PDA

View Full Version : So are we going to have to start scheduling cupcakes?

ouflak
6/9/2010, 10:10 AM
How many miles is Norman from the Pacific Ocean anyway?

texaspokieokie
6/9/2010, 10:17 AM
about 1400.

rawlingsHOH
6/9/2010, 10:23 AM
how many years will be treated like outsiders with the Pac10 conference? i have a hunch we should expect some horrendous officiating.

Dio
6/9/2010, 10:46 AM
i have a hunch we should expect some horrendous officiating.

So in other words: normal

KantoSooner
6/9/2010, 10:46 AM
Yes, we'll have to put up with that. On the other hand, from the P10 fans I have talked with over the years, OU and Texas will be viewed as men playing against beach boys. That sort of thing is not bad for recruiting.
And recruiting is ultimately what it's all about. We need money to keep up facilities and hire top coaches. We need teevee and conference affiliations to offer players exposure and the opportunity to play in front of audiences they care about.
If we can tap into Cal and Texas in addition to our own recruiting pool and those to which Stoops and staff have personal entre, we'll be fine. If we get frozen out, we will be, in the long term, screwed.

soonerboomer93
6/9/2010, 10:56 AM
I'm pretty sure we already recruit Cal, and pull some pretty decent players out of there.

ouflak
6/9/2010, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure we get some guys out of Texas as well.

KantoSooner
6/9/2010, 11:53 AM
Yes, we do. However, if we were part of a Pac16 or something of that nature, our recruiting in Cal would only improve.
And, if we were not in the same conference or at least playing a lot of Texas schools each year, our recruiting down there would become harder.
That was, in essence, my point.

ouduckhunter
6/9/2010, 01:09 PM
I will hate it if some of the Big XII teams join the Pac 10 because I hate most of the Pac 10 teams so much! However, the upside is that we will get to see OU play on the west coast and hopefully get to go to some of those games.

We bought season tickets to the Oregon State games for this fall, and they were so cheap that we could probably buy them for Washington games too and then go cheer for the former Big XII teams. Nose bleed tickets for Oregon State games were $150.00 each, so we figured that was a deal that we couldn't pass up. Oregon, sucks, has pretty high demand for their season tickets, but we could find tickets when OU played there....not sure I'd want to see them cheat us again though!

Soonermagik
6/9/2010, 01:11 PM
We could schedule Baylor or Iowa State out of conference. ;)

Tear Down This Wall
6/9/2010, 01:24 PM
Idaho State isn't cupcake enough already? Utah State? North Texas?

Come on. Add to that Baylor, Iowa State, etc.

We're already in cupcake land with a few exceptions. If we wanted tough competition, we'd be trying to get into the SEC, not the Pac-10.

Dio
6/9/2010, 03:16 PM
The beauty part if the Pac 16 happens:

The ducks have to come back to Norman

SoonerMom2
6/9/2010, 03:26 PM
how many years will be treated like outsiders with the Pac10 conference? i have a hunch we should expect some horrendous officiating.

Excuse me, but the track record for OU with Big 12 officials in football is pretty louzy.

soonerfan69
6/9/2010, 04:20 PM
There are plenty of cupcakes in the Pac-10

ouduckhunter
6/9/2010, 04:30 PM
The beauty part if the Pac 16 happens:

The ducks have to come back to Norman

Right on!!! They will be so freaking scared!! That would be something to look forward to!

pappy
6/9/2010, 04:42 PM
I actually see the pac 16 or whatever we're gonna call it being a tougher conference then what the big 12 was. yeah there are gonna be some cupcakes but they have those in every conference even the sec miss st, vandy and kentucky are up and down. ... pac 16 will have texas, suc, OU, cal, oregon, oregon st, okie lite, texas tech, texas a&m, arizona all of those teams should be better than average and a few (texas, suc and OU) should be among the nations elite on a consistent basis.

TXBOOMER
6/9/2010, 08:42 PM
`We should schedule cupcakes anyway. It is cool to play FSU and Nator dome, but it sucks to go to there place. I don't have a problem playing tator state, UNT, bowling green etc. If we win OUr conference we will play for the crystal.