PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 potential LeBron Combos

ouleaf
6/1/2010, 03:21 PM
Would have put this under the General Sports Forum if it weren't for who was at No. 5.

Love that Blake is getting some good press despite not playing at all last year :mad:

While I don't think this combination is very likely, it would be awesome for sure. Hopefully we will see it in action at an All Star game in the very near future.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/notebook/_/page/dime-freeagency-dal-100529/lebron-combo-edition

5. LeBron James-Blake Griffin
Looking for a big man with a high ceiling to pair with James? As difficult as it might be to project Blake Griffin's trajectory, James should give the redshirt rookie a long look. Griffin is a young, super-athletic, hyper-competitive forward who would develop his game around James' talent. And as a guy often tagged as "a coach on the floor," James would unquestionably be the senior partner of the tandem.

Here's what we currently know about Griffin: He has the explosiveness and hands to be the most devastating roll man since Amare Stoudemire. But unlike Stoudemire, Griffin has a voracious appetite for the glass and had already emerged as the Clippers' traffic cop on defense before he went down with a knee injury.

Once Griffin refines his jumper (already in progress), the James-Griffin pick-and-roll could emerge as the most unstoppable force in basketball. Most important, Griffin's speed, size and athleticism would finally give James a true "running 4" -- but one who could body up in the half-court on both ends when the tempo necessitated.

badger
6/1/2010, 03:48 PM
Despite all the scoring, Lebron really is a good passer, which would make LJ-to-BG an awesome threat. Alas, I just don't Bron Bron going to the Clips.

It would be cool, but I don't see Bron going to LAC, nor do I see LAC trading BG to Bron's team, wherever that is.

NormanPride
6/1/2010, 03:55 PM
The Clippers would actually have to spend money for that.

sooner518
6/2/2010, 07:58 AM
not a chance, but would be awesome to see. man, I just want to see Blake dunking on people again......

badger
6/2/2010, 08:49 AM
not a chance, but would be awesome to see. man, I just want to see Blake dunking on people again......

Oh man - we were in Vegas and they were showing highlights from a preseason game - it was BG dunking on the Lakers! I was so happy, picturing him that upcoming season taking even the abysmal Clippers to new heights!

:mad: Stupid injuries.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2010, 01:16 PM
Who cares?!? KD 4 MVP!!!