PDA

View Full Version : Whatchutalkinbout, sounds like he aint long for this world

olevetonahill
5/28/2010, 12:21 PM
I know hes been a real leroy but hes had a pretty rough go in life.
Hoping for the best for him .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100528/ap_on_en_tv/us_people_gary_coleman;_ylt=ApHRKHcRDj_AqjB59yNksI qs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNxaGc5OHRpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNT I4L3VzX3Blb3BsZV9nYXJ5X2NvbGVtYW4EY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBv cHVsYXIEY3BvcwM4BHBvcwM1BHB0A2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW 5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDZmFtaWx5Z2FyeWNv

delhalew
5/28/2010, 12:37 PM
If we lose Gary Coleman, I quit. Life won't be worth livin'.

StoopTroup
5/28/2010, 12:47 PM
Good Luck G!

Man the stories about his conquests with Women...I bet many of you couldn't hang through one chapter. :D

Stitch Face
5/28/2010, 01:11 PM
I read in the reader comments on a CNN article, I think, about this that "soon Webster and Michael Jackson will be reunited in heaven."

Yes, the reader comments (and CNN.com for that matter) can make you stupider and less informed.

yermom
5/28/2010, 01:13 PM
his health problems probably made him famous

this is sad, but not that surprising

the Webster thing is funny though.

OhU1
5/28/2010, 02:04 PM
RIP Gary Coleman.

I used to frequent a Longhorn site that made lots of Gary Coleman jokes about one of their posters.

Poor little guy. How would you like to go through life with people coming up to you everyday saying "Whatchutalkinbout Willis?" Heck, that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back here.

olevetonahill
5/28/2010, 02:06 PM
Hes gone :(

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/05/28/child-star-gary-coleman-dead/

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2010, 02:07 PM
RIP arnold..I would bet The Gooch had something to do with this

yermom
5/28/2010, 02:08 PM
damn Gooch :mad:

delhalew
5/28/2010, 02:09 PM
Well...there goes another beloved piece of my childhood.
Be free little guy.

JohnnyMack
5/28/2010, 02:15 PM
jZ9LWSUEeEw

TheHumanAlphabet
5/28/2010, 02:25 PM
Yep, gone. I hope he is as tall as he wants to be in heaven...

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 03:04 PM
Heaven? More likely that Satan is slipping on his barbwired condom.

delhalew
5/28/2010, 03:08 PM
Heaven? More likely that Satan is slipping on his barbwired condom.

Whatchotalkinbout Leroid!?
I'll not have you denigrating my recently deceased Coleman.
It's not like he was Ted Kennedy.

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 03:17 PM
Well, my comment was probably a little mean I admit. But let's not go overboard in the other direction. Gary Coleman was just another spoiled actor who treated some of the people around him badly.

olevetonahill
5/28/2010, 06:21 PM
limptard you are by far the most idiotic poster this board has ever seen:pop:

That young man had a very troubled Child hood plus all the health probs
You sir are a Dumas:pop:

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, yeah. If I had come in here and said, "Gary Coleman was a great guy" you would have pointed out his domestic violence, assault, and disorderly conduct arrests. And insulted me of course.

olevetonahill
5/28/2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah, yeah. If I had come in here and said, "Gary Coleman was a great guy" you would have pointed out his domestic violence, assault, and disorderly conduct arrests. And insulted me of course.

I really dont have to insult you. You do a pretty decent job of making an azz out of yerself

I just hope he finds peace now .

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 07:08 PM
I really dont have to insult you.

Then don't.

olevetonahill
5/28/2010, 07:16 PM
Then don't.

You missed this part :D
I really dont have to insult you. You do a pretty decent job of making an azz out of yerself

Leroy Lizard
5/28/2010, 07:28 PM
Whatever, dude. Whatever.

Crucifax Autumn
5/29/2010, 09:32 AM
You guys are f*cking up my hero's croak thread.

StoopTroup
5/29/2010, 10:15 AM
R.I.P. Gary. You made me laugh. Thx

OU_Sooners75
5/29/2010, 11:06 AM
You missed this part :D

Olevet, you are wasting your time with such an idiot. Go pet your weenie or something...it will be better time served.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/29/2010, 11:32 AM
Hey Leroy,

Do you have the same type of relationship with your students as you do your fellow message board posters?

