PDA

View Full Version : Phil Steele preview....

Fraggle145
6/2/2010, 12:49 AM
Here is a link to a .pdf of Phil Steele's OU preview...

I know there is another Phil Steele thread, but it got all gayed up.

http://philsteele.com/Pdf/2010%20Top%2030%20Countdown/Oklahoma.pdf

Edit: I tried to attach it, but the file was too large. :eek:

yankee
6/2/2010, 01:16 AM
AWESOME stuff. thanks!

gaylordfan1
6/2/2010, 04:19 AM
when does it come out in the stores?

sooner n houston
6/2/2010, 08:12 AM
About OSU series!!!

Most lopsided series in the nation featuring 2 tms from the same state
(OU is 81-16-7 incl 7 straight).
Last Year OU Did Not allow a First Down in the 2nd Half & the 109 yds allowed was the 6th best mark in the series.

SunnySooner
6/2/2010, 08:33 AM
RE: lOSUr

Most lopsided series in the nation featuring 2 tms from the same state (OU is 81-16-7 incl 7 straight).

BWAHAHAAHHAH!!!! Finally, something for aggy to brag about in football--they're the BEST at being the WORST!!!!!
[hairGel] :stunned: [hairGel] :stunned: [hairGel] :stunned:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cheezyq
6/2/2010, 09:01 AM
RE: lOSUr

BWAHAHAAHHAH!!!! Finally, something for aggy to brag about in football--they're the BEST at being the WORST!!!!!
[hairGel] :stunned: [hairGel] :stunned: [hairGel] :stunned:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Awesome. Of course, that's where Phil Steele the OU fan comes out. :)

gaylordfan1
6/2/2010, 09:18 AM
thanks for the info!

Fraggle145
6/2/2010, 10:01 AM
when does it come out in the stores?

Not sure, I think the 6th or the 8th, but if you just change the end of that linky to whatever team you want to see you can look at them all.

goingoneight
6/2/2010, 11:41 AM
There was a thread on rivals OSU board about how "Phil Steele is now my LEAST favorite preseason magazine."

Anywho... the agroid that started it was owned constantly, and many times told to take the preseason mags with a grain of salt.

I decided I'd post something...

"Honestly, if given these factors... no team names, no player names, no nothing... tell me your prediction.

The 12th-ranked team in the country needs to close the season out with a win against an unranked team whose starting lineup is missing five key players. A BCS berth is on the line. Who wins?

I'm not trying to pour salt in the wound, I'm simply stating that the season has to play out no matter who is ranked where in whatever publication. I would enjoy preseason mags for what they're worth... getting a football fan fired up and through the off-season. If you don't pay attention to all of the useless polls, you might find yourself very educated come football season. It won't be such a shock if you win this game or this team beats you if you know a bit more about an opponent's progression. For instance, the names "Florida" and "Alabama" immediately remind us of the last two powerhouse SEC teams to win MNCs. Of the 22 starting defensive positions, only four return combined. It's trendy to pick Bama #1, but these things can be read between the lines if you're a CFB fan in general. Phil Steele, despite maybe not being your favorite magazine, is the most accurate. This is fact. Still, the magazine doesn't predict whose shoulder will be sprained in week one or who will puke down their leg in week 12."

They deleted my post. :rolleyes:

... and banned me. :D

PDXsooner
6/2/2010, 04:54 PM
Many moons ago I would buy all the pre-season mags...Athlons, Lindys, Sporting News...then I discovered Phil Steele. Now when I see those other mags on the shelf I chuckle and pity them.

cheezyq
6/3/2010, 12:28 AM
There was a thread on rivals OSU board about how "Phil Steele is now my LEAST favorite preseason magazine."

Anywho... the agroid that started it was owned constantly, and many times told to take the preseason mags with a grain of salt.

I decided I'd post something...

"Honestly, if given these factors... no team names, no player names, no nothing... tell me your prediction.

The 12th-ranked team in the country needs to close the season out with a win against an unranked team whose starting lineup is missing five key players. A BCS berth is on the line. Who wins?

I'm not trying to pour salt in the wound, I'm simply stating that the season has to play out no matter who is ranked where in whatever publication. I would enjoy preseason mags for what they're worth... getting a football fan fired up and through the off-season. If you don't pay attention to all of the useless polls, you might find yourself very educated come football season. It won't be such a shock if you win this game or this team beats you if you know a bit more about an opponent's progression. For instance, the names "Florida" and "Alabama" immediately remind us of the last two powerhouse SEC teams to win MNCs. Of the 22 starting defensive positions, only four return combined. It's trendy to pick Bama #1, but these things can be read between the lines if you're a CFB fan in general. Phil Steele, despite maybe not being your favorite magazine, is the most accurate. This is fact. Still, the magazine doesn't predict whose shoulder will be sprained in week one or who will puke down their leg in week 12."

They deleted my post. :rolleyes:

... and banned me. :D

I must give you a thumbs up for this, my friend. That was a solid post in all respects - logical, accurate, easy to understand, and the main point was soundly illustrated with a slight semi-subtle twist of the knife just for good measure. Ingenious posting. LOL.

goingoneight
6/3/2010, 08:28 AM
My email from a frequent Cowboy Corner flyer:

"have fun on the gooner boards u classless jerk."

NOVSooner
6/3/2010, 08:38 AM
That was a solid post in all respects - logical, accurate, easy to understand, and the main point was soundly illustrated.

this explains why it got deleted over there then....! :D

Collier11
6/3/2010, 08:57 AM
My email from a frequent Cowboy Corner flyer:

"have fun on the gooner boards u classless jerk."

Its amazing how big of babies they are, especially when they consistently try to compare their school to ours. Stand up and take it, bunch of inbred pu**ies

Seamus
6/3/2010, 12:46 PM
I must give you a thumbs up for this, my friend. That was a solid post in all respects - logical, accurate, easy to understand, and the main point was soundly illustrated with a slight semi-subtle twist of the knife just for good measure. Ingenious posting. LOL.

^^^ This. It earned the spek.