PDA

View Full Version : PAC 16 - 2nd class citizens?

soonervegas
6/6/2010, 08:47 AM
So i have seen two different articles now that have referenced the Pac East champ going to the Fiesta and the Pac West going to the Rose regardless of the outcome of the championship game. If that is part of the deal the Big 12 south schools need to tell the Pac 8 schools to go shove that where the sun don't shine.

I am now hoping Missouri and Nebraska cave this week and the Big 12 just stays together.

PrideTrombone
6/6/2010, 08:50 AM
Angling for 2 guaranteed BCS berths wouldn't be such a bad thing, cause then there's more bowl money to distribute. The Rose Bowl is overrated anyway.

diegosooner
6/6/2010, 09:13 AM
Not sure what to think of that. I'd like for us to go to the Rose Bowl occasionally.

soonervegas
6/6/2010, 09:46 AM
Angling for 2 guaranteed BCS berths wouldn't be such a bad thing, cause then there's more bowl money to distribute. The Rose Bowl is overrated anyway.

The Rose Bowl game is 10 times a better deal than the Fiesta. If it was Orange or Sugar I might agree with you......but Fiesta is much less prestigious than those 3.

Harry Beanbag
6/6/2010, 10:06 AM
I think they know OU and UT will own that conference.

Soonerus
6/6/2010, 11:02 AM
Rose Bowl = Taft Stadium..

TXBOOMER
6/6/2010, 11:11 AM
It isn't like we are going to the Rose now as the Big 12 Champ. I have no problem with the Fiesta. I want to go to the Pac. I will be traveling when we play UCLA or Suc.

MeMyself&Me
6/6/2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'd like to get away from the Fiesta Bowl as well. Always felt we got robbed by being delegated to the least prestigious of the BCS Bowls. However, the thing that bothers me the most about this 'west goes to rose' and 'east goes to fiesta' deal is that to me it seems to give a recruiting edge to the western division when recruiting on a national level. That's not much of a fair partnership in those terms.

Soonermagik
6/6/2010, 12:00 PM
I'm ready to bail on the big 12. OU gets only $9 million a year for tv money. Whereas, crappy big 10 schools are getting double that.

It's in OU's best interest to follow the money and that looks to be with the new big/pac 16.

MI Sooner
6/6/2010, 12:02 PM
I'd like the Rose if it gives us an opportunity to play the Big 10 in a bowl, also it seems to be a more attractive road trip than the Fiesta. But one advantage both bowls have (as a member of the Pac 16 or whatever) is that you wouldn't be playing a neutral/road game, as can happen in the Sugar or Orange (or to the big 10 in the Rose or SEC in the Cotton, etc.)

soonerinkaty
6/6/2010, 12:45 PM
How about Pac-16 winner goes to the Rose, and first loser goes to the Fiesta?

sooner n houston
6/6/2010, 01:16 PM
SoonerVegas, do you have alink to either of theose article?

TIA

HBick
6/6/2010, 01:43 PM

One would have to think the winner would play for the title. But if the upset happens, that would make sense.

47straight
6/6/2010, 04:17 PM
Sounds like typical PAC-10 bull****.

Flagstaffsooner
6/6/2010, 05:09 PM
Here's the prob, we have to drag that albatross osu around with us. Same prob with texass- aTm and tt.

Leroy Lizard
6/6/2010, 06:43 PM
How much bargaining power do we have?

rainiersooner
6/6/2010, 11:24 PM
What does it mean for one bowl to be less prestigious than another? We have no tradition with the rose bowl...so what's the difference between the rose and the fiesta bowl? Other than, I'd rather travel to LA than Phoenix, but aside from that? Don't all BCS bowls pay out similarly?

John Kochtoston
6/7/2010, 12:29 AM

Pretty sure the Fiesta would say no to that one. Besides, the Pac 16 winner would be all but a lock for the BCS title game, so the Rose would likely be getting the No. 2 Pac 16 team anyway.

And, I'd much rather play in the Rose Bowl than the Fiesta. There's nothing exciting about the Fiesta. Limited history and it seems like most OU and Texas folks have a "been there, done that" take on the Fiesta.

PLaw
6/7/2010, 06:30 AM
So i have seen two different articles now that have referenced the Pac East champ going to the Fiesta and the Pac West going to the Rose regardless of the outcome of the championship game. If that is part of the deal the Big 12 south schools need to tell the Pac 8 schools to go shove that where the sun don't shine.

