PDA

View Full Version : The Walrus Worships Obama, Takes Aim At Bush

VeeJay
6/4/2010, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLEfMhTkHs&feature=player_embedded

He's talking about libraries. Heh. When Bush was getting his MBA at Harvard, Pool was doing droogs and writing Silly Love Songs.

Can't the mf'er accept his award without doing the Dodd-Pelosi act?

Tasteless and disrespectful - and extremely boorish is how one would characterize this display. To a nation that has embraced him for generations and made him fortunes many times over.

Sad and pathetic.

Flagstaffsooner
6/4/2010, 09:15 PM
Sir douchbag

Curly Bill
6/4/2010, 09:18 PM
That was just stupid.

Sooner04
6/4/2010, 09:20 PM
John Lennon was the Walrus.

Nnpil_pRUiw

Flagstaffsooner
6/4/2010, 09:23 PM

Nnpil_pRUiwAnd you are the egg in the face man when Vet is thu with you.:(

Collier11
6/4/2010, 09:24 PM
Just cus you are famous doesnt mean people give a sh*t about your opinions, STFU Paul

VeeJay
6/4/2010, 09:26 PM

Lennon sang "The Walrus was Paul" in Glass Onion.

If it's that big of a deal, I'll gladly alter the thread title to "The Obama Worshipping Sh*theel Takes Aim At Bush" or something similar. :pop:

Sooner04
6/4/2010, 09:28 PM
That's true. Good point.

Didn't "Veejay Records" have rights to some of the Beatles earliest catalog?

olevetonahill
6/4/2010, 09:31 PM
Some peeps kids are just Ignorant :D

Flagstaffsooner
6/4/2010, 09:35 PM
That's true. Good point.

Don't you think the Posse laughs at you?:D

olevetonahill
6/4/2010, 09:37 PM
Don't you think the Posse laughs at you and thinks yer a doosh?:D

:eek:

TUSooner
6/4/2010, 10:58 PM
Just because a person is famous doesn't mean he can't have opinions.
GTFOI.

Sheesh, if knee-jerk opinions were wisdom, we'd be a race of sages. instead of a race of stuoid, gullible, jabbering parrots. :rolleyes:

One dog barks at nothing, the rest bark at him.

Stitch Face
6/4/2010, 11:22 PM
Just because a person is famous doesn't mean he can't have opinions.
GTFOI.

Sheesh, if knee-jerk opinions were wisdom, we'd be a race of sages. instead of a race of stuoid, gullible, jabbering parrots. :rolleyes:

One dog barks at nothing, the rest bark at him.

Confuscius say what?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/5/2010, 12:57 AM
Paul was joking of course, but let's look at the Bush record. Old Man Bush prided himself as being an "education president" and thought the American with Disabilities Act was his signature domestic accomplishment. Well, of course that Act is a liberal's wet dream if there ever was one.

And then Dubya conspired with Teddy to give us No Child Left Behind, so that instead of reading books from a library and writing, students focus on test prep for multiple choice tests.... it's all about "covering" material.

It's not like Paul bragged about banging a ragheaded teabagger.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 10:26 AM
And then Dubya conspired with Teddy to give us No Child Left Behind, so that instead of reading books from a library and writing, students focus on test prep for multiple choice tests.... it's all about "covering" material.

We've been through this already. The supposed evils that have cropped up should be pointed directly at school districts and their pathetic attempt to meet standards, not NCLB.

As for the Walrus, he needs to air out his political comments in forums related to politics.

85Sooner
6/5/2010, 10:50 AM
Just lost alot of repect for Paul so he's done getting my and my families money for concerts, dvd's cd's etc....

SanJoaquinSooner
6/5/2010, 11:12 AM
We've been through this already. The supposed evils that have cropped up should be pointed directly at school districts and their pathetic attempt to meet standards, not NCLB.

Would you favor an analogous piece of legislation for higher ed institutions that receive any federal funds?

