PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Mosque To Be Built On Ground Zero

sooner59
5/26/2010, 12:33 PM
Didn't notice this posted anywhere. Any comments?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_on_re_us/us_ground_zero_mosque

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2010, 12:39 PM
Didn't notice this posted anywhere. Any comments?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_on_re_us/us_ground_zero_mosque

Many said they were not opposed to a mosque — just not one that's two blocks from ground zero.

It says near ground zero, not on ground zero. Still kinda strange I guess.

GottaHavePride
5/26/2010, 12:44 PM
Two blocks away? Two blocks in NYC is a pretty significant distance.

Also, I think it's perfectly reasonable to think that moderate Muslims might use Ground Zero as a reminder that they need to work harder against radical fundamentalists.

soonerscuba
5/26/2010, 12:49 PM
Oh, skycake.

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2010, 12:50 PM
Two blocks away? Two blocks in NYC is a pretty significant distance.

True, and I can't think of a bigger melting pot in the US than NYC. If anyone was going to build a mosque, NYC would probably make the most sense.

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2010, 12:52 PM
Oh, skycake.

No matter how old I become, that will never get old, ever.

StoopTroup
5/26/2010, 12:56 PM
Good to know there will be modern facilties near the site. You never know when you're gonna need to take a dump. Sometimes it just comes on quick...especially if you've just chugged a few beers and downed some Nathan's hotdogs.

yermom
5/26/2010, 12:57 PM
i just heard the skycake bit. that's awesome

and when i first saw this story, i thought it was on ground zero

i can't reconcile that... but two blocks away doesn't seem out of line

BudSooner
5/26/2010, 01:02 PM
Good to know there will be modern facilties near the site. You never know when you're gonna need to take a dump. Sometimes it just comes on quick...especially if you've just watched a Mets home game.:D

GottaHavePride
5/26/2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah, the people protesting saying they're "building on a Christian cemetery" are nutjobs. First, it's two blocks away. Second, they dug everyone and everything out of that hole. There's no one buried there anymore. Call it a "historical battleground" if you want to be melodramatic about it, but not a cemetery.

OKLA21FAN
5/26/2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah, the people protesting saying they're "building on a Christian cemetery" are nutjobs. First, it's two blocks away. Second, they dug everyone and everything out of that hole. There's no one buried there anymore. Call it a "historical battleground" if you want to be melodramatic about it, but not a cemetery.

Just as long as we don't allow a Catholic Church to be built a couple of a blocks from the Murrah Building site, right? 'fair is fair'!!! :pop:

Fraggle145
5/26/2010, 01:21 PM

And I am sure everyone that died was christian...

C&CDean
5/26/2010, 01:53 PM
Let em' build it. Then let's blow that mother****er all to hell. That'd make me smile.

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2010, 02:04 PM
Let em' build it. Then let's blow that mother****er all to hell. That'd make me smile.

Bomb your own country! USA! USA! USA!

ndpruitt03
5/26/2010, 02:05 PM
Unless there is information that they are funded by terrorist they have the right to have a Mosque where ever they want it. That 1st amendment thing gives them that right. Not that our leaders give a rats *** about that document.

OklahomaTuba
5/26/2010, 02:09 PM
I don't mind personally.

C&CDean
5/26/2010, 02:26 PM
Bomb your own country! USA! USA! USA!

A building full of muslims ain't my daddy's - or my country either. Especially a building full of them anywhere near where they murdered all the folks they did. **** em'.

That being said, I sure am happy we've got folks like you who are so enlightened, accepting, and forgiving. Well unless it's a christian, a conservative, or a veteran. **** them guys. Let's all love on the murderers, gays, and muslims. Hells yes.

sooner59
5/26/2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah, its two blocks away. I read the title and skimmed through it. I got it was "on" ground zero. Two blocks away isn't bad IMO. I don't mind it personally. Plus GottaHavePride and Fraggle have decent points. I was just curious of everyone's opinion.

lexsooner
5/26/2010, 05:34 PM
A building full of muslims ain't my daddy's - or my country either. Especially a building full of them anywhere near where they murdered all the folks they did. **** em'.

That being said, I sure am happy we've got folks like you who are so enlightened, accepting, and forgiving. Well unless it's a christian, a conservative, or a veteran. **** them guys. Let's all love on the murderers, gays, and muslims. Hells yes.

What about conservative, U.S. citizen, U.S. military veteran Muslims? Yes, there are some. Are they also not "real Americans?" Do you want to see them blown up too?

StoopTroup
5/26/2010, 05:39 PM
What about conservative, U.S. citizen, U.S. military veteran Muslims? Yes, there are some. Are they also not "real Americans?" Do you want to see them blown up too?

You mean like the ones that murder their own on Military Bases?

soonerinabilene
5/26/2010, 05:44 PM
Oh, skycake.

its sky candy, motherf@cker.

Curly Bill
5/26/2010, 05:46 PM

Yes please. ;)

MR2-Sooner86
5/26/2010, 08:44 PM
Yup lets just build a mosque which is a sign of conquest over non-believers, has anti-west literature, and is for the most non-tolerant religion and culture to live on this planet.

Oh well, whenever I see a Muslim near there I'll only look at them with one eye open....until the magazine is empty.

:pop:

JLEW1818
5/26/2010, 08:50 PM
The Religion of Peace