PDA

View Full Version : Here we go...

Scotty
6/7/2010, 11:08 AM
http://twitter.com/chipbrownob

Orangebloods.com: Pac-10 commish Larry Scott will start extending invitations formally to six Big 12 schools this week.

Orangebloods.com: Texas, A&M, TTech, OU and Ok St getting invites to Pac-10. Last invite still up in air between CU and Baylor.

Chip Brown has become a household name in every house west of Mississippi in less than a week.

This is not just a rumor anymore, its happening.

Mac94
6/7/2010, 12:25 PM
Chip Brown also does radion here in Austin for 104.9 the Horn, the local ESPN affilitate, and in the past has covered the Dallas Cowboys and Longhorns for the Dallas Morning News. He is well connected in these parts.

That said, what's happening is Chip has a well connected source over in Belmont Hall on campus that is purposely feeding him this info. Texas wants all of this known ... probably to pressure Nebraska and Missouri. No coincidence all of this new Pac-10 stuff and the "deadline" on MU and NU is overlapping.

RedstickSooner
6/7/2010, 12:30 PM
So, when talk of the Big-10 expanding by sniping Nebbish and Misery began, I was a sad panda.

Then there was a report where someone from Nebbish came out and said it was the stupidest thing they'd ever heard, and nobody had talked to them at all, and that if there had ever been such a discussion may God turn them into a gay fish, and I was a happy panda.

Now I'm a sad panda again, and I think that Nebbish guy is a lying sack of shi-ites.

I'm still enormously disappointed that the Big-10 would take Misery over us. Playing in that conference would be a dream come true. It'd be like playing Tulsa each week of the year, only, the media actually gives you credit and acts like Tulsa's a real team.

Sigh.

oudavid1
6/7/2010, 12:44 PM
I doubt thats his twitter, or that Dan Beebe has one either.

Leroy Lizard
6/7/2010, 12:46 PM
Then there was a report where someone from Nebbish came out and said it was the stupidest thing they'd ever heard, and nobody had talked to them at all, and that if there had ever been such a discussion may God turn them into a gay fish, and I was a happy panda.

Nice work. Love the style.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 01:20 PM

This ^

Also, even if invites go out the Big 12 isnt breaking up just for the sake of breaking up. It will have to involve other circumstances

Herr Scholz
6/7/2010, 01:25 PM
Chip Brown also does radion here in Austin for 104.9 the Horn, the local ESPN affilitate, and in the past has covered the Dallas Cowboys and Longhorns for the Dallas Morning News. He is well connected in these parts.

That said, what's happening is Chip has a well connected source over in Belmont Hall on campus that is purposely feeding him this info. Texas wants all of this known ... probably to pressure Nebraska and Missouri. No coincidence all of this new Pac-10 stuff and the "deadline" on MU and NU is overlapping.
Yep. This is true. Texas is doing everything they can to keep the Big XII together by putting pressure on Nebraska, Mizzou and CU to commit to the conference now. The Baylor story is one that might spur CU to recommit to our conference before they (or Nebraska) know if they actually have an invite to another conference. Deloss Dodds has made it clear we want the Big XII to go forward. And he's adamant that Texas won't be the one to break it up.

47straight
6/7/2010, 01:30 PM
It would suck if Chip Brown got it right and everyone forgets all the times he sold orangebloods subscribers a bill of goods.

Herr Scholz
6/7/2010, 01:36 PM
It would suck if Chip Brown got it right and everyone forgets all the times he sold orangebloods subscribers a bill of goods.

Such as? He's a legit reporter. Don't know where that's coming from.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 01:40 PM
Chip Brown is not a legit reporter

JohnnyMack
6/7/2010, 01:40 PM
Yep. This is true. Texas is doing everything they can to keep the Big XII together by putting pressure on Nebraska, Mizzou and CU to commit to the conference now. The Baylor story is one that might spur CU to recommit to our conference before they (or Nebraska) know if they actually have an invite to another conference. Deloss Dodds has made it clear we want the Big XII to go forward. And he's adamant that Texas won't be the one to break it up.