1890MilesToNorman
6/5/2010, 11:15 AM
Go back to Liverworst Pauly bore.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 11:29 AM
The thing that kind of amazes me in the first post is that someone's drug use is an issue when it comes to G.W. Bush? I mean really? Are any of you seriously going to defend G.W. Bush and state that he never did drugs or had a serious drug problem? Really?

And before you do...if you do...I'm gonna go ahead and LMAO and call bull****.

1890MilesToNorman
6/5/2010, 11:38 AM
Bush experience the college scene and Sir Paul experienced the rock and roll scene, I fail to see any difference between the two?? :rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
6/5/2010, 12:26 PM
Laura Bush is a librarian.

George W. Bush married her before she became one.

Ergo, I'm pretty certain he's been in a library before.

Okla-homey
6/5/2010, 12:49 PM
GWB: Yale undergrad, Harvard MBA, fighter pilot, Governor of Texas, two-term POTUS, MLB team owner. Married Laura Welch, one of the finest women on the planet -- I read her memoir on my recent trip. Raised two well-adjusted and accomplished daughters.

Paul McCartney: Extremely successful singer and writer of pop music. Failed marriages to a Kodak heiress and some one-legged bimbo.

Advantage GWB

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 12:57 PM
Would you favor an analogous piece of legislation for higher ed institutions that receive any federal funds?

No, because I oppose federal interference in public schooling.

I opposed NCLB on states-rights grounds. The contents of the law don't disturb me particularly.

I certainly don't blame our current ills on the establishment of rigorous standards; that's for losers.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 12:58 PM
The thing that kind of amazes me in the first post is that someone's drug use is an issue when it comes to G.W. Bush? I mean really? Are any of you seriously going to defend G.W. Bush and state that he never did drugs or had a serious drug problem? Really?

State the evidence. Is it just anecdotal?

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 02:26 PM
Just lost alot of repect for Paul so he's done getting my and my families money for concerts, dvd's cd's etc....

I bet he's just devastated.

Sooner04
6/5/2010, 02:31 PM
GWB: Yale undergrad, Harvard MBA, fighter pilot, Governor of Texas, two-term POTUS, MLB team owner. Married Laura Welch, one of the finest women on the planet -- I read her memoir on my recent trip. Raised two well-adjusted and accomplished daughters.

Paul McCartney: Extremely successful singer and writer of pop music. Failed marriages to a Kodak heiress and some one-legged bimbo.

Advantage GWB
Paul McCartney helped write the Abbey Road medley.

GWB listened to the Abbey Road medley.

Advantage Paul McCartney.

You guys shouldn't let your politics bleed into your other ventures. I don't give a flip what Paul McCartney think about politics and I don't give a flip what GWB thinks about music. Oh, and Paul's marriage to Linda wasn't a failed marriage, unless you consider her untimely death from breast cancer a failure.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 02:40 PM
GWB: Stole an election, Iraq, New Orleans, Credit Crisis, Housing Crisis,
"Three out of four Americans…blame President Bush's economic policies for making the country worse off during the last eight years.”-Rausmussen Poll 2008.

Paul McCartney: wrote silly love songs....

Advantage Paul McCartney

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 03:09 PM
Paul McCartney helped write the Abbey Road medley.

GWB listened to the Abbey Road medley.

Advantage Paul McCartney.

You guys shouldn't let your politics bleed into your other ventures. I don't give a flip what Paul McCartney think about politics...

Isn't that what started the whole discussion? The fact that Paul thinks we give a flip about his political opinions?

Sooner04
6/5/2010, 03:10 PM
GWB: Stole an election
Incorrect.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 03:16 PM
"Three out of four Americans…blame President Bush's economic policies for making the country worse off during the last eight years.”-Rausmussen Poll 2008.

Paul McCartney: wrote Ebony and Ivory....

Advantage GWB

Fixed. Katrina, the economy, Iraq will all dissipate over time. We are stuck with that horrid excuse for a song forever. A pox on Paul McCartney!

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 03:46 PM
Incorrect.

OU didn't lose a basketball championship in '88 either......

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 04:03 PM
State the evidence. Is it just anecdotal?

