PDA

View Full Version : FSU Game discussion...

NoleMan
6/5/2010, 06:58 PM
Howdy. Usually hang out on the Fark Section, but we have some serious interest in going to Memorial Stadium on 9/11 if we can find tickets.

Couple of questions...

What sections are for the visiting teams?

How do you think the experience is generally for fans of opposing teams? I know we all have our good and bad fans, but was curious.

Where do people hang out or tail gate?

Thanks.

yermom
6/5/2010, 07:13 PM
i don't think they have officially announced the board tailgates yet, but usually they are near Boyd and Jenkins on the North side of the street, West of the Casablanca building on the corner. look for a post here at some point.

there are plenty of other places though. there isn't really a big one designated. it's kinda just where people park near the stadium. some people start setting up the day before in reserved parking areas.

here is a seating chart:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/genrel/auto_pdf/2008_memorial_stadium_gates.pdf

visitors generally sit up high in the South Endzone and the South end of the East side from what i can tell. somewhere in sections 34-40, it seems.

generally our fans seem friendly to opposing fans. i've never really heard any complaints, usually the other way around.

IronHorseSooner
6/5/2010, 07:15 PM
I can tell you this, that living down here in FLA, of all fans from the state of FLA, you all are the most likable. UF fans are a bunch of obnoxious morons, and you need to be fully armed when you go disagree with a scUM fan. You all actually understand football, and have been successful for far longer than those other morons. I look forward to the game.

I was reading that, besides Ponder, that your other strength is your OL. As well, I also learned that there is very little experience at WR and RB, and that the RBs have been in Fisher's doghouse.

soonervegas
6/5/2010, 07:46 PM
You should get treated well at about a 15 to 1 ratio. Stop by Campus Corner too.....grab a beer and talk to some Sooner fans.

MojoRisen
6/5/2010, 07:50 PM
i am looking forward to this game, we will see who is the better coach. FSU has some talent.... They are real inconsistent, all I know is they beat the **** out of BYU a couple of weeks after we lost to em....

Collier11
6/5/2010, 07:55 PM
If you show up and hang out, drink some beer with OU fans, shake some OU fans hands, and dont run your mouth like a bunch of smart aces you will be treated with the utmost respect. I cant ever recall talking to a non conference opponent who visited Norman who wasnt treated like kings.

Ou doesnt have a designated tailgating area like alot of schools which sucks but you will see people tailgating in all directions of the stadium pretty much.

There are several good bars around campus to hang out at before and after the game. Campus corner is a 5 minute walk North of the Stadium

NoleMan
6/5/2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the input! Man, I REALLY want to go to this game. Sure, I'd love to win, but Memorial's one of "The Cathedrals" of college ball. Just have to make those kind of road trips.

FYI, they only gave our boosters 5k tickets. It's really tight right now.

In terms of the game, if things hold true to form, we should score some points. Our O is the strength, and Ponder is a legitmate Heisman contender. An experienced, solid OL that's been together now as a unit for 4 years now. While they don't get the pub, I think we have some great RB depth and WRs are very talented but need to prove themselves. It's the D that's really suspect, especially upfront. Won't say it will be a shoot out, because you still will have a very solid defensive unit this year, but we'll have to score a lot to stay in the game.

I've heard you have not lost at home in 6 years? Yikes!

yermom
6/5/2010, 11:25 PM
not since the opener in 2005

Jason White's Third Knee
6/5/2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah, it's a tough place to play, and the crowd will be psyched to play FSU.

Our fans are pretty good overall... especially at home. I've been to some bowl games and seen some of our fans act like clowns though. Not at home.

Be cool. Have fun. Talk good natured smack if you feel like it. You'll fit right in.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 11:41 PM
Noleman...you should drop by the SoonerFan TG. As Yermom stated. We ain't never BBQd any visitors...of course OU/+exas is on neutral ground. :D

NoleMan
6/6/2010, 08:28 AM
I can tell you this, that living down here in FLA, of all fans from the state of FLA, you all are the most likable. UF fans are a bunch of obnoxious morons, and you need to be fully armed when you go disagree with a scUM fan. You all actually understand football, and have been successful for far longer than those other morons. I look forward to the game.

