PDA

View Full Version : For All The Guns & God Clinger-To'Ers

KC//CRIMSON
6/6/2010, 03:07 PM
Premiering tonight on the History Channel - TOP SHOT

http://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Americas-top-shot-banner.jpg

http://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/topshot-contestants.jpg

Whether it's William Tell using a crossbow to shoot an apple off his son's head, or Annie Oakley using a hand mirror to make a shot with a rifle slung over her shoulder, history is filled with legendary tales of amazing marksmanship. Now, HISTORY is tapping into these inspiring feats of sharp-shooting for its first-ever competition series, Top Shot, premiering Sunday, June 6, at 10/9c on HISTORY.

Sixteen of the nation's most skilled marksmen have been carefully selected to compete for the title. Some have professional shooting experience, some are amateurs--and all will showcase breathtaking timing, speed and accuracy in their quest to win the $100,000 prize package and the title of "Top Shot." The winner will ultimately have to be skilled in everything from muzzle-loading muskets and modern pistols to slingshots and throwing knives.

Each week, contenders will face both team and individual elimination challenges until one winner remains. Every challenge will focus on the weapons, technologies and techniques of different historical eras as high-speed HD cameras capture the skillful execution of each test in extreme slow-motion.

Contestants vying for "Top Shot" include professional shooters--like the first woman in the history of the Chicago Police Department to become "Top Gun" of her graduating class--and world-record holders, but there are also amateurs like a Wild West entertainer, a historical firearms collector and a radio gun show host. From a 22-year-old rifle prodigy to a 47-year-old retired city cop, they'll need skill, toughness and nerves of steel to claim the Top Shot title.

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 03:18 PM
LAS prolly win it.

KC//CRIMSON
6/6/2010, 03:20 PM
My money is on Thunder Thighs.

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 03:24 PM

Dont know who that is, But it sounds like I chick I might know:D

Okla-homey
6/6/2010, 03:35 PM
That arta be some fine teevee viewing.

Perhaps a more popular concept however would be to position these folks on the border and have them shoot illegals trying to cross. They could have night and low-light rounds with and without benefit of NVG's. Extra points for drilling pregnant women. :rolleyes: :texan:

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 03:39 PM

Perhaps a more popular concept however would be to position these folks on the border and have them shoot illegals trying to cross. They could have night and low-light rounds with and without benefit of NVG's. Extra points for drilling pregnant women. :rolleyes: :texan:

Good ideer :D

KC//CRIMSON
6/6/2010, 10:20 PM
First episode wasn't bad, but there needs to be less talking and more shooting.

OU Adonis
6/6/2010, 10:24 PM
Extra points for drilling pregnant women. :rolleyes: :texan:

I drilled a pregnant women once. I didn't know she was prego at the time though. Was kinda creepy once I found out.

SoonerBorn68
6/6/2010, 11:17 PM

Heh. I'm fatter, er, flattered. I think.

GKeeper316
6/6/2010, 11:23 PM

then you'd have to pay good ol' home-grown mericans to do all the **** around your house you're too lazy to do.