PDA

View Full Version : Hottest of OU women's basketball poll

badger
5/31/2010, 07:31 PM
You have declared my OU womens basketball threads worthless without pictures for far too long. You've put up with my endless praise for our awesome women's basketball program without too much complaining, and I promised to reward you. Here goes:

#1: Sherri Coale
http://i46.tinypic.com/25pk7yq.jpg
Conference: Legendary OU coaches
Why fans love her: Three Final Fours, many tourney and regular season conference championships and bringing the OU program back from temporary extinction.

#2 Stacey Dales
http://i47.tinypic.com/2jfhjkk.jpg
Conference: Star athletes-turned sideline reporters
Why fans love her: She led OU to its first Final Four in 2002 and really put Oklahoma on the map in the sport, taking the Sooners the closest it has ever come to a national championship in womens basketball.

#3 Krista Sanchez
http://i45.tinypic.com/dm5eg5.jpg
Conference: Bench fan-favorites
Why fans love her: While she hardly played during her Sooner career, it was always good to see players that cheered for their teammates during most of the game get the chance to have their own moments on the court.

#4 Whitney Hand
http://i48.tinypic.com/seyt01.jpg
Conference: Rising Sooner Stars
Why fans love her: Has the uncanny ability to fire up teammates by firing up threes and making them consistently. Even during injury times, still stays with her team and cheers a lot.

#5 Chelsi Welch
http://i45.tinypic.com/2dirn69.jpg
Conference: Injury Battlers
Why fans love her: Having to sit out a year due to injury can be depressing, but she took it in stride and was a leader during the beginning of the Paris twin era.

#6 Lauren Willis
http://i47.tinypic.com/2mwctcj.jpg
Conference: Tear Jerking Special Moments
Why fans love her: The Christmas scholarship story will never be forgotten. It really showed how close the team and the coaches are. It showed that these aren't just students, athletes, or student-athletes, but people.

#7 Caton Hill
http://i48.tinypic.com/ric9ld.jpg
Conference: Patriot League
Why fans love her: Even before she became an Army doctor, Caton was another leader on the first Final Four team and still holds a few team records.

#8 Carlee Roethlisberger
http://i50.tinypic.com/1ew57n.jpg
Conference: Shaddap You Annoying Announcers We Know Who Her Bro Is
Why fans love her: Really, really fought on defense when her shot stopped falling on offense. A really hard worker that doesn't let up.

ALL RIGHT, PEOPLE! You asked for it, so you better participate in it! I will be gone next week, so you have TWO WEEKS to vote! Vote for all eight if you really want, consider this an 8-woman bracket, so the top vote getter moves onto the 'Final Four!'

PS: The rankings are based on how often you begged for pics, nothing else. Depending on how you all vote, I may just take the top four vote getters, so vote for your favorites regardless... and of course, you can vote for all eight if you want :)

okienole3
5/31/2010, 10:02 PM
Uh, Sunny Hardeman anyone?

OKLA21FAN
5/31/2010, 10:10 PM
this thread is racially biased. :pop:

Eielson
5/31/2010, 11:14 PM
I had Sanchez as the heavy favorite, but the second-to-last picture kinda hurt her.

Curly Bill
5/31/2010, 11:23 PM
Stacey Dales should be walking away with this. What's wrong with you peeps. :D

badger
6/1/2010, 08:23 AM

Ja, I know and I apologize for only including eight when we've had many wonderful players through the years. I kind of ran outta time and just threw this together last night realizing that the month of May was ending and I'm about to take off and such. These are the eight most-requested photos whenever I try to sing the team's praises.

Uh, Sunny Hardeman anyone?

At first I was like "who?" then I saw that she played from 98-01. Alas, there just weren't any pics available of certain players before the modern (aka 'post-final four season') era. Someday, SS.com will hopefully tribute the earlier Sherri Coale years. This was also before my era, so I am not too familiar with which players came before 2001-02 season.

I had Sanchez as the heavy favorite, but the second-to-last picture kinda hurt her.

As much as fans loved her limited playing time, she really, really had limited playing time and even though SS.com was doing more photo albums for the team around Krista's playing career, still not a lot of choice with her. But, if you move you to the next round, I'll look around more.

Stacey Dales should be walking away with this. What's wrong with you peeps.
Again, if you all participate enough, I'll do another round of voting with the top vote-getters. :)

Harry Beanbag
6/1/2010, 08:47 AM
Stacey.

Mjcpr
6/1/2010, 09:42 AM
Rothlisberger should not be anywhere near this pole.