I was reading that, besides Ponder, that your other strength is your OL. As well, I also learned that there is very little experience at WR and RB, and that the RBs have been in Fisher's doghouse.

Heh Heh! I can already tell we're going to get along great!:)

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the input! Man, I REALLY want to go to this game. Sure, I'd love to win, but Memorial's one of "The Cathedrals" of college ball. Just have to make those kind of road trips.

FYI, they only gave our boosters 5k tickets. It's really tight right now.

In terms of the game, if things hold true to form, we should score some points. Our O is the strength, and Ponder is a legitmate Heisman contender. An experienced, solid OL that's been together now as a unit for 4 years now. While they don't get the pub, I think we have some great RB depth and WRs are very talented but need to prove themselves. It's the D that's really suspect, especially upfront. Won't say it will be a shoot out, because you still will have a very solid defensive unit this year, but we'll have to score a lot to stay in the game.

I've heard you have not lost at home in 6 years? Yikes!

IIRC, Stoops has only lost twice on Owen Field in 11 years.

DentonSoonerFan
6/6/2010, 08:45 AM
Just don't mention the name Mike Balogun.

JLEW1818
6/6/2010, 09:38 AM
Noleman I'll be coming down to your place in 2011

hope to see you this year too.

Soonermagik
6/6/2010, 10:26 AM
I heard the nole fans were really cool at the 2000 national title game. I actually used to have a noles and OU starter jacket back in the day. Seriously, I always pull for FSU when they play, except when it's OU.

It helps that Stoops has his brother down there too. I think in a few years FSU will have one of the better D's around.

yermom
6/6/2010, 10:55 AM
oh man, i forgot about Mark Stoops

TXBOOMER
6/6/2010, 10:57 AM
FSU is gonna receive a beat down and we probably will when we go there. It is cool to schedule these big athletic schools but it sucks to travel to their place. People will be cool as long as you are. It isn't like going to LSU or Florida where their a diks galore.

Harry Beanbag
6/6/2010, 10:58 AM
IIRC, Stoops has only lost twice on Owen Field in 11 years.

Another side benefit of playing Texas in Dallas every year.

bluedogok
6/6/2010, 11:00 AM
Another side benefit of playing Texas in Dallas every year.
They get to say the same thing about DKR as well.

Harry Beanbag
6/6/2010, 11:04 AM
Of course.

yermom
6/6/2010, 11:11 AM
seems they have lost 6 in the same time period

NCState (99)
KSU (99,07)
Arkansas (03)
tOSU (06)
A&M (06)

Harry Beanbag
6/6/2010, 11:13 AM
That's because Texas sucks. :D

NoleMan
7/1/2010, 04:57 PM
These series are pretty good overviews of each of FSU's units, for those that want to learn more about your 9/11 opponent.

This starts with a review of the running game, which we're expected to do a lot of to mix it up with Ponder's throwing, but the other reviews are on the right.

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/06/17/10/FSU-Football-Preview-Running-Backs/landing.html?blockID=255762&feedID=6421

badger
7/1/2010, 05:12 PM
Anyone ever respond to you sufficiently? If not, here goes:

Our stadium has a separate south endzone section, which is usually where visitors sit. There is a little section of the lower southeast corner of the stadium where your band will likely be blaring Ahhhhhh! Ahhhh-Ahhh-ahh-ahhhh! if they attend also.
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/owen-field.jpg
This would be your view if you sat in the south endzone. Not too shabby, eh? We've scalped tix to these areas before and they are fun.

How do you think the experience is generally for fans of opposing teams? I know we all have our good and bad fans, but was curious.
Excellent. We love when fans come to town, spend money and make the game exciting.

Thanks.

