PDA

View Full Version : Boise State will not get an invitation to join the Mountain West

SoCal
6/7/2010, 02:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5261053

BOISE, Idaho -- Boise State will not be getting an invitation to join the Mountain West Conference -- at least for now.

Commissioner Craig Thompson says the decision not to expand the nine-team conference is due to the potential shake-ups in other conferences. Officials from the Big Ten, Pac-10 and Big 12 are considering adding new schools.

Thompson says Monday's decision is not final. He says the board could reconsider once the other bigger conferences get sorted out. The board has met the last several days in Jackson, Wyo.

Boise State had hoped to get an invitation to join the Mountain West as a way to generate more revenue, increase competition and get a clearer shot to college football's Bowl Championship Series.

goingoneight
6/7/2010, 02:58 PM
Clearly, not enough people watch TV in Idaho for Boise State to win a National Championship.

Scotty
6/7/2010, 02:59 PM
Basically, MWC is waiting for the PAC10/Big10/BigXII situation to shake out to see if there are more lucrative options available (aka BigXII leftovers) than BSU.

NormanPride
6/7/2010, 03:21 PM
Bois Estate is just going to use this news to prompt more sympathy BCS votes ;)

soonervegas
6/7/2010, 03:35 PM
MW smells some Buffaloes possibly coming their way and maybe a side of Wildcat.

HBick
6/7/2010, 04:02 PM
I heard they were having second thoughts, but I thought it might have been more to do with the pond they play on.

soonerspudman
6/8/2010, 08:38 AM
I heard they were having second thoughts, but I thought it might have been more to do with the pond they play on.

Naw, BSU wants to move to the MWC big time, previous post is correct, MWC smells opportunity with Big 12 North bust up and recent suggestions from Boulder that they'd consider MWC of PAC-10 option. MWC is just keeping their powder dry for now, good move.

BudSooner
6/8/2010, 08:26 PM
MW smells some Buffaloes possibly coming their way and maybe a side of Wildcat.
Yeah, and adding Boise may still happen and frankly I cannot blame them for doing this right now.
Other than being good in football, does Boise State have anything they are good in? Other than whining about being left out in the cold in regards to a BCS game??:D