Leroy Lizard
6/1/2010, 09:48 AM
It's great that we can put the coach in the poll too. How many teams can say that?

C&CDean
6/1/2010, 09:56 AM

This is the best picture of her. Your eyes are broken.

I'll take a Sherri/Stacy sammich with extra mayo please.

badger
6/1/2010, 10:07 AM
Stacey.

:P If nothing else, hopefully this thread will get everyone to spell the girls' names right in future pic demands.

That's why it's a poll, so people can vote their opinion (but really now, be nice!). Seeing how I have been fielding a few complaints about the field, I may have to do a "who should have baj included" bracket later. Type nominees here or send me angry PM's. I am not exactly a good judge of who is hot and not, OK??? You guys request these pics all the time, not me! However, I will take Joe Jon Finley with a side dish of Cade Davis!
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1268218.jpeghttp://ouinsider.com/media/images/article/1227073074.jpg

It's great that we can put the coach in the poll too. How many teams can say that?
Baylor would probably claim that they could, but we all know that they are horribly mistaken.

I'll take a Sherri/Stacy sammich with extra mayo please.

So much for Stacey getting her name spelled right from now on ;)

Mad Dog Madsen
6/1/2010, 10:17 AM
WTF?!? No Erin Higgins??? lol. :P

NormanPride
6/1/2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah, Higgins was a hottie. I voted for Caton and Sherri. :D

StoopTroup
6/1/2010, 11:50 AM
It's hard to say which is the hawtest without an up-close breast manipulation.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/1/2010, 12:08 PM
WTF?!? No Erin Higgins??? lol. :PCorrect answer, DUH!

1)Higgins
2)Dales
3)Coale

4)Roethlisberger. Maybe not quite as pretty as the above...but cute, and HOT, for sure.

Eielson
6/1/2010, 12:52 PM

Seriously? I rechecked it thinking maybe I had said the wrong one, but that wasn't the case. One us has broken eyes, that's for sure.

NMSooner'80
6/1/2010, 01:22 PM
Sherri pretty much had groupies back while she was playing for OCC. But I still went with Sanchez in my vote.

Higgins was also a small oversight in the original seeding, along with Stephanie Simon.

Also, you should have seen a blondie forward from Elmore City when I was a sophomore at OU ('77-78). Name was Lisa Wasson, and she was in one of my classes. She bailed after the main recruiter got fired at midseason (a male coach because the head coach was allegedly jealous that the great incoming freshman class liked him better.

badger
6/1/2010, 01:57 PM
Higgins was also a small oversight in the original seeding, along with Stephanie Simon.

A few have suggested Simon, as well as Higgins. The problem with Simon (and Higgins to some degree) is that there are very few pics available of the early aughts on SS.com, my main source for the pics displayed above.

My secondary sources, Google Image Search and every state media site that I've ever seen cover the womens basketball team (these also happen to be primary for many of my blog entries earlier this year), are limited by the fact that womens basketball just isn't covered like other sports. There is some interest due to school ties (and hotness factors, apparently), but media still doesn't write about womens basketball like they do about their male counterparts... and football, of course. That's the case everywhere, I'm not local media bashing, I'm everywhere media bashing.

Hopefully, if you all dropped by to see what exactly this poll was, you'll come back in the fall when the bball season fires up. And, with a little more fan interest, hopefully the team will get the recognition and respect they deserve :)

Mjcpr
6/1/2010, 02:02 PM
I think they should have a topless game or two throughout the year.

C&CDean
6/1/2010, 02:03 PM
Seriously? I rechecked it thinking maybe I had said the wrong one, but that wasn't the case. One us has broken eyes, that's for sure.

Cause her hair is a different color?

I guess you've just never seen a woman looking dreamy and satisfied...

The other pics look like Barbie doll crap. Cutesy. The one I like she is pretty, not little-girl cute.

It doesn't matter though. She's at least #4 on the list anyhow.

NormanPride
6/1/2010, 02:58 PM
I miss watching Chelsi play. She was a firecracker on the floor, and I always liked her hair.

Also, I think I hit on Stephanie Simon at Stacey Dales' birthday party after the 2001 (2002?) Big 12 Tourney. I'm not positive, as I had had a lot of beer. I do remember her being very nice, and not looking at me like I was a mental patient, despite the obvious difference in leagues. :O

6/1/2010, 05:02 PM
I think they should have a topless game or two throughout the year.Ya think it would sell tickets?

badger
6/1/2010, 05:48 PM
Ya think it would sell tickets?

OU womens basketball attendance is already the sixth-highest in the nation.