I don't necessarily believe that Deloss Dodds is acting in anyone but his own best interest here. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could totally see Texas going independent and saying **** the world. Truth is, I wouldn't necessarily blame them. IMHO if they can go get paid, they should go get paid. OU would still play them every year so I wouldn't really care if they did it. OU would either go to the PAC or the SEC.

Herr Scholz
6/7/2010, 01:42 PM
Chip Brown is not a legit reporter

Umm, yeah he is. He was a beat reporter for the DMN (a top notch paper) for years and the orangebloods coverage is now the best source of UT info any place.

So he was on national tv on every sports channel all last week because he's a blogger trying to sell subscriptions? Sorry but no.

MeMyself&Me
6/7/2010, 01:44 PM

Soooo, Texas did what it could to create an environment where conditions aren't favorable to its co-conference members. Now, Texas wants to force them to take it. That sounds about like Texas to me. And you wonder why so many other people hate the Longhorns so much...

Herr Scholz
6/7/2010, 01:45 PM
I don't necessarily believe that Deloss Dodds is acting in anyone but his own best interest here. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could totally see Texas going independent and saying **** the world.
The Big XII has been a good conference to UT. Of course he wants it to remain viable. He also wants to retire like now and doesn't want to be known as the guy who let the conference dissolve.

Going independent isn't feasible. Would never happen. Texas is a regional school unlike ND who has fans in every state.

Herr Scholz
6/7/2010, 01:49 PM
Soooo, Texas did what it could to create an environment where conditions aren't favorable to its co-conference members. Now, Texas wants to force them to take it. That sounds about like Texas to me. And you wonder why so many other people hate the Longhorns so much...

I get so tired of ignorant statements like this. What are you referring to exactly? Because most of the things that Nebraska complains about going back to the formation of the conference (including revenue sharing and having a conference title game and increasing academic standards) were 11:1 votes against Nebraska. But somehow it's all UT's fault. Guess what, guy, your school voted with UT every time.

Let's hear some specifics and not just anti-UT blather.

JohnnyMack
6/7/2010, 01:52 PM
If Texas can get paid, they should get paid. Period. If they devise a way to make more money going independent in football only then I don't see why they wouldn't do it? Loyalty? Pppffftttt......don't kid yourself. They can remain loyal in the other 17 or so sports they compete in, but if they can start exponentially increasing the amount of cash they get by signing a lucrative TV contract then I have zero problem with it and I don't think it's as far fetched as you do.

Mac94
6/7/2010, 02:06 PM
Texas wants the Big-12 to remain intact ... it is in their self interest. They are the top program in the nation in revenue ... are a power in football and baseball and very competitive in basketball. They are the top dog in the Big-12 ... why trade certainty and power for uncertainty?

Now, has Texas hurt the conference overall ... possibly ... and that is in terms of a Big-12 network. That was pushed under Weiberg (sp?) but blocked (per rumor) by Texas as they wanted their own TV network and didn't want the competition as well as by Kansas and Nebraska who both had TV ideas of their own.

Scotty
6/7/2010, 02:10 PM

I don't know why you would assume this isn't Chip Brown's twitter. It's saying the same stuff that is being said at orangebloods.

Dan Beebe's is obviously fake, however. It says "Fake Dan Beebe" under the name.

Mac94
6/7/2010, 02:12 PM
Listening to Chip at 1pm there were a few tidbits. The focus right now may shift back to South Bend and the Big-10 as they are in talks again. There is a rumor that the Big-10 may have some kind of deadling on the Irish like the Big-12 has on CU, NU, and MU ... probably because of that deadline. But, if the Irish were to cave and join the Big-10 the new 12 team league will probably stand pat and not offer anyone else. And, Nebraska may be alot higher in the pecking order for the Big-10 than Missouri now, So, if the Irish fall through Mizzou could still be sweating bullets.