While most teachers are balanced, I know some whose purpose in life seems to be pointing out the flaws in their students and whine excessantly about the students and their job, while sitting in the teachers' lounge. At the other end of the spectrum there are teachers who recognize the power of positive reinforcement when interacting with students.

Most are in the middle of the spectrum.

Where are you?

sorry for the hijack.

Leroy Lizard
5/29/2010, 01:00 PM
Hey Leroy,

Do you have the same type of relationship with your students as you do your fellow message board posters?

While most teachers are balanced, I know some whose purpose in life seems to be pointing out the flaws in their students and whine excessantly about the students and their job, while sitting in the teachers' lounge. At the other end of the spectrum there are teachers who recognize the power of positive reinforcement when interacting with students.

Most are in the middle of the spectrum.

Where are you?

sorry for the hijack.

Okay, just realize that I will now be blamed for the hijack. :)

Pretty far to the "positive spectrum" side. I'm one of the biggest defenders of students on campus. (See my "defense" of Adam James in the football forum if you want to see where I stand regarding student/prof relationships.)

You won't find many instances of me chiding students for their lack of knowledge. As a teacher, it's on us when they come unprepared. We're not born with good math skills; we need to be taught good math skills. A teacher who slams the "stupidity" of his students is only pointing the finger at his own profession (which largely deserves it).

Because of this, I am very popular with students and not so popular with colleagues. The ones in my department are quite the professionals and we get along great. The ones in other departments (especially the humanities) have often forgotten what it's like to be a student. (By the way, the preponderance of student complaints come from those departments.)

Right now we are dealing with an econ prof who told his class he would give out no A's... on the first day of class. It worked out fine for him. Most of his class dropped and flooded the other sections, making those profs work harder. (The students should have filed their complaint sooner and they're pretty much already screwed.) Unfortunately, the protectionism of tenure (which I oppose for the most part) will end up saving him.

I tend to land in so much hot water in SF because I have a lot of unpopular views, not because I'm particularly mean. (I also tend to be a careless poster at times.) I entered this thread because I especially hate idolatry. I find it demeaning to the individual to hold up a celebrity's death as any more emotionally compelling than anyone else's. People die every day, so why give a **** about Gary Coleman? But, we have all been trained to cry crocodile tears over the misfortunes of the celebrity set. (Don't get me wrong: it is semi-important news so announcing it isn't the problem.) I saw some ladies crying over the death of Princess Diana. WTF? They didn't even know the woman.

The flip side of this is that if you are a student seeking fairness from a celebrity professor, it is probably a good idea to have me on the committee.

So why do I post? Some cheat on their spouses; some screw others in business deals; some spread untrue rumors about their friends; I post in SoonerFans. I guess it's my guilty pleasure. (And I do enjoy it. Those that think they are really getting to me when they fire off insults don't understand me at all.)

BTW, there is no teacher's lounge. I work at the college level.

olevetonahill
5/29/2010, 01:03 PM
Colleges Have Skool buses ?

Leroy Lizard
5/29/2010, 01:11 PM
You'd be riding the short one.

yermom
5/29/2010, 01:21 PM
the difference between Joe Schmoe with cancer and Gary Coleman is that we don't need a novel to know Gary Coleman's story

if you are famous you touch more people's lives. everyone remembers him as the cute kid on Diff'rent Strokes, so talking trash about him is going to evoke some negative reactions

i get the crying over Michael Jackson, to some extent. but Diana, not so much

Leroy Lizard
5/29/2010, 01:29 PM
the difference between Joe Schmoe with cancer and Gary Coleman is that we don't need a novel to know Gary Coleman's story

if you are famous you touch more people's lives. everyone remembers him as the cute kid on Diff'rent Strokes, so talking trash about him is going to evoke some negative reactions

i get the crying over Michael Jackson, to some extent. but Diana, not so much

They're all meaningless to me. I can honestly say that the death of no celebrity has ever affected me one way or the other. No one.