Tailgate with SoonerFans.com. It's required. You're a resident opposing poster. :D

Collier11
7/1/2010, 05:19 PM
You have to tailgate with SFs, Olevet will be back to tailgating this year and you have to meet VET, that in itself is worth the trip :D

soonerboy_odanorth
7/1/2010, 05:53 PM
Howdy. Usually hang out on the Fark Section, but we have some serious interest in going to Memorial Stadium on 9/11 if we can find tickets.

Couple of questions...

What sections are for the visiting teams?.

Sections 35, 36, and 40. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/genrel/auto_pdf/2008_memorial_stadium_gates.pdf

Generally you'll be treated royally, right up until you get to the stadium gates. Then each visiting team's fan gets a bamboo caning until they are soaked in their own crimson blood. This has the effect of making sure the entire stadium is clad in crimson, and scares the visiting players that they do not have any support in the stands. And we generally like to beat the crap out of the visiting band's instruments so they sound more like that tinny flea circus band from old Warner Bros. cartoons. In the case of your band's annoying war chant drone we will be taking extra care to crush your brass instruments.

Thanks.

Check back early the week of 9/4 and I'm sure SF.com tailgate info will be posted, and that is always a good place to start. A lot of the rest of the good tailgating can be found if you follow Jenkins Ave. south to the stadium and just past.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

JLEW1818
7/1/2010, 06:19 PM
home game, gotta like our chances!

Collier11
7/1/2010, 06:32 PM
Home game, we win by 2 TDs, I have respect for FSU and I think Fisher will do a good job but we are the better team, especially at home. In Tallahassee it would be a toss up

soonerfromgeorgia
7/1/2010, 07:08 PM
Don't know if I'll make the 2010 game, but I'll be at the 2011 since I live 35 miles away.

oudavid1
7/2/2010, 12:48 AM
im pumped for Utah State, cant even imagine Florida State

OUstud
7/2/2010, 01:16 AM
seems they have lost 6 in the same time period

NCState (99)
KSU (99,07)
Arkansas (03)
tOSU (06)
A&M (06)

Say what you will about Ron Prince, but he knew how to slay him some Longhorn. :D

olevetonahill
7/2/2010, 02:16 AM
You have to tailgate with SFs, Olevet will be back to tailgating this year and you have to meet VET, that in itself is worth the trip :D

Not to mention Ya gots to sample the OVJ ;) :D

NoleMan
7/2/2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks for all the updates. We have our plane reservations and hotel at least now, but no tickets. They only gave 5k to our boosters and I don't give enough I guess! :confused:

There are some out there on Ebay and StubHub, and I'm working the other boosters I know. We'll GIT-R-DONE.

And after looking at my new Athlon Sports College Football preview, I agree, don't think we'll win either there. OU's #5 preseason. Looking at the units ranked natioanlly, OU's RB score #5, WRs score #3, DL at #5, LBs at #4. So, it's clear that despite the major losses to the NFL, there's plenty of talent coming back. The key seems to be if Landry Jones can progress as a Quarterback.

We're #13, and have the #2 OL supposedly and some of the best special team players in the country. Ponder is legit, and I think we'll have to try to run, but in the end, it's going to be in the air.

OU 27 - FSU 13.

BUT...

In the spirit of the unconquered, I'll be there come hell or high water. Whooin' all day long baby! Let's just hope they do bring the band. One of the best (and most annoying for opposing fans) bands in the country. You'll be in for a long day if they show up. :P

And I'll definitely find the SF tailgating area. :pop:

PLaw
7/2/2010, 08:12 AM

Couple of questions...

Thanks.

You will experience a great college atmosphere and will be treated with down home Oklahoma hospitality which means class and respect. There may be some friendly, good natured "goading", but nothing malicious or undignified. You will certainly have a much better game day experience, regardless of the outcome, than what you have when you visit Gainsville.

I'm headed up to the game with my son, his friend from their HS team, and his friend's dad (who happens to be big 'Nole alum). We've been planning this for about year.

Can't wait for this one - it's like Bama coming to town. Please bring 'ol Bobby with ya.

