PDA

View Full Version : I sent in my Calif. primary ballot today.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/5/2010, 11:31 PM
I didn't vote in a majority of the races... just not familiar with the candidates.

But I did give my vote to Barbara Boxer. I want to see an HP Carly-Boxer match worthy of Ali-Frazier.

And I voted for that San Francisco mayor dude running for Lt. Gov.

I couldn't pull the trigger for Gov. Moonbeam - left governor blank. I'm salivating at the Moonbeam - Meg Whitman race in November.

If you've paid any attention to the pub race for governor in Calif, you know it's a pissing contest: who can **** more on illegal aliens. They both want to round up all illegals and put them in a giant crater and have all legal citizens stand on the edge pissing on them. Whitman's opponent wants to include school children in the crater but Whitman doesn't. Apparently she and $80 million have locked up the pub nomination without pissing on the children.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 11:33 PM
Governor Moonbeam....lol

I wouldn't take you to a dog fight if you was the defending champ.

O2ePp2A_stI

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 11:35 PM
If you've paid any attention to the pub race for governor in Calif, you know it's a pissing contest: who can **** more on illegal aliens. They both want to round up all illegals and put them in a giant crater and have all legal citizens stand on the edge pissing on them. Whitman's opponent wants to include school children in the crater but Whitman doesn't. Apparently she and $80 million have locked up the pub nomination without pissing on the children.

You like to use the word "pissing." :)

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 11:37 PM
Governor Moonbeam....lol

I think he's been called that for about 30 years now.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 11:38 PM
I think he's been called that for about 30 years now.

Well thanks for that bit of info. I'm gonna sleep really good now.

delhalew
6/6/2010, 08:18 AM
So where do I sign up for the crater and pissing on Mexicans thing.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/6/2010, 08:41 AM
So where do I sign up for the crater and pissing on Mexicans thing.

Arizona. You missed Saturday's rally.

http://www.geologie.uni-freiburg.de/root/people/ulmer/ries/arizona.gif

Harry Beanbag
6/6/2010, 09:47 AM
I didn't vote in a majority of the races... just not familiar with the candidates.

Good for you.

But I did give my vote to Barbara Boxer. I want to see an HP Carly-Boxer match worthy of Ali-Frazier.

And I voted for that San Francisco mayor dude running for Lt. Gov.

I couldn't pull the trigger for Gov. Moonbeam - left governor blank. I'm salivating at the Moonbeam - Meg Whitman race in November.

The rest of this post just shows how completely out of touch with reality you are.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/6/2010, 10:23 AM
The rest of this post just shows how completely out of touch with reality you are.

Harry, we disagree on some issues. That doesn't mean I'm out of touch with reality.

It's obvious I was purposely talking nonsense on the crater thing. But it couldn't be more true that Whitman and Poizner are painting each other as secret liberals while dressing up in wolves clothing to appear most like a hard line conservative.

Whitman once campaigned for Barbara Boxer. Poizner once campaigned as 100% pro-choice. But the reality is they must win a pub primary by appealing to core conservatives.

I voted for the Proposition for open primaries (top two candidates face off in general election) so candidates don't have to appeal to the extremes of their parties.

Harry Beanbag
6/6/2010, 10:26 AM
Harry, we disagree on some issues. That doesn't mean I'm out of touch with reality.

You admitted to casting your vote for Barbara Boxer and Gavin Newsom. Clearly, you have a very slim grasp on reality at best.

StoopTroup
6/6/2010, 01:07 PM
I've since sobered up from last night and I still offer no apologies. :D

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 03:43 PM
Do we really GAS about how you voted in a wacky state like Cal. ?:rolleyes:

diegosooner
6/6/2010, 03:57 PM
Go Whitman!

SanJoaquinSooner
6/6/2010, 10:28 PM
Do we really GAS about how you voted in a wacky state like Cal. ?:rolleyes:

Hey vet, this Pac 16 possibility might work out well. If you and the posse come out for a west coast road trip, we can grab a few before or after the game. I'm 3 hours from Stanford and just a hour and a half from Berkeley.

I have no idea why you would GAS about my votes. The title of my thread was quite transparent though. In any case, you might be interested in the races ... who knows - if e-babe Meg Whitman wins maybe she'll go on and become the first female president. Sort of.

And if Chainsaw Carly Fiorina whips Barbara Boxer, surely a few will be dancin' in Little Dixie.

Collier11
6/7/2010, 01:27 AM
Gavin Newsome is a fruit loop, I dont know much about Boxer but what I do know, she seems about the same

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/7/2010, 02:15 AM
Can we put the dems in the pis*-pot crater?

olevetonahill
6/7/2010, 05:12 AM
Hey vet, this Pac 16 possibility might work out well. If you and the posse come out for a west coast road trip, we can grab a few before or after the game. I'm 3 hours from Stanford and just a hour and a half from Berkeley.

