PDA

View Full Version : Ok with all the fraud being repoerted

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 02:13 PM
about the use of 'DEBIT' cards
are ya still using em ? Why? From what Ive read ya dont have any protection with em where as ya do with the Credit card.Plus the Overdraft fees that have reportedly made a cup of coffee cost something like 35 bucks .:eek:

SoonerInKCMO
6/6/2010, 02:15 PM
When one can pay cash for a $43k Yukon, one doesn't have to worry about overdraft fees. :texan:

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 02:17 PM
This is true But we aint all a Bruce her are we ?:D

KC//CRIMSON
6/6/2010, 02:17 PM
Mine are protected and I've never been charged any fee in the ten to fifteen years I've had one.

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 02:18 PM
I dont even have one
I do have a CC that is issued by my bank tho.
And thats the Only CC i have or need.

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 02:19 PM
Mine are protected and I've never been charged any fee in the ten to fifteen years I've had one.

Cool. Ive just heard so many stories about the fraud and lack of protection that Im just gun shy of em .

swardboy
6/6/2010, 03:15 PM
always use one....as a credit card. Selecting "credit" saves the fees for us.

Crucifax Autumn
6/6/2010, 04:54 PM
I use mine all the time and I have yet to have any fraud problems. The bank on the other hand...

VeeJay
6/6/2010, 04:57 PM
Hello. My name is VeeJay. I'm a user.

<clap clap clap>

yermom
6/6/2010, 05:01 PM
i think they have gone to a lot more protections now vs. the past

but still, if there is a problem, you are out that cash right now, vs. a credit card where you have your grace period to worry about it getting sorted out

i use cash most of the time, unless it's something online, i'm renting a car, getting a hotel room or buying gas

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 05:04 PM
I use Cash(Most of the time) Wright a check A good prtion of the rest of the time
Use my CC when Im short of cash and somewhere I caint wright a check

SoonerInKCMO
6/6/2010, 05:06 PM
What is this "check" you speak of? :confused:

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 05:23 PM
What is this "check" you speak of? :confused:

I use these that way I can just make shat up:D
http://www.netbankstore.com/GFS/CC-100.jpg

yermom
6/6/2010, 05:59 PM
i don't know how ID theft wasn't more prevalent back in the day

i mean writing your SSN/driver's license on checks?

here have my account number, phone number and address too

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 06:04 PM

here have my account number, phone number and address too

Naw Bro the way Counter checks werked was each Store /whatever went to the Local banks and got books of blank checks, then when ya bot sompun and wanted to wright a check ya just axed em fer a Check on so an so bank , filled it out and signed it and yer done .
Folks were a LOT mo honest back then and trusting, Hence the Flim Flam man could make a good livin .:D

Turd_Ferguson
6/6/2010, 06:10 PM
i use cash most of the time, unless it's something online, i'm renting a car, getting a hotel room or buying gasI try'd to think of something smart *** to say about Crack Car rentals, Habanna Inn and Citgo, but I can't.:D

Turd_Ferguson
6/6/2010, 06:12 PM

here have my account number, phone number and address tooBack in the day, they didn't ask for any info except what was already on the check. Then the dooshbag generation came along...

Collier11
6/6/2010, 06:54 PM
Rarely if ever carry cash, always a debit card. Never lost it, never had it stolen, never had my identity stolen, never had the system hacked into and my card info stolen. Not to say it cant happen as it has happened at my very bank before but you have fraud protection on your card first of all, second of all my bank is very vigilant in protecting us from that type of thing

Okla-homey
6/7/2010, 11:54 AM
We've had a few bogus charges show up on our debit card account from time to time. Mrs. Homey has always been able to clear it up by calling the nice folks at BOk and explaining we have never even been to Romania, much less bought erotic massages there.

1890MilesToNorman
6/7/2010, 12:14 PM
I insisted my ATM card only be an ATM card and not a debt card. I have credit cards for purchases and the ATM for cash. It's not very smart to allow someone to buy all kinds of **** with a card directly attached to a checking account.

Frozen Sooner
6/7/2010, 12:35 PM
Why? From what Ive read ya dont have any protection with em where as ya do with the Credit card.

Whoever told you this was blowing smoke out of their ***. The ONLY difference is if someone gets your PIN and uses it that way-in that case, you're pretty much screwed (with some caveats.) If it's used signature-based, whatever clearing system the card uses (VISA or MasterCard) gives the same protections they give credit cards.

In 12 years, I never saw one person who filed a police report regarding a stolen card or fraudulent charges not get their money back.

StoopTroup
6/7/2010, 12:52 PM
So if I have the bank routeing number and your account number off of your check what is safer about writing a Check than using a debit card?

soonerboomer93
6/7/2010, 01:48 PM
We've had a few bogus charges show up on our debit card account from time to time. Mrs. Homey has always been able to clear it up by calling the nice folks at BOk and explaining we have never even been to Romania, much less bought erotic massages there.

Sorry, may back was really tense

It was a bit over priced though...

SanJoaquinSooner
6/7/2010, 01:56 PM
So if I have the bank routeing number and your account number off of your check what is safer about writing a Check than using a debit card?

You're holding up the check-out line writing the damned check. Please use a debit card.