I am now hoping Missouri and Nebraska cave this week and the Big 12 just stays together.

Jerry world needs to come into play with the Cotton Bowl joining the BCS. I would love to see OU play for a national championship in our backyard. That said, the PAC 16 champ should have their choice of The Rose or Cotton, with the runner up getting the other bowl. Never will happen, but it should make you go "hmmmmm".

Boomer

olevetonahill
6/7/2010, 06:54 AM
**** the PAC, **** the Rose
Dont Yall member when we went there with #8?
Those
Bastards didnt want OUR Schooner nor OUR Ponies messing up their Field ?

I will never go out there for a Game Unless we Are there to Kick *** in a BOWL game
****em:mad:

pweitkem
6/7/2010, 07:55 AM
The only reason I think the Pac 10 rumors are at all interesting is the possibility of getting a peice of USC and Oregon every year. Other then that, why would anyone want to play against the Pac 10 teams... they can't beat the WAC. It would be some easy wins, but not sure that's much fun.

And what college kid can make it to Corvalis for a game next Saturday?

Jdog
6/7/2010, 08:45 AM
In bowl terms the fiesta ain't no Grand daddy, it's a pup. Didn't first started in the early 1970s. The great ones were begun pre 40's.

I can remember when everyone at OSU bragged about beating BYWho at the Fiesta and everyone was like "SO WHAT" its a 5th rate bowl game.

The Fiesta sucks - I would rather them commit to the Jerry Jones Bowl than the Fiesta.

47straight
6/7/2010, 08:51 AM
If the Fiesta is just as good as the Rose, then why don't the bluebloods of the PAC-10 want to play there?

TexasLidig8r
6/7/2010, 08:56 AM
Jerry world needs to come into play with the Cotton Bowl joining the BCS. I would love to see OU play for a national championship in our backyard. That said, the PAC 16 champ should have their choice of The Rose or Cotton, with the runner up getting the other bowl. Never will happen, but it should make you go "hmmmmm".

Boomer

Smiley Jones and the Deathstar will be a player in this.

Don't be surprised to see the Fiesta become the home to the upgraded 16 team MWC.

olevetonahill
6/7/2010, 09:18 AM
The only reason I think the Pac 10 rumors are at all interesting is the possibility of getting a peice of USC and Oregon every year. Other then that, why would anyone want to play against the Pac 10 teams... they can't beat the WAC. It would be some easy wins, but not sure that's much fun.

And what college kid can make it to Corvalis for a game next Saturday?

Id like to Play against Mikes Cats , Other than that **** em ,:cool:

Jacie
6/7/2010, 09:25 AM
Don't be surprised to see the Fiesta become the home to the upgraded 16 team MWC.

There is already a precedent for something similar, when the WAC was considered the home team in the old Fiesta Bowl.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/7/2010, 01:14 PM

Can we call him "Face Off" Jones?

Deathstar. That's hilarious. That's what I get for being AWOL for a year.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4978/warofthejerryworld.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/warofthejerryworld.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

TMcGee86
6/7/2010, 01:47 PM

This. Bigtime.

Who says we would take the fiesta bowl with us? That's a Big12 tie-in. Let the revamped (heh) Big12 keep their stupid bowl game.

If the Big Pac becomes a reality, it will be with the Rose and the Cotton. It will be a perfect opportunity to upgrade the Cotton to BCS status and it's a far more fitting enviro not only location-wise but facility-wise as well.

JohnnyMack
6/7/2010, 01:54 PM
This. Bigtime.

Who says we would take the fiesta bowl with us? That's a Big12 tie-in. Let the revamped (heh) Big12 keep their stupid bowl game.

If the Big Pac becomes a reality, it will be with the Rose and the Cotton. It will be a perfect opportunity to upgrade the Cotton to BCS status and it's a far more fitting enviro not only location-wise but facility-wise as well.

Why not, just for fun, allow the PAC-16 to send the western champ, if it's not going to play in the BCS title game get an automatic bid to the Rose and then make the BCS bowls, Fiesta, Cotton, Sugar & Orange?

goingoneight
6/7/2010, 02:55 PM
Why not...

Tech
OSU
KSU
Mizzou
Boise State
Oregon
A&M
Baylor
SMU