NMSooner'80
6/1/2010, 05:54 PM
Who would be the hottest Black player from OU's recent past? Some of them were nice-looking young ladies, but I can't pick one who really stood out that much. My example would be someone who looked like the Texas A&M point guard as one who I noticed (Sydney Colson). And the one who married ex-UNM/Baylor player Kevin Henry, Ayianna Nash (late 90's) was smokin' hot when she played out here.

6/1/2010, 06:26 PM
OU womens basketball attendance is already the sixth-highest in the nation.Why settle for mediocrity, when you can have a stellar attraction?

okienole3
6/1/2010, 09:46 PM
Who would be the hottest Black player from OU's recent past? Some of them were nice-looking young ladies, but I can't pick one who really stood out that much. My example would be someone who looked like the Texas A&M point guard as one who I noticed (Sydney Colson). And the one who married ex-UNM/Baylor player Kevin Henry, Ayianna Nash (late 90's) was smokin' hot when she played out here.

Britney Brown.

badger
6/1/2010, 10:41 PM
Who would be the hottest Black player from OU's recent past?

I was torn on who to fill the 8-slot. It nearly went to her:
http://www.sdhoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/image00043356.jpg

Recognize her? Probably not, because usually when you see her, she looks like this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kC5MT2r5U8s/S7kfX0RH7cI/AAAAAAAAOOE/NfgjOBXPe5Y/s400/abi+olajuwon.jpg

Again, I chose the eight that I did because people requested them. However, if I were to just wing it myself, I would have definitely included none other than Abi Olajuwon.
http://www.wnba.com/media/act_abi_olajuwon.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
6/1/2010, 11:07 PM
Sherri in a NY minute.

picasso
6/1/2010, 11:17 PM
I saw Hill at an art function before her senior year. She was in a dress and heels.

I was quite impressed.

bmjlr
6/2/2010, 09:06 AM
Sanchez
Dales
Coale

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2010, 09:18 AM
It won't let me vote again! :mad: I need to break the last place tie for Carlee... :O

NormanPride
6/2/2010, 09:34 AM
Britney Brown.

Word. She was a cutie.

badger
6/2/2010, 10:30 AM
It won't let me vote again! :mad: I need to break the last place tie for Carlee... :O

Perhaps your troll twin Happy Dog Madsen will show up to vote? ;)

EDIT: Also, please keep the suggestions coming. I'll try to do something to make up for oversights. I can't promise I'll get everyone mentioned (especially if they're pre-2002 Final Four), but I'll try.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2010, 10:41 AM
Perhaps your troll twin Happy Dog Madsen will show up to vote? ;)

EDIT: Also, please keep the suggestions coming. I'll try to do something to make up for oversights. I can't promise I'll get everyone mentioned (especially if they're pre-2002 Final Four), but I'll try.

You got him banned a long time ago! :D

badger
6/2/2010, 12:20 PM
Wow - 65 votes. Did you know that 65 was OU's average attendance in 1990 when the university officially dumped the program?

In your face, 1990! ;)

PalmBeachSooner
6/2/2010, 12:29 PM

She can hang around my pole anytime.

BoulderSooner79
6/2/2010, 12:40 PM
Just imagine a women starting a thread about the hottest women. Is SF.com a great place or what?

badger
6/2/2010, 12:50 PM
Just imagine a women starting a thread about the hottest women. Is SF.com a great place or what?

I did it for you guys... and in hopes that I'll be a little bit less lonely next womens basketball season when I'm talking about the basketball aspect of womens basketball.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2010, 12:57 PM
Wow - 65 votes. Did you know that 65 was OU's average attendance in 1990 when the university officially dumped the program?

In your face, 1990! ;)

What is it with you and the attendance??? lol. :D

badger
6/2/2010, 01:54 PM
What is it with you and the attendance??? lol. :D

Not emphasizing the attendance there, maddy. I was emphasizing the tally, which is now 69... no comment.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2010, 02:18 PM

In your face, 1990! ;)

But you did mention it is what I was getting at...

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2010, 02:19 PM
OU womens basketball attendance is already the sixth-highest in the nation.

^^^And here... :D

badger
6/2/2010, 02:30 PM
All I know is somebody better cast a vote soon :mad:

OU Adonis
6/2/2010, 02:52 PM
I did it for you guys... and in hopes that I'll be a little bit less lonely next womens basketball season when I'm talking about the basketball aspect of womens basketball.

Wait.... they actually Play basketball?

NormanPride
6/2/2010, 02:55 PM
lol 69

And baj, have YOU voted yet?

badger
6/2/2010, 02:59 PM
Wait.... they actually Play basketball?