Also, Texas and Texas A&M will, according to te radio show, stay together. Bill Byrne's SEC talk of the past few weeks was more to placate Gene Stallings (former Alabama and A&M head coach) who is very hard core for the SEC move. Byrne isn;t as opposed to going west as some of his recent comments make it. Rick Perry (Tx Governor and A&M alum) wants the two to remain together. And, there is some talk that the Big-12 south is fairly united on all of this and may be working as a block.

Herr Scholz
6/7/2010, 02:12 PM
Texas Now, has Texas hurt the conference overall ... possibly ... and that is in terms of a Big-12 network. That was pushed under Weiberg (sp?) but blocked (per rumor) by Texas as they wanted their own TV network and didn't want the competition as well as by Kansas and Nebraska who both had TV ideas of their own.

OU voted against the tv network idea as well as KU and Nebraska.

OKLA21FAN
6/7/2010, 02:14 PM
OU voted against the tv network idea as well as Nebraska.

damn it!

Scotty
6/7/2010, 02:14 PM
This ^

Also, even if invites go out the Big 12 isnt breaking up just for the sake of breaking up. It will have to involve other circumstances

I don't know if certain teams (any teams without the prospect of having their own TV network, aka everyone but UT) would pass up doubling their revenue for the sake of tradition.

Mississippi Sooner
6/7/2010, 02:19 PM
The Big XII has been a good conference to UT. Of course he wants it to remain viable. He also wants to retire like now and doesn't want to be known as the guy who let the conference dissolve.

Going independent isn't feasible. Would never happen. Texas is a regional school unlike ND who has fans in every state.

I can believe that. Really, what could Texas do? Work out some kind of deal with the cable companies in Texas to broadcast all their games? Maybe an exclusive deal with Versus? Even with the size of Texas, I can't see how that would be very lucrative. And no way do I see them landing a network deal like Notre Dame. They don't have anywhere near that kind of national appeal.

soonervegas
6/7/2010, 02:22 PM

Blasphemy! Don't you dare say these things on hornfans.com

Collier11
6/7/2010, 02:22 PM
I don't know if certain teams (any teams without the prospect of having their own TV network, aka everyone but UT) would pass up doubling their revenue for the sake of tradition.

ut and OU want to keep the Big 12 together, OU and ut are the power brokers. Even if Neb and mizzou left that is no gaurantee that the Big 12 breaks up. Alot would have to happen all around for them to decide to implode the Big 12...atleast thats what ive heard

Scotty
6/7/2010, 02:34 PM
ut and OU want to keep the Big 12 together, OU and ut are the power brokers. Even if Neb and mizzou left that is no gaurantee that the Big 12 breaks up. Alot would have to happen all around for them to decide to implode the Big 12...atleast thats what ive heard

That may be true, but I see it happening differently. If either of NEB or mizzou leave, I see that as the end of the big 12. In fact, if they don't commit to the big 12 by the deadline, that might be enough for UT,OU, etc to bolt.

It's the mexican standoff of conference expansion. NEB and/or Mizzou will be gone if they get an invite from the B10. The "Big 6" will bounce if that happens (or if neb and mizz don't commit). However, most sources say that if the B10 gets ND, they will probably not go after any other schools, Neb and Mizzou included.

Someone is going to have to take a huge risk. Imo, it will have to be Neb and mizzou not committing to the Big 12 without knowing if it will get an invite from the big10 or not.

All in all, this comes back to Notre Dame. The biggest chance for the Big XII to stay alive is if ND takes the Big 10 offer.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 02:53 PM
ND isnt taking any offer unless the Big East tells them that they have to join the football conference like other all their other sports where they are Big East.

I dont think Neb and Mizzou leaving means the end of the Big 12 but I do think it will make things more likely for that to happen

47straight
6/7/2010, 02:56 PM
Umm, yeah he is. He was a beat reporter for the DMN (a top notch paper) for years and the orangebloods coverage is now the best source of UT info any place.

