6/4/2010, 03:47 PM
Is he now heading BP?

MR2-Sooner86
6/4/2010, 03:49 PM
He has also...

saved the economy.
created or saved millions of jobs.
improved our image worldwide.
made healthcare affordable to all Americans.
made us go a green route instead of use dirty coal and oil.
destroyed the corrupt capitalist system.
cured cancer.
solved world hunger.
created world peace and got the Nobel Prize doing it.
parted the ocean.
walked on water.
died for our sins.

StoopTroup
6/4/2010, 03:49 PM
Not sure but he's got his sleeves rolled up and his tie is MIA. Dude has been werkin his *** off.

C&CDean
6/4/2010, 03:55 PM
Well the mother****er caused it so the mother****er better fix it.

yankee
6/4/2010, 03:56 PM
Not sure but he's got his sleeves rolled up and his tie is MIA. Dude has been werkin his *** off.

who, bobby jindal? damn right he has...

Leroy Lizard
6/4/2010, 04:01 PM

This comment is something you would find in The Onion.

soonervegas
6/4/2010, 04:08 PM
I knew he would. Haters.

soonerloyal
6/4/2010, 04:15 PM
Well the mother****er caused it so the mother****er better fix it.

I wonder...what color is the sky in your world? :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
6/4/2010, 04:18 PM
Thing is Obama didn't cause this. BP didn't cause this either. BP did lose a well, that's for sure. The spill is an act of God and the oil ending up on the beaches, marshes and barrier islands are because of the currents caused by natural events of how the earth was made. BP can only control the spill site and can't be held accountable for the way currents have stolen BPs oil.

I know that someday you will all understand just how unfairly BP is being treated. It's awful how some folks blame BP for trying to get crude oil from the ground to feed our lust for convenience.

soonerloyal
6/4/2010, 04:24 PM
"Acts of God" are nature-based and are not man-made. An oil well, safety measures cut for the sake of profit, is not nature-based. Put the crack pipe down and back slowly away, dude.

StoopTroup
6/4/2010, 04:29 PM
"Acts of God" are nature-based and are not man-made. An oil well, safety measures cut for the sake of profit, is not nature-based. Put the crack pipe down and back slowly away, dude.

You're just another one of those Tea Party English Haters.

I can't believe how insensitive your are being.

soonerloyal
6/4/2010, 04:34 PM
You're just another one of those Tea Party English Haters.

I can't believe how insensitive your are being.

So, please tell me my BS-O-Meter readings should be like, off the charts?

:eek:

It's a sin to bait little old ladies - you know that, right?

StoopTroup
6/4/2010, 04:37 PM
:D

C&CDean
6/4/2010, 04:44 PM
I wonder...what color is the sky in your world? :rolleyes:

Well didn't you people blame Bush for Katrina? If Bush can cause Katrina, your lord and saviour sure as hell could cause BP.

soonerloyal
6/4/2010, 04:55 PM
I didn't blame Bush for Katrina. I blamed Bush for the ineffective Federal response - as I will Obama, if he doesn't cut off the balls of BP execs, dismantle the entire corporation and seize every dime of their profits.

But then, I know how mind-boggling it is for some to try & differentiate between FEMA responsibilities during a disaster aftermath and "Keep your f***ing Gubmint hands outta private bizness, you Nazis" NeoCon whining points.

Oh, the irony. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Smileys/slap-1.gif

C&CDean
6/4/2010, 04:58 PM
Did you say something?

I didn't think so.

soonerloyal
6/4/2010, 05:07 PM
Bless your little peripheral-vision challenged heart.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Smileys/innocentwhistlesmiley.gif

Leroy Lizard
6/4/2010, 05:23 PM
I didn't blame Bush for Katrina. I blamed Bush for the ineffective Federal response - as I will Obama, if he doesn't cut off the balls of BP execs, dismantle the entire corporation and seize every dime of their profits.

And then you will promptly vote for his reelection. :D

soonerloyal
6/4/2010, 06:06 PM
Over failitude like Bush? DUUHHHH, yeah?

