5/26/2010, 01:46 AM
Murray #3 RB in conf
Broyles #1 WR
Mensick #10 TE
Landry #3 QB

http://cfn.scout.com/2/971552.html

swardboy
5/26/2010, 07:16 AM
I have no doubt Mr. Landry will jump up a couple of positions by season's end.

IronHorseSooner
5/26/2010, 08:22 AM
I can't argue with the QB rankings. I figured The Stache would be somewhere between 1 and 5 on that list. Johnson got up that high with his game against *. Gabbert will be really good if he can stay healthy.

For RB, on pure talent, DM is #1, and is a more all-around weapon. If healthy, he's the best RB in the conference. Hunter, in that new system, won't nearly have the production he did before. The K-STATE guy is good, but if DM and Hunter play to their level, he's a distant third.

Broyles- easiest choice out there.

Mensik at TE is much like the Eldridge FB pick a few years ago- he's so good that he's a pick at a position he doesn't even play. I think he'll be just fine on the OL. He stated that he's closer to 285-290 now.

I bet on the Defense, you'll see something like this:

DE: Beal-1; Alexander-5 (after Beal, nAcho (*), Miller (A&M), the guy from Tech- can't remember his name)
DT: Taylor-2 (Crick-NU); McFarland-4 (They'll put some Whorn on there)
LB: T. Lewis-1 (but by the end of the year, I bet Wort and The Hammer will be somewhere on the list)
CB: Nelson-3 (Williams-*, Akamamura- NU)
S: Q. Carter-1
Punter: Way-2 (Henery-NU)

IBleedCrimson
5/26/2010, 11:30 AM
robert griffin should be higher than 5. if he was playing for someone other than baylor they would be touting him as a heisman candidate.

oudavid1
5/26/2010, 11:36 AM
Jerrod Johnson is a stud, he doesn't really play amazing on the road though. But since we have to go there this year...who cares. This guy could be in New York this year but i honestly think the running game at A&M will be dominant.

yankee
5/26/2010, 12:30 PM
Murray #3 RB in conf
Broyles #1 WR
Mensick #10 TE
Landry #3 QB

http://cfn.scout.com/2/971552.html
some thoughts...

i thought mensik moved to tight end?

I think Landry ends up at the #1 spot by the end of the year...just a gut feeling.

Surprised Christine Michael of Aggy was rated so low in those rankings. that guy is the REAL deal...i think with johnson getting a lot of attention on offense, he's going to shine. he'll be an all-american by the time he leaves texas aggy, me thinks.

surprised dejuan miller didn't make the list of top 10. oh well, i think he'll be up there by season's end.

Collier11
5/26/2010, 01:06 PM
i thought mensik moved to tight end?

You mean O line right, I think he was

Surprised Christine Michael

They left him down there since his mom named him Christine

HBick
5/26/2010, 01:57 PM
I'm surprised Griffin is that low. Sure he was out last year with the ACL injury but he is scary good

Collier11
5/26/2010, 02:02 PM
Most of Griffins game is based off of his running ability, after an ACL who knows if he can move like he used to?

yankee
5/26/2010, 03:05 PM
They left him down there since his mom named him Christine

yes, o-line my bad.

ha on the name part...that is pretty bad...but i'm just forewarning you guys...he (she?) is a stud.

Collier11
5/26/2010, 03:08 PM
Yea he is solid, his mom is a selfish idiot though. IF you havent heard the story, she was convinced she was having a girl so when he came out with a little wee wee, she decided not to change his name

yankee
5/26/2010, 03:11 PM
Yea he is solid, his mom is a selfish idiot though. IF you havent heard the story, she was convinced she was having a girl so when he came out with a little wee wee, she decided not to change his name

lulz. had not heard that.

sucks to be him. i would get my name changed ASAP if i were in his shoes. :P

Collier11
5/26/2010, 03:12 PM
No doubt

stoops the eternal pimp
5/26/2010, 03:17 PM
He has to be tough growing up with that name

Seriously, I remember watching him last year and thinking he had the raw skill set to be a top tier RB

The Thomas kid from KSU should be #1 on that list but it doesnt matter....Kid has anything that you would want out of a RB..size, speed, durability, good hands

CrimsonCommando
5/26/2010, 05:25 PM
So... OU does not have a kicker that could be considered in the top 10? Out of 12 teams. Anyone else think that is a HUGE problem for us.

Curly Bill
5/26/2010, 05:42 PM
So... OU does not have a kicker that could be considered in the top 10? Out of 12 teams. Anyone else think that is a HUGE problem for us.

Has been ever since Hartley left. It doesn't seem to be a priority to fix it.

IronHorseSooner
5/27/2010, 08:03 AM
Has been ever since Hartley left. It doesn't seem to be a priority to fix it.

Which, as the Ole Vet Special Teams Coach, angers me. :mad:

I've posted this before that they should put Tress on kick offs, have Stevens kick PATs and under 35 yard FGs, and have Paddy kick them over 35. This fits into each one of their strengths. It is kicker-by-committee, and we wouldn't be the first to do it.

NormanPride
5/27/2010, 09:28 AM
Say what you want about Stevens, but he's money from under 35. :D

IronHorseSooner
5/27/2010, 10:30 AM
I said back in the recruiting season, that we should have offered that local kicker- Cabello(sp). He was putting the ball through the end-zone, and routinely making 50-plus yard kicks. He also had an unflappable attitude.

oudavid1
5/27/2010, 10:41 AM
I said back in the recruiting season, that we should have offered that local kicker- Cabello(sp). He was putting the ball through the end-zone, and routinely making 50-plus yard kicks. He also had an unflappable attitude.

I was Cabellos holder and one of his closet friends, he is one of the nicest, most respectful young men and he has one hell of leg. I told him if OU offers i would walk on as a holder (im 135lbs). So Bob [hairGel] kinda ruined both of our dreams.