So he was on national tv on every sports channel all last week because he's a blogger trying to sell subscriptions? Sorry but no.

If you give $9.95 a month, I will remind you of the blunders. And I won't even have to libel an 18-year-old's mom if I was proven wrong.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:06 PM

I know where he works, just sayin that alot of the stuff he posts as news on Orangebloods is heresay or flat out incorrect

Scotty
6/7/2010, 03:11 PM
Craig James needs to stfu.

He's saying that the Texas schools, not the legislators, are pulling for Baylor, citing recruiting advantages as the reasons. He says that UT, Tech, aTm, want to be able to tell parents that they can drive to watch their son play as opposed to flying to the west coast every weekend (which, with the divisional setup would not be the case).

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:13 PM
Its true, why do you think Baylor has entered the discussion if we all head to the Pac 10 instead of Colorado, not cus of preference by the Pac 10, its cus of the texas schools pushing it

JohnnyMack
6/7/2010, 03:16 PM
Its true, why do you think Baylor has entered the discussion if we all head to the Pac 10 instead of Colorado, not cus of preference by the Pac 10, its cus of the texas schools pushing it

Yeah, I wonder what's a more lucrative TV market, Waco or Denver?

Scotty
6/7/2010, 03:16 PM

Its true, why do you think Baylor has entered the discussion if we all head to the Pac 10 instead of Colorado, not cus of preference by the Pac 10, its cus of the State of Texas pushing it

Fixed.

I really doubt Texas, TAMU, or Texas Tech could care less about playing Baylor instead of ASU or AZ, especially when +$10 million a year is on the line.

The whole Baylor thing is a case of Baylor legislators looking out for Baylor.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:18 PM
well, true

Mississippi Sooner
6/7/2010, 03:24 PM
Let's not forget, Kenneth Starr just became president of Baylor. Love him or hate him, he knows how to make things political.

Scotty
6/7/2010, 03:25 PM
This just in: unconfirmed sources say big10 has offered Nebraska, Missouri, Rutgers, and ND.

http://blogs.mcall.com/nittany_lines/2010/06/big-ten-reportedly-offers-nebraska-missouri-rutgers-notre-dame.html

http://www.examiner.com/x-6668-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions-Football-Examiner~y2010m6d7-Rumor-Big-Ten-invites-Nebraska-Notre-Dame-Missouri-Rutgers

Call it a rumor, but as of late all of these rumors have come to fruition.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:31 PM
until we hear something from the Big 12 or any of these schools it is all rumor, political jockeying. Im not saying it wont happen but I think it is more of a power play for some schools than anything

We will see...

soonerboomer93
6/7/2010, 03:31 PM

I think it's definitely a case where OU and UT what to keep the Big 12 together, and find away to make better money. I wouldn't be suprised if Dodds and Castiglione are having a lot of conversations right now. I think OU and UT move in a block, largely to improve bargaining power.

OU Adonis
6/7/2010, 03:33 PM
WTF? Can they not come up with an even number ?

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:35 PM
I think it's definitely a case where OU and UT what to keep the Big 12 together, and find away to make better money. I wouldn't be suprised if Dodds and Castiglione are having a lot of conversations right now. I think OU and UT move in a block, largely to improve bargaining power.

Exactly, tex pretty much runs the Big 12 with OU right behind them. Why would either want to leave, not to mention they would be giving up a great competitive advantage by going from competing with each other and 1 or 2 other schools each year to competing with each other plus Oregon, USC, and 1 or 2 other schools each year

Mississippi Sooner
6/7/2010, 03:40 PM
WTF? Can they not come up with an even number ?

They will hereafter simply be known as The Odd Conference.

