PDA

View Full Version : Felipe Calderon is an unrepentant dooshbag

Harry Beanbag
6/9/2010, 09:34 AM
Calderon condemns border killing, ties it to Ariz. immigration law
Tue Jun 8, 2:16 pm ET

Mexican President Felipe Calderon is condemning the killing of an illegal immigrant by U.S. Border Patrol agents as a "truly unacceptable violation" that involved "torture." He's also tying it to Arizona's immigration law, even though the incident took place on the border with California.

"A death with that degree of violence is a truly unacceptable violation," Calderon said, according to the Associated Press (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/ynews/wl_ynews/storytext/ynews_wl2456/36454736/SIG=10npb4m71/*http://yhoo.it/9o474D). "We need to raise all our voices, not only for Mexico but for human rights, because the cause of migrants is a cause that affects us all." He added that the Arizona immigration law "opens a Pandora's box of the worst abuses in the history of humanity."

A San Diego police captain told the Associated Press (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/ynews/wl_ynews/storytext/ynews_wl2456/36454736/SIG=10npnfqae/*http://yhoo.it/b2F5y0) that Anastacio Hernandez — who was in the country illegally and was being deported to Mexico — wrestled two Border Patrol agents to the ground when his handcuffs were removed at the border crossing between San Diego and Tijuana. An agent shocked him with a stun gun and he died hours later.

Calderon, who criticized U.S. immigration policy (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/news/ynews/wl_ynews/storytext/ynews_wl2456/36454736/*http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100520/wl_ynews/ynews_wl2156) during his visit to the White House last month, says Mexico is engaging in an "energetic protest of the torture and death of Anastacio Hernandez, a Mexican who died at the hands of North American migration authorities."

This rhetoric can't help his relationship with the U.S., which he depends on for cash and resources to fight the country's costly drug war. But Calderon is a deeply unpopular president, and turning the focus to foreign policy might be a way for him to distract from domestic failures. His war on the drug cartels, which the U.S. supports financially through the Merida Initiative, has unleashed a wave of violence in the country.

A recent poll (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/ynews/wl_ynews/storytext/ynews_wl2456/36454736/SIG=11ipebc4j/*http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/nacion/178222.html) sponsored by the Mexican newspaper El Universal shows that Calderon's approval rating remains at 41 percent. That's unchanged since February, despite his newly aggressive stance toward the U.S. Those polled listed the country's main problems as national security and jobs.

Correction:An earlier version of this post gave Calderon's approval rating as 32 percent. That is the approval rating of Calderon's Cabinet.

olevetonahill
6/9/2010, 09:51 AM
I read that Harry, Hell of it is The Med Examiner Ruled his death a HOMICIDE.:eek:
Lets see , Ya Fight the PoPos ya get yer azz Tased , Then ya Die cause yer to much a pussie to take it . So to help stir the Shatpot More Rule it a Homicide and get em all stired up.:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
6/9/2010, 10:11 AM
This reaction to the use of force versus border jumper is the sort of thing I rant about. Can you imagine what would happen if we ever started actually defending our southern border against illegal incursions? :eek:

This just in:

By OLIVIA TORRES and CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) - Mexicans are seething over the second death of a countryman at the hands of U.S. Border Patrol agents in two weeks, an incident near downtown El Paso that is threatening to escalate tensions over migrant issues.

U.S. authorities said Tuesday a Border Patrol agent was defending himself and colleagues when he fatally shot the 15-year-old as officers came under a barrage of big stones while trying to detain illegal immigrants on the U.S. side of the Rio Grande.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100609/D9G7MPS01.html

Jacie
6/9/2010, 10:15 AM
I didn't know we had migration authorities or at least, any that dealt with anything other than the migration of sand hill cranes and such . . .

Okla-homey
6/9/2010, 10:19 AM
I didn't know we had migration authorities or at least, any that dealt with anything other than the migration of sand hill cranes and such . . .

It's not PC to refer to these people as "illegal aliens" Therefore, most news agencies have settled on the term "migrants." "Immigration authorities" should be refered to as "migrant authorities."

Harry Beanbag
6/9/2010, 10:20 AM
This reaction to the use of force versus border jumper is the sort of thing I rant about. Can you imagine what would happen if we ever started actually defending our southern border against illegal incursions?

I don't know, more alarmist media articles quoting unhinged people?

So your solution is just to not do anything? That's very libtastic of you, in a Barack Chamberlain sort of way.

Okla-homey
6/9/2010, 10:28 AM
I don't know, more alarmist media articles quoting unhinged people?

So your solution is just to not do anything? That's very libtastic of you, in a Barack Chamberlain sort of way.

No. We should do what we feel we must, but we should do so knowing full well that a substantial number of Americans and the rest of the world would crap kittens if we actually started defending our borders. However, I don't think we're up to taking that heat, dealing with all the ensuing litigation or paying more for the goods and services these folks provide. Therefore, we need to accept the fact they're here, they aren't going anywhere, and more are on the way.

It's the more rational, reasonable and practical approach.

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 10:29 AM
He added that the Arizona immigration law "opens a Pandora's box of the worst abuses in the history of humanity."

How can anyone take that clown seriously?

