PDA

View Full Version : No sanctions for USC Friday...

ratherthanlater
6/3/2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.atvn.org/index.php/news/story/usc_officials_ncaa_report_a_rumor/
USC officials Thursday said the NCAA report on athletic sanctions is not coming Friday, calling the reports by many news organizations "completely false."
by Matt Schrader
June 3, 2010

USC officials Thursday said the NCAA report on athletic sanctions is not coming Friday, calling the reports by many news organizations “completely false.”

The NCAA has not scheduled a press conference on the matter, according to USC assistant vice president of media relations James Grant, and has not informed USC that any report yet exists.

“There are set channels for these kind of things, and we haven’t heard anything,” said James Grant, USC’s assistant vice president of media relations. “The media reports are all absolutely false.”

The NCAA did not immediately return our calls.

A decision on whether or USC is guilty of NCAA violations, including impropriety on the part of former USC basketball coach Tim Floyd and current football coach Lane Kiffin, was expected to come sometime before the fall, but will likely come in the next few weeks.

Grant said it could even be a matter of days.

“It’s already been three months,” Grant said. “[The report] could come next week.”

USC has come under scrutiny for recruiting infractions committed by its basketball team involving now-NBA standout O.J. Mayo.

USC has self-sanctioned the basketball team, instilling a one-year ban on postseason play, a reduction of scholarships and forfeiting all of its wins from the 2007-2008 season.

Also facing possible sanctions is the university’s football team, which the NCAA may determine broke NCAA rules in its dealings with Heisman Trophy-winning running back Reggie Bush.

If found guilty, the Trojans could forfeit wins from Bush’s tenure on the team, from 2003 to 2005, including a national championship. Bush could also lose his 2005 Heisman Trophy, which would likely be given to former Texas quarterback Vince Young, who finished second in that year’s Heisman voting.

USC Sports Information Director Tim Tessalone said there will be no comment on the matter from USC athletics until the report is released.

olevetonahill
6/3/2010, 09:20 PM
MEH you know how them dayum Trojans lie:D

IBleedCrimson
6/3/2010, 11:39 PM
we need to condense all this usc nonsense into one thread

SoonerStormchaser
6/3/2010, 11:41 PM
I hope the entire organization burns in hell!

ouwasp
6/3/2010, 11:56 PM
I hope the entire organization burns in hell!

Amen Brother!!

KantoSooner
6/4/2010, 09:01 AM
What was the quote? "...get a few of my brothers in here with some blow torches and pliers and go medieval on 'em..." or something of that ilk.

Too good for SC.

diegosooner
6/4/2010, 09:33 AM
so much for Good Friday.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/4/2010, 09:35 AM
I knew it all along. I don't even pay attention to half this crap... If it happens, nobody in the WORLD will miss it. I'll just wait until then.

goingoneight
6/4/2010, 09:47 AM
Color me shocked.

lexsooner
6/4/2010, 10:26 AM
Watch the NCAA give USC something less than what they deserve, and USC gets to keep their national title and Heisman after the NCAA vacates all USC's wins in which Bush played. I hope this does not happen, but I would not be surprised. USC would be the first national champ in NCAA history with an official 0-0 record.

badger
6/4/2010, 11:01 AM
Watch the NCAA give USC something less than what they deserve, and USC gets to keep their national title and Heisman after the NCAA vacates all USC's wins in which Bush played. I hope this does not happen, but I would not be surprised. USC would be the first national champ in NCAA history with an official 0-0 record.

They already claim 10 titles. Most people only think about seven are legit. So hey, if most people now think six are legit even though SC still claims 10, are your feelers gonna get hurt?

Who cares what they and other schools with Bammer math think.

NormanPride
6/4/2010, 11:03 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/465431/uscmeter_medium.jpg

CincySooner
6/4/2010, 11:48 AM
when I visited the ESPN college football page and the lead story was about USC's riches and depth at quarterback, I knew we wouldn't be hearing anything today.

badger
6/4/2010, 11:52 AM
when I visited the ESPN college football page and the lead story was about USC's riches and depth at quarterback, I knew we wouldn't be hearing anything today.

I saw that - Mitch Mustain lol

lexsooner
6/4/2010, 11:57 AM
They already claim 10 titles. Most people only think about seven are legit. So hey, if most people now think six are legit even though SC still claims 10, are your feelers gonna get hurt?

Who cares what they and other schools with Bammer math think.

On a similar note, what I find interesting and very telling about Auburn and its fans is how they claim eight national titles in their history, yet their fans want USC's 2004 title awarded to them something fierce, even though their team never got to the BSC title game and it was never played for on the field. And, of course, they got the No. 2 ranking by beating a much lesser team, Va. Tech. In contrast, the vast majority of OU fans do NOT want the title. We know our seven titles are real and our storied history cannot be denied. A stupid asterisked title would almost be insulting.

The point is, on the surface Auburn fans claim as many or more MNCs as OU, yet their fans' reaction to the USC situation shows they know they have never really won near that many and want one given to them years after the fact. It's as if their fans really know that their Bama style title claims are bogus and want a real one for a change.

OUthunder
6/4/2010, 06:54 PM
Party at Snoop Dogg's crib.

swardboy
6/9/2010, 11:48 AM
Colin Cowherd's source says announcement tomorrow (6/9) and it's not good: Lots of schollies and national championship nullification.

Collier11
6/9/2010, 11:54 AM
Yea I am hearing the same...

Soonermagik
6/9/2010, 01:10 PM
I really don't care either way. Let's face it, players have been taking money for years.

Seriously, how would a university figure all of it out? The smart players did cash deals that no one has ever found out about. I'm willing to bet every elite program has had players take money. Let's move on.

Collier11
6/9/2010, 01:18 PM
True and I agree to an extent but a $250k home is much different

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 01:28 PM
And the stonewalling. That is what bothers me.

Yes, all major programs have players who pick up extra benefits from time to time. Someone finds out, the NCAA calls, you do your best to help out the investigation and take your lumps.

USC did not do that. It's their response to the allegations that sets them apart.