Of course you'd be one to take that angle. Just the fact that anyone takes that angle at all with W is proof enough.

Btw...Laura is a nice Lady and played the traditional role of First Lady. She had a decent role model in her MIL and probably got a ton of advice on not only being First Lady but how to handle W's ego when it got out of control. There's no evidence to prove anything like this happened but most of us can tell it occurred.

Homey saying those kids were well adjusted as a result of Laura might be true but not many of us have the United States Secret Service to go and pickup our kids when they get out of control either.

Defending W's antics when he was blowing his weight in coke and drinking himself into a private rehab. Yeah. Pickup an old sports illustrated leroid. Obviously you aren't a history teacher. Probably you're a janitor that is sitting a some PHDs desk while he's passed out everyday on his office floor.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 04:09 PM
Let's hear it for the well-adjusted daughters!

http://www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/jenna_bush_drunk.jpg

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 04:13 PM
Exactly.

SCOUT
6/5/2010, 04:25 PM
College kids drinking and partying makes them poorly adjusted? Who knew?

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 04:30 PM
College kids drinking and partying makes them poorly adjusted? Who knew?

Sure, all we need now is some guy taking her from behind dressed in a clown suit.

MR2-Sooner86
6/5/2010, 05:45 PM
Is anybody surprised? Remember Sir Paul is a animal rights wacko. Also, I'm surprised people jump on Paul but John Lennon's views were waaaaaaay out there yet people never utter a peep about them.

Crucifax Autumn
6/5/2010, 05:56 PM
Paul's been a far left liberal since the 60s for Christ's sake. I like the guy and his musical legacy. I'm not going to change my opinion about him over one speech anymore than I'm gonna stop listening to Stranglehold just because Nugent is a far right conservative.

Who gives a **** if someone has an opinion? I still watch The Usual Suspects on occasion even though Stephen Baldwing as a right wing religious loon and I still watch his brother's movies and **** even though he's a left wing loon.

Collier11
6/5/2010, 05:58 PM

Paul McCartney: wrote silly love songs....

Advantage Paul McCartney

you can have your opinions about all that other stuff but give me a frickin break with the "stole an election" crap. This has been put to bed many a time.

Crucifax Autumn
6/5/2010, 06:13 PM
Not really...Everyone loks at the same thing and has opposite opinions. Truth is, oddly enough, both sides are right.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:15 PM
you can have your opinions about all that other stuff but give me a frickin break with the "stole an election" crap. This has been put to bed many a time.

Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day they'll actually count all those ballots in Florida.

Crucifax Autumn
6/5/2010, 06:18 PM
They already did.

In a recount of the counties Gore sued to have recounted Bush wins. In a recount of the entire state like Bush wanted, Gore wins.

So technically, Gore got more votes, but sued for the wrong thing. By the time the SC got around to ordering a full recount it was too late.

So like I said, both sides are right in this argument...and also wrong.

Collier11
6/5/2010, 06:26 PM
Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day they'll actually count all those ballots in Florida.

Been done, been put to rest.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 06:30 PM
Of course you'd be one to take that angle. Just the fact that anyone takes that angle at all with W is proof enough.

What angle? I just asked a couple of simple questions. I honestly don't know the answers to them.

And you didn't answer them.

Collier11
6/5/2010, 06:33 PM
We all know that the popular vote doesnt matter

Bush vs Gore
Electoral vote 271 266
States carried 30 20 + DC
Popular vote 50,456,002 50,999,897

From an article about the situation

"The final result in Florida was slim enough to require a mandatory recount (by machine) under state law; Bush's lead had dwindled to about 300 votes by the time it was completed later that week. A count of overseas military ballots later boosted his margin to about 900 votes."

"On December 12, the Supreme Court ruled in a 5–4 vote that the Florida Supreme Court's ruling requiring a statewide recount of ballots was unconstitutional, and that the Florida recounts could not be completed before a December 12 "safe harbor" deadline, and should therefore cease and the previously certified total should hold. The Supreme Court's decision was an unsigned or "Per Curiam" ruling; the ruling was “limited to the present circumstances” and could not be cited as precedent"

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:34 PM
Been done, been put to rest.

