PDA

View Full Version : Watching the administration bumble through this oil spill dealio...

Okla-homey
6/5/2010, 01:24 PM
is like a kid watching me play X-box. You know, "you're doing it wrong!"

At least the 'Pubs know how to fix this kind of shat. Remember when Saddam fired-off thousands Kuwaiti wells and broke-up all the pipelines spilling oil into the Arabian Sea? My boys called in Halliburton and the gang and got all that stuff taken care months before anyone thought possible.

Meanwhile, the President of the United States is washing pelicans.

yermom
6/5/2010, 01:29 PM
yeah, but how many women would have been raped in the process?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/5/2010, 01:33 PM
We... RAPED THE HORSES!

Aaaaaaand we... RODE OFF ON THE WOMEN!

JohnnyMack
6/5/2010, 01:49 PM
Halliburton have any experience trying to cap a well that's 5,000 feet below water?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/5/2010, 01:54 PM
I do.

Okla-homey
6/5/2010, 02:07 PM
Halliburton have any experience trying to cap a well that's 5,000 feet below water?

I doubt it. But I bet they could figure it out if the Brits would hire them. American oil-field service men are exceptional problem-solvers.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 02:10 PM
Maybe we could plug that hole with Palin and Limbaugh.....

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 02:10 PM
But Halliburton is one of those EEEEEVIL Corporations!

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 02:12 PM

This joke rates a :eek:

Tulsa_Fireman
6/5/2010, 02:18 PM

Maybe we could plug that hole with MANBEARPIG

Tulsa_Fireman
6/5/2010, 02:20 PM
http://www3.allaroundphilly.com/blogs/phoenixville/phoenixfiles/uploaded_images/man_bear_pig-784421.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 02:20 PM
This joke rates a :eek:

84,000 strong.....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125721827457718&v=wall&ref=search

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 03:13 PM
We could plug the oil well with... with... with Michael Moore. He's really fat.

Har! Har! Har!!! FUNNY!!!

Skysooner
6/5/2010, 03:53 PM

At least the 'Pubs know how to fix this kind of shat. Remember when Saddam fired-off thousands Kuwaiti wells and broke-up all the pipelines spilling oil into the Arabian Sea? My boys called in Halliburton and the gang and got all that stuff taken care months before anyone thought possible.

Totally different circumstance. Those Kuwaiti fires were unprecendented, but the techniques used on them go back decades. This is cutting edge stuff the industry is doing here. The government would just screw it up.

The main reason to be pissed about the whole thing is the way the government let BP get away with numerous violations that spanned both Republican and Democratic Presidencies.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 03:55 PM
We could plug the oil well with... with... with Michael Moore. He's really fat.

We could plug the well with... with... with.... your Mom!! She had you!!!

MR2-Sooner86
6/5/2010, 06:05 PM
84,000 strong.....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125721827457718&v=wall&ref=search

Yup, that's a bright group of people there.

Write to your local paper. We must STOP people like Palin, big oil, and supporters of the tea party from further destroying this country.

Mother Nature is saying, "You like oil? Want to screw around where you don't belong, where you are clueless and careless about how you treat me? Here ya go. Have some OIL, baby! Drink up. There's more where that came from!!!!"

As with 911, we should build a slogan, 'Never forget that Corporate Greed caused the 2010 gulf catastrophe.''

Well, if we hadn't blown up,drilled,and contaminated her for the last 100 yrs.,I think she would be in good shape.But,U can only blast,poke and tear something for so long and things are gonna go wrong.

I do dont understand why there is a picture of OUR president with the symbol of the swastika behind him??? WTF! Does that sapose to mean??? Didnt the swastika symbol die off with Adolf Hitler ???? Grrr.... I just dont ...get some things!! People can never leave nothing alone. I swear!

My prayers - if I was the praying kind - go out to the poorly educated among us. For they are at the mercy of the bad people just like everyone else but they neither anticipate nor understand what happens. Worse, they can't spell or write coherently.

Jesus Christ some people really have **** for brains.

Crucifax Autumn
6/5/2010, 06:14 PM
I vote this as silliest thread of the day.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:18 PM
Yup, that's a bright group of people there.

Write to your local paper. We must STOP people like Palin, big oil, and supporters of the tea party from further destroying this country.

Mother Nature is saying, "You like oil? Want to screw around where you don't belong, where you are clueless and careless about how you treat me? Here ya go. Have some OIL, baby! Drink up. There's more where that came from!!!!"

As with 911, we should build a slogan, 'Never forget that Corporate Greed caused the 2010 gulf catastrophe.''

Well, if we hadn't blown up,drilled,and contaminated her for the last 100 yrs.,I think she would be in good shape.But,U can only blast,poke and tear something for so long and things are gonna go wrong.

