5/30/2010, 08:36 PM
So does OU win the 2004 NC?

colleyvillesooner
5/30/2010, 10:04 PM

Do. Not. Want.

sendbaht
5/30/2010, 11:50 PM
The way we got pounded in that game if we were Alabama we wound not want or claim the NC for 2004.

Of ALL the games OU has played that is the game I dislike the most!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eielson
5/30/2010, 11:58 PM

No, but the game that never happened...will basically have never happened.

Leroy Lizard
5/31/2010, 12:33 AM
So we were right all along.

badger
5/31/2010, 09:23 AM

No, but Texas loses the 2005 NC, because they, too, played an ineligible opponent :D

lexsooner
5/31/2010, 12:28 PM

Nope, but it appears likely USC will get hammered by the NCAA and have to vacate its wins in which Bush played in 2004-2005. If the NCAA finds serious violation, the BCS will vacate USC's BCS title, although the AP title will remain USC's. The Heisman organization may take away Bush's Heisman too and hopefully give it to Vince Young, probably one of the most deserving candidates I have seen who did not win the award.

In the end, the likely scenario is the BCS title will remain vacant and the AP will not re-vote, so USC will remain AP national champion (albeit with an official 0-0 record from 2004). But more importantly, USC will be on probation for years and lose scholarships and their widespread cheating will be curtailed.

For some reason, Auburn fans seem to want the title bad, unlike OU fans. I'm not sure why we would want something which was not earned and would be a huge asterisk in the record books. Yes, we got beat down in the title game, but Auburn did not even get to the title game. In any event, neither OU nor Auburn will get anything in the end, other than satisfaction that USC gets slapped hard by the NCAA.

lexsooner
5/31/2010, 12:30 PM
No, but Texas loses the 2005 NC, because they, too, played an ineligible opponent :D

Or on the grounds that Vince Young had such a low Wonderlic intelligence score at the pro combines that he could not possibly have been a legitimate student athlete at UT.

olevetonahill
5/31/2010, 12:36 PM
Wake me the **** up when something happens. Im tired of all this speculation carp:rolleyes:

Jdog
5/31/2010, 12:40 PM
Nope, but it appears likely USC will get hammered by the NCAA and have to vacate its wins in which Bush played in 2004-2005. If the NCAA finds serious violation, the BCS will vacate USC's BCS title, although the AP title will remain USC's. The Heisman organization may take away Bush's Heisman too and hopefully give it to Vince Young, probably one of the most deserving candidates I have seen who did not win the award.

In the end, the likely scenario is the BCS title will remain vacant and the AP will not re-vote, so USC will remain AP national champion (albeit with an official 0-0 record from 2004). But more importantly, USC will be on probation for years and lose scholarships and their widespread cheating will be curtailed.

For some reason, Auburn fans seem to want the title bad, unlike OU fans. I'm not sure why we would want something which was not earned and would be a huge asterisk in the record books. Yes, we got beat down in the title game, but Auburn did not even get to the title game. In any event, neither OU nor Auburn will get anything in the end, other than satisfaction that USC gets slapped hard by the NCAA.

BCS chairman has already said that they will not make them vacate the title.

diegosooner
5/31/2010, 06:18 PM
I want the hammer. A big hammer!

OKLA21FAN
5/31/2010, 06:37 PM
Do. Not. Want.

this

SoonerMom2
5/31/2010, 07:11 PM
The way we got pounded in that game if we were Alabama we wound not want or claim the NC for 2004.

Of ALL the games OU has played that is the game I dislike the most!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alabama has claimed so many crap titles that no one has ever heard of that this would have just been another one they claimed. I expect Auburn to claim it! Something about the water in Alabama that makes they want to claim every title around.

Herr Scholz
5/31/2010, 07:26 PM
A few things:

OU would not get the title regardless of what happens to USC so it's not yours to accept or decline. Auburn would have a bid for it out of anyone. They went undefeated that year.

VY scored a 16 on the wonderlic according to everyone involved (higher than Marino). Chijoke scored a legit 8.

I don't understand how you guys can be up in arms about USC cheating at football and basketball considering you just got off of probation (for the time being) for cheating at the same two sports. I really don't get the sanctimony. Please explain this phenonemon to me.

rawlingsHOH
5/31/2010, 07:48 PM
A few things:

OU would not get the title regardless of what happens to USC so it's not yours to accept or decline. Auburn would have a bid for it out of anyone. They went undefeated that year.

I don't understand how you guys can be up in arms about USC cheating at football and basketball considering you just got off of probation (for the time being) for cheating at the same two sports. I really don't get the sanctimony. Please explain this phenonemon to me.