The Supreme Court stopped the re-count. So it hasn't been done, been put to rest, Jethro.

Crucifax Autumn
6/5/2010, 06:36 PM
When the media consortium did a full recount of Florida, Gore had more votes in the majority of scenarios. The scenarios Bush pushed for would have had Gore win, the ones Gore pushed for would have had Bush win.

In other words, they were both dumbasses.

Turd_Ferguson
6/5/2010, 06:37 PM
KC, you do the Memphis in May thing again this year?

Collier11
6/5/2010, 06:39 PM
The Supreme Court stopped the re-count. So it hasn't been done, been put to rest, Jethro.

already answered that above Bart

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:39 PM
KC, you do the Memphis in May thing again this year?

The relatives did, but not me.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 06:42 PM
When the media consortium did a full recount of Florida, Gore had more votes in the majority of scenarios. The scenarios Bush pushed for would have had Gore win, the ones Gore pushed for would have had Bush win.

In other words, they were both dumbasses.

Hey, at least it wasn't Gore's limo that was getting pelted with eggs on inauguration day. :D

Collier11
6/5/2010, 06:43 PM
Gore was too busy inventing global warming to be president anyway :D

Curly Bill
6/5/2010, 06:54 PM

LOL...

You're a frickin loon. :O

Stitch Face
6/5/2010, 07:00 PM
Not to get all misty-eyed and patriotic here, but Paul's comment pisses me off not as a democrat/republican/liberal/conservative/whatever but as an American. I never cared much for Bush while he was president and I like Obama a lot less, but I think a foreigner making such a comment while receiving an award as a guest on our soil is totally classless. Had he (or any other limey git) made a similar comment about Obama a couple years after his presidency I would think "who the f are you to criticize our leaders?" Kind of a chicken**** move, as well, to make snarky comments after the commentee has retired from public life.

And because Paul looks like an old British woman.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:02 PM
LOL...

You're a frickin loon. :O

And you're still an old curmudgeon.

Curly Bill
6/5/2010, 07:03 PM
And you're still an old curmudgeon.

That's it? You couldn't come up with any new hillbilly names to break out? I mean that is your ultimate form of putdown right? :O

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:04 PM
Not to get all misty-eyed and patriotic here, but Paul's comment pisses me off not as a democrat/republican/liberal/conservative/whatever but as an American. I never cared much for Bush while he was president and I like Obama a lot less, but I think a foreigner making such a comment while receiving an award as a guest on our soil is totally classless. Had he (or any other limey git) made a similar comment about Obama a couple years after his presidency I would think "who the f are you to criticize our leaders?" Kind of a chicken**** move, as well, to make snarky comments after the commentee has retired from public life.

And because Paul looks like an old British woman.

Pssssssst.......foreigners have been taking shots at Bush for years. Paul just pulled a Dixie Chicks.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:08 PM
That's it? You couldn't come up with any new hillbilly names to break out? I mean that is your ultimate form of putdown right? :O

If I want to put you down, I'll just refer to your lack of basketball skills.

Curly Bill
6/5/2010, 07:09 PM
If I want to put you down, I'll just refer to your lack of basketball skills.

Heh, you're not even fun anymore.

Had your spirit broken huh? ;)

Stitch Face
6/5/2010, 07:17 PM
Pssssssst.......foreigners have been taking shots at Bush for years. Paul just pulled a Dixie Chicks.

The Dixie Chicks are foreigners?

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:18 PM
Heh, you're not even fun anymore.

Had your spirit broken huh? ;)

It's hard to have fun when you're posting on Soonertimes.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 07:26 PM

Nnpil_pRUiw

Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.

Name that quote for $100, Mookie.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 09:24 PM
What angle? I just asked a couple of simple questions. I honestly don't know the answers to them.

And you didn't answer them.