I don't care about their deaths; they won't care about mine. That's the way it should be.

yermom
5/29/2010, 01:31 PM
it's cool. you're dead inside. i get it

olevetonahill
5/29/2010, 01:39 PM
They're all meaningless to me. I can honestly say that the death of no celebrity has ever affected me one way or the other. No one.

I don't care about their deaths; they won't care about mine. That's the way it should be.

limptard , Have you heard ANYONE on here crying about any celebs death ?
No ya dork we've been commenting on them and wishing they RIP.
Like Yermom said. they are and were a part of all of our lives.

Leroy Lizard
5/29/2010, 01:42 PM
C'mon, yermom. I didn't say that the deaths of people can't affect me. I just want to actually know a person before I get all blubbery over his passing.

Frankly, I don't think many of us are as choked up as we want others to think. Some celebrity dies and we post all sorts of "RIPS, my man!" and "It's so sad!"

Posting phony eulogies for people we have never even met is just one of those stupid things we do, like praying before shooting a free throw.

Leroy Lizard
5/29/2010, 01:42 PM
limptard , Have you heard ANYONE on here crying about any celebs death ?

You didn't read my post.

yermom
5/29/2010, 01:52 PM
C'mon, yermom. I didn't say that the deaths of people can't affect me. I just want to actually know a person before I get all blubbery over his passing.

Frankly, I don't think many of us are as choked up as we want others to think. Some celebrity dies and we post all sorts of "RIPS, my man!" and "It's so sad!"

Posting phony eulogies for people we have never even met is just one of those stupid things we do, like praying before shooting a free throw.

i haven't seen anyone blubbering or posting anything too over the top. it's not like anyone is taking up a collection or calling for flags to be at half-staff

it was still a bummer to hear about

Leroy Lizard
5/29/2010, 01:59 PM
i haven't seen anyone blubbering or posting anything too over the top.

I was referring to the examples I mentioned earlier.

yermom
5/29/2010, 02:01 PM
so why you gotta bash St. Coleman?

jkjsooner
5/30/2010, 03:21 PM

You're missing the point. Most of us don't get hysterical over the death of a celebrity. We do feel like we know Gary Coleman (even if on a very superficial level) much more than some random name in the obituary.

Also consider that if a somewhat close friend of mine dies, it means a lot more to me than Gary Coleman but I know it means almost nothing to other posters. We all share a tiny bit of knowledge of Gary Coleman so we're likely to discuss it.

Nobody is saying that Gary Coleman's life was more important or meaningful than the others we see in the obituary every day. If you think that's what we're saying you're totally misunderstanding our motivations for posting.

Leroy Lizard
5/30/2010, 03:33 PM
You're missing the point. Most of us don't get hysterical over the death of a celebrity. We do feel like we know Gary Coleman (even if on a very superficial level) much more than some random name in the obituary.

Also consider that if a somewhat close friend of mine dies, it means a lot more to me than Gary Coleman but I know it means almost nothing to other posters. We all share a tiny bit of knowledge of Gary Coleman so we're likely to discuss it.

Nobody is saying that Gary Coleman's life was more important or meaningful than the others we see in the obituary every day. If you think that's what we're saying you're totally misunderstanding our motivations for posting.

Again, read my posts. I was referring to examples in which people DID get emotional over the death of a celebrity. I wasn't accusing anyone here of getting "hysterical" over Coleman's death.

And I said that Coleman's death was worthy of discussing. That's not the issue.

delhalew
5/30/2010, 03:40 PM
The problem with Leroy is he has a hard time understanding distinctions that most of us can draw easily.
Only Leroy thinks anyone considers Coleman or Hopper's death anymore important than another stiffs.
The rest of us have perspective enough to know that, because of their celebrity they were actually a part of our lives. Coleman was a part of my childhood. Wistful, innocent years that you never get back. Hopper was a part of my adolescent and teen years. A time when I was forming the person I would become. Does that make either of them particularly important? No.
Because they were a part of MOST of OUR lives. We find it enjoyable to mark their passing.

Leroy takes a belief most of share, celebrities are no more important than anyone else, and uses it to do hat he enjoys most...He tries to stir people up by antagonizing them over nothing. He probably considers it debate or conversation. Really he is a person that gets enjoyment from pissing in your post toasties. Otherwise known as a troll.

