PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Brown

Herr Scholz
6/8/2010, 01:42 PM
Was at UT's summer camp this past weekend checking things out again and supposedly bonding with our 20 commits who were all there. Feelings are that he's not far away from pulling the trigger and that Longhorn fans are going to be very happy pretty soon. Not that you guys need him but just a heads up since you're still recruiting him.

Tigeman
6/8/2010, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure we've all conceded him! LOL

yankee
6/9/2010, 12:34 AM
OK.

IronHorseSooner
6/9/2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah, once we got Williams, we conceded him. Besides, we are LOADED with backs. He would have to compete with guys like Calhoun (#1 back in the country coming out of HS, by some services), Miller, Clay (best RB in SO CAL last year), Finch (probably the best RB in FLA last year), and Williams (who, if he isn't as good as Brown, isn't that far off).

Soonermagik
6/9/2010, 08:21 AM
To be honest, we don't need him. If I were him I would look at other schools if playing time is an issue. As IronHorse put it, we're beyond loaded at RB.

Ruf/Nek7
6/9/2010, 09:06 AM
He would be given a great shot at texas to compete for playing time. His sophmore year will be the year he beats out tre newton for the starting spot. My eyes are on Aaron Green.....no one seems to be mentioning his name and he is the #2 RB out of texas!

Herr Scholz
6/9/2010, 11:29 AM
I know you guys are loaded with elite RBs and don't need him. You were still recruiting him to spite us though. ;) He is the top player in Texas this year and a top 10 national recruit as well. We haven't landed one of these guys since Benson and Charles. We definitely need him.

We're still heavily recruiting Aaron Green as well. He hasn't shut the door on playing with Brown if it came down to it. He even mentioned a thunder/lightning type partnership with him.

oudavid1
6/9/2010, 12:22 PM
Either way Colt will still lead the team in rushing yards in a few years.

Herr Scholz
6/9/2010, 01:19 PM
How easily some people forget. Before VY and Colt, we had 3 very good RBs, all 3 of whom are starters in the NFL right now: Ricky, Cedric and Jamaal. Ricky and Cedric both won the Doak Walker award for the nation's best RB and Ricky was at one point the all time leading rusher in NCAA history.

Greg Davis knows how to run the ball and to think otherwise is simply foolish wishful thinking. The past several years he just put the ball in the QB's hands more in a spread attack. It was a matter of emphasis on offense rather than ability.

Anyway, one of our teams had negative total rushing yardage in last year's RRR game and it wasn't us.

Tigeman
10/5/2010, 12:55 AM
Lets see if the kid sways on his verbal now that it seems TX has abandoned the power game. Mack is pretty slick and will no doubt make the kid feel like crap for going somewhere else if he tries to break his verbal. He will guilt the hell out of him. We'll see.

I doubt he changes, but you never know! The grass sure looks greener at just about every other house right now if your a TX RB recruit.