PDA

View Full Version : President Barack Obama should be a dictator

MR2-Sooner86
5/28/2010, 01:57 PM
Woody Allen says President Obama should be granted dictatorial powers (seriously) (http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/17/woody-allen-president-obama-dictator/)

Woody Allen has a strange take on the democracy that allowed him to become rich and famous.
The "Scoop" director said it would be a cool idea for President Barack Obama to be dictator for for a few years.
Why?
So he could get things done without all the hassle of opposing views getting in the way.
In an interview published by Spanish language newspaper La Vanguardia (that we translated), Allen says “I am pleased with Obama. I think he’s brilliant. The Republican Party should get out of his way and stop trying to hurt him.”
But wait - there's more!
The director said "it would be good…if he could be a dictator for a few years because he could do a lot of good things quickly."
Of course, Allen has a famously strange relationship with reality. The director took nude photos of his lover Mia Farrow's teen-age adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn, and then ended up marrying her after separating from Farrow.
Farrow also said he molested their seven-year-old adopted daugther, Dylan. A judge refused to act on the charges, but called his relationship with Soon-Yi "grossly inappropriate."
Perhaps that judge has an opinion on Allen's "dictator" comments?

I always knew he had a major screw loose.

olevetonahill
5/28/2010, 02:00 PM
:eek:
http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/dick-tater.jpg

PDXsooner
5/28/2010, 02:15 PM
Sometimes, just out of curiosity I would like to give someone reasonable and rational dictatorial powers to see how it would go. The chaos theory would play a role to some extent. Either way, they would have no excuse if things didn't go well...And once they had unchecked power, I'm sure the reasonable and rational part would disappear.

delhalew
5/28/2010, 02:25 PM
Only Hollywood would tolerate that scumbag.
He and Polanski can suck donkey balls in hell, while people here praise them.

ndpruitt03
5/28/2010, 02:28 PM
Weren't they complaining that Bush was trying to be a dictator not long ago? This guy is pretty much Bush steroids.

yermom
5/28/2010, 02:30 PM
there have been dictators that worked out in the past, right?

all the R's that thought Bush's power grabs weren't a problem sure seem to be whining now

ndpruitt03
5/28/2010, 02:40 PM
there have been dictators that worked out in the past, right?

all the R's that thought Bush's power grabs weren't a problem sure seem to be whining now

I just don't get why democrats hate Bush and like Obama. They are the same except Obama is spending a ton more money. Which I thought would be impossible 2 years ago. I never excuse Bush because I see him as a liberal.

yermom
5/28/2010, 02:44 PM
i'd say that he hasn't undone enough of the things i didn't like about Bush for me to back him up as "my guy" but i wouldn't refer to myself as a Democrat anyway

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 02:45 PM
I just don't get why democrats hate Bush and like Obama. They are the same except Obama is spending a ton more money. Which I thought would be impossible 2 years ago. I never excuse Bush because I see him as a liberal.

I see him as a conservative who spent too much effort trying to please liberals.

Scott D
5/28/2010, 03:17 PM
I see him as an accident his father gave to his mother.

VeeJay
5/28/2010, 03:19 PM
Woody's never been any more than a neurotic sh!theel.

delhalew
5/28/2010, 03:23 PM

Well, that and a kid f*cker.

TUSooner
5/28/2010, 05:02 PM

He once was a funny nebbish instead of a creepy perv. :(

soonerloyal
5/28/2010, 07:03 PM
I see him as an accident his father gave to his mother.

I thank GOD for accidents like that.

StoopTroup
5/28/2010, 07:08 PM
Woody isn't really Hollywood either. He's just Woody. He's always had a different view/angle on everything. Taking him seriously? You should really consider what he's saying and measuring it against the body of work he has created. I think it's probably OK to even hate his work...but to take any of that seriously...you'll end up looking like Joe McCarty IMHO if you're not careful. Vets potato though is very erotic....lol.

delhalew
5/28/2010, 07:13 PM
Woody isn't really Hollywood either. He's just Woody. He's always had a different view/angle on everything. Taking him seriously? You should really consider what he's saying and measuring it against the body of work he has created. I think it's probably OK to even hate his work...but to take any of that seriously...you'll end up looking like Joe McCarty IMHO if you're not careful. Vets potato though is very erotic....lol.

One more time...dude ****s kids.

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 07:24 PM
But... but he's made some popular movies.

yermom
5/28/2010, 07:32 PM
while weird, it's not like he was really her father. they never lived together or anything

she was 22 at the time

85Sooner
5/28/2010, 07:46 PM
He's more of an incompetent boob than just about every President we have ever had.

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 07:54 PM
while weird, it's not like he was really her father. they never lived together or anything

she was 22 at the time

Another view:

Allen and Farrow's biological son, Ronan Seamus Farrow, said of Allen: "He's my father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression. I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship with my father and be morally consistent...I lived with all these adopted children, so they are my family. To say Soon-Yi was not my sister is an insult to all adopted children.

StoopTroup
5/28/2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah....I'm pretty sure you can drive around your neighborhood these days and find plenty of folks a whole lot more messed up than Woody Allen. I don't even think what he did comes very close to setting a bad example as a Father as say some guy who raised some kid from infancy by himself and then raped and Fathered children with her before she was of age. I think he's definitely in the "Dude...serously...that's the best you can do?" category. He is a well to do famous celebrity who really is skirting the Roman Polanski area of wrong.

StoopTroup
5/28/2010, 08:01 PM
I get the feeling that Woody's other kids are just as messed up as he is even if Woody hadn't bedded Soon-forget-me-not.

Boarder
5/28/2010, 08:01 PM
Hobbes had a fairly decent argument for a benevolent dictatorship over democracy.

StoopTroup
5/28/2010, 08:04 PM
I bet Calvin says "**** on it". :D

delhalew
5/28/2010, 08:04 PM

she was 22 at the time

While he was taking nude pictures and ****ing her...she was a teenager.

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 08:37 PM
But delhalew, he's a movie director. Surely we have learned by now that it is okay for movie directors to be sick individuals who sexually violate kids. (See Polanski, another director that the cultured defend.)

olevetonahill
5/28/2010, 09:03 PM
Woody???? Yall say that li9ke theres something wrong with it :D