Scotty
6/7/2010, 03:46 PM
Exactly, tex pretty much runs the Big 12 with OU right behind them. Why would either want to leave

$$$$$$$$$$

UT wants the Big XII to stay together so they could pursue their own TV network. Money talks, and the type of revenue that a pac-16 network would bring in would be hard to ignore for any BigXII school, especially OU. This is just my opion, but the prospect of UT getting their own deal and being able to keep all the revenue while the rest of the BigXII hovers around ~$10 million a year is enough motivation for the Big 6 (us, OSU, TT, aTm) to bolt for the Pac-16 and the $20 million a year that comes with it.

My opinion is that the only ones that want the Big XII to stay together are the ones that are afraid of being left out (KU, KSU, BU, ISU) and the ones that could increase revenue without changing conferences (UT). Everyone else is just along for the ride.

HBick
6/7/2010, 04:08 PM
And he's adamant that Texas won't be the one to break it up, this time

fixed. because in all likelihood, the reason Texas does not want the Big XII to break up right now is because they aren't ready to launch Texas Television.

24 million possible cable subscribers speaks more than a Pac-10 invitation.

HBick
6/7/2010, 04:16 PM
Oh and what happens if Texas launches their own Television Network? Sure it's cable, but you are pretty much guaranteed it will be carried in the region. A lot of Longhorns living in Oklahoma these days with more moving every year (see Devon, Chessy, Sand Ridge). It would be interesting to see what Texas would do, they would need some sort of conference affiliation for sports other than football, but it is interesting, and I'd be curious to see what some of the UT fans who browse this board would think about this.

Also, if that happens, I would assume that the SEC would be a likely landing spot for OU and OSU, unless both Oklahoma Schools decided to make one network (please, god, no).

Just throwing out some points to add to the discussion.

MeMyself&Me
6/7/2010, 04:39 PM
Oh and what happens if Texas launches their own Television Network? Sure it's cable, but you are pretty much guaranteed it will be carried in the region. A lot of Longhorns living in Oklahoma these days with more moving every year (see Devon, Chessy, Sand Ridge). It would be interesting to see what Texas would do, they would need some sort of conference affiliation for sports other than football, but it is interesting, and I'd be curious to see what some of the UT fans who browse this board would think about this.

Also, if that happens, I would assume that the SEC would be a likely landing spot for OU and OSU, unless both Oklahoma Schools decided to make one network (please, god, no).

Just throwing out some points to add to the discussion.

:confused:

And I thought it was either we had the Big 12 and Texas got their own network or it was six of us (OU and UT included) went to the Pac 10 and Texas didn't get their own network.

GimmeRed
6/7/2010, 04:41 PM

Was it Texas' discussions with the Big 10 in April or their bringing in the Pac 10 2 weeks ago that lead you to believe this crap?

They have been working harder then any school to get out of the Big XII and are still trying to take the highroad.

Herr Scholz
6/7/2010, 04:59 PM
Dodds is just making sure UT is covered if Nebraska and Mizzou and CU leave. They're the ones driving the breakup of the conference, not UT. Some people want to blame Texas for everything regardless of the facts.

If everyone said they were going to stay at this point, Texas would be perfectly happy. You can believe that.

JohnnyMack
6/7/2010, 05:09 PM
Dodds is just making sure UT is covered if Nebraska and Mizzou and CU leave. They're the ones driving the breakup of the conference, not UT. Some people want to blame Texas for everything regardless of the facts.

If everyone said they were going to stay at this point, Texas would be perfectly happy. You can believe that.

And if Texas could triple its TV revenue by going independent they'd be perfectly happy too. This isn't a knock on Texas, it's simply business. If they had the chance to do it, they should do it. Now I'm sure the dildos that comprise the Texas state legislature won't let their beloved Aggies try and stand on their own two feet, but if any school on the planet should consider being an independent entity in foozball right now, it's Texas.

HBick
6/7/2010, 05:11 PM

This is true. But I think the Pac-10 hypothetical (which it is at this point because the Pac-10 Commish said they have not extended invitations yet on CFL today) could force Nebraska's hand. But also there were reports today that Notre Dame's Board is split. Those in favor of the move to the Big 10 would prefer the Big 10 to add only one team (ND). This puts dampers on Mizzou and more importantly Nebraska.

