PDA

View Full Version : So here I be in South Carolina

Okla-homey
5/27/2010, 05:55 PM
The campaign season is in full swing.

On the way to our hotel, I drove by Joe "You Lie!" Wilson's campaign HQ. They are fat with cash from all the people around the country who sent Joe money after his outburst during BHO's state of the union address last winter.

The leading candidate for governor is a guy named Andre who claims he was "tea party" before "tea party" was cool.

I love the folks here. I married one, but I must agree with the antebellum pundit, commenting during the secession era, "South carolina...too small for a republic, too big for an insane asylum.":D

CatfishSooner
5/27/2010, 05:56 PM
heh

StoopTroup
5/27/2010, 06:03 PM
Andre....lol

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-2/andre-the-giant.jpg

olevetonahill
5/27/2010, 06:14 PM
Is ya Durnk or did ya lie to us about that ?:D

Leroy Lizard
5/27/2010, 08:11 PM
The campaign season is in full swing.

On the way to our hotel, I drove by Joe "You Lie!" Wilson's campaign HQ. They are fat with cash from all the people around the country who sent Joe money after his outburst during BHO's state of the union address last winter.

The leading candidate for governor is a guy named Andre who claims he was "tea party" before "tea party" was cool.

I love the folks here. I married one, but I must agree with the antebellum pundit, commenting during the secession era, "South carolina...too small for a republic, too big for an insane asylum.":D

A man named Andre is running for political office in South Carolina? My, times have changed.

XingTheRubicon
5/28/2010, 10:07 AM
no more rhymes, I mean it

SunnySooner
5/28/2010, 10:18 AM
Anybody want a peanut? :D

We spent a couple weekends in Columbia last summer when Mr. SS was learning how to stop being a sailor and start being a soldier at Ft. Jackson, and all I could think is "Why is their football team so crappy?" It's a beautiful town, a gorgeous river running thru it, wonderful campus, cool downtown bar/rest. area, impressive stadium, and huge, rabid, fanbase. Seems like they should be able to recruit pretty well with all that going for them. I think they need to can Spurrier and find some youngblood. Anyway, we had a great time there, very pretty area. And people are crazy everywhere, I've lived enough places to know. Just 'nuckin futz. It's a wonder anything gets done, really.

Sooner in Tampa
5/28/2010, 10:36 AM
I spent 5 of my favorite years in the Marine Corps in South Carolina. I LOVE the low country...if I could find a decent job there, I would be back in a hot second.

delhalew
5/28/2010, 11:01 AM
I love Hymans Seafood in Charleston. They have a badass beach as well. I liked Hilton Head.
I never stopped in Columbia (truck stop and loading dock not withstanding), but it sounds nice.

StoopTroup
5/28/2010, 11:03 AM
I spent 5 of my favorite years in the Marine Corps in South Carolina. I LOVE the low country...if I could find a decent job there, I would be back in a hot second.

I know you guys say stuff like this and I have too at times...then I get to thinking it might be OK as long as I still have a place in Tulsa and Norman and maybe Grand Lake and a private jet and helicopter to get me around so I could do everything I wanted including the low country of South Carolina and then it gets down to just how hard is it gonna be to get to Sooner Games? Then I let go of the idea and go buy another lotto ticket. :D

delhalew
5/28/2010, 11:12 AM
I know you guys say stuff like this and I have too at times...then I get to thinking it might be OK as long as I still have a place in Tulsa and Norman and maybe Grand Lake and a private jet and helicopter to get me around so I could do everything I wanted including the low country of South Carolina and then it gets down to just hard is it gonna be to get to Sooner Games? Then I let go of the idea and go buy another lotto ticket. :D

Lmao. I second this.

Okla-homey
5/28/2010, 02:36 PM
iT'S HAWt!!! Not Africa hot, But it will be in August.

Staying in the heart of the USC campus, I am surrounded by "C**k" ephemera.

I still maintain, someday, the University of South Carolina should play Oregon State University. The headlines would be devastatingly funny.

delhalew
5/28/2010, 02:53 PM
Don't blame me...you brought it up.

"Cocks pound Beavers in a spirited romp, as the nation watches in rapt anticipation".

SunnySooner
5/28/2010, 03:24 PM
lol, Homey, I just thought the "I LOVE the'COCKS!!" super tight tank tops must make a lot of daddies SO proud!!:P :D

delhalew
5/28/2010, 03:28 PM
lol, Homey, I just thought the "I LOVE the'COCKS!!" super tight tank tops must make a lot of daddies SO proud!!:P :D

Big fan of tight tank tops on the ladies.
And Sunny...don't think this is the last you'll see of this post. :D

TUSooner
5/28/2010, 04:51 PM

post worthles without pics

Okla-homey
5/28/2010, 07:17 PM
Don't blame me...you brought it up.