No they wouldn't.

OU won't get the #1 ranking in the AP or Coaches vote. But the possibilty of being awarded the Orange Bowl (BCS Championship) Trophy exists.

VY scored a 16 on the wonderlic according to everyone involved (higher than Marino). Chijoke scored a legit 8.
VY scored a 6, first go-around, and everyone in the NFL knew it. Doesn't matter to me, I just found it amusing you compare him to a first generation english-speaking American citizen, who was a non-qualifier, though! Par for the course. LOL

Herr Scholz
5/31/2010, 07:58 PM
No they wouldn't.
I beg to differ. They have a better claim than you.

OU won't get the #1 ranking in the AP or Coaches vote. But the possibilty of being awarded the Orange Bowl (BCS Championship) Trophy exists.
No it doesn't. Funny that you guys are talking about it though after that game though. Would you really accept it? Wow.

VY scored a 6, first go-around, and everyone in the NFL knew it. Doesn't matter to me, I just found it amusing you compare him to a first generation english-speaking American citizen, who was a non-qualifier, though! Par for the course. LOL
False. Everyone knew that test was wrong. Everyone had to retake it. Keep up this complete falsehood though. Pretty transparent as you guys hate VY for our national championship.

olevetonahill
5/31/2010, 08:34 PM
Herr why dont you just go back to suckin on bevos empty sack :rolleyes:

the_ouskull
5/31/2010, 08:36 PM
Is it? You hate us for all of ours.

As for the thread...

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Alabama claims championships for seasons they didn't field teams. If a championship isn't nailed down; just floating around out there, 'Bama or Auburn will claim it. Bank on it.

the_ouskull

Herr Scholz
5/31/2010, 08:39 PM
Herr why dont you just go back to suckin on bevos empty sack :rolleyes:

I just find it funny this is even a discussion. OU getting the '04 title is beyond absurd.

olevetonahill
5/31/2010, 08:54 PM
I just find it funny this is even a discussion. OU getting the '04 title is beyond absurd.

Because 1 or 2 posters have mentioned it, That means we are discussing it ?
No real SOONER wants it, no Real SOONER even thinks its a Possibility
However ALL REAL SOONERS KNOW :texan: SUCCS

Herr Scholz
5/31/2010, 08:57 PM
I've seen this discussion several times over the past couple of years among many Sooner fans. It's not your decision to take or decline. No way. Just as VY would never get the Heisman when Reggie's is stripped. Not a possibility.

olevetonahill
5/31/2010, 09:01 PM
I've seen this discussion several times over the past couple of years among many Sooner fans. It's not your decision to take or decline. No way. Just as VY would never get the Heisman when Reggie's is stripped. Not a possibility.

Agreed. Yall dont have a few IDIOT NUTLESS FANS ?
There have been the same 3 0r 4 nOObs that think it may be a big deal .
A REAL fan says Lets Play this coming season out .
DEayum will ya promise me if I go to horn fans and talk the same **** as you do here that I wonr get bained within 3 posts ?:rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
5/31/2010, 09:17 PM
This site is tolerant. I think it's great. Orangebloods is the same btw. I don't post on Hornfans. Soonerscoop has the Gestapo over there.

And is the nutless comment concerning our mascot or your overzealous fans? Just curious.

olevetonahill
5/31/2010, 09:26 PM
This site is tolerant. I think it's great. Orangebloods is the same btw. I don't post on Hornfans. Soonerscoop has the Gestapo over there.

And is the nutless comment concerning our mascot or your overzealous fans? Just curious.

Both ;) :D

Leroy Lizard
5/31/2010, 09:28 PM
This site is tolerant. I think it's great. Orangebloods is the same btw.

You are treated far, far nicer here than Sooner fans are treated in Orangebloods. (I don't post there, but I see how Sooner fans are treated there.)

Herr Scholz
5/31/2010, 11:15 PM
Sure, but they're dumb.

Eielson
5/31/2010, 11:17 PM
I don't think it's people wanting the national championship. It's more like somebody has to raise the question just so everybody else can shoot it down.

OK2LA
5/31/2010, 11:21 PM
So we were right all along.

Well done.

OK2LA
5/31/2010, 11:26 PM
I want the hammer. A big hammer!

I have a feeling that many like you are going to be very disappointed.