That said, the only thing worse than all the conference expansion talk, was the summer of 2009's NBA Free Agent discussion regarding players after the 2010 season.

Conference is poised to overtake that level of hatred I have for NBA free agent discussions over a year in advance.

prrriiide
6/7/2010, 05:11 PM

That's because * wants the revenue from their own network. Basically with that income disparity, they will swing an even larger johnson at the rest of the BigXII. That's why I'm hoping for a Pac 10 deal; so that there will be conference schools other than OU that have the sack to tell * where to stick it and how deep to put it.

They'll be spooging in their jock straps because there won't be anything like a silly old conference agreement standing in the way of *TV becoming the only (cash) cow more revered than bevo on the 40 acres.

Herr Scholz
6/7/2010, 05:17 PM
That's because * wants the revenue from their own network. Basically with that income disparity, they will swing an even larger johnson at the rest of the BigXII. That's why I'm hoping for a Pac 10 deal; so that there will be conference schools other than OU that have the sack to tell * where to stick it and how deep to put it.

When has OU done that in Big XII discussions? You guys have voted the same with us on every major issue. What are you talking about?

HBick
6/7/2010, 06:01 PM
I think OU has explored the possibility of a television network. Unfortunately I think it would be a bad idea. I see an OU/OSU merger under the Fox Sports Oklahoma to carry the other non money maker sports which would then get bumped for Thunder, Mavs, Rangers, and Astros games. Not exactly a winning situation for athletes, but if they get money from it, it'd be worthwhile right?

Sooner Among The Pack
6/7/2010, 06:41 PM
KU chancellor begs for it's atheltic life by asking NU and MU not to bolt...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5262068

Sure is a ton of smoke out there with schools making public comments and positioning themselves for something.

Dio
6/7/2010, 07:02 PM
KU chancellor begs for it's atheltic life by asking NU and MU not to bolt...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5262068

Sure is a ton of smoke out there with schools making public comments and positioning themselves for something.

At first I thought we should take KU instead of little brother, but you know what?

SCREW KANSAS

mebbe they can maintain KC home court advantage in the MWC tourney

rainiersooner
6/7/2010, 07:34 PM
That may be true, but I see it happening differently. If either of NEB or mizzou leave, I see that as the end of the big 12. In fact, if they don't commit to the big 12 by the deadline, that might be enough for UT,OU, etc to bolt.

It's the mexican standoff of conference expansion. NEB and/or Mizzou will be gone if they get an invite from the B10. The "Big 6" will bounce if that happens (or if neb and mizz don't commit). However, most sources say that if the B10 gets ND, they will probably not go after any other schools, Neb and Mizzou included.

Someone is going to have to take a huge risk. Imo, it will have to be Neb and mizzou not committing to the Big 12 without knowing if it will get an invite from the big10 or not.

All in all, this comes back to Notre Dame. The biggest chance for the Big XII to stay alive is if ND takes the Big 10 offer.

Part of this reminds me of the lead up to the First World War!

AlbqSooner
6/7/2010, 07:58 PM
Guess what, guy, your school voted with UT every time.

"OU voted against the tv network idea as well as KU and Nebraska."

"You guys have voted the same with us on every major issue. What are you talking about?"

Consistency in posting is a whorn tradition.:D

bluedogok
6/7/2010, 08:16 PM
The whole Baylor thing is a case of Baylor legislators looking out for Baylor.
All 15 of them.......they don't have Bullock (Lt. Gov.) or Richards (Gov.) this time. The gov. is an Aggie and the Lt. Gov. is an Arizona Wildcat.

I would bet that the SEC is quietly making phone calls as well, I doubt they would want to be left out if the Big 10/11 expands and with the Pac 10 officially calling on the Big 12. If the latest Big 10/11 rumor is correct then I could see them becoming active but not necessarily as public as the others.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 08:26 PM

"You guys have voted the same with us on every major issue. What are you talking about?"

