PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

SoonerDomiNation
5/30/2010, 11:32 PM
Id like to wish every one a happy memorial day. And take this time to thank all of military men and women who serve this nation that allows us to enjoy all the freedoms that we some times take for granted. And for those fallen soldiers that made the ultimate sacrifice by giving their lives fighting a battle they had nothing to do with starting but they stood up and said send me ill fight for this country. Theres no way to repay these kind of people but to say thanks and shake their hand and tell them that we appreciate their sacrifices.

Curly Bill
5/30/2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks to all who have served, and those who are serving now.

US Navy 1991-1995.

btk108
5/31/2010, 01:08 AM
I saw a cool patch on a biker vest today at the Charlie Daniel's concert...."I'm not a Vet, but I support them". My dad is a Vietnam vet....Great grandad is a WWII Vet. Vet's are my life! Love you guys.

oudavid1
5/31/2010, 01:33 AM
My family is heavily evolved in the military and i hope to be soon. God Bless you all and God Bless This Great Nation. lol at obama

Collier11
5/31/2010, 08:21 AM
A BIG thanks to all who served, are serving, and have given their lives for this Great Country!!

Boomer!

SoonerDomiNation
5/31/2010, 08:22 AM
I was at that same charlie daniels concert. Pretty cool deal.

IronHorseSooner
5/31/2010, 08:51 AM
From all of us who are serving and who have served, thank you! You don't know how much support from good folks like y'all means!

fossil
5/31/2010, 08:52 AM
Memorial Day comes every day at my house. My flag flys 24/7 and is lighted at night in their memory. My heros come from all branches of the service. If they wear the uniform of the U.S.A. they are my brothers and sisters.

God bless and keep them.

Olvet, you're among this special bunch. Thanks for all you have done for our country.

Collier11
5/31/2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks to all who have served, and those who are serving now.

US Navy 1991-1995.

My Grandpa was in the Navy back in the day, got a pic of him in Korea back in 55' I believe

OU-HSV
5/31/2010, 09:41 AM
In.
A huge thanks to all those here on Soonerfans.com and to all those out there who are fighting and who have fought to maintain our freedom, and a special thanks on Memorial Day for those who lost their lives fighting for us.

Also, since it is Memorial Day, please remember all of your loved ones who have passed. Although one day isn't near enough time to spread all the thanks due...and isn't near enough to remember lost loved ones, we all get busy in our daily routines in life so it's good to have a day dedicated to remembering lost loved ones and lost military

AlbqSooner
5/31/2010, 09:44 AM
The thoughts are kind and appreciated. BUT, Veterans' Day is for those of us who served and lived. Memorial Day is for our brother's in arms who did not make it home. Again, the thoughts are appreciated.

USAF 1967-1971

Dio
5/31/2010, 10:52 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1023026/index.htm

StoopTroup
5/31/2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks to all who are serving and to all who have served.

Ultimate respect to those families who have lost a Family member who was serving and was lost serving our Great Country and keepinng us all safe.

God Bless you all...and God Bless America.

ST

badger
5/31/2010, 11:54 AM
token troll post of the day:

Fill in the blank time!

Land of the free, and the home of the __________?

a) Sooners
b) Brave

Choose your own fate! Which combination of colors is superior?

a) red and white (aka crimson and cream)
b) red, white AND blue

The University of Texas band (at the RRS) is about to play the national anthem! You are surrounded by a lot of burnt orange and need to let your allegiances be known! Do you...

a) Remove your OU hat
b) NEVER surrender the OU hat from your head!

;) Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

olevetonahill
5/31/2010, 12:33 PM
The thoughts are kind and appreciated. BUT, Veterans' Day is for those of us who served and lived. Memorial Day is for our brother's in arms who did not make it home. Again, the thoughts are appreciated.

USAF 1967-1971

Ditto on those thots bro. I include those on active duty tho.
Army 68-70

StoopTroup
5/31/2010, 12:54 PM
National Holidays in our Country have seemingly become "Just another day off" for many folks. Threads like this are helpful and those of you who have given of yourselves for our great Country are awesome for helping to keep folks straight about why we have these Military Holidays.

Memorial Day is indeed in Honor of the fallen but I would be remiss if watching the faces of those who honor the fallen don't affect my own feelings regarding why we should all remember this isn't "Just another day off".

Again...ultimate respect to those of you who fought next to those we lost.

God Bless you all...on this most solemn of National Holidays.

We all have benefited from the loss of so many great Americans and owe everything we have and are to the struggles of the past and most recent.

btk108
5/31/2010, 01:42 PM
I was at that same charlie daniels concert. Pretty cool deal.

Wow....I didn't see you :D Oh, and that wasn't Charlie Daniels up there, it was Olevet impersonating him ;)

SunnySooner
5/31/2010, 04:01 PM
I grew up as a daughter, sister, niece, and cousin of veterans and active-duty members. Now I'm the wife of one, and someday, I'll probably be the mother of one as well. I'm very proud of my family's record of service, and very grateful for them and everyone else who has served our country this way. Keep 'em in your prayers, "until the last one comes home."

One of my favorite quotes, I've prolly posted it before, but it's fitting for this day:

"We sleep peacefully in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm." George Orwell

I'm thankful.

SoonerDomiNation
5/31/2010, 05:10 PM
LOL btk. Im pretty sure that was charlie b ut i hear olevet is a master of disquise. And ty for all of you that responded in this post because with out our vets and those who are serving now we would be speaking german or korean od some crap! THANK YOU ALL THAT HAS SERVED OR IS SERVING NOW.

AlbqSooner
5/31/2010, 05:11 PM
If you have not clicked the link in Dio's post, do. It is a somewhat lengthy read, but well worth it. I have read it before. It always brings me to tears.

olevetonahill
5/31/2010, 06:59 PM
t8tjba__SBA

fadada1
6/1/2010, 08:29 PM
a little late, but remember the reason behind your day off yesterday. take pride in being an American, and knowing what others have done/sacrificed to give us these freedoms and opportunities.

US Navy - 1993-1997.