Everyone here knows you and the way you take sides like a kid who doesn't care whether or not he gets grounded or the **** kicked out of him as long as it's attention Bro. Most folks grow out of that.

Anyway...he never got busted just the same as Ted Kennedy got out of his automobile problems but we all know his Wife and his Family have liked the sober "W" much more and he even has stated he hasn't touched alcohol since 1987. Most people who don't have addiction problems don't go around making a big deal about being sober since 1987 Leroid.

The most notorious episode, reported in numerous diverse sources including U.S. News & World Report on November 1, 1999, Secrecy & Privilege: Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq by Robert Parry, First Son: George W. Bush and the Bush Family Dynasty by Bill Minutaglio, and W: Revenge of the Bush Dynasty by Elizabeth Mitchell, has 26-year-old Bush visiting his parents in Washington, D.C. over the Christmas vacation in 1972, shortly after the death of his grandfather, and taking his 16-year-old brother Marvin out drinking. On the way home Bush lost control of the car and ran over a waste container, but continued home with the garbage can wedged noisily under the car. When his father, George H. W. Bush, called him on the carpet for not only his own behavior but for exposing his younger brother to risk, George W., still under the influence, appears to have retorted angrily, "I hear you're looking for me. You wanna go mano-a-mano right here?" Before the elder Bush could reply, the situation was defused by brother Jeb, who took the opportunity to surprise his father with the happy news that George W. had been accepted to Harvard Business School.

Also...

Former British foreign Secretary Lord Owen recalls the time in 2002 when the Commander in Chief collapsed while sitting on a sofa watching a football game. (Official cause: he’d choked on a pretzel.) The Presidential head hit a table on the way to the floor, he suffered an abrasion on the left side of his face, and a blood sample was rushed to Johns Hopkins Hospital , in Baltimore. Owen says he was told by a British doctor who had visited Johns Hopkins that lab technicians there found that the blood contained significant amounts of alcohol."

I know...at least he didn't shoot anyone with a shotgun.

There are plenty of other things that while not felonies or actual Prison or Official Rehab moments....it would lead one to believe that our Former President has a past he didn't like to talk about or even be accused of.

There is also plenty of speculation that the reason "W" didn't make all those calls to duty in the National Guard was because he was hot and didn't want to be drug tested. They kind of frown on pilots who get high in the National Guard I hear. Of course that isn't conclusive proof for a guy like you even though it was pretty obvious there was something wrong. I mean it was the early 70's and all and nobody was getting high....lol

Flight physical

By regulation, National Guard pilots were required to take and pass an annual physical in order to remain in flight status, in the three months prior to a pilot's birthday (in Bush's case, July 6). Bush did not take this mandatory physical examination in mid-1972, thus ending his pilot's career. He did not fly after April 15, 1972.

As a result of his failure to take his physical, his flight status was suspended by his commander on August 1, 1972, confirmed by Col Bobby Hodges on September 5, 1972 and confirmed again by a National Guard Bureau order on September 29, 1972, which meant he no longer was authorized to fly as a pilot.

Although he had taken the physical twice previously by flight surgeons, Bush says that he wanted to wait to take the physical until it could be done by his own private doctor. Regulations require that the physical be performed by an Air Force doctor. Air Force Flight Surgeons were assigned to Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Alabama, where Bush purportedly drilled in October and November 1972 and in January 1973. There is no record of his attendance in the 187th Alabama ANG. The Alabama unit’s commanders say they never saw Bush or any paperwork showing he performed drills there. However a January 1973 document references a dental exam that Bush received at the Alabama base.

There is no record of a physical being taken in either 1972 or in 1973, the last two years in which Bush attended drills. According to his released military records, Bush never flew again as a National Guard pilot after April 1972, and was suspended from flying on August 1, 1972.

Stitch Face
6/5/2010, 09:26 PM
Cocaine's a helluva drug

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 09:31 PM
I don't even really give two ****s about "W's" past addiction problems...again...I just thought it was odd that someone had a problem with Sir Paul doing drugs. Paul is a wacko and I don't care for much of his view of the World. Famous people should really refrain from comments like that as I agree...he lives in a glass house bigger than most of us.