Oh yeah totally. They even have Final Fours for women now. I think it was a Title IX compliance thing. ;)

lol 69

And baj, have YOU voted yet?

I just did, and if you guys ever stick one of these polls on that number again, I will register a troll just to get it to 70:mad:

NormanPride
6/2/2010, 03:20 PM
I should get jkm to mess with the numbers so it's always at 69. :D

badger
6/2/2010, 03:27 PM
I should get jkm to mess with the numbers so it's always at 69. :D

Nah, he shouldn't do that. I'll only continue this if there's enough interest. If you count, I put up six separate pics for each Sooner. I need more than a vote and a half apiece (there's 48 posts now, and will be more if I do subsequent rounds) to keep this up. Yes, I know, I'm demanding and have high standards, but you already knew that, cuz I married you :D

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2010, 04:37 PM
Isn't Stacy Hansmeyer kinda hot? No?

badger
6/2/2010, 04:54 PM

I'll add her to the "hell hath tons of fury for shunning these women" list :(

6/2/2010, 05:10 PM
What's not to love about Stacey Dales?

sooner ngintunr
6/2/2010, 11:06 PM

I think the third one doesn't do much justice either.

Collier11
6/3/2010, 01:11 AM
Sanchez has some legendary stories going around campus, they may or may not involve PIITB!

I think that has to make her #1?

Leroy Lizard
6/3/2010, 03:31 AM
C'mon, let's not start stuff like that.

OU Adonis
6/3/2010, 06:28 AM
Sanchez has some legendary stories going around campus, they may or may not involve PIITB!

I think that has to make her #1?

Oooh... Dirty

Collier11
6/3/2010, 07:10 AM
C'mon, let's not start stuff like that.

Not starting anything, I was in college part of the time that she was. I knew some athletes, stuff happens

NormanPride
6/3/2010, 12:58 PM
I heard something about that as well, but it was probably on here. You guys are bad...

Wasn't Maria Villarroel cute as well?

Soonerwake
6/3/2010, 01:20 PM

Not even close. But, I'd bet she has voted... ;)

badger
6/3/2010, 01:32 PM
Once again, keep the comments nice and respectful or there won't be any future rounds or future polls on this, even if there's thousands of votes. You have been warned! :mad:

Seriously - if you make a fellow Sooner cry, I will make YOU cry.

Collier11
6/3/2010, 01:40 PM
I considered that a compliment, most girls dont like that stuff :D Sorry Badg, had to get one more in :eek:

badger
6/3/2010, 01:51 PM
Hell, if fellow Sooners can make Billy Sims cry, then anything's possible. I think our women are tough enough and good-natured enough to know that we don't mean any harm, but I don't wanna take any chances :)

Mad Dog Madsen
6/4/2010, 01:00 PM
I still can't vote. I need to vote for Carlee again!!! :mad:

badger
6/4/2010, 01:02 PM
you only get one vote per account. sorry. however, i'll think of something to carry through the next week or so that I'll be gone. stay tuned.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/4/2010, 01:35 PM
Now I feel stupid. I knew that before but I coulda swore I seen somewhere it said I could vote as many times as I wanted. Oh well...

badger
6/4/2010, 01:45 PM
lol :D

when you cast your vote, you can vote for all eight. However, if you submit your vote for one, and decide later that you wanted to vote for two, too late.

OUthunder
6/4/2010, 06:56 PM
I like older, more experienced wimmen. I went with Sherri. Stacy is a close 2nd. I'd hit em both tho.:D

Mississippi Sooner
6/5/2010, 09:21 AM
I can totally understand why Krista is winning this thing, but I'm glad Whitney is getting a lot of votes, too. Hey, she's our quarterback's girlfriend. We need all the good mojo we can get!

GottaHavePride
6/6/2010, 01:58 PM
No mention of Stephanie Simon? She was freaking hot. Now has a law degree and married Nate Hybl.

Salt City Sooner
6/6/2010, 06:26 PM
Kate Scott was a doll as well. Good luck finding a photo of her though. She didn't play a whole lot.

blanks
6/6/2010, 08:33 PM
I think lack of pictures is a lame excuse for leaving off Erin Higgins. She would be my write in vote.

6/6/2010, 08:35 PM
I think lack of pictures is a lame excuse for leaving off Erin Higgins. She would be my write in vote.SIZZLER!

C&CDean
6/7/2010, 08:11 AM
Erin Higgins married Noah Allen? Who knew?

http://aaronsnowphotography.blogspot.com/2009/08/erin-and-noah-married.html

Mad Dog Madsen
6/7/2010, 08:51 AM
I knew...

