PDA

View Full Version : Yup sue the Ailines

olevetonahill
5/29/2010, 02:53 PM
The yainch couldnt wake her lazy azz up so shes gonna sue the airlines, Yup its the airlines fault alright :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100528/od_nm/us_united_sleeping

Leroy Lizard
5/29/2010, 03:21 PM
False imprisonment?

StoopTroup
5/29/2010, 03:27 PM
Leroid....with all your vast knowledge of the airline industry I figured you'd at least understand what the false imprisonment angle would be about.

olevetonahill
5/29/2010, 03:28 PM
The cleaning crew made her stay onboard till the marshalls got there and checked her out.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/29/2010, 03:42 PM
A chance for her and her lawyer to win the lottery...and cause ticket prices to increase...oh, well.

StoopTroup
5/29/2010, 03:48 PM
And the Air Marshalls made her stay even longer. They get kind of freaky these days when you are in restricted areas on an Airport. You might remember some incidents around the U.S. Airports where someone opened a door in a restricted area and the Airport shut down until they were able to investigate what happened. The Flight Attendants are supposed to make sure all passengers have disembarked when a flight deadends. I'm betting the investigation of this will fnd that some rules were broken by the Crew. I'm not surenif the Pilots have any responsibility in this however. They are large and incharge before and during a flight but once the flight isnover and the plane is at the gate I'm not sure what their role is from there. United I'm sure will get angine at the very least is my guess. Whether that gal has a law suit? Heck she might.

StoopTroup
5/29/2010, 03:52 PM
I think the way things are these days Vet...the lawsuit they might have against the airline had she been ill and died would be even more. Someone should have gotten her the heck off the airplane once it got to the gate. If she didn't respond to the flight crew they should have called EMTs or Paramedics I think.

Leroy Lizard
5/29/2010, 04:21 PM
Leroid....with all your vast knowledge of the airline industry I figured you'd at least understand what the false imprisonment angle would be about.

I meant as in "You've got to be kidding me."

StoopTroup
5/29/2010, 05:12 PM
I meant as in "You've got to be kidding me."

Like I said. When Federal Employees detain you your Atty is probably going to go with a false imprisonment, so I don't think they are kidding you.

StoopTroup
5/29/2010, 05:21 PM
Also...most folks really don't ever take time to realize that airports and post offices and the like are Federal Property and run under rules most of you aren't aware of until you start getting mouthy and causing a scene....but do it even once and you're gonna get an education quick. Airline ticket prices are effected by those rules a heck of a lot more than what that Atty will probably get for that lady.

delhalew
5/29/2010, 06:26 PM
Watch this interview to see the stupidest woman on the planet.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GM2mgVRqY4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GM2mgVRqY4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

47straight
5/30/2010, 02:56 PM
One of the few times I've ever seen that the airline didn't deserve to be sued.

Leroy Lizard
5/30/2010, 03:26 PM
I tend to side with airlines most of the time because I think people demand far more compensation than they deserve. I've been screwed over by airlines worse than this. That's just the way it goes. If they offer me a sincere apology, a free ticket, and pay for a couple of meals, what else can I expect? And even if they don't, I wouldn't run to my lawyer; I would just fly on a different airline.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/30/2010, 04:06 PM
I tend to side with airlines most of the time because I think people demand far more compensation than they deserve. I've been screwed over by airlines worse than this. That's just the way it goes. If they offer me a sincere apology, a free ticket, and pay for a couple of meals, what else can I expect? And even if they don't, I wouldn't run to my lawyer; I would just fly on a different airline.Of course. Goldigger time for that woman, and her loyer!

StoopTroup
5/30/2010, 04:11 PM
One of the few times I've ever seen that the airline didn't deserve to be sued.

I won't disagree. The airline didn't do a damn thing wrong other than not call either Law enforcement or a Medical Team to check on the woman.

I don't understand what kind of meal Leroid thinks the Airline is going to pay for though. Other than 1st Class on certain carriers...do they even serve meals anymore?

Maybe he's talking about them getting him a "Happy Meal" with a toy in it?

I know some of them might still offer some cash for you to let another higher paying passenger on a flight but if he thinks they are offering stuff like he's spewing anymore...he must not have flown in awhile. If you are a Frequent Business Traveler you might have some clout but just any regular lounge lizard better know how to sing and post youtube videos if he's gonna get squat from an airline...especially United.

5YGc4zOqozo

Leroy Lizard
5/30/2010, 04:26 PM
I won't disagree. The airline didn't do a damn thing wrong other than not call either Law enforcement or a Medical Team to check on the woman.

I don't understand what kind of meal Leroid thinks the Airline is going to pay for though. Other than 1st Class on certain carriers...do they even serve meals anymore?

If you have a long layover because of a mixup, airlines will often give you a coupon for a free meal inside the air terminal.

Now, you may proceed in trying to find something to nitpick in my response.

StoopTroup
5/30/2010, 04:33 PM
Like I said...the Happy Meal.

Leroy Lizard
5/30/2010, 04:36 PM
Okay, StoopTroup... the Happy Meal.

Fine. Whatever.