1890MilesToNorman
6/7/2010, 02:19 PM
95% of my purchases are with cash, that's what the dadgum atm card is for. I spend less money that way too.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 02:23 PM
You're holding up the check-out line writing the damned check. Please use a debit card.

you dont even have to fill out a check anymore, most times they can do it with the register and it doesnt take long

C&CDean
6/7/2010, 02:51 PM
If you're one of those people who uses a debit card (or credit card) for that $3.89 meal at the McDonalds, or for a $1.89 drink at the 7-11 you're a ****ing idiot and should be forced to clean the urinal with your tongue.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who pay for $1-20 **** with a card. Who doesn't have a $20 in their pocket? Use it, and quit ****ing up my day.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 02:55 PM
If you're one of those people who uses a debit card (or credit card) for that $3.89 meal at the McDonalds, or for a $1.89 drink at the 7-11 you're a ****ing idiot and should be forced to clean the urinal with your tongue.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who pay for $1-20 **** with a card. Who doesn't have a $20 in their pocket? Use it, and quit ****ing up my day.

WTH does it matter to you if someone uses a debit card, hell in most cases it is faster as the dipsh*t behind the counter doesnt have to attempt to count back change to me.

I use debit cards for everything, a debit card is the same as cash. I have no reason to carry cash and I usually dont unless I know will need it.

GottaHavePride
6/7/2010, 03:02 PM
If I don't carry cash, I can't spend it on a bunch of useless crap like a $1.89 drink at a 7-11. So it makes me think about whether or not I want to hassle with it before I buy things. ;)

1890MilesToNorman
6/7/2010, 03:06 PM
My final arguments for carrying cash! My bar doesn't take any plastic and I can't gamble with any plastic. Case closed.:D

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:07 PM
You go to a bar that doesnt take plastic, ive been to two of those in my life and those places are scary :D

1890MilesToNorman
6/7/2010, 03:09 PM
:D it's a Veterans organization and they don't take plastic. And yes it's scary at times but not for me. :D

C&CDean
6/7/2010, 03:10 PM
WTH does it matter to you if someone uses a debit card, hell in most cases it is faster as the dipsh*t behind the counter doesnt have to attempt to count back change to me.

I use debit cards for everything, a debit card is the same as cash. I have no reason to carry cash and I usually dont unless I know will need it.

Because you fumble around for your card, then the dip**** has to swipe it, then the POS machine has to print the deal to sign then you've gotta sign it, then you've gotta get your receipt. Yes, I know some places have those faster swipe deals, but most still take a lot longer than paying cash.

Everytime I see somebody buy a $3 item with a card I think "little faggot spending mommy and daddy's money." Can't help it.

So if you're in line ahead of me, please allow me to move to the front of the line. That way I don't give a **** if you use your plastic or not.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:12 PM
You realize that in most places if the purchase is under $20 you dont have to sign anything...most places, not all

C&CDean
6/7/2010, 03:14 PM
No, I don't realize that because only plastic people would use plastic for a < $20 purchase.

I can understand if it's like $17.99 and you only have $15 in your pocket, but doing it on purpose for a $4 bill is gay. Knock it the **** off.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:15 PM
No sir I will not :D Like I said, I dont carry cash and have no reason to.

C&CDean
6/7/2010, 03:21 PM
Fag.

I guess it's a generational thing. I couldn't even imagine walking out the door without some cash in my pocket. I typically like to have ~$300-400 all the time.

When you go the places I go oftentimes cash is the only way to get by. I never have to worry if wherever I'm at takes plastic, and when you buy farm equipment/trailers/etc. like I do, NOBODY takes plastic. A lot aren't even taking checks anymore. Also, try paying for your crack or hooker with plastic and let me know how that goes.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/7/2010, 03:24 PM
i takes plastic on all my ho's...they can slide the card right under the tramp stamp

1890MilesToNorman
6/7/2010, 03:25 PM
Hookers have swipe slots.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 03:30 PM
Fag.

I guess it's a generational thing. I couldn't even imagine walking out the door without some cash in my pocket. I typically like to have ~$300-400 all the time.

When you go the places I go oftentimes cash is the only way to get by. I never have to worry if wherever I'm at takes plastic, and when you buy farm equipment/trailers/etc. like I do, NOBODY takes plastic. A lot aren't even taking checks anymore. Also, try paying for your crack or hooker with plastic and let me know how that goes.

I think so...My Grandpa always had anywhere from $100-200 in his front pocket. My mom and step dad always seem to have atleast $50 on them.

sooneron
6/7/2010, 10:49 PM
Fag.

http://www.vintagekansascity.com/blackjack.jpg

yermom
6/7/2010, 11:05 PM
i pity the fool that tries to mug Dean

yermom
6/7/2010, 11:07 PM
i used to roll with that much cash all the time when i was playing a lot of poker

Collier11
6/7/2010, 11:10 PM
now youre playing more pokehim?

yermom
6/7/2010, 11:18 PM
i leave that game to the professionals

Collier11
6/7/2010, 11:19 PM
Jlew

yermom
6/7/2010, 11:22 PM
i wasn't gonna name any names :D

StoopTroup
6/8/2010, 07:40 AM
I know a guy in Hong Kong who is having some trouble getting his money out of china and needs your bank routing number and your account number so he can put the dough in your account. He will make it worth your while too.

He can't use your debit card so the info is very important.

Seems like a nice fella...

Tak Ur Doh is his name.

C&CDean
6/8/2010, 08:07 AM
http://www.vintagekansascity.com/blackjack.jpg

Some scrawny-armed thug with a blackjack gonna rob me? I suppose it could happen, but probably not. What's more likely is that the thug will find out what a blackjack butt-plug feels like. That, or what a 230 grain .45 hollow point feels like.