BOOMER

rawlingsHOH
7/2/2010, 08:44 AM

about 99% hospitable. don't expect anything less than to run into gracious hosts.

SunnySooner
7/2/2010, 08:54 AM
Don't worry, Noleman, you'll have a great time, and you'll be treated very well. Does FSU have an alumni club in OK or OKC? Sometimes you can get tickets thru them, I've done that in the past to away OU games. Or, you can prolly just wait til you get there and buy tickets outside the stadium, whenever I've been there's always people selling, though I haven't been in a while, so maybe these other guys could confirm or deny that. I thought my next door FSU alum neighbors and I were gonna road trip back to OKC to crash at my mom's and go to the game, but instead I'll be picking up Mr. SS as he returns from his 13 month deluxe sandbox vacation and finishing our move. Crappy timing, thanks a lot to the Army for that one.:mad: I REALLY wanted to go, should be a great game, almost feels like a bowl game. And between the war chant and Boomer Sooner, we'll drive the rest of the country nuts, I think those are the two most hated fight songs by other fans, tee hee.

There are a LOT of great games on that day...PennSt./Bama, scUM/tOSU, ND/Mich, Oregon/Tenn., etc. I foresee lots of quality time with my honey, my TV and my couch on that day, good times.

As for 9/11...y'all remember this? I thought it was allsome, it was just a couple weeks after it happened.
http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/TAM/xlg/Texas-AM-University-Stadiums-Kyle-Field-Red-White--Blue-Out-TAM-S-KF-00003xlg.jpg

BTW, FSU fans need to send a memo to wear gold, if y'all wear your garnet, you'll blend into the crimson, the colors are pretty dang close.

MiccoMacey
7/2/2010, 09:02 AM
I've said all spring...FSU scares me more than any other team we'll play. That includes Texas.

If this game were in Tallahassee, I'd say FSU would be favored.

A senior returning starting QB who'd started for much of the last two years, an OLine that has played together for much of those three years, and a RB crew that is athletic and deep. Not a bad description of a winning team on offense.

Good luck and hope you get to make the game.

owenfieldreams
7/2/2010, 09:33 AM
The contrast and ultimate outcome may rest on the respective O-lines. They're the #2 ranked O-line unit and our biggest question mark id our O-line.

If ours gells, lookout, we're going to be real good.

soonerboomer93
7/2/2010, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't stub hub or e-bay the tickets. You have a decent chance of being able to pick them up at the game. I plan on trying to go, and if I do so will just pick some up around there.

There's also a swap forum on here you'll see tickets on.

Either that, or i'll have to mug yermom again.

badger
7/2/2010, 10:36 AM
As for 9/11...y'all remember this? I thought it was allsome, it was just a couple weeks after it happened.
http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/TAM/xlg/Texas-AM-University-Stadiums-Kyle-Field-Red-White--Blue-Out-TAM-S-KF-00003xlg.jpg

Yeah, A&M did a t-shirt thing, but we had a field-sized flag.

NoleMan
7/5/2010, 11:07 AM
BTW, FSU fans need to send a memo to wear gold, if y'all wear your garnet, you'll blend into the crimson, the colors are pretty dang close.

We're Garnet Darnit. Administration and boosters often send out emails "to wear your garnet" to games.

Having said that, I did email the President of the Boosters to suggest something along those lines. We may come out in white. Notre Dame did that in Doak a few years ago. Had a "white out". Looked pretty cool in our stadium. Of course, with 5k in white, it would probably look like a dot in Memorial.

Frozen Sooner
7/5/2010, 11:50 AM
We're Garnet Darnit. Administration and boosters often send out emails "to wear your garnet" to games.

Having said that, I did email the President of the Boosters to suggest something along those lines. We may come out in white. Notre Dame did that in Doak a few years ago. Had a "white out". Looked pretty cool in our stadium. Of course, with 5k in white, it would probably look like a dot in Memorial.