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 10:31 AM
No. We should do what we feel we must, but we should do so knowing full well that a substantial number of Americans and the rest of the world would crap kittens if we actually started defending our borders. However, I don't think we're up to taking that heat, dealing with all the ensuing litigation or paying more for the goods and services these folks provide. Therefore, we need to accept the fact they're here, they aren't going anywhere, and more are on the way.

It's the more rational, reasonable and practical approach.

Sure, if you want to slowly turn the U.S. into Mexico.

And that would suit one political party just fine.

Okla-homey
6/9/2010, 10:35 AM
How can anyone take that clown seriously?

Just spit-balling here, but what El Presidente may be alluding to is the fact that Hitler started out by asserting Jews couldn't be German citizens.

The "Final Solution" extermination program came later. That's why they called it the "Final Solution."

Perhaps he's suggesting that is where all this hatred for Mexicans could lead.

Okla-homey
6/9/2010, 10:42 AM

LL,

A couple honest questions.

No. 1: Do you see any evidence the Federal government is going to do anything about effectively defending our southern border?

No. 2: Do you think we can defend our southern border without regularly killing people?

If not, then moaning about the fact we have a porous southern border isn't going to turn the situation around. Therefore, we should deal with the reality and figure out a way to make it work for us.

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 10:56 AM
Just spit-balling here, but what El Presidente may be alluding to is the fact that Hitler started out by asserting Jews couldn't be German citizens.

The "Final Solution" extermination program came later. That's why they called it the "Final Solution."

Perhaps he's suggesting that is where all this hatred for Mexicans could lead.

If so, then he's a bigger nut then I originally thought.

No. 1: Do you see any evidence the Federal government is going to do anything about effectively defending our southern border?

No. 2: Do you think we can defend our southern border without regularly killing people?

No, and no.

But why should a few deaths change our policies? One was a pure accident (brought on by the victim's own actions) and the second looks like self-defense. People often die when we fight crime.

Breadburner
6/9/2010, 11:20 AM
I hope they try and invade....O wait they already have.....

OUMallen
6/9/2010, 11:40 AM

Ridiculous. :gary:

Okla-homey
6/9/2010, 11:40 AM
But why should a few deaths change our policies? People often die when we fight crime.

Because the situation is being successfully spun as a human rights struggle. And nations and/or tyrants that kill people engaged in struggles for human rights usually end-up holding the short end of the stick. At least since the 1940's. Frankly, that's Israel's problem in Gaza. They are losing the moral high ground. Fair? Probably not. But "spin" and "fair" ain't necesarilly fellow-travelers.

Dio
6/9/2010, 12:47 PM
How many people have died in Juarez the last two weeks, and what's Calderon doing about that?

OUMallen
6/9/2010, 01:18 PM
How many people have died in Juarez the last two weeks, and what's Calderon doing about that?

I'm sure that's somehow our fault, too. :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 01:41 PM
Because the situation is being successfully spun as a human rights struggle. And nations and/or tyrants that kill people engaged in struggles for human rights usually end-up holding the short end of the stick.

Exactly how was the tasered illegal alien fighting for human rights? He was not a protester. He was simply breaking the law and trying to get away with it.

What you're trying to do is equate the accidental death of one illegal alien to something like apartheid.

Now, you may argue that its appearances that matter, not reality. I will respond that you cannot bend to emotional extortion (which is exactly what you are using).

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 01:41 PM

He pretty much said so. And libs agree with him.

delhalew
6/9/2010, 01:46 PM

That is something on which you can rest assured. Like telling us Mexican criminals have to get fully auto weapons from Americans because that is easier than getting them from currupt federales. Anyone buying that is shortbus all the way.

C&CDean
6/9/2010, 02:39 PM

Indirectly, it is. If all the POS druggies in the USA would quit buying the weed/coke/crank/smack from these d-bags, there wouldn't be a drug business. And all of the killing is directly tied to drugs. 90-something % of prisoners in our system are there directly or indirectly due to drugs. Ask all the murder-1 boys what went down the day they capped somebody. "well, me and the homies were smoking some crack and drinking a couple fowties..." or "I needed a fix like really, really bad man and when I broke into the house the dude came out and I just hit him in the face with a hammer."

But hey, drugs are groovy.

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 02:44 PM
Which is why I consider those who try to make drug use sound cool as vermin.

stoopified
6/10/2010, 04:14 PM
Is this an alias for Bill Mahr?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/10/2010, 08:22 PM
Indirectly, it is. If all the POS druggies in the USA would quit buying the weed/coke/crank/smack from these d-bags, there wouldn't be a drug business. And all of the killing is directly tied to drugs. 90-something % of prisoners in our system are there directly or indirectly due to drugs. Ask all the murder-1 boys what went down the day they capped somebody. "well, me and the homies were smoking some crack and drinking a couple fowties..." or "I needed a fix like really, really bad man and when I broke into the house the dude came out and I just hit him in the face with a hammer."

But hey, drugs are groovy.

Good point. They used to put drug users in prison, but now they just givem a 4 game suspension.

Twenty billion american dollars/year go to south of the border drugs. What part of illegal do you drug users not understand?

Leroy Lizard
6/10/2010, 08:48 PM
But it makes them feel soooooo good.