I do find it funny that this Forum can have a huge bunch of folks screaming to have drugs legalized and then suddenly if it's a politician someone is head over heals about...it's OK for him...it's just Paul McCartney that's ****ed up.

I love hypocrisy...now there is a problem that will never be solved or able to be regulated by any law. :D

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 09:39 PM
Everyone here knows you and the way you take sides like a kid who doesn't care whether or not he gets grounded or the **** kicked out of him as long as it's attention Bro. Most folks grow out of that.

Anyway...he never got busted just the same as Ted Kennedy got out of his automobile problems but we all know his Wife and his Family have liked the sober "W" much more and he even has stated he hasn't touched alcohol since 1987. Most people who don't have addiction problems don't go around making a big deal about being sober since 1987 Leroid.

So we're talking about alcohol now? (I thought we were talking about cocaine.)

There are plenty of other things that while not felonies or actual Prison or Official Rehab moments....it would lead one to believe that our Former President has a past he didn't like to talk about or even be accused of.

I don't like begin accused of being a coke addict either. That doesn't make me a former coke addict.

You seem to employ a lot of vague allusions. If the evidence that points to GWB being a former cokehead is just anecdotal, just say so.

There is also plenty of speculation...

That's worthless.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 09:54 PM
Leroid....addiction is addiction.

"W" tried it all just as did nearly every damn rich kid in Merica in the 1970's.

Talk about worthless....this is just another shining example of how worthless it is for you to try and defend not only "W" but most anything really.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 09:59 PM

"W" tried it all just as did nearly every damn rich kid in Merica in the 1970's.

Talk about worthless....this is just another shining example of how worthless it is for you to try and defend not only "W" but most anything really.

Could you state the relevance again, Le'roid is just not getting it.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:02 PM
Could you state the relevance again, Le'roid is just not getting it.

lol...I guess....

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 10:08 PM

So here is the evidence we have stacked up so far:

1. Addiction is addiction. (Hard to argue against that logic. But was W addicted to cocaine?)

2. A lot of people did it. (Yeah, but did W?)

So in other words, for all your bluster you have nothing.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 10:11 PM
So here is the evidence we have stacked up so far:

1. Addiction is addiction. (Hard to argue against that logic. But was W addicted to cocaine?)

2. A lot of people did it. (Yeah, but did W?)

So in other words, for all your bluster you have nothing.

Gee, it sounds like you have no real response.

soonerhubs
6/5/2010, 10:12 PM
John Lennon's Music >>>>>>>>>> Paul McCartney's Music

Just saying. :)

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:14 PM
Gee, it sounds like you have no real response.

Same as usual.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 10:16 PM
John Lennon's Music >>>>>>>>>> Paul McCartney's Music

Just saying. :)

In the Beatles, maybe. After the Beatles, not so much, imo.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:17 PM
Yep. Lennon should have never left Paul but then Venus and Mars would never have been alright.

Leroy Lizard
6/5/2010, 10:19 PM
Same as usual.

Once you are able to find any evidence whatsoever on W snorting coke, let me know. Until then, I'm stepping out of this thread so that you two can be together.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 10:28 PM
Once you are able to find any evidence whatsoever on W snorting coke, let me know. Until then, I'm stepping out to huff more paint.

Educating the youth of America, ladies and gentlemen!

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:29 PM
Once you are able to find any evidence whatsoever on W snorting coke, let me know. Until then, I'm stepping out of this thread so that you two can be together.