Psst. White's a lot closer to one of our official colors than it is one of yours. If you come wearing white nobody's going to even notice you.

delhalew
7/5/2010, 12:41 PM
Wait till you get a load of our D this year. Ponder better have that chinstrap on tight. With a Stoops running defense for ya'll, I would expect rapid improvement.

Enjoy Memorial!

freshchris05
7/5/2010, 02:29 PM
Feel free to bring them... http://thesportsunion.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/68758553_03363467d0.jpg

soonerboomer93
7/5/2010, 02:44 PM
+1

yermom
7/5/2010, 03:00 PM
is Jenn Sterger still on that show on Vs.?

i'd bet she'll be there at least

Rocko
7/5/2010, 05:27 PM
Don't worry, Noleman, you'll have a great time, and you'll be treated very well. Does FSU have an alumni club in OK or OKC? Sometimes you can get tickets thru them, I've done that in the past to away OU games. Or, you can prolly just wait til you get there and buy tickets outside the stadium, whenever I've been there's always people selling, though I haven't been in a while, so maybe these other guys could confirm or deny that. I thought my next door FSU alum neighbors and I were gonna road trip back to OKC to crash at my mom's and go to the game, but instead I'll be picking up Mr. SS as he returns from his 13 month deluxe sandbox vacation and finishing our move. Crappy timing, thanks a lot to the Army for that one.:mad: I REALLY wanted to go, should be a great game, almost feels like a bowl game. And between the war chant and Boomer Sooner, we'll drive the rest of the country nuts, I think those are the two most hated fight songs by other fans, tee hee.

There are a LOT of great games on that day...PennSt./Bama, scUM/tOSU, ND/Mich, Oregon/Tenn., etc. I foresee lots of quality time with my honey, my TV and my couch on that day, good times.

Is there any word about a RED, WHITE, and BLUE-out for the 9/11 game. Personally I think that would be excellent!

85Sooner
7/5/2010, 06:12 PM
I would like them to introduce Barry Switzer and Bobby Bowden at the coin toss and name them honorary head coaches for the game. ( and actually let them coach the first quarter.) heh THAT WOULD BE FUN.

Collier11
7/5/2010, 06:40 PM
Barry would be drunk and Bobby wouldnt know where he was, dadgum

NoleMan
7/5/2010, 06:55 PM
Feel free to bring them... http://thesportsunion.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/68758553_03363467d0.jpg

Actually, the newer crop is much better, although I swear to Buddha, they're really nowhere indicative of a large number of co-eds on campus. When I went there, it was 3-1 women. Needless to say, good times!:)

http://warchant.com/photofeature.asp?SID=1061&fid=33350

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/F693433.JPG

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/F693419.JPG

NoleMan
7/5/2010, 06:56 PM
Psst. White's a lot closer to one of our official colors than it is one of yours. If you come wearing white nobody's going to even notice you.

Well, dadgum it. What are we gonna wear?? I ain't got no mustard.

C&CDean
7/6/2010, 09:50 AM
1. I'll be putting up the SF.com tailgate info soon.

2. Never worry about tickets. There'll be plenty at the tailgate.

3. Ever had a swirly in a porta-pot?

NormanPride
7/6/2010, 10:19 AM
Dean's swirlies are the best.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/6/2010, 03:03 PM

Again, especially after we administer the requisite "bamboo caning until they bleed" at the gate.

I thought I was clear on that.

C'mon... catch up, Froze...

KantoSooner
7/6/2010, 03:26 PM
Actually, the newer crop is much better, although I swear to Buddha, they're really nowhere indicative of a large number of co-eds on campus. When I went there, it was 3-1 women. Needless to say, good times!:)

http://warchant.com/photofeature.asp?SID=1061&fid=33350

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/F693433.JPG

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/F693419.JPG

My poor little benighted nephew goes to FSU. Now I understand why the lil shiite a) has a grin carved into his face and, b) why he doesn't want his favorite uncle to come for a relaxing visit.