Which by the way is fine with me. Sometimes even entertaining

olevetonahill
5/30/2010, 04:05 PM
Again, read my posts. I was referring to examples in which people DID get emotional over the death of a celebrity. I wasn't accusing anyone here of getting "hysterical" over Coleman's death.

And I said that Coleman's death was worthy of discussing. That's not the issue.

limptard , you post in every thread concerning the death of a Celeb, That its no thing to you .
Ok we get it . yer a unfeeling tard .
Just stay the hell out of these threads :pop:

Leroy Lizard
5/30/2010, 04:06 PM
The problem with Leroy is he has a hard time understanding distinctions that most of us can draw easily.
Only Leroy thinks anyone considers Coleman or Hopper's death anymore important than another stiffs.

Again, read my posts. This argument didn't start because I accused people of getting overly emotional over the loss of Gary Coleman.

The rest of us have perspective enough to know that, because of their celebrity they were actually a part of our lives.

Gary Coleman was not a part of my life. Coleman was an actor. He PORTRAYED a character on tv. I didn't know him; he didn't know me. (And that's good, because he probably would have irritated me as much as I would have irritated him. Well, I might have irritated him more.)

I watched his show and found his character amusing. But that's pretty much the extent of it.

Leroy Lizard
5/30/2010, 04:10 PM
limptard , you post in every thread concerning the death of a Celeb, That its no thing to you .
Ok we get it .

Hmmm... I didn't say any such thing about Dennis Hopper. Or Ronnie James Dio.

delhalew
5/30/2010, 04:17 PM
Again, read my posts. This argument didn't start because I accused people of getting overly emotional over the loss of Gary Coleman.

Gary Coleman was not a part of my life. Coleman was an actor. He PORTRAYED a character on tv. I didn't know him; he didn't know me. (And that's good, because he probably would have irritated me as much as I would have irritated him. Well, I might have irritated him more.)

I watched his show and found his character amusing. But that's pretty much the extent of it.

Then STFU. This thread is not for you. He was as big a part of my life as The Dukes of Hazzard, The A-Team, The Hulk...If Lou Ferrigno dies I'll prolly RIP him as well. I also know you'll be there to behave like an @ss.

delhalew
5/30/2010, 04:18 PM
I also REALLY like the theme to Taxi. Is that a problem for you?

Leroy Lizard
5/30/2010, 04:24 PM
I also REALLY like the theme to Taxi. Is that a problem for you?

You will be happy to know that Bob James is still alive.

delhalew
5/30/2010, 04:29 PM
You will be happy to know that Bob James is still alive.

For now...:eek:

Leroy Lizard
5/30/2010, 04:40 PM
Well, we can all pray for his health.

Although, that has never seemed to work, as we all end up dying regardless.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/3/2010, 08:58 PM
Well, my comment was probably a little mean I admit. But let's not go overboard in the other direction. Gary Coleman was just another spoiled actor who treated some of the people around him badly.

Leroy... and I bet you call your female students whores and bitches, don't you?

Sacramento teacher accused of battery against student
[email protected]
Published Thursday, Jun. 03, 2010

A Hiram Johnson High School math teacher has been placed on administrative leave while facing charges of misdemeanor battery against a student.

Tim Carter, 45, faces a single count of battery on school grounds after a female student said the teacher slapped her twice on the buttocks in late April, according to court documents obtained by The Bee.

Carter was arrested May 14 and released the same day. He will be arraigned June 22.

The victim, whom The Bee is not naming because of the nature of the allegations, also said in court documents that Carter touched her thighs twice and tickled her on several occasions. The victim's statement says the "entire situation makes me very uncomfortable."

The Bee could not confirm whether the victim is a minor.

Carter's lawyer, Kyle Knapp, said Wednesday that the allegations are untrue and that his client has been an upstanding teacher who has taught for nearly 14 years at a difficult high school.

"Allegations of this sort can ruin a teacher's career and we look forward to fully investigating and contesting the charges against Mr. Carter," Knapp said. "He has many students who love him."

Court documents show that two student teachers from Sacramento State told police that while placed in Carter's classroom they witnessed the teacher make numerous inappropriate comments to male and female students. Both said Carter's comments were not sexually motivated.

