PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Classic Programming Alert: III

Sooner04
6/4/2010, 09:35 PM
Tomorrow at noon you'll see the game that got Dick Vitale axed from calling OU BBall games for nearly a decade. From Cameron Indoor Stadium, it's Oklahoma and Duke. Angelo Hamilton and Grant Hill. Jeff Webster and Cherokee Parks. Bryan Sallier and Antonio Lang.

We don't win the game, but we put on one of the greatest late game comebacks you'll ever see. Vitale told us to start the bus and get on back to Norman, but we came ALL the way back to send the game to overtime.

This was also the scene of the last, I think, 360 in-game dunk by a Sooner. Angelo Hamilton brought the crowd to a VERY loud hush after that play.

Pricetag
6/4/2010, 10:48 PM
That game was the last hurrah for the Billy Tubbs Sooners.

Sooner04
6/4/2010, 11:08 PM
That's true. The '93 season went into a bit of a tailspin after that game. I think jkm may have been in attendance that night.

okienole3
6/4/2010, 11:12 PM
I remember that game.

Sooner04
6/5/2010, 02:27 PM
Damn you, John Wooden! I've been screwed over by a man who won piles of national championships on the back of a slush fund that'd make Halliburton blush!

kc sooner
6/5/2010, 09:39 PM
Yeah I remember that game i worked until 8 that night and couldn't wait to get home and see how we would do against Duke, it was a fun game!

Pricetag
6/5/2010, 11:21 PM
It's academic baby!

Only it wasn't.

sooner518
6/7/2010, 12:38 PM
why did Vitale get axed from doing OU games ?

Sooner04
6/7/2010, 12:48 PM
Duke was running away from us in the second half. One of their token floor slappers, I can't remember which one, got a dunk and the place went nuts. Vitale was screaming by then, and he kept saying, "start the bus, baby! Start the bus back to Norman!"

Then we go on a furious comeback and send the game to overtime.

Vitale didn't do another OU game until the Texas Tech game in Lubbock in 2002. He didn't make a trip to Norman again until the Texas game in 2003.

OUmillenium
6/8/2010, 09:56 AM
Seems like Bryant Vann had a solid game. I will never forget that Angelo Hamilton dunk. It was in overtime if I remember correctly. Still have this game on tape upstairs.

OUmillenium
6/8/2010, 09:57 AM
Also, I think Hamilton did a 360 v KU in the Big 8 tourney, but I could be mistaken.

Sooner04
6/8/2010, 10:57 AM
I can't remember if Bryatt Vann had a solid game or not, but I know Bryan Sallier sure did.

I still get pissed thinking about him tearing up his knee in the '92 Big 8 Tournament. That team was REALLY starting to play some good ball. Then we go out and lose to SW Louisiana in Tempe (a 13-seed). I hope we never play another BBall game in the state of Arizona EVER again.

cheezyq
6/9/2010, 07:30 AM
I can't remember if Bryatt Vann had a solid game or not, but I know Bryan Sallier sure did.

I still get pissed thinking about him tearing up his knee in the '92 Big 8 Tournament. That team was REALLY starting to play some good ball. Then we go out and lose to SW Louisiana in Tempe (a 13-seed). I hope we never play another BBall game in the state of Arizona EVER again.

Ugh. The Rajin' Cajuns. I hated that game.

Eielson
6/9/2010, 09:35 AM
I hope we never play another BBall game in the state of Arizona EVER again.

One more for the anti-Pac-16 crowd?