PDA

View Full Version : Where are the FIRE SUNNY threads now?

stoopified
6/6/2010, 10:38 AM
I went back and tried to dig them up but they are closed threads now.I thought all the screaming for Sunny's head was without basis then and I think time has shown this to be true.Galloway has become the 4th all time winngest coach at OU behind Semore(851),Cochell(511),Baer(281).Sunny will pass Baer in a couple of seasons and I fully expect him to be here long enough to pass Cochell(whom he trails by 295 wins) in about eight seasons.OU has a long history of supporting coaches who have solid programs,and I think that is certainly the case here.

Ardmore_Sooner
6/6/2010, 12:21 PM
They crawled back in their holes. We are going to be around for awhile and it's great. This is what OU baseball is all about!

bri
6/6/2010, 12:55 PM
Not to be that guy, but while I'm not all "FIRE SUNNY" I WOULD like for OU baseball to get back to winning championships and going to the CWS, not being Texas' bitch every year. :D

Collier11
6/6/2010, 01:50 PM
Well we can take a big step tonight. This is Sunnys 5th regional final in 6 years, needs to be his 2nd Super Regional after tonight

John Kochtoston
6/7/2010, 12:35 AM
FIRE SONNY SIMPSON!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/13/2010, 08:40 PM
Cochell was screwed by the PC police. It was some truly silly shi*. Now, I believe we're back on track.

badger
6/13/2010, 09:25 PM
FIRE SONNY SIMPSON!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1

No, no, no... fire Sonny-Sherri-Stoopid-Capel-Calvin-Simpson!

Aww shizzle - I didn't include Vulnerables and Wilson ;)

And if you were serious (even though I know you weren't), you can find the fire sunny threads simply by googling his name.

Collier11
6/13/2010, 09:30 PM
Cochell was screwed by the PC police. It was some truly silly shi*. Now, I believe we're back on track.

in all honesty though, the program had become stagnant under Cochell

Eielson
6/13/2010, 10:48 PM
Cochell got messed around.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/13/2010, 11:55 PM
Cochell got messed around.It was a very ugly and unjust RAILROAD JOB!

Collier11
6/14/2010, 12:19 AM
its the PC world we live in, unfortunately

tommieharris91
6/14/2010, 12:40 AM
its the PC world we live in, unfortunately

If you work at OU and wanna get fired fast, drop an n bomb on national TV. Boren flips his toupee over those.

stoopified
6/14/2010, 08:00 AM
My origial point when I started thus thread was how stupid it was to FIRE SUNNY,especially the reasons that were cited(cheating,oversigning,lying to players.).Obviously if there was even ahint of truth that Galloway was cheating Boren and Castiglone would have booted him,second all coaches oversign,the key is that you do have to be under the limit when school starts,third lying to players about full schollys?Any player who thinks he is getting a full scholly when you only have 11.7 to fill out a 25 man roster is full of himself.At no time has ANYONE produced any proof that ever occurred.

Anyhow on to bigger and better things ,we are now on the verge of the CWS, and I like OUr chaces to get there.

stoopified
6/14/2010, 08:13 AM
To put what Sunny has done in historical context,think about this: t Semore didn't reach his 1st CWS until his 6th season(1972).

Collier11
6/14/2010, 10:55 AM
we aint there yet, gotta get a big win tonight

goingoneight
6/22/2010, 11:22 AM
This thread reminds me of the Kevin Wilson bashers before the OU/UF game in 2008. Make no mistake, the moment someone strikes out, they'll be calling for Sunny's head again.

badger
6/22/2010, 11:34 AM
This thread reminds me of the Kevin Wilson bashers before the OU/UF game in 2008. Make no mistake, the moment someone strikes out, they'll be calling for Sunny's head again.

Nah - our offense was up that year so it was Vulnerables bashers in 2008. Kevin Wilson's time came in 2009, when we were a defensive power. :D

rawlingsHOH
6/22/2010, 11:36 AM
It was a very ugly and unjust RAILROAD JOB!

no doubt about it

StoopTroup
6/22/2010, 11:43 AM
If Capel repeats with a season like last years....I will indeed call for his head. He might be a good Coach but he might not be a good Head Coach. Sometimes people can rise to their level of incompetence and sometimes they can rise to it. I hope he rises to it and that last year was a bump in the road but one more and we should be looking for a new Head Coach.

Folks who start spewing about firing asst Coaches are crazy though. You already have a Head Coach. He can fire the assts. He doesn't need your help.

Big Red Ron
6/22/2010, 12:57 PM
Railroad job or not, Cochell should have known better than to make those stupid remarks. Yes, even if they were off camera.

I loved Coach but what he said was just plain stupid!

Collier11
6/22/2010, 01:04 PM
Whether any of us like it or not, you simply cant use that word when you are a representative of a college program. I realize that he wasnt even calling the guy the name, just saying he wasnt that name but still, we live in an ultra PC world these days.

Eielson
6/22/2010, 01:12 PM
It was clear that he was gone once word got out about what he said. It just shouldn't be like that. He was complimenting the kid, and the kid and his family strongly wanted him to stay. That should be the end of the situation. It wasn't, though. White people are evil.