Leroy Lizard
5/31/2010, 11:44 PM
I have a feeling that many like you are going to be very disappointed.

http://www.wonderbaby.org/images/toy-hammer.jpg

85sooners
6/1/2010, 12:05 AM
:pop:

badger
6/1/2010, 08:36 AM
A few things:

Give it to Auburn. They need it more :P

Mom, I know you're upset that I got an F on my test, but it's BARELY an F! I know a kid in my class that got an even lower F than me, so this F isn't that bad at all.[/little kid argument]

We didn't hide anything, but it seems like SC has been hiding ever since the accusations started. We did an internal investigation, reported our findings to the NCAA and kicked a few players out and asked a longtime, winning head coach to find a new program (which he did... sorry, Indiana, lol). I think that's what irks most, is that while the NCAA has done the probation thing on us and such and we've served our punishment out, is that SC is also guilty but is trying to get out of punishment. Using a little kid argument again, the kid is suggesting to mom that their punishment be, like 'no broccoli for a month' or something.

goingoneight
6/1/2010, 09:24 AM
Herr,
Yes, OU accepting the 2004 MNC would be absurd considering we forgot to play the rest of the game after the first score. However, when three people race, a gold, silver and bronze are rewarded. It's not absurd to think it possible that even badly tarnished silver (19-55) is still ahead of shiny new bronze.
Again, nobody in their right minds would want it, but we were the team that played for it. Just because Usain Bolt beats you by a mile and a half doesn't mean Mangino magically skips past you.

No championship... and it's settled.

delhalew
6/1/2010, 09:54 AM

Pay 'tention dummy. We. Don't. Want.

soonerboomer93
6/1/2010, 10:57 AM

The reason some people are upset is that OU's football violations happened after the USC football violations, yet they have been self reported, investigated and punished for them. Heck, the football team is off Probation and the NCAA still hasn't announced the investigation results for USC.

Dio
6/1/2010, 12:00 PM
You know what the difference is between OU and texas when it comes to cheating, Herr?

texas has the pull to get by with it.

Bourbon St Sooner
6/1/2010, 12:44 PM

Yeah, it's really ridiculous for people on a message board to talk about claiming a vacated title. Not nearly as ridiculous as a school putting up a fake championship with an astirisk beside it in its locker room though. Speaking of cheating, has texass vacated that last baseball nc yet?

cvsooner
6/1/2010, 12:53 PM
It is food for thought and discussion. For example, if USC didn't have the services of Reggie Bush in the '05 Orange Bowl, would we have planned a different defense for them? Probably so. Would the outcome be different? Who knows? Perhaps.

mhackl
6/1/2010, 01:15 PM
I think that a common sense approach to forfeiture would name OU the winner of the 04 N.C. game thus making OU the N.C., but I don't know anyone who would celebrate the title being awarded to us. The validity of OU's title record would be treated as if had an asterisks next to it in every conversation in the future.

MeMyself&Me
6/1/2010, 01:32 PM
I think that a common sense approach to forfeiture would name OU the winner of the 04 N.C. game thus making OU the N.C., but I don't know anyone who would celebrate the title being awarded to us. The validity of OU's title record would be treated as if had an asterisks next to it in every conversation in the future.

They're talking about vacating which is different than a forfeiture.

OKLA21FAN
6/1/2010, 01:36 PM
It is food for thought and discussion. For example, if USC didn't have the services of Reggie Bush in the '05 Orange Bowl, would we have planned a different defense for them? Probably so. Would the outcome be different? Who knows? Perhaps.

soooooooo, like the final score would have been more like
35-19????? :pop:

sooner518
6/1/2010, 01:56 PM
soooooooo, like the final score would have been more like
35-19????? :pop:

If Bush hadnt been playing, we wouldnt have tried to field a punt inside our own 5.....

not that I ever attended a game where those kinds of shenanigans happenned....just sayin..... :mad:

badger
6/1/2010, 02:02 PM

In 60 years perhaps a team will retroactively claim it, much like schools have done for the pre-modern era of college football.

What, didn't you know that it was USC, not Texas A&M that won the 1939 National Championship (http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072604aaa.html)???

47straight
6/1/2010, 05:46 PM

Of course orangebloods.com is tolerant. Kick a poster and there goes 10 bucks a month out of ketch's wallet.

Jdog
6/3/2010, 05:47 PM

why not? who else would they give it to?

diegosooner
6/3/2010, 07:21 PM
It's about time!

OU_Sooners75
6/3/2010, 08:10 PM

OU_Sooners75
6/3/2010, 08:15 PM

OB is no where tolerant. And Soonerscoop...they are tightening the reigns over there because of dumbasses like you.

1890MilesToNorman
6/3/2010, 08:40 PM
USuck says they ain't been notified yet and the NCAA usually notifies cheaters 48 hours before they announce ****. I bet we don't hear nuttin tomorry.

badger
6/3/2010, 09:15 PM
Is it friday yet? ;)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
6/3/2010, 10:56 PM
Not yet, but pretty soon it will be "tomorrow."