I can tell you're ghey but not into gang bangs.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:31 PM
http://thegrassyknollonline.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/bush_cocaine_small.jpg

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:31 PM
http://bcclist.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/bush-coke.jpg

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:32 PM
http://****ifoundontheinternet.com/img/Random/george_w_bush_cocaine.jpg

Type in S h i t where the *s are leroid.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:34 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XJseql2u5l0/SQOFmvJLHdI/AAAAAAAADFI/K5sVPSRqJJ4/s400-R/bush-billboard-cocaine.jpg

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:35 PM
I rest my case. :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lcSO69qyKPs/SQWb7aFXmKI/AAAAAAAAA9o/JzuBG3xAgWE/s320/george-bush-cocaine-in-the-white-house-globe.jpg

Thank goodness Oprah went with diet. :D

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2010, 10:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/soonerhoosier/bush-cocaine.jpg

SbOrOiNaEnR
6/5/2010, 10:37 PM

Yes.

http://www.beatlesbible.com/images/releases/introducing_the_beatles.jpg

http://www.friktech.com/btls/lp1062-1.jpg

Introducing the Beatles came out about a year before this:

http://991.com/newGallery/The-Beatles-Meet-The-Beatles-428133.jpg

...which is the album that most everyone in America fell in love with in 1964. I have a counterfeit LP of Introducing the Beatles I bought in Chicago (in Obama's neighborhood, strangely enough) for $10. A real one would be worth 1,000 times that.

Introducing the Beatles is Please Please Me without "Ask Me Why" and "Please Please Me." Strange, but true.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:39 PM
^LOL

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/5/2010, 11:10 PM
Just lost alot of repect for Paul so he's done getting my and my families money for concerts, dvd's cd's etc....I was just starting to get interest in seeing his live concert, and then he shi*s out his mouth, again.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/5/2010, 11:13 PM
No, because I oppose federal interference in public schooling.

I opposed NCLB on states-rights grounds. The contents of the law don't disturb me particularly.

I certainly don't blame our current ills on the establishment of rigorous standards; that's for losers.

States rights grounds? States can opt out by foregoing federal funds.

The bottom line is NCLB is a dude in need of major revision or tossed in the dumpster.

So you aren't opposed to states imposing rigorous standards on universities? Maybe test all students with exit exams? Set rigorous standards to make sure professors are "highly qualified?" Are 95% of college graduates really proficient in their major? in their general education coursework?

Funny, that there are almost no state or federal standards on universities with respect to student outcomes or competency of instructors. Are they losers? Why are they against rigorous standards in these two areas? How is it we can have the world's best universities without state and federal standards on student outcomes and instructor competency?

Really Leroy, let's leave that Soviet Union central planning $hit buried.

Being in education yourself, surely you know how the law of unintended consequences rears its head whenever well-intended policy changes occur.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 11:15 PM
Being in education yourself, surely you know how the law of unintended consequences rears its head whenever well-intended policy changes occur.

Shirley?

http://www.breakingthetape.com/keeping-pace/Shirley%20Temple.bmp

VeeJay
6/6/2010, 04:40 PM
http://991.com/newGallery/The-Beatles-Meet-The-Beatles-428133.jpg

...which is the album that most everyone in America fell in love with in 1964. I have a counterfeit LP of Introducing the Beatles I bought in Chicago (in Obama's neighborhood, strangely enough) for $10. A real one would be worth 1,000 times that.

Introducing the Beatles is Please Please Me without "Ask Me Why" and "Please Please Me." Strange, but true.

I have a real one and it's nowhere near worth 10G's. I'd be glad to sell it to you, though, at 10K with a 20% discount.

Leroy Lizard
6/6/2010, 07:51 PM

The bottom line is NCLB is a dude in need of major revision or tossed in the dumpster.

So you aren't opposed to states imposing rigorous standards on universities? Maybe test all students with exit exams? Set rigorous standards to make sure professors are "highly qualified?" Are 95% of college graduates really proficient in their major? in their general education coursework?

Funny, that there are almost no state or federal standards on universities with respect to student outcomes or competency of instructors. Are they losers? Why are they against rigorous standards in these two areas? How is it we can have the world's best universities without state and federal standards on student outcomes and instructor competency?

Really Leroy, let's leave that Soviet Union central planning $hit buried.

Let's settle a few things here.

1. NCLB is strictly about public schools. Any accountability measures aimed at higher education should only affect public colleges and universities.

2. I am opposed to federal oversight of colleges and universities, just like I am with federal oversight of public schools.