NoleMan
7/6/2010, 07:27 PM
My poor little benighted nephew goes to FSU. Now I understand why the lil shiite a) has a grin carved into his face and, b) why he doesn't want his favorite uncle to come for a relaxing visit.

Ask him about the Reservation! :D

NoleMan
7/7/2010, 07:24 AM
Some profile information on Ponder...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andrew_perloff/07/06/2011.draft/index.html#ixzz0svCRu7xf

Not really a big fan of these preseason campaigns, but they did one. We didn't do one for Ward or Weinke. But he could win it on the field without this. :confused:

Anyway...Great kid. Incredible student. Already has an MBA but came back for his senior season. http://www.cp7forheisman.com/

gaylordfan1
7/7/2010, 09:02 AM
I have NEVER not been able to get tickets at the stadium.... Even for big games. The hardest ticket to get was in '08 against TTU.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/9/2010, 12:14 PM
I have NEVER not been able to get tickets at the stadium.... Even for big games. The hardest ticket to get was in '08 against TTU.

Yup... and they were SPENDY! (Except from connections...connections are good ;) )

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:39 PM
Not at all, I got 4 tix to the osu game in Norman a few years back when both teams were pretty darn good for $80. The key is to wait up until 30 minutes or less until kickoff

NoleMan
7/9/2010, 06:14 PM
Not at all, I got 4 tix to the osu game in Norman a few years back when both teams were pretty darn good for $80. The key is to wait up until 30 minutes or less until kickoff

Man, I've already plunked some coin on air, hotel and car. Not to mention BOOZE, of course, unless I go to the SF Tailgate (which I will!). Not sure I got the 'nads to wait that long.

BTW, just so you know how important this game is to our Boosters, a message from our administration back to me...

Right now there are NONE. Because OK sells their stadium out each year… they give the opposing teams only 5,000 total tickets… so with players, coaches, president, band etc… we have less than 3600 to distribute. They are like gold.

olevetonahill
7/9/2010, 06:42 PM
Bro, If it makes you feel better then go ahead and Buy yer Tics ahead of time

But like has been said Ya can Find Tics before the game at the TailGate or right out in front from sellers

Ive only ONCE not gotten a Ticket there. That was the Cincy Game in 08 when we were making the Run for the MNC.
I could have gotten one but i wouldnt pay the price they wanted.
So I stayed and drank beer and watched on the TeeVee at the TG:D

Collier11
7/9/2010, 06:49 PM
Man, I've already plunked some coin on air, hotel and car. Not to mention BOOZE, of course, unless I go to the SF Tailgate (which I will!). Not sure I got the 'nads to wait that long.

BTW, just so you know how important this game is to our Boosters, a message from our administration back to me...

Right now there are NONE. Because OK sells their stadium out each year… they give the opposing teams only 5,000 total tickets… so with players, coaches, president, band etc… we have less than 3600 to distribute. They are like gold.

You will be fine to wait but if you dont want to take the chance because of the commitment youve already made, go to stubhub. Ive found decent prices there and the tickets are guaranteed

olevetonahill
7/9/2010, 06:51 PM
Plus check out the Swap forum here, "Sooner Insider" has a ticket swap selling thing also. I believe

NoleMan
7/16/2010, 08:16 PM
You'll love all this...

Based upon the conversations I'm having with major boosters (and I'm one, but not that large), this ticket is GOLDEN. Haven't had that much interest in years.

Second, most major services give us a 25% chance of winning, so if we come, we're coming to getting a butt whuppin.

Third, we ain't got nothing but Garnet, darnit, and that's probably what we'll be a wearin'. Mustard just doesn't work. You can wear the cream if you want. PLUS, with so little tickets, they're afraid if we do wear something distinctive, we'll look like we don't travel well in a sea of 80K.

WHATEVER.