Collier11
6/3/2010, 11:21 PM
Got this from OUinsider, take it for what its worth

"Per KLAC radio in Los Angeles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USC receives a one year bowl ban, forfeiture of all wins/ championships that Bush participated in, and a vast number of scholarships lost. USC Alum Petros Papadakis is reporting this by the way."

IBleedCrimson
6/3/2010, 11:30 PM
ugggghhhhhhh this keeps dragging on

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5249650

edit:they lookin to take bush's heisman too

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5247232

Collier11
6/3/2010, 11:34 PM
I heard today that the NCAA no longer has to give a school 48 hours, if so, we may still be on for tom?

IBleedCrimson
6/3/2010, 11:35 PM
i surely hope so

Collier11
6/3/2010, 11:39 PM
Yea, I dont know if it is true but it sure would be nice to know whats gonna happen so we can enjoy a year or two of appeals by USC :eek:

IBleedCrimson
6/3/2010, 11:43 PM
Yea, I dont know if it is true but it sure would be nice to know whats gonna happen so we can enjoy a year or two of appeals by USC :eek:

lol. this usc nonsense is becoming the brett favre of cfb. sanctions are coming this year... no, next year.. no, this week... no, never,,,, no they came yesterday...

SGT Park3R
6/4/2010, 05:44 AM

For some reason, Auburn fans seem to want the title bad, unlike OU fans. I'm not sure why we would want something which was not earned and would be a huge asterisk in the record books. Yes, we got beat down in the title
game, but Auburn did not even get to the title game. In any event, neither OU nor Auburn will get anything in the end, other than satisfaction that USC gets slapped hard by the NCAA.

Don't want to get my hopes up too soon. But yes, hopefully they do get "slapped hard" by the NCAA.

SoCal
6/9/2010, 11:46 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5267933

USC will hold a news conference Thursday to respond to the NCAA's findings following its investigation into possible violations by the Trojans' football and men's basketball programs, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told ESPN's Joe Schad.

The NCAA infractions committee held a hearing in February in which USC presented its responses to allegations of NCAA violations. Results of the report have been expected for several weeks.

Once released, USC would have a chance to appeal.

USC already admitted wrongdoing with the basketball program and sanctioned itself, including a ban on postseason participation, a reduction of scholarships and vacating all of its wins from 2007-08.

The school's football team is under investigation for its dealing with Heisman Trophy-winning running back Reggie Bush, who played at the school from 2003-2005. Bush also won the 2005 Heisman; if he is found retroactively ineligible, the Heisman Trust could strip him of his 2005 Heisman Trophy.

The NCAA and investigators from the Pac-10 Conference have tried to determine whether Bush and his parents took improper benefits, including an alleged rent-free residence provided by a sports marketer. Bush has not met with NCAA and Pac-10 investigators and has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.

USC chose to contest the allegation against the football program, hoping to overcome the perception of a lack of institutional control, which could result in significant sanctions, including scholarship reductions, TV and postseason bans, recruiting restrictions and probation.

If USC is found guilty of major violations, the NCAA also could rule that the Trojans are "repeat violators." Per NCAA rules, "An institution shall be considered a 'repeat' violator if the Committee on Infractions finds that a major violation has occurred within five years of the starting date of a major penalty."

The athletic program was last sanctioned in August of 2001.

Collier11
6/9/2010, 11:57 AM
apparently they are getting hit big time, we will see

goingoneight
6/9/2010, 12:09 PM
"2010 USC, who won 4 games under first-year HC, Lane Kiffin, has been banned from post-season contention until 2011. The NCAA would also like the nation to know they are super angry, and plan to write a nasty letter to USC telling them how angry they are."

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 12:15 PM
"2010 USC, who won 4 games under first-year HC, Lane Kiffin, has been banned from post-season contention until 2011. The NCAA would also like the nation to know they are super angry, and plan to write a nasty letter to USC telling them how angry they are."

Word on the street is that they will have to vacate their losses.

goingoneight
6/9/2010, 12:21 PM
It will be as if USC/Tejas never happened! :eek:

goingoneight
6/9/2010, 12:21 PM
Maybe we should find out how to get OUr BCS losses vacated? :D

Ruf/Nek7
6/9/2010, 12:34 PM
I want it! Not for OU, just for myself. I will take bush's heisman too! :D

westbrooke
6/9/2010, 12:34 PM

Word on the street is that they will have to vacate their losses.

I'm late to this thread and was considering not trying to catch up. I'm glad I did. Nicely done, gentlemen.