I don't vote for parties. I vote common sense candidates and practicalities. I've voted R and D and I. I use my brain and I research. Try it sometime.

IBleedCrimson
6/4/2010, 06:40 PM
Well didn't you people blame Bush for Katrina? If Bush can cause Katrina, your lord and saviour sure as hell could cause BP.

thats cause bush hated black people

Leroy Lizard
6/4/2010, 06:51 PM
Over failitude like Bush? DUUHHHH, yeah?

I think you will vote him back in regardless of who he runs against.

And I fully understand that. But to vote for someone pretty much negates any outrage you have developed.

You say: "I am outrage at your behavior and I will vote for you again!"
The politician hears: "Blah, blah, blah, and I will vote for you again!"

Stitch Face
6/4/2010, 06:55 PM
I vote common sense candidates

You do realize we're talking about Obama in this thread, right?

AlbqSooner
6/4/2010, 07:37 PM
Interesting to me how Transocean, the company that acutally OPERATED the well, seems to draw a bye in all these discussions.

Breadburner
6/4/2010, 07:45 PM
I always heard african-americans were not good swimmers...I guess this myth is busted.......

olevetonahill
6/4/2010, 07:58 PM
So, please tell me my BS-O-Meter readings should be like, off the charts?

:eek:

It's a sin to bait little old liberal as shat ladies - you know that, right?

Fixed :P :D
And heres yer award :D
http://dansideas.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hook-line-and-sinker.jpg

StoopTroup
6/4/2010, 08:02 PM
I'm calling it. Obama in 2012 unless Fox News can find someone in AZ to run for office again.

olevetonahill
6/4/2010, 08:03 PM
Ima thinkin Whatshername
Ya know that Wimmens Gov out there.:D

Turd_Ferguson
6/4/2010, 08:06 PM
BP's easier to roll off the tongue...

StoopTroup
6/4/2010, 08:27 PM
If a limey has a U.S. passport and was born in Hawaii and later was King of England...could he become POTUS if Oprah liked him enough?

Ike
6/4/2010, 09:26 PM
Interesting to me how Transocean, the company that acutally OPERATED the well, seems to draw a bye in all these discussions.

I don't think they draw a complete bye. Once this is all over and that BOP is pulled off the floor, I'm sure attention will be drawn back to them.

OTOH though, From the congressional testimony I have heard, it was the BP guys on the rig calling the shots, despite expressions of concern from the transocean crew. (like the decision to pull the mud before cementing...)

olevetonahill
6/4/2010, 09:35 PM
Saw this on a GREAT SITE today
If Obama fixes that leak will it be forever known as a Rigger Nig ?:eek:

VeeJay
6/4/2010, 10:08 PM
No - it's called plugging the damned hole.

picasso
6/4/2010, 10:57 PM

Yep, BP is just one of the players.

picasso
6/4/2010, 11:03 PM

But then, I know how mind-boggling it is for some to try & differentiate between FEMA responsibilities during a disaster aftermath and "Keep your f***ing Gubmint hands outta private bizness, you Nazis" NeoCon whining points.

Oh, the irony. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Smileys/slap-1.gif

This doesn't make much sense. And seize every bit of BP's profits? Talk about Nazi logic.

TUSooner
6/4/2010, 11:15 PM
BP was careless, negligent, if you like. And they're not fixing things fast enough. But that's all. All the dip**** whiney-*** haters of oil companies who want them to go bankrupt should be forced to forfeit every petroleum-based product that exists for their convenience. Bill Maher should go first. And they should be forced to support an oilfield worker who is out of a job because of their self-righteous anti-industry cant. ****ing idiots. Nobody has an ounce of sense any more, but a ton of ill-informed opinions.

Harry Beanbag
6/5/2010, 09:40 AM

If I remember correctly, Bush was toast about 20 minutes after Katrina passed over New Orleans. How long has the leak been going on? 50 days?

Harry Beanbag
6/5/2010, 09:41 AM
I use my brain and I research.