Student teacher Sarah Starzynski, who was in the classroom when the alleged incident occurred, told police she did not see it.

In a witness statement, Starzynski told police that Carter "would make comments about the girls being 'whores' or 'bitches' or dressing like 'whores.' "

A call to Starzynski on Wednesday was not returned.

Knapp said that while those words may shock a student teacher, they were used as a way for Carter to relate to students at a "rough" school.

A Hiram Johnson student who was interviewed by police about the alleged battery said Carter "will tell a girl that she looks like a whore when she wears tight clothing." That student also said: "In the beginning of the year I thought that he was not acting right, but I know how he is now, so I know he is only joking with us."

District spokesman Gabe Ross said he would not comment on the case because it is a personnel matter.

Knapp, Carter's lawyer, said more than 300 students have signed a petition in support of his client.

According to Carter's statement, he told police he "would never touch a student in an inappropriate manner." He also told police he was worried that the erroneous allegations could cost him his job.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/3/2010, 09:04 PM
Okay, just realize that I will now be blamed for the hijack. :)

Pretty far to the "positive spectrum" side. I'm one of the biggest defenders of students on campus. (See my "defense" of Adam James in the football forum if you want to see where I stand regarding student/prof relationships.)

You won't find many instances of me chiding students for their lack of knowledge. As a teacher, it's on us when they come unprepared. We're not born with good math skills; we need to be taught good math skills. A teacher who slams the "stupidity" of his students is only pointing the finger at his own profession (which largely deserves it).

Because of this, I am very popular with students and not so popular with colleagues. The ones in my department are quite the professionals and we get along great. The ones in other departments (especially the humanities) have often forgotten what it's like to be a student. (By the way, the preponderance of student complaints come from those departments.)

Right now we are dealing with an econ prof who told his class he would give out no A's... on the first day of class. It worked out fine for him. Most of his class dropped and flooded the other sections, making those profs work harder. (The students should have filed their complaint sooner and they're pretty much already screwed.) Unfortunately, the protectionism of tenure (which I oppose for the most part) will end up saving him.

I tend to land in so much hot water in SF because I have a lot of unpopular views, not because I'm particularly mean. (I also tend to be a careless poster at times.) I entered this thread because I especially hate idolatry. I find it demeaning to the individual to hold up a celebrity's death as any more emotionally compelling than anyone else's. People die every day, so why give a **** about Gary Coleman? But, we have all been trained to cry crocodile tears over the misfortunes of the celebrity set. (Don't get me wrong: it is semi-important news so announcing it isn't the problem.) I saw some ladies crying over the death of Princess Diana. WTF? They didn't even know the woman.

The flip side of this is that if you are a student seeking fairness from a celebrity professor, it is probably a good idea to have me on the committee.

So why do I post? Some cheat on their spouses; some screw others in business deals; some spread untrue rumors about their friends; I post in SoonerFans. I guess it's my guilty pleasure. (And I do enjoy it. Those that think they are really getting to me when they fire off insults don't understand me at all.)

BTW, there is no teacher's lounge. I work at the college level.

Well, I've been meaning to ask you, Leroy, if you shoot straight with your Latino students and tell them if they're heard speaking Spanish in Arizona you think it's reasonable that law enforcement check their identity to make sure they are legally present.

Leroy Lizard
6/3/2010, 09:34 PM
Leroy... and I bet you call your female students whores and bitches, don't you?

Are you drunk? I cannot see how any of this has to do with me or Gary Coleman.

Leroy Lizard
6/3/2010, 09:36 PM
Well, I've been meaning to ask you, Leroy, if you shoot straight with your Latino students and tell them if they're heard speaking Spanish in Arizona you think it's reasonable that law enforcement check their identity to make sure they are legally present.

I don't discuss politics with students. I consider it unprofessional unless tied to course content.

Nice try, though. Damn nice try.

OUMallen
6/4/2010, 10:38 AM
His casket:

http://www.bobsteardrop.com/Coleman/images/cooler1.JPG

Leroy Lizard
6/4/2010, 10:41 AM
LOL! (Getting an LOL from me isn't necessarily going to do you a lot of good.)