Spirit of the Unconquered. I'm there, butt whuppin' or not. Just gotta get two tickets!:rolleyes:

Collier11
7/16/2010, 08:22 PM
Itll be fun either way but like I told ya, if you are worried about tix just go here. Their tix are guaranteed and they have some available

http://www.stubhub.com/ou-football-tickets/oklahoma-vs-florida-state-9-11-2010-937574/

NoleMan
7/16/2010, 08:25 PM
Itll be fun either way but like I told ya, if you are worried about tix just go here. Their tix are guaranteed and they have some available

http://www.stubhub.com/ou-football-tickets/oklahoma-vs-florida-state-9-11-2010-937574/

I've looked at all those, and am not worried frankly. Really, the difference between getting them at the School, and any of those, is $40. Not material. I'll be there for my butt whuppin. Count on it.

Now..Let's talk about the Tail Gate!

Collier11
7/16/2010, 08:26 PM
Thats where the butt whippin is, you leave the tailgate to head to the game and you may have to get a ride after SoonerFans loads you up on free booze :D

NoleMan
7/16/2010, 08:34 PM
Thats where the butt whippin is, you leave the tailgate to head to the game and you may have to get a ride after SoonerFans loads you up on free booze :D

If it tops that last UF game we had at home, I'm IN. All I remember is standing in front of their band, in the POURING rain, chompin' my *** off. No clue how I got to the opposite end of the stadium, or got back to my seat.

You Sooners are ON baby!

oudavid1
7/16/2010, 10:22 PM
great thing about buying OU tickets, you can never pay to much

Vegas Sooner
7/17/2010, 12:22 AM
You're a r'tard if you don't go. Please don't wear a Wal-Mart Peterson or Bradford jersey either. It will look like you didn't go to OU or you are WT.

Vegas Sooner
7/17/2010, 12:24 AM
great thing about buying OU tickets, you can never pay to much

*****TOO Much****** You look like an Oklahoma state grad. Let that be a lesson!

NoleMan
7/17/2010, 08:19 AM
What's your take on this...

[ev10.evenue.net]

FLORIDA STATE
Event Date: Saturday, September 11, 2010 at time TBD

Onsale Date: Monday, August 2, 2010 at 12:01 am

Apparently for $25 extra there is a "presale" event on 7/27

Single Game Pre-Sales:
Ticket Marketplace Members Sale:
12:01AM, Tues. July 27th.
-You must have a Ticket Marketplace membership purchased by Monday July, 26 at noon to be eligible for this pre-sale.
- You must login first for this sale, by clicking here.

TICKET MARKETPLACE MEMBERSHIP
Click here to purchase your Ticket Marketplace Membership
Only one (1) membership is required to purchase tickets on Ticket Marketplace.
One (1) membership allows you to purchase up to 8 tickets in a single event.

[ev10.evenue.net]

bonkuba
7/17/2010, 09:24 AM
You're a r'tard if you don't go. Please don't wear a Wal-Mart Peterson or Bradford jersey either. It will look like you didn't go to OU or you are WT.

Didn't go to OU. I still chuckle when I read or hear this. No offense I just have seen many an idiot rant on this board about being a real fan. I know you didn't mean that but I just had to chime in :D

bakerjrb
7/17/2010, 05:56 PM

[ev10.evenue.net]

FLORIDA STATE

Single Game Pre-Sales:
-You must have a Ticket Marketplace membership purchased by Monday July, 26 at noon to be eligible for this pre-sale.

[ev10.evenue.net]

It's a useful resource.
Primarily the tickets posted on this site are OU season ticket holders who sell those tickets that they're not going to use (at face value).
There will be lots of tickets posted for the Utah State game.
FSU, probably not so much.
Texas, never.
But, a good deal if you can find what you want.