God bless you. I know how difficult that is for you.

delhalew
6/5/2010, 09:47 AM
BP was careless, negligent, if you like. And they're not fixing things fast enough. But that's all. All the dip**** whiney-*** haters of oil companies who want them to go bankrupt should be forced to forfeit every petroleum-based product that exists for their convenience. Bill Maher should go first. And they should be forced to support an oilfield worker who is out of a job because of their self-righteous anti-industry cant. ****ing idiots. Nobody has an ounce of sense any more, but a ton of ill-informed opinions.

This. Also, the amount of money BP will on the hook for before this is over, we better hope they survive or the people affected by this will not the payoffs they are going to need.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:00 AM
If you are trying to make a career in the oil business, I'd suggest you re-think your career choice. As much as I agree with you TU, you have to agree that oil companies have been headed towards becoming as popular as cigarette companies. This latest damage to the oil industry will probably never stop now that they have failed to stop the leak as quick as it began. They and politicians have time and time again said that this would never ever happen. It has happened and it's a nightmare scenario for folks who live and make a living in coastal areas. Oil Companies became unpopular due to $5 per gallon gas at the pump....deisel fuel prices going off the chart and being passed down via consumer costs while a near 1930's type of economic scare took place last year made the oil companies look like greedy **********s. BP is now poised to spend dough on ads to help improve their image. The ads are viewed as money wasted on clean-up and further indicate just how detached oil company execs are at understanding why they are unpopular.

BP and whoever else is at fault for this mess needs to understand that people want this leak stopped, not reduced. Stopped. Then they want every drop cleaned up and everyone who is affected reimbursed. I have little faith in them cleaning it up or reimbursing people and companies. Oil companies aren't in the business of cleanup or paying out fines or reimbursements to folks they harm. I'm betting this ends up with decades of litigation as BP and whoever else will quickly tire of paying out and seek to find out just how much cleanup and reimbursement is enough. Once BP and whoever have a monetary figure that they can look at as to how much cleanup and reimbursement will actually cost....that's when it will really get ugly.

I have little faith in oil companies as I have seen 1st hand how little they care about their employees by the events of the oil crunch a few decades ago here in Oklahoma. Many Companies in Tulsa left loyal and dedicated employees without careers for being able to lower costs and live in Houston. They didn't need to do that either...they did it to stuff money in the pockets of execs.

**** BP and really...all the oil companies.

Harry Beanbag
6/5/2010, 10:01 AM
This. Also, the amount of money BP will on the hook for before this is over, we better hope they survive or the people affected by this will not the payoffs they are going to need.

Some of you are forgetting how the government screwed the people yet again in the name of more taxes.

Under the law that established the reserve, called the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund, the operators of the offshore rig face no more than $75 million in liability for the damages that might be claimed by individuals, companies or the government.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/us/02liability.html

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 10:18 AM

Some of you are forgetting how the government screwed the people yet again in the name of more taxes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/us/02liability.html

Harry...I'm not forgetting the govt helped companes who needed to go bankrupt but in this scenario it might serve BP to go bankrupt and walk away from this mess. Thing is they gave out dividends this week to shreholders so what it looks like is they tried to give shareholders some dough before the sell off. Anyone with stock in BP has to be ****ting their pants.

I hope the govt doesn't pour money into BP either.

I still don't have any faith that BP will handle this correctly. They can make all the videos they want but the video that counts will be the one that shows people fishing and enjoying the beach again. I have a feeling that won't happen again for at least 10 years. I hope I'm wrong.

StoopTroup
6/5/2010, 11:20 AM
One of the things I've heard now comes from the Admiral of the U.S. Coast Guard. He was saying that as long as we are out there treating each other like we would our own kids, our own brother etc., if we err we err on the side of doing to much instead of not enough. I know that might concern folks who have spent decades managing a company or a business so that the company ran effienciently but in this case the oil company screwed up and now have a massive oil spill. They are quickly losing control of being the one that will be in charge of this cleanup.