NormanPride
6/7/2010, 03:15 PM
badger here, too lazy to sign in as myself. i included these eight because they were the most requested. i have not seen as many requests for stephanie simon, erin higgins, britney brown and others as i have now that this is an actual poll with actual voting and such.

if there is ever a subsequent poll (and there likely will be, unless I receive complaints from the actual players or coaches, or if interest suddenly drops off), I will be sure to be more inclusive... but again, you guys request the photos, not me :D

if you all whine enough, i do have access to some of the more "why didn't you include her?!" excluded ones and may do like a play-in round or something this weekend.

Sooner04
6/7/2010, 04:35 PM
http://media.linkedin.com/mpr/mpr/shrink_80_80/p/2/000/058/2af/2a0047f.jpg http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/genrel/auto_action/1227661.jpeg

For those of you who were around OU in the early part of the 2000s you KNOW that this is no contest and that these pictures do her absolutely NO justice.

Oh yeah, she ended up marrying Nate Hybl too.

oudavid1
6/9/2010, 12:23 PM
idk if anyone else pointed it out, But Landry Jones is dating Whitney Hand. just saying

6/9/2010, 01:39 PM
idk if anyone else pointed it out, But Landry Jones is dating Whitney Hand. just sayingWhose quarterback did you think he was talking about, up there in post #67?

GottaHavePride
6/9/2010, 04:23 PM
http://media.linkedin.com/mpr/mpr/shrink_80_80/p/2/000/058/2af/2a0047f.jpg http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/genrel/auto_action/1227661.jpeg

For those of you who were around OU in the early part of the 2000s you KNOW that this is no contest and that these pictures do her absolutely NO justice.

Oh yeah, she ended up marrying Nate Hybl too.

Yeah, in street clothes she looks more like the infamous chick in that picture with Tebow, minus the vapid expression.

SoonerShark
6/10/2010, 07:34 PM

There was a Canadian on it.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/11/2010, 01:13 PM
Can we move on to the next round yet?

KC//CRIMSON
6/11/2010, 02:17 PM
I vote for Stacey Hansmeyer's *ss. That's hot.

NormanPride
6/11/2010, 04:39 PM
Can we move on to the next round yet?

I am on vacation, hence this round taking two weeks. Plus, I wasn't sure what the response would be, since I've never done a poll like this before.

Also, I need to address a few complaints about the first round before going onto the second round. I'm thinking play-in quickie round before going to the Final Four with a few forgotten Sooners.

So yeah, go ahead and vote in this round if you haven't already. I'll be back in Oklahoma tomorrow night, so I'll try to get this thing moving again then.

Love,
~baj

Sooner04
6/11/2010, 05:55 PM
Is it really that difficult to log in/out?

badger
6/13/2010, 08:35 AM
Yes. This is NP now. Logging out and back in is a huge pain.

badger
6/14/2010, 02:29 PM
This poll closes tonight! Get yer car outta the flooded Oklahoma streets and vote already!

If you've already voted, head on over to the play-in round poll, also on the basketball forum here. It includes all of the Sooners who were left off this poll that you demanded to be included... so long as they were post-2002 Final Four :D

Peach Fuzz
6/14/2010, 02:41 PM
Caton hill is hot?? I don't think so Imo... Coale has that Cougar thing going for her... mmmm :D

Edit: wow I take that back... Ms. number 10 (Carlee) is the hottie of the bunch I don't get why she isnt getting votes... the rest are kinda average

badger
6/14/2010, 09:24 PM
Game over, man! Krista Sanchez and Stacey Dales will sit out the next round with a free pass to the Final Four. Sherri Coale and Whitney Hand will meet the top two vote receivers of the play-in round that lasts through tomorrow. Round two starts on Wednesday morning. Thanks to all who partipated in round one.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/16/2010, 04:46 PM
Oh yeah, FWIW I also thought Carolyn Winchester was pretty cute...

badger
6/16/2010, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah, FWIW I also thought Carolyn Winchester was pretty cute...

Carolyn was like the Krista Sanchez of the Paris twins era. She, too, was one of the last ones off the bench and fans always gave her a warm greeting to the court when they announced her name.

It was like Kellen Sampson - fans loved when Kellen came into games. After cheering for his teammates the entire way, he would get his moment on the court too :)

PDXsooner
6/19/2010, 02:15 PM
I didn't see a choice of "NONE"

badger
6/19/2010, 02:37 PM

:rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
6/19/2010, 02:42 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eielson