PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia movie

badger
5/31/2010, 04:31 PM
If you liked the Sands of Time video game or just have a weakness for being unable to avoid video game movies, you will finally come away not feeling guilty and awful afterward.

Critics have panned it as being filled with cheezy dialog (it is), focusing a lot of action sequences (yes!) that might not all be suitable for little eyes (probably?) and not really having a solid plot.

However, if you're familiar with the games, you will be able to follow the plot just fine. Go see it - the flick cost $200 million bucks and only brought in $30 mil (domestic) this past weekend! Disney needs your money or you'll never see another halfway decent video game flick ever again!

soonerinkaty
5/31/2010, 10:00 PM
This is a great movie, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a movie to see besides Shrek and Robin Hood.

sooner59
5/31/2010, 10:49 PM
That Gemma Arterton chick that plays the princess is HAWT! I got dragged to see it by my g/f and her 13 y/o sister and I made it through focusing on that chick. She was in the last bond film I believe.

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2010, 02:05 AM
Go see it - the flick cost $200 bucks and only brought in $30 mil (domestic) this past weekend!

That's a pretty solid profit from where I sit. ;)

Seriously, though, you're telling people to go see a movie because it cost a lot of money to make and isn't doing well at the box office? Why should I finance someone's pile of **** movie?

<insert Tuba rant about the auto industry bailout here>

sooner59
6/1/2010, 02:28 AM
I don't know if it is worth $10 to you, but probably not to me. However, I did not pay for it, and it wasn't terrible. It was ok and decently entertaining on a night that was boring. So it wasn't bad, considering that chick in it was verrry nice.

badger
6/1/2010, 08:29 AM
That's a pretty solid profit from where I sit. ;)

Seriously, though, you're telling people to go see a movie because it cost a lot of money to make and isn't doing well at the box office? Why should I finance someone's pile of **** movie?

<insert Tuba rant about the auto industry bailout here>

:P I was joking. Disney doesn't need money. Disney and Rupert Murdoch pwn the entire world.

My Opinion Matters
6/1/2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah, that movie looks like a spectacular pile of crap. Jake Gyllenhaal as a Persian? Srsly? What's next, Zac Efron as the Emperor of Japan?

Crucifax Autumn
6/1/2010, 11:25 AM
you'll never see another halfway decent video game flick ever again!

Yeah maybe, but they ARE making a Mass Effect movie now.

soonerboomer93
6/1/2010, 02:07 PM
That's not saying much considering the same studio planning the Mass Effect movie is making a WoW movie also