"Cocks pound Beavers in a spirited romp, as the nation watches in rapt anticipation".

Beavers survive fourth-quarter rally by determined C0cks for the win!

Okla-homey
5/29/2010, 08:07 AM
Andre....lol

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-2/andre-the-giant.jpg

Andre Bauer

www.andrebauer.com

Crucifax Autumn
5/29/2010, 09:29 AM
I LOVE the'COCKS!!"

Fixed :D

delhalew
5/29/2010, 09:38 AM
Fixed :D

See Sunny, I told ya so!

StoopTroup
5/29/2010, 09:46 AM
Finally. She's really good to have on a Sports Board. Erin Anderson doesn't hold a candle to our Sunny. :D

SunnySooner
5/29/2010, 11:39 AM
Awww, thanks, ST, that was sweet!!! And I don't care if it haunts me, all the Gamecock stuff is too funny. Not the exact shirt I was thinking of, but you get the idea. They have a lot fun with it, fo sho.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/terryray_photos/untitled.jpg

http://images3.cafepress.com/nocache/product/11986803v2147483647_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

StoopTroup
5/29/2010, 03:36 PM
I'm glad your on OUr Team Sunny. :D

Okla-homey
5/30/2010, 09:46 AM
wedding foolishness* is over. Now, on to Mrs. Homey's peeps for a day, then on to the Holy City where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers converge to form the Atlantic Ocean.

*last night, I couldn't help thinking how many house payments those kids could make with what they were blowing on the wedding, reception, etc., etc.

Okla-homey
6/3/2010, 11:48 PM
I'm back. Uneventful return trip...except. Blow-out between Winfield, AL and Tupelo, MS.

Of course, that involved unloading the trunk to get at the BS "mini-spare" (a/k/a the POS with which you're limited to 45 mph). Fortunately, it was inflated properly so we could limp in to town for a new tire.

Here's the interesting part.

While I was changing the tire, a man pulled up to see if I needed help. He introduced himself as Johnny Spann. My mind went to clickin' and I thought, hmmm, Winfield...Spann..."hey, are you related to the CIA operative named Spann who was the first American killed in Afghanistan during the prison riot back in the opening month of the Campaign?" To which he replied, "he was my son."

I was speechless, hugged him, and we just kinda stood there a minute staring at the pavement.

You may recall, that temporary prison also contained the traitorous POS "American Taliban" from California who now justifiably rots in a federal pen notwithstanding his mommy and daddy's attempts to get him paroled because "he didn't know what he was getting into" when he converted to Islam and traveled to Pak and Afghan to attend a madrasa back in 2000.

Well sir, when I told Mr. Spann his nephew was in my squadron, and I related I was keenly aware of the whole situation having cut Emergency Leave orders for the nephew to get home to Alabama for the memorial service for Agent Spann, he insisted on leading us, and my blown-out tire, to the little tire store in Winfield, and even made sure the owner sold me a new tire and mounted same ASAP, so we could be on our way.

While I was dealing with that, he drove my wife and daughter to his office (real estate) where they could relax in air conditioned comfort 'til I drove around with my new tire to pick them up.

Small world, huh?

btk108
6/3/2010, 11:52 PM
I'm back. Uneventful return trip...except. Blow-out between Winfield, AL and Tupelo, MS.

Of course, that involved unloading the trunk to get at the BS "mini-spare" (a/k/a the POS with which you're limited to 45 mph). Fortunately, it was inflated properly so we could limp in to town for a new tire.

Here's the interesting part.

While I was changing the tire, a man pulled up to see if I needed help. He introduced himself as Johnny Spann. My mind went to clickin' and I thought, hmmm, Winfield...Spann..."hey, are you related to the CIA operative named Spann who was the first Amwerican killed in Afghanistan during the prison riot back in the opening month of the Campaign?" To which he replied, "he was my son."

I was speechless, hugged him, and we just kinda stood there a minute staring at the pavement.

Well sir, when I told him his nephew was in my squadron, and I related I was keenly aware of the whole situation having cut Emergency Leave orders for the nephew to get home to Alabama for the memorial service for his son, he insisted on leading us, and my blown-out tire, to the little tire store in Winfield, and even made sure the owner sold me a new tire and mounted same ASAP, so we could be on our way.

While I was dealing with that, he drove my wife and daughter to his office (real estate) where they could relax in air conditioned comfort 'til I drove around with my new tire to pick them up.

Small world, huh?

That's awesome, Keith. Small world, huh?

btk108
6/3/2010, 11:54 PM
heh...I knew I saw the "small world" somewhere. I meant to say Karma.....you got your thanks in person from him, can't beat that!