I do dont understand why there is a picture of OUR president with the symbol of the swastika behind him??? WTF! Does that sapose to mean??? Didnt the swastika symbol die off with Adolf Hitler ???? Grrr.... I just dont ...get some things!! People can never leave nothing alone. I swear!

My prayers - if I was the praying kind - go out to the poorly educated among us. For they are at the mercy of the bad people just like everyone else but they neither anticipate nor understand what happens. Worse, they can't spell or write coherently.

Jesus Christ some people really have **** for brains.

The internet is serious business.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:28 PM
I vote this as silliest thread of the day.

The silliest thread of the day should be made about Palin claiming the oil leak is the fault of the environmentalists. Yeah, moose mcnugget brain actually said that.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 06:40 PM
We could plug the well with... with... with.... your Mom!! She had you!!!

Or your dad! That's even funnier!

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 06:43 PM
[I]I do dont understand why there is a picture of OUR president with the symbol of the swastika behind him??? WTF! Does that sapose to mean??? Didnt the swastika symbol die off with George Bush????

FIFY

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:44 PM
Or your dad! That's even funnier!

Way to mix it up!

Stitch Face
6/5/2010, 06:47 PM
The silliest thread of the day should be made about Palin claiming the oil leak is the fault of the environmentalists. Yeah, moose mcnugget brain actually said that.

I haven't heard that regarding Palin, but if it's in reference to the notion that pressure from environmentalists has prompted more drilling in the deep sea (where equipment is harder to install and accidents are harder to fix) as opposed to along the coast (where pipeline is easier to install securely and problems are more readily handled) then...it kinda makes sense.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:51 PM
I haven't heard that regarding Palin, but if it's in reference to the notion that pressure from environmentalists has prompted more drilling in the deep sea (where equipment is harder to install and accidents are harder to fix) as opposed to along the coast (where pipeline is easier to install securely and problems are more readily handled) then...it kinda makes sense.

Sarah Palin blaming environmentalists for the BP oil spill is like me blaming PETA for the bacon I just ate.

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2010, 06:52 PM
I doubt it. But I bet they could figure it out if the Brits would hire them. American oil-field service men are exceptional problem-solvers.

You know Halliburton isn't based in the US anymore, right?

yermom
6/5/2010, 06:52 PM
sadly, i think Palin has a point

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:58 PM
sadly, i think Palin has a point

Well, she might have a point. One time I went on a diet and I actually GAINED weight. So I went off the diet and ate an entire box of Ding Dongs in one sitting. I ballooned like a walrus and my skin broke out so bad I couldn't leave the house for a week, but damn those were some good Ding Dongs. And I really think that's what Sarah's trying to tell us here.

Stitch Face
6/5/2010, 07:03 PM
Sarah Palin blaming environmentalists for the BP oil spill is like me blaming PETA for the bacon I just ate.

Why would someone blame someone else for bacon? You didn't cause bacon.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:14 PM
Oh, maybe it's like quitting to prove you're not a quitter?

Stitch Face
6/5/2010, 07:16 PM
Oh, maybe it's like quitting to prove you're not a quitter?

Are you talking to yourself?

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:21 PM
I find it ironic that conservative idiots like Palin are usually the ones that are so gung ho for fossil fuels while they simultaneously don't believe in fossils...

That's for you, Stitch Face. Keep up.

yermom
6/5/2010, 07:25 PM
heh

Turd_Ferguson
6/5/2010, 07:26 PM
I find it ironic that conservative idiots like Palin are usually the ones that are so gung ho for fossil fuels while they simultaneously don't believe in fossils...

That's for you, Stitch Face. Keep up.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=45838

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:34 PM
Where's the death panels, Sarah? Healthcare reform has passed and you promised me in no uncertain words that there would be death panels!!

I need to see the DEATH!!

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 07:42 PM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-markay/2010/04/27/despite-dismissive-media-palins-death-panels-resurface-wh-rationing-

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:51 PM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-markay/2010/04/27/despite-dismissive-media-palins-death-panels-resurface-wh-rationing-

Nice website, Leroy. Did you get a free coloring book with your subscription?

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:57 PM
One last gem from the Barbie article: This is one of several comments about the oil spill Palin has made that has caused a stir, including a tweet in which she said we shouldn't trust BP because it is a foreign oil company. Guess who worked for BP for 18 years?

That's right, back seat snow-mobile Todd Palin.

Poor Barbie, she's totally lost.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 07:59 PM
Nice website, Leroy. Did you get a free coloring book with your subscription?

Gee, it sounds like you have no real response.