Nice

JLEW1818
6/7/2010, 08:29 PM
i wish this conference stuff would die. by the way i gave all these threads 1 star. i hate this so much for some reason, obama lebron type hate.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 08:40 PM
Yea im sick of it to, its like the usc crap. Until something happens its all speculation

JohnnyMack
6/7/2010, 09:14 PM
If the dominos fall and MU and NU go to the Big 10 and the Big 12 South bolts for the PAC 10, it'd be hard for me to believe that KU wouldn't end up with either the Big 10 or the SEC. That basketball program is too powerful to pass up.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 09:16 PM
well ive heard that the Big 12 would stay together for hoops in that scenario

JohnnyMack
6/7/2010, 09:45 PM
The more I think about the PAC-16 the more I wanna throw up. I have no interest in being a part of the PAC anything. It feels like a dirty, sleazy money grab, because, well I guess that's all it is. It's all an effort at a new TV deal, nothing more, nothing less. There is ZERO connection either geographically or tradition based in this unholy alignment. Why they couldn't simply grab two nice schools from west of the rockies is beyond me. They can all go **** themselves. I'd so much rather go to the SEC with Texas, Aggie and Okie State and turn that into a mother****er of a conference than I would be part of the PAC ****ing 10.

HBick
6/7/2010, 11:15 PM
The Husker And Mizzou boards have been raging all day since about noon when apparently the news broke. Obviously it's all speculation, but apparently Nebraska (Pres/AD?) met with a representative from the Big 10 on Friday for 4 1/2 hours and they applied on Friday, the rest of the Big 10 voted and approved. They are all saying expect an announced in 36-48 hours from noon Monday June 7th.

This was reported on Husker boards after it came out on stltoday.com.

To quote Dr. Saturday on this exact story, "Plausible, but not very reliable."

Just a heads up on what our counterparts are talking about. Oh and the husker sources differ on one key part, that Mizzou has not been accepted yet, whereas Nebraska has. Homerism?

ouwasp
6/7/2010, 11:32 PM
well, if the demise of the Big XII is at hand, at least we won't have to endure anymore Arrowhead Icebox games.

I would hope the Pac-16 would rotate champ games between between Dallas and CA.

I wish the Big XII would stick, but it sure doesn't look like it...

Ulimate fantasy: osu gets separated from OU, thus ending their reason for existing. Stillwater would implode. :D

Collier11
6/7/2010, 11:34 PM
Ulimate fantasy: osu gets separated from OU, thus ending their reason for existing. Stillwater would implode. :D

In that scenario, I feel bad for the sheep

texaspokieokie
6/8/2010, 10:35 AM
remember that they always played each other, even when not in same conference.

Herr Scholz
6/8/2010, 11:04 AM

Again, what are you talking about? UT, KU, OU and Neb voted against the tv network idea.

Herr Scholz
6/8/2010, 11:05 AM
Nice

How? OU was on the same side as UT in that discussion.

rawlingsHOH
6/8/2010, 11:31 AM
How? OU was on the same side as UT in that discussion.

probably not

KantoSooner
6/8/2010, 11:44 AM
This sort of thing kind of gets me in all areas of public discourse in America these days. If there was a vote it was either public or private. If private then we don't know who voted which way and only the tried and true 'somebody's gay lover's brother's taxi driver told me so because I' m Mr. Insider' explanation can be cited as authority.
If public, then we all can know the way the votes were cast.
What can't happen, with any degree of reason, is a difference of opinion. The public either knows or doesn't. It's not open to rational question.

Herr Scholz
6/8/2010, 01:46 PM
probably not

Umm, definitely so. OU was on the same side of the vote as UT when it came to the following votes.

where to put the Big XII offices
whether to have a Big XII title game
to have the title game at Jerry World recently
whether to accept partial qualifiers
whether to split revenue equally
to create a Big XII television network
etc...

The idea that OU has told UT to stick it in Big XII decision making is simply totally wrong. UT and OU have been a virtual voting block.