PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Getting a Look From the Cavaliers

Sooner04
5/27/2010, 03:25 PM
SHOCKED! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqiWp3RGBjKZVO6mo7Dbld68vLYF?slug=aw-sampsoncavs052710)

Now I'm sure the mouthbreathers will come along and tell us that Kelvin can't coach offense but that's not exactly true. Any of you old-timey OU BBall fans know that Kelvin had some pretty good success with those "know your role" teams of the late 90s. The formula was pretty basic. The superstar (Minor, Erdmann, Brewer) had carte blanche while everybody else played defense like their life depended on it and picked up whatever scraps they could find on the offensive end.

This will be an interesting story to follow.

Who knows? Zydrunas Ilgauskas could be the next Jason Yanish.

badger
5/27/2010, 03:35 PM
I am not sure that the hiring of Kelvin Sampson would impress Bron Bron... but maybe King James is already planning to leave his home state?

I am quite confident that KS wants to coach again, and not just assistant-coach, but HEAD coach... I just don't see him going to Cleveland.

I also think he would bring something unique to a pro team, much like Nolan has brought something unique to the WNBA.

:D Unique doesn't necessarily mean better.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/27/2010, 04:32 PM
good for him

Jacie
5/30/2010, 04:27 PM
I also think he would bring something unique to a pro team, much like Nolan has brought something unique to the WNBA.

Text message the players? Oh, he's already done that . . .