Turd_Ferguson
6/5/2010, 08:01 PM
Throw a rock into a pack of dogs...the one that yelps is the one that got hit.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 08:03 PM
Gee, it sounds like you have no real response.

Gee, it looks like you dug up a website that makes The Enquirer look like The Wall Street Journal.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 08:19 PM
Gee, it looks like you dug up a website that makes The Enquirer look like The Wall Street Journal.

The man talking in the video is Peter Orszag. You know who he is, don't you?

ndpruitt03
6/5/2010, 08:20 PM
I'm all for ripping Obama when he deserves this but I'm not sure there's much any government can really do about this situation now that it's happened. If they don't want this to happen again we need to dig in more reasonable areas that won't be near as hard to get to. Trying to get us off oil is just a bad idea and would end in a bigger disaster than this oil spill will end up being.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 08:22 PM
We need solar-powered warships, dude!

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 08:29 PM
The man talking in the video is Peter Orszag. You know who he is, don't you?

Yeah, goof. I know who he is.

though we're still in the process of deciphering its contents -- will create a Palinian death panel, not to "euthanize granny," but simply to ration care.

Gotta love faux hysteria journalism.

Good grief, where's the jerking-off smiley when you need one.

ndpruitt03
6/5/2010, 08:31 PM
There was a John Stossel show two weeks ago about this.

q5f7LEt-l2E

The math on going to green simply doesn't work.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah, goof. I know who he is.

though we're still in the process of deciphering its contents -- will create a Palinian death panel, not to "euthanize granny," but simply to ration care.

Gotta love faux hysteria journalism.

Good grief, where's the jerking-off smiley when you need one.

If you're looking for a panel actually called a "Death Panel," or if you're looking for panels that explicitly state "we will kill people" then yeah, you're right. No such thing exists. In that sense, Palin is wrong.

But (get this), I think Palin was talking about a panel in which had the ability to ration the type of care that would be available. In that sense, she may be right.

Now, how about a response that doesn't resort to histrionics? Can you manage it?

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 08:59 PM
Can you manage a day, an hour, a post where you're not acting like you've been huffing paint your whole life?

Speaking of histrionics, I'm out. No way I'm missing the un-cut extended version of Blade Runner.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 09:03 PM
Can you manage a day, an hour, a post where you're not acting ...

No, he can't.

GKeeper316
6/5/2010, 10:36 PM

blaming the president for this is like blaming bob stoops for it as well...

do you really think BP isnt doing everything they can to cap this gushing well 5k feet below the surface of the gulf?

thats potential profit covering those pelicans.

the last time a deep sea well mishap like this happened, it took over a year to contain it.

there are a great many things you can lay on the shoulders of elected officials. this aint one of em.

ndpruitt03
6/5/2010, 10:38 PM
blaming the president for this is like blaming bob stoops for it as well...

do you really think BP isnt doing everything they can to cap this gushing well 5k feet below the surface of the gulf?

thats potential profit covering those pelicans.

the last time a deep sea well mishap like this happened, it took over a year to contain it.

there are a great many things you can lay on the shoulders of elected officials. this aint one of em.

If you want to complain about him not allowing the bumper thing or not allowing the oil boom stuff or whatever. I can see that. But for the actual explosion, it's like blaming Bush for Katrina.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 11:07 PM
Nick and Leroid should get married in Conneticut.

GKeeper316
6/5/2010, 11:12 PM
If you want to complain about him not allowing the bumper thing or not allowing the oil boom stuff or whatever. I can see that. But for the actual explosion, it's like blaming Bush for Katrina.

o i know... one thing ill never hold against bush is the fact that... ITS A HURRICANE. YOU CAN SEE THE DAMN THING COMING MORE THAN A WEEK AWAY!!!!!!

he told them all to get the **** out. they didnt.

GKeeper316
6/5/2010, 11:15 PM
There was a John Stossel show two weeks ago about this.

q5f7LEt-l2E

The math on going to green simply doesn't work.

the math doesnt work, right now.

we dont stop trying to better our lives and our planet because it costs a lot.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 11:16 PM
Obama still hasn't told folks to avoid the beach...the bastage is sending them down there to work! WTF? I thought he was gonna make this a welfare state.

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/01/30/ba_tar_0101_kr.jpg

ndpruitt03
6/6/2010, 12:07 AM
the math doesnt work, right now.

we dont stop trying to better our lives and our planet because it costs a lot.

That kind of reasoning leads us to being like Greece or Spain or California. Completely broke.

VeeJay
6/6/2010, 04:46 PM
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/01/30/ba_tar_0101_kr.jpg

http://crashrecords.co.uk/online/shopimages/sections/thumbnails/devo.jpg

Harry Beanbag
6/6/2010, 04:53 PM
nm