I have no idea why you would GAS about my votes. The title of my thread was quite transparent though. In any case, you might be interested in the races ... who knows - if e-babe Meg Whitman wins maybe she'll go on and become the first female president. Sort of.

And if Chainsaw Carly Fiorina whips Barbara Boxer, surely a few will be dancin' in Little Dixie.

jaun , If this shat werks out , Ill pick yer beans and when ya come out here, Ill host yer beans :D
Really , Naw this belongs to its own thread betweenest Me an you !:D

SanJoaquinSooner
6/9/2010, 01:17 AM
1. Jerry Brown gets the liberal label applied, with the liberal judicial appointments and all, but really he's never been an orthodox liberal. More of a libertarian. And now that the pubs have drifted away from libertarianism and embraced gov't control, he may be attractive to more than just ordinary liberals.

Take for example his three main issues of his platform. He hardly sounds liberal. All three positions could be embraced by reasonable pubs.
First, with 2 million Californians out of work, the next governor must put out the welcome mat for jobs. As a mayor, I learned first-hand how to break down regulatory barriers that deter investment and new jobs, and I will do the same as governor.

Second, I promise a budget that is transparent and honest. There will be no tax increases unless the people themselves approve and vote for them.

Third, we need to change the way we govern this state. For example, we must – whenever possible – shift authority away from Sacramento and instead give local governments and school boards the ability to control their own affairs.

2. Chainsaw Carly whipped her limpdick competition in the primary and will face Barbara Boxer. Should be a great battle.

3. The open primary proposition won - a victory for moderates, I think.

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 01:43 AM
[SIZE="4"]1. Jerry Brown gets the liberal label applied, with the liberal judicial appointments and all, but really he's never been an orthodox liberal. More of a libertarian. And now that the pubs have drifted away from libertarianism and embraced gov't control, he may be attractive to more than just ordinary liberals.

Take for example his three main issues of his platform. He hardly sounds liberal. All three positions could be embraced by reasonable pubs.
First, with 2 million Californians out of work, the next governor must put out the welcome mat for jobs. As a mayor, I learned first-hand how to break down regulatory barriers that deter investment and new jobs, and I will do the same as governor.

Second, I promise a budget that is transparent and honest. There will be no tax increases unless the people themselves approve and vote for them.

Third, we need to change the way we govern this state. For example, we must – whenever possible – shift authority away from Sacramento and instead give local governments and school boards the ability to control their own affairs.

They all sound like this when they are RUNNING.

I lived in CA during the Moonbeam years. He is no Libertarian.

Collier11
6/9/2010, 01:45 AM
Leroy, you ever come to OU games...id be interested in drinking a beer with you, honestly

swardboy
6/9/2010, 07:59 AM
I didn't realize Boxer has been in Washington 28 years. The only hope for this country is for real people with real lives to give up a few years in that quagmire.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/9/2010, 09:15 AM
I didn't realize Boxer has been in Washington 28 years. The only hope for this country is for real people with real lives to give up a few years in that quagmire.Lots of (apparent) real people become victims of a beltway criminal culture. Precious few stay "real".

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 10:01 AM
Leroy, you ever come to OU games...id be interested in drinking a beer with you, honestly

Almost never since I now live in AZ. Appreciate the offer though.

olevetonahill
6/9/2010, 10:03 AM

He were expecting YOU to buy.:P

Collier11
6/9/2010, 12:04 PM

He were expecting YOU to buy.:P

Shhhhh, I wasnt gonna tell him til he got to Norman

SanJoaquinSooner
6/9/2010, 03:15 PM

Depends on the issue ... back when he was gov, it was watergate end-of-viet nam era-- practically everybody was a liberal back then.

While he's had liberal (and anti-libertarian) positions such as opposing free trade agreements, he worked with Arthur Laffer (of Reagan supply-side fame) to develop a flat tax replacement for our progressive tax structure for his presidential run.

And certainly his positions on issues such as gay marriage is libertarian. I don't where he stands on the marijuana issues.

My understanding is that he never raised general taxes and actually lowered state income tax. He had a $5 billion surplus but chose not to spend it like you would expect a big liberal to do.

I don't know if I'm going to vote for him or Whitman, but it's plausible he is wiser than his early years with his experience being a mayor.

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 03:28 PM
Depends on the issue ... back when he was gov, it was watergate end-of-viet nam era-- practically everybody was a liberal back then.

He has a habit of shifting his message to go with the flow:

Jerry Brown had been governor for less than a full term when Proposition 13 hit the ballot in June 1978. He was running for reelection that November. Like many other establishment politicians, including future governors (and Republicans) George Deukmejian and Pete Wilson, he feared that by sharply curtailing property taxes, the measure would starve government. A "rip-off," he was quoted as calling it.

But when it passed by a 2-1 margin, Brown became such an advocate, so quickly, that other Democrats railed that he had become Jarvis' best advocate. "Government spending must be held in check," he said days after the election. "We must look forward to lean and frugal budgets."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/28/local/la-me-week28-2010feb28