3. The real abuses of power have come about from Arne Duncan, not NCLB. A lot of the criticism we hear is aimed at the federal use of $$ to force reform on schools that wanted to do things their way. It isn't NCLB's fault that one man has been given discretionary monies to force his will on victimized schools. (And if you voted for Obama, you are partially to blame.)

Now, having said that... if the Arizona Board of Regents wants to ensure top quality teaching by imposing rigorous standards of instruction and accountability measures with real teeth, I AM ALL FOR IT.

If that is Stalinist, then most of our companies are Stalinist.

One more point:

How is it we can have the world's best universities without state and federal standards on student outcomes and instructor competency?

We have the best RESEARCH institutions in the world. Our college instruction is not only lacking, but in some fields is downright terrible. We absolutely need reform of college teaching and we need to place teaching skill on a much higher pedestal.

BTW, the situation is not as dire in higher education. Universities compete for students; public schools do not.

Leroy Lizard
6/6/2010, 07:59 PM

Sorry, but that is completely naive. If I hold a gun to your head, I can persuade you to mow my lawn. Sure, you can opt out, but the consequences hardly make it voluntary.

And this is the problem I have with Arne Duncan's minions. "But, states don't HAVE TO participate." :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 08:45 PM
Sorry, but that is completely naive. If I hold a gun to your head, I can persuade you to mow my lawn. Sure, you can opt out, but the consequences hardly make it voluntary.

And this is the problem I have with Arne Duncan's minions. "But, states don't HAVE TO participate." :rolleyes:

You may TRY to hold a gun to my head, But Ima gonna be shootin while yer talkin ;)
jes sayin

Leroy Lizard
6/6/2010, 08:49 PM
You may TRY to hold a gun to my head, But Ima gonna be pissin' while yer talkin

FIFY

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 08:56 PM
FIFY

And with that yer Ignorance is proven beyond a doubt.:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
6/6/2010, 09:31 PM
Rough stuff there.

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 09:40 PM
I aint the Biggest, I aint the Baddest, I aint the meanest
But the Big, the Bad and the Mean call me SIR:D

Leroy Lizard
6/6/2010, 10:03 PM
I aint the Biggest, I aint the Baddest, I aint the meanest
But the Big, the Bad and the Mean call me SIR:D

I could work this quote over in so may different ways. But, meh.

olevetonahill
6/6/2010, 10:07 PM
:rolleyes: :pop:

sooneron
6/7/2010, 09:26 AM

Advantage GWB

Wow, the dooshiness of this leaves me speechless...

Linda died from breast cancer (sorta like Paul's mom whom died from mastectomy complications ) when they were still married. Nice, real nice.
Klassy with a "K" you are when someone's beliefs are not lock and step with yours.

Oh and by the way, she was NOT related to anyone from Eastman Kodak, but feel free to run with that anyway:rolleyes:

MR2-Sooner86
6/7/2010, 10:26 AM

Yes I know the law of unintended consequences....and don't call me Shirley!

GKeeper316
6/7/2010, 08:47 PM

wrong.

Leroy Lizard
6/7/2010, 09:01 PM
wrong.

Oh wow, great argument. What should I say in response? "Are not! Are not!"

Stitch Face
6/7/2010, 09:39 PM
cripple fight

Sooner04
6/7/2010, 09:48 PM
Paul McCartney wrote All My Loving, for crying out loud. That puts him at an advantage over everybody not named Ludwig or Wolfgang.

Leroy Lizard
6/7/2010, 10:20 PM
I hate that song. Therefore, it sucks.

stoopified
6/8/2010, 08:12 AM
Just lost alot of repect for Paul so he's done getting my and my families money for concerts, dvd's cd's etc....I used to have that attitude BUT I quickly realized that if I boycotted enertainers who were too liberal for my taste I would be reduced to watching John Wayne movies,listening to Toby Keith ,and watching only Fox News.While I do all the above I have learned to seperate personality from craft (for the most part).Admittedly I still don't pay any attention to the Dixie Chicks,but then again I never really did.