCLA and USC)

Newcastle and Belelvue (thank you UDub)

Brandon Dunes and Sandpines (thank you Ducks).

There's gonna be some great golf trips..err...road trips in the works!

You and all your whorn buddies can troll every bear-bar along the western coast too!

sooner59
6/9/2010, 06:21 PM
Heh. Spek.

SoonerMom2
6/9/2010, 06:22 PM
The more I have thought about this, the better I like it! Great road trips and like others cannot wait for SC to come out on Owen Field or the Ducks!

Just think everyone can now be able to see the Stanford tree and their idiot drum major and band not just those of us who went to the Sun Bowl.

cheezyq
6/9/2010, 06:33 PM
The more I have thought about this, the better I like it! Great road trips and like others cannot wait for SC to come out on Owen Field or the Ducks!

Just think everyone can now be able to see the Stanford tree and their idiot drum major and band not just those of us who went to the Sun Bowl.

I'm torn. I like it, but I don't. The biggest thing for me is that I live in KC, which is soon to become Big 10 and probably Mountain West territory. SNOOOOOOZE.

Jdog
6/9/2010, 06:56 PM
I will admit the prospect of SUC trotting out onto Owen field to 85,000 booing fans tickles me in the pants a little...

Been there, saw it (twice) It's ok....

with 16 teams - I would like to know how often we would play em. every three years - home and away?

do we get to keep the officiating crew from the Oregon game.

SEO Sooner
6/9/2010, 07:11 PM
What you mean the officiating crew from the Oregon game are still allowed to do football games. I was sure they were labeled as legally blind.

rainiersooner
6/9/2010, 07:14 PM
Just speaking personally, living in Seattle - I could not be happier. I can't wait to get to watch at least one former Big XII team a year come to my back yard. The idea of a CCG against USC, or Oregon, or Cal - this is just great.

sooner59
6/9/2010, 07:21 PM
PAC 16: USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Washington, Washington St., Oregon, Oregon St., Arizona, Arizona St., Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Ok. State., Colorado

Big 16: Ohio St., Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan St., Purdue, Notre Dame, Missouri, Rutgers, Maryland

SEC: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, S. Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss., Miss. St., Georgia Tech, South Florida, Clemson, North Carolina

ACC/Big East: Boston College, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke, Florida St., Virginia, Virginia Tech, Miami, Cincy, UCONN, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, West Virginia, East Carolina, Memphis

Mountain West/WAC/leftovers: Air Force, BYU, Utah, Colorado St., New Mexico, San Diego St., TCU, UNLV, Wyoming, Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Baylor, Boise St., Fresno St., Nevada

Toss in some smaller conferences to take all other leftovers.

azheat4u
6/9/2010, 07:22 PM
I love it since I'm in AZ. Should get to see them at least once a year either in Tempe or Tucson. Bring on the pac 10 patsies!!

Buckwheat
6/9/2010, 08:11 PM
You probably won't see a home and home with the Condoms, Nike Ducks, etc., except every few years with a rotating schedule between divisions. We have that already in the SEC. It'll mostly be the same Big XII schedule with AZ and ASU thrown in.

SunnySooner
6/9/2010, 08:15 PM
So when we win the Pac 16, and Nebbish wins the Big 16, we'll play each other in the ROSE BOWL!!!! I think that's a sign of the apocalypse. Stock up your canned goods. ;)

Soonermagik
6/9/2010, 08:24 PM
This is they way I'm looking at it too. New places to go visit. I think it would be cool to go catch games in LA.

Oregon will be really cool too.

The desert is always a good time.

Folks, just look on the bright side: better recruits, more money = better facilities. Plus, new cool places to go travel.

BASSooner
6/9/2010, 08:34 PM
PAC 16: USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Washington, Washington St., Oregon, Oregon St., Arizona, Arizona St., Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Ok. State., Colorado

Big 16: Ohio St., Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan St., Purdue, Notre Dame, Missouri, Rutgers, Maryland

SEC: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, S. Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss., Miss. St., Georgia Tech, South Florida, Clemson, North Carolina

ACC/Big East: Boston College, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke, Florida St., Virginia, Virginia Tech, Miami, Cincy, UCONN, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, West Virginia, East Carolina, Memphis

Mountain West/WAC/leftovers: Air Force, BYU, Utah, Colorado St., New Mexico, San Diego St., TCU, UNLV, Wyoming, Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Baylor, Boise St., Fresno St., Nevada

NOT happening. Do you honestly see 2 basketball powerhouses (ok KSU is recently a 1-2 year) going to THAT conference?? I'd put them in the Big 16 and take out rutgers and maryland. They'd be a much better fit there. Although, I highly doubt that will happen

sooner59
6/9/2010, 09:02 PM
No, I don't think that would happen. It was just for sh!ts and giggles. They would likely migrate toward the Big East.

westcoast_sooner
6/9/2010, 09:43 PM
Props to you Lid. Golf trips will rock - oh - wait, I live within an hour of Pebble.

sooner59
6/9/2010, 09:46 PM
Props to you Lid. Golf trips will rock - oh - wait, I live within an hour of Pebble.

You can have a trip to Southern Hills......or OU golf course. :D

pappy
6/9/2010, 09:56 PM

the only way the big 10 gets notre dame is if they don't take anyone else that is one of notre dame's stipulations on accepting the big 10 bid.

webfoot
6/9/2010, 10:00 PM
the only way the big 10 gets notre dame is if they don't take anyone else that is one of notre dame's stipulations on accepting the big 10 bid.

It'll be really funny if Nebraska had this stipulation on their offer as well - specifically naming Missouri.

fadada1
6/9/2010, 10:07 PM
PAC 16:

and just think, a BCS bid will come from this conference.

MeMyself&Me
6/9/2010, 10:24 PM
So when we win the Pac 16, and Nebbish wins the Big 16, we'll play each other in the ROSE BOWL!!!! I think that's a sign of the apocalypse. Stock up your canned goods. ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Actually reminds me of when the Big 12 was formed and I kept complaining to everyone who listened about the loss of the OU Nebbish rivalry. People kept telling me that once OU got back on top that they'd just resume the rivalry in the CCG. Well, that's happened ONCE!

Wishboned
6/9/2010, 10:32 PM
Does this mean we'll be receiving some of that Pac-10 oral gratification that ESPN gives out so graciously?

westcoast_sooner
6/9/2010, 10:42 PM
Seriously, the more I think about this new conference, the better I like the prospects for the Big XII South schools that will be moving.

1. OU's recruiting reach into Nevada, Arizona and California will get stronger. USC will likely get their pick in Cali, just like UT does in Texas, but OU will be able to pick selected guys out of select areas like San Diego, Las Vegas etc.

2. Annual trips for the Sooners to California will make it easier for me to see them.

3. The regional TV for those of us in Cali should get better - a new TV contract, and possibly a TV network should make it much better than the current non-HD Fox Sports Net stuff we get now.

4. As far as conference play is concerned, OU and Texas will likely continue to dominate their new division. The RRR will continue to be the determining factor in who gets to the CCG and a BCS bid.

5. While another team from the new division may rise up once in awhile, OU and Texas will still be the teams to beat.

6. Additional TV revenue will be there.

I just think overall, this is going to be a lot better.

sooner59
6/9/2010, 11:26 PM
That is what some AD's are thinking I bet. ^