Good luck with your search for tickets, but not with the game. :)

Boomer!

jrb

MichiganSooner
7/18/2010, 07:16 PM

[ev10.evenue.net]

FLORIDA STATE

Single Game Pre-Sales:

[ev10.evenue.net]

I have used Ticket Marketplace in some past seasons; sometimes I have found tickets on the 50 yard line. But it is not a good way for you to get your tickets, Nole. You pay $25 fee and can buy tickets from season ticket holders who are not going to game and you pay 15% over face. Like someone else said, chances are not too good that any for your game will be offered by season ticket holders. And, if a person signs up for ticket marketplace, they are able to buy tickets thru the ticket office a few days prior to when they go up for sale to the public. The Florida State game will not have any tickets to sell for FSU ahead of August. They will only have some tickets to sell for FSU game if the FSU ticket office returns them to OU to sell and I seriously doubt that will happen; if it does it will be during game week. Save your $25.
You can come to Norman and buy tickets around campus and around the stadium from people walking around holding them up in the air. I can just about guarantee you will find tickets on gameday just walking around and will likely pay face value for this game. Wait long enough and the price will come down; but you will miss kickoff.

NoleMan
7/24/2010, 08:30 AM
Watch in awe (and forget this was a 7-6 team!:D )

Seriously, great vid for students of the game and those scouting your opponent. Reid's a serious contender for AA honors. A shut down corner that's deadly returning kicks or punts. Some good footage on Ponder. Looks to be back to 100%.

OU has a major D, and ours if iffy so far this year, so I give us about 25% chance of winning, but will a great game to go to and watch anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kti0EwgzFMA

JLEW1818
7/24/2010, 08:32 AM
I'm looking forward to 2011, at your place.

NoleMan
7/24/2010, 08:55 AM
I'm looking forward to 2011, at your place.

Man, let's remember this and stay in touch! We have a great board (www.theterritory.org) that a lot of us hang out on and has a great tailgate.

You'll LOVE Tally, particularly "the scenery". :)

JLEW1818
7/24/2010, 09:01 AM
for sure

badger
7/24/2010, 09:30 AM
If it hasn't been mentioned enough already, the game is on September 11.

Stoops turns 50 two days before.

Honor Stoops and America in victory! :)

JLEW1818
7/24/2010, 09:40 AM
hey badger!

badger
7/24/2010, 05:13 PM
hey jlew.

NoleMan
8/15/2010, 08:24 PM
Whoo Hoo! Boosters called and gave me two tickets. We're in.

sooneron
8/15/2010, 08:51 PM
Be sure to be in your seats BEFORE the Pride (Band) takes the field. It's pretty special to see. My yankee wife was in awe when she saw it for the first time.

Soonermagik
8/15/2010, 09:06 PM

Awesome!! You will have a good time. BTW, I met some good gator fans in the NC game, but plenty of turds for sure.

I got so sick of the.. It's great to be a florida Gaytor chants. :rolleyes:

MrJimBeam
8/16/2010, 06:29 AM

NoleMan's excitment is contagious. I got a fevor for football......more cowbell!!

NoleMan
8/16/2010, 08:24 AM
NoleMan's excitment is contagious. I got a fevor for football......more cowbell!!

Ask, and ye shall receive!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM&feature=related

oudavid1
8/16/2010, 12:45 PM
I wanna see the Pride and everyone honor our country, my high school team played are rival last year on 9/11 (which is a big deal to me) so me and my Army friends (there both at basic training now) got an idea.....
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10/oudavid1/FootballOKFlag.jpg
Im the guy with the Oklahoma flag behind him, and another friend of mine was behind me with another Ole Glory....
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs270.snc1/9724_1113736050681_1445310805_30598545_4391337_n.j pg

NoleMan
9/7/2010, 08:26 AM
Wow. 8.5 under dogs?

Into the valley of death we come boyz!;)

Soonermagik
9/7/2010, 08:29 AM
Wow. 8.5 under dogs?

Into the valley of death we come boyz!;)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d726b3127ccefb5a9122db2900000030O01QcsmTJqzYg9 vPhg/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

btk108
9/7/2010, 09:54 AM
Noleman I'll be coming down to your place in 2011

hope to see you this year too.

Is it ok with the judge for you to cross state lines?

Okie35
9/7/2010, 10:00 AM
Wow 9 point favorites.

Vegas Sooner
12/